Fall Preview: Check Out Alcatraz, Terra Nova, The Finder, and 5 Other New Fox Shows

Fox has officially unveiled its lineup for the 2011-12 TV season (detailed here), and joining Dr. Crankypants, a group of Gleeks, and that sexually charged pair of crime-solvers are some Dinosaur dwellers, a second adorkable Deschanel sister, a J.J. Abrams drama about a mysterious island, and more.

Here are sneak peeks at all eight of Fox’s new series. Take a gander and tell us what you think!

Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Terra Nova, starring Jason O’Mara, Stephen Lang, Mido Hamada (Mondays at 8 pm)

New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, Max Greenfield (Tuesdays at 9 pm)

The X Factor, starring Simon Cowell, “L.A.” Reid, Cheryl Cole, Paula Abdul (Wednesdays at 8 pm)

I Hate My Teenage Daughter, starring Jaime Pressly, Kate Finneran, Chad Coleman, Kevin Rahm (Wednesdays at 9:30 pm)

Allen Gregory, starring Jonah Hill (Sundays at 8:30 pm)

Fox’s Fall Schedule Revealed: Terra Nova on Monday, Glee, Fringe Staying Put, Most Wanted ‘Axed’

AND PREMIERING MIDSEASON:

Alcatraz, starring Jorge Garcia, Parminder Nagra, Sam Neill (Mondays at 9 pm)

The Finder, starring Geoff Stults, Michael Clarke Duncan (Thursdays at 9 pm)

Napoleon Dynamite, starring Jon Heder, Efren Ramirez (Sundays at 8:30)

1. Sam says:

Terra Nova, I’m surprised to say, looks freaking good. This could be the actual answer to the next big network mythology show. I hope they don’t rely on the dinosaurs for the antagonists, though. We need some series villains eventually.

2. Dave says:

Why is “The Finder” premiering mid-season? The backdoor pilot was very good and there will be a lot of Bones fans very disappointed with that news. We were hoping for 22 episodes.

• Jess says:

It will premiere midseason because there is not enough time to get production up and running for a fall premiere date. And there is not enough room in the lineup to air it this fall. Fall premieres are for new concepts and risky ventures. When those fail to succeed, networks like to have safer backups to fill in holes left by shows that just couldn’t produce the numbers they were hoping for. Fact is, The Finder is going to be less expensive to produce and fits a lot easier with the current Fox offerings so it’s a safe bet to save the network come May Sweeps when their more costly options like Terra Nova don’t work out. Though I’m keeping my fingers crossed Terra Nova does succeed. I think Fox has some of the more intriguing new options for the Fall/Winter season.

• Evan Meadow says:

Not to mention Fox can use it to fill in for the episodes they probably won’t film for Bones this season due to Emily Deschanel’s pregnancy.

3. Saimon says:

I think Terra Nova’s Trailer improved from its first one. After watching this, i’m gonna give it a shot !
    I think Teenage Daughter could be hilarious, but it looks like a CBS comedy actually, i don’t know if it is well-paired with the new girl, which looks awesome as well, but different ! Fox kinda suprised me O.o

4. Jacob says:

Alcatraz and Terra Nova both look solid. Mighty impressed. And I agree with @Sam: Terra Nova needs human antagonists as well.

• jenna says:

agreed. Terra Nova looks AMAZING, and i’m very intrigued by alcatraz. The New Girl looks like a hit as well

5. Chris Halarewich says:

THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION i live in Canada the only one i can see is xfactor yeppppiiiiieeeee :(

6. Tricia says:

These all look pretty good! Much better than NBC, especially in the comedy department. New Girl looks great, I’ll probably be checking that out. I think I’ll be giving Allen Gregory, Terra Nova, and Teenage Daughter a try. I’m not sure about Napoleon Dynamite. That ship has sailed, I think. I hated The Finder when Bones did the backdoor pilot and I don’t think I’ll be giving it a second chance.

