NBC to Trump: Run For Prez and You're Fired!

If Donald Trump ends up running for president, NBC will replace him at the helm of The Apprentice.

“If he decides to run for president and is unavailable to do the show, we will bring the show back and there will be somebody else sitting at the head of the boardroom table,” confirmed NBC president Bob Greenblatt in a conference call with reporters following the release of the network’s new fall schedule. “Who that is, we’re not going to really entertain, because I’m still hoping well have Donald back in the seat.

NBC Exec on Chuck‘s Big Finish, SVU Minus Mariska/Chris, and Wonder Woman Troubles

“The show will go on in his absence,” Greenblatt added. “If we had to address the issue of who it would be replacing him, we’d have to be confident we have another galvanizing presence. I’m hopeful we don’t have to go there, but if we do, it’s too strong a franchise to not consider that.”

Fall Preview: TVLine’s Guide to Next Season’s New Shows

The next edition of Celebrity Apprentice is set to premiere midseason, where on Sundays it will lead into the new (and yet to be cast) drama The Firm, based on the John Grisham novel. To view NBC’s complete fall schedule, click here.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Controversy, News, Scoop

1. Rob says:

See now I’m in a pickle. I want him to run for president so he’ll be off the apprentice. But then he’ll be all over the place with the election. Too many decisions.

• Jasin says:

He doesn’t have a chance o winning the GOP nomination so why bother?? Just stick to what he is good at and staying on The Apprentice firing celebs.

2. Dj says:

After watching Shark tank I would want Mark Cuban to take his place.

3. JP says:

Bring Lord Sugar over and make it like the British version and I’m a happy camper.

4. Suncatcher says:

Replace the Donald with his daughter, Ivanka. She’s tough, like her Dad!

5. Kira says:

You know you suck when an entire corporation doesn’t want you to run for President. Eh.

6. vee says:

I’ve already stopped watching because I dislike Donald so much. I was willing to ignore alot from him, but this recent stuff about Obama and all of the Donald’s ridiculous politics have made it too difficult to overlook.

And I’ve been with the show from the beginning. I’ll miss it and Nene, Meat and Marley may yet bring me back to this season,…..but I doubt it.

They need to replace him stat. With someone who isn’t racist or rampantly sexist (or at least keeps those opinions quiet).

7. Ma'at says:

This clown shoe will never run for President. Though every Dem in the Nation wishes he would. What a blithering fool.

8. Buffy Freak says:

Have Sarah Palin replace Trump…then she can get even with all those “Hollywood Elites” she seems to get so ridiculously riled up about…

9. kainmichaels says:

They can replace the Donald with Vince Mcmahon.

10. victory says:

I’d keep your day job, Donald, you haven’t a prayer as President of the United States. It sounds funny just typing “Donald as president”!

11. Bob says:

Well, that clinches it. The Donald doesn’t want anyone but him, and his massive ego, sitting in that chair (Apprentice, not the WH). Expect the announcement in the next month or so.

12. FogFoo says:

lol, too funny dude. Seriously. Trump, Born in America, Hair made in China, Spray on Tan courtesy of Hawaiian Tropic.

13. Rob J. says:

Hey, NBC — Fire him anyway! He’s a freaking racist!

14. maggie says:

Please fire him now. Get that lying blowhard off our televisions. He’s not a billionaire, nor is he a business genius. He’s a spoiled rich guy who inherited everything.

15. alex says:

Replace him with Charlie Sheen.

16. Dollabillz49 says:

Haha yea Charlie Sheen for president!