Breaking: Donald Trump Not Running For President, Will Remain at Helm Of Apprentice

Holy publicity stunt, Batman: Donald Trump confirmed at NBC’s upfront presentation in New York on Monday that he has decided not to run for president in 2012. The decision clears the way for him to stay on as host of Celebrity Apprentice next season.

The announcement comes a day after NBC president Bob Greenblatt said he was prepared to replace The Donald on Celebrity Apprentice should he officially enter the race.

“The show will go on in his absence,” Greenblatt told reporters. “If we had to address the issue of who it would be replacing him, we’d have to be confident we have another galvanizing presence. I’m hopeful we don’t have to go there, but if we do, it’s too strong a franchise to not consider that.”

Thoughts? Anyone surprised?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. James says:

I guess the signs said ‘go’ yet his heart said ‘no’ too? Or was it based on execs?

2. Cheryl says:

What a joke, I’m glad he’s not running but to use the presidential campaign as such a publicity stunt is disgusting!

3. Judy says:

Thank God. . .can you imagine the temper tantrums Trump would have when Congress refused to kiss his ***.

4. BRETT says:

I knew he was not serious when he started talking about running. Oh, and I bet this has nothing to do with the fact that his poll numbers have plummeted after his racist remarks were proved to be untrue and not based in fact… at all. But I think there is more to this story; I’m Canadian, and if I were an American I would feel absolutely insulted at the fact that Donald Trump took advantage of something so serious (the office of the president) to gain some press. It is also insulting to the intelligence of Americans. Did he actually think he could pull this off? Disgusting.

• Joe says:

Oh puh-lease. Canada had at one point Quebec wanting to cede from the government and be its own country, and you want to say we should be embarrassed over a publicity stunt.

And the office of the president, serious? Have you kept up with the times? The office of the president hasn’t been serious or taken seriously by others outside our country since Regan was president.

• Go Go says:

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

• BRETT says:

Can you read? When did I say that Americans should be embarrassed? If you READ, you’d see that I actually said you should all feel INSULTED that he pulled this stunt. But thanks for the random post about Quebec! I don’t get the comparison. Maybe that’s because it makes no sense? The only American who should be embarrassed here is you… and that’s because you clearly lack intelligence.

5. Kaibosh says:

6. kitty says:

Why is this news? He’s pulled this PR stunt twice before. For some reason this hump is revered as some sort of business savant. Trump is like brazil or GM; he’s too big to fail. I’ll acknowledge he (or someone who works for him) markets the trump name very well.

• Eurydice says:

Well, not quite too big to fail, considering he’s on his 3rd round of bankruptcy. I think at this point he’s considered a business savant only by those who’ve never done business with him.

7. Kris says:

Does he realize that they are clapping and cheering, because he is not running for President and not, because he stays with celebrity apprentice? lol

8. side3 says:

Now if the network would just cancel his show, maybe Trump and the fox that sits on his head would slither back to wherever he came from.

9. Michael says:

Some polling agency conducted a poll asking people to choose between Sarah Palin as prez, The Donald as prez and suicide. Suicide was the most popular choice. I think that he’s making the right decision.

10. allie says:

he is a moron. I was enjoying this season’s celebrity apprentice but after this craziness I stopped watching. don’t really amtter since Gary was thrown off anyway at about the same time :) He did Obama a huge favor with the whole birth certificate stupidity though.

11. Bob says:

As soon as the NBComcast boss said “You’re Fired” if you run, his massive ego shouted out “I’m not running!” before his rational brain had a chance. No way was he going to give up his “baby” and watch someone else sitting in his seat.