7. DL says:

Napoleon Dynamite looks stupid. And awesome. And stupidly awesome.

8. Sarah says:

The post is great but viewers from Europe can’t watch any of the videos. Is there anything you could do to sort that out? Thanks in advance!

9. Courtney says:

These actually look pretty good – I’ll definitely try The New Girl because I adore Zooey. I’ll check out Terra Nova, Alcatraz and The Finder after a few episodes to see if other people think they are good.

10. Frenchie says:

Terra Nova looks like dystopian ancient awesomesauce.
    The New Girl is hilarious! I love me some Deschanel.
    IHMTD: Funniest thing this season!
    Alcatraz looks great, but very high concept. I fear for it’s future.
    The Finder… As an avid Bones fan, even I have to say that it sucked.

11. ggny says:

whos is the 3rd guy in New Girl? Damon Wayne Jr Max Greenfield and who is the other guy? He seems so fimiliar but i just cant place him

• David says:

His name is Jake Johnson. Here is his imdb page:

• crose1 says:

The third guy is Jake M. Johnson, he was in No Strings Attached. I thought he was funny in that movie. Also, the preview for New Girl looks really funny. Zooey was a great casting choice!!

12. nitemar says:

OMG Terra Nova and Alcartraz! I have to reset myself for watching House at 9 with Terra Nova as lead-in new show at 8!!

13. Paul says:

New Girl looks good. I laughed out loud a couple times in the trailer.

14. Ashley says:

“The New Girl” looks adorable and made me laugh, so I’ll definitely be watching it. “Alcatraz” looks interesting too.

15. I’m not sure what I like less about teenage daughter, the fact that it makes moms look like neurotic bitter morons or our daughters look like vindictively entitled brats. I won’t be putting that on my tv. The finder looks good, as does Alcatraz!

16. Ryan says:

New Girl..
    Now that Happy Endings has been picked up (yay). That was Damon Waynes Jr. first loyalty… Are they going to recast and shoot a another pilot or do that thing where they just recast the character by the second episode and hope no one notices?

Other than that, looks pretty funny! Looking forward to it.

• fernando says:

I don’t care what they do but whatever they do they better let him be in Happy Endings, that show is the best and will do great in season 2 if they move it to a different time.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

They recast and reshoot the pilot.

17. Kate says:

Well the comedies ‘New Girl’ and ‘I Hate My Teenage Daughter’ look like my cuppa tea so I#ll be trying them ones out for sure, and what can i say ‘Alcatraz’ why is it premièring mid season?? Im too excited for ti already!

18. Mick says:

Alcatraz reminds me of the 4400

19. Goat Girl says:

The New Girl, Terra Nova and Altatraz look awesome. Teenage Daughter looks a little over the top but I’ll try it. The Finder looks stupid plus I’ve never seen Bones. The rest look forgetable. Can I please have Human Target and Lie To Me back?

20. melissa says:

Pumped for New Girl, Alcatraz, and Terra Nova. FOX’s lineup > NBC’s so far.

21. Steve says:

I’m looking forward to Terra Nova and Alcatraz. I may give the Finder a chance depending on what else it’s up against and DVR space.

22. Lash says:

Wow, Alcatraz looks amazing! Looks like the perfect show to fill the void LOST left in my heart. Will be checking out the New Girl too because of Zooey Deschanel and The Finder seems like the perfect show to get me through the long Bones hiatus in the spring. IHMTD will be a definite pass.. looks horrible.

23. Mikaylah says:

New Girl looks super cute! Besides that, I’ll definitely tune in for Alcatraz and The Finder.

24. melita says:

zooey is just adorable isnt she
    i predict it to be the breakout comedy this year
    the finder will check out definetly
    im pretty sure it will improve
    goeff stults is kinda good as walter

25. crose1 says:

My opinions: New Girl looks pretty funny, I’m definitely going to watch the first few episodes. Alcatraz looks interesting, and I like the way it’s shot. I’ll check out Terra Nova because I really like Jason Mara, and was disappointed when Life on Mars was cancelled. Also, i’m happy to see Declan from Degrassi is on it. The Allen Gregory preview made me laugh, but I don’t really like animated shows, so I’m not sure if I’ll necessarily watch it though. I won’t watch I Hate My Teenager Daughter, I think the brattiness of the teenagers will really annoy me. But, it seems like there’s a few new shows to check out come fall, which is pretty far away. And that makes me kind of sad. Summer TV sucks except for HBO and Showtime.

26. murley says:

new girl, allen gregory and alcatraz (so excited!) look the best in my opinion. i am thrilled to have max greenfield back on t.v., my love of deputy leo has never wavered. i will probably also check out terra nova and the finder and see how they shape up.

27. rachelle says:

I Hate My Teenage Daughter looks like comedic gold! love the concept and love the trailer! New Girl’s also pretty hilarious, as long as DWJ stays on Happy Endings! also love Allen Gregory! I’m a huge comedy nut, so these shows are right up my alley, although I’m gonna try to stay detached in case FOX feels like being overly generous in the cancellation department. as far as non-comedies go, I’m crazy excited for Terra Nova and Alcatraz. TN looks amazing and A looks like it’ll be an awesome thriller with lots of twists. As an avid Bones fan, I’ll also be checking The Finder out. Lol, ok, so I’m gonna watch all these shows, I guess. At this point, FOX’s new lineup is the most exciting one I’ve seen.

28. lexi says:

i thought the fox lineup sucked untill now all the promos look fascinating
    much better than all nbc pilots except smash put together

29. Jill says:

Monday is going to be even more must see TV with Terra Nova and House back where it should be at 9p. Alcatraz looks like it going to be worth seeing also.

30. Elle says:

Alcatraz looks amazing kind of like what Fringe looked like at the start just hope they don’t get too procedual-y.
    New Girl looks like my new favourite show already I LOVE Zooey and she looks set to be hilarious in this along with the other leads.
    I Hate My Teenage Daughter looks really funny and I love Jamie so i’ll give it a shot although kind of weird how FOX and NBC are turning back to laugh tracks :/ hope ABC don’t follow suit.
    Terra Nova looks fantastic really good effects and looks far less cheesy than expected.
    Not that excited for the rest might give X Factor a shot although i’ve lost interest in Idol my faves always get booted early and i’m far more addicted to The Voice atm.

31. Elle says:

Meant to mention I haven’t been watching FOX lately just Fringe,Glee and Raising Hope but this schedule is great and I will defos be tuning in this fall well done FOX you have completely upstaged NBC whose only new shows I’m interested in are Smash and Up All Night.

32. eric garner says:

they all look crappy to me bring back human target

33. sladewilson says:

Alcatraz. That’s it. They could’ve kept Human Target and The Chicago Code instead of greenlighting some of this crap. The New Girl might’ve had a shot with Damon 2.0 but he’s committed to Happy Endings (yay).

34. T says:

Feeling a lot of love for FOX right now! All the shows look good.

35. Yes says:

I laughed out loud at The New Girl (who knew Zooey was so funny!), and am already sucked in by Alcatraz. Terra Nova reminded me of BSG meets Caprica with a dash of Land of the Lost. I will probably check it out. Can’t believe that I enjoyed the Finder upfront, too. I think FOX has some good momentum (and am still thrilled that they have Fringe on Fridays!).

Given the latest House news – no Cuddy! – I am glad that a lot of these look good.

36. rac76 says:

I agree that New Girl looks promising as does Terra Nova. Yet, I’m really interested in Alcatraz, I’m curious to know what will happen. Actually, I know what will happen, I will be sucked in, watch it, then it will be canceled. That type of show should probably be on cable, and not on network..just saying.

37. Ricardo J. C. Guardado says:

THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION.

Really??? Is this some kind of joke???

Thanks