Exclusive

NBC Exec on Chuck's Big Finish, SVU Minus Mariska/Chris, and Wonder Woman Troubles

NBC’s fall schedule is out, and we’ve got some burning questions. Luckily, new Peacock president Bob Greenblatt took a few minutes (literally) out of his jam-packed day to tackle a few of our biggest ones. Suffice it to say, TVLine was just as interested in what didn’t make the sked as what did.

TVLINE | You famously plucked Wonder Woman from the ashes. What were you hoping for from the pilot that you didn’t get?
I was happy to make the pilot. I don’t know that I’m the best audience for this genre. It was tricky for me to step back and take a look at it and see if this was going to be the right take on this show. With this kind of audience, you have to get these things absolutely right; there’s no room for error. At the end of the day, I didn’t think we had done that.

TVLINE | Everyone and their sister wants to get their hands on the pilot — mostly to see how bad it really is. Are you concerned about it leaking? Would it embarrass you?
No. Not at all. The action is amazing. Adrianne Palicki is beautiful. Elizabeth Hurley is fantastic. It’s like any creative thing — there are going to be people who like it or don’t like it. I have people who don’t like some of our hit shows. I’m not embarrassed about anything. It’s all subjective.

View NBC’s Complete Fall Schedule

TVLINE | With the news that you’re considering bringing in an actress — perhaps Jennifer Love Hewitt — to replace Mariska Hargitay halfway through Law & Order: SVU next season, is this confirmation that you believe there’s life in this show beyond Mariska and Chris Meloni?
I do believe that. Although, to clarify, this isn’t to replace Mariska. The idea is that we want to bring in somebody midway through the season alongside Mariska and Chris. Mariska’s deal is closed for [a 13th] season, so she’s not disappearing. Creatively, I think it will give [Benson] some competition, which I think will be interesting. And then we have to look at what a 14th season might require. Mariska just adopted a child. We don’t know yet if she wants to do the show for a Season 14, and we’re looking at options. Jennifer Love is somebody who we’ve been circling, but I don’t know that that is going to happen at all.

TVLINE | The word “replacement” was used because the new character would be introduced as Meloni’s new partner as Hargitay’s character moved into more of a supervisory role.
That creatively is the thinking. New showrunner Warren Leight is in the process of figuring all of that out. We’re trying to change it up and see if some new configurations could keet the show going for several more years.

Watch Videos from 11 of NBC’s New Shows Here

TVLINE | Meloni’s deal for Season 13 isn’t done yet. Are you concerned?
I think we’re gonna be in pretty great shape with Chris.

TVLINE |  Why did you decide to make Chuck‘s upcoming fifth season its last?
It seemed to be the way to end it appropriately for the fans who love it, and not get into a situation where it might end or might not end and then it ends and we haven’t concluded the storyline. It gives [producers] a chance to plan for it. I think that’s the best way to do it.

NBC Axes Law & Order: LA, The Event and Outsourced

TVLINE | You only ordered 13 episodes of Chuck. Any chance you’ll increase that number?
I don’t think so. Unless suddenly we have 10 million viewers watching it on Friday night, then it would.

TVLINE: The Munsters — does that project still have  a pulse?
That’s something I read a very early draft of in January, and it’s an idea that I quite like. It’s still very much in development.

1. Damon says:

I’m happy that Chuck gets a proper ending!

• Jon88 says:

I’ve lost count, but hasn’t “Chuck” had five or six proper endings already? Here’s hoping it goes out strong — and goes out.

• darclyte says:

I can only hope that enough NBC series fail that they’ll need for Chuck to have 9 more so that they make it to 100 total.

• Gusar says:

100 is not the magic number for syndication anymore. 88 is (four regular seasons worth). And with these 13 eps, Chuck will have 91, so it fits. Yeah, it doesn’t look as cool as 100, but doesn’t matter. It’ll be 91 eps of a great and fun show. Hell, I was prepared for season 4 to be it’s last. So this 5th season is a wonderful gift.

• Damian says:

When the initial Wonder Woman promo shots came out I was more than surprised that they took a character so strongly entrenched in Greek Mythology and made her “LA”…bad move. As a lifelong fan and reader of WW there are those of us that understand that her origin IS her story. It IS the reason why she is a WARRIOR of PEACE. The contradiction of speaking and teaching peace and also valuing all life but then snapping your neck if need be is exactly what a soldier must do and I see that as the conflict of the character. I’ll give that can be a very hard sell but the majority of the public that is not a WW fan can only go based on what they may have grown up with…the Super-Friends and the WW show with the ever perfect Lynda Carter…2 VERY watered down versions of the character but I was in front of the tv whenever she was on. Again, keep in mind…if it weren’t for WW there would never have been a Xena, Buffy, Ripley, or Lara Croft. People have used the words ‘corny’, ‘cheesy’ and I believe it was Megan Fox herself who called Wonder Woman ‘lame’. People forget that Batman (during his 60’s tv show) was so beyond campy (even moreso than the WW 70’s show) but generations since then have been introduced to the brooding Dark Knight. Same can be said of Superman as well. He’s a much more complex character than an alien that simply fights for ‘truth, justice, and the American way’. She simply hasn’t had the mass exposure to let the public know who the character REALLY is. Why is WB making this more difficult than it has to be?? In my opinion the essential WW viewing is the animated Justice League program or the animated WW movie from ’09. The writer’s of those incarnations made her a princess, woman, goddess, warrior, friend, jaded/loving/big sister/every little boy’s crush/and more importantly, the symbol of what she is…a figure that girls aspire to be…a compassionate, take charge woman living in a new world dominated by men. They brought out her peaceful, naive nature as a woman living as a fish out of water in a world she was exiled from to the true warrior she is. Also keep in mind the rich territory of conflict with the Greek Gods and mythological characters that are prominent in her comic series gives her such a ample amount of antagonists. Interesting (and very sad) thing about NBC’s WW is that they have NO IDEA who they are dealing with. WW has a built in audience. She is known the world over. You don’t need to ‘revamp’ a character who’s survived 70 years. 70!!! There’s a reason why we all know who she is. Simple word. Icon. Keeping true to the roots is giving the fans what we want. Clever casting (an UNKNOWN for the role…remember, WW IS the star) and, dare I say, a script that not only keeps the fans happy but allows for the growth of new admirers is what will help this character become an even bigger franchise. As far as her appearance, I truly see a no brainer. She wears armor (described so in the JL show and the comic itself) NOT a costume. The comics have delved into many different variations of her signature look and I can guarantee that the true fans want to see elements of that. Look at how many times Batman’s ‘costume’ has changed. It has become much more formidable over the decades. As for the look of WW I see elements of Troy, Xena, Clash Of The Titans with the ‘old red, white, and blue’ in there and you’ve got it. Why is this so difficult??? I am very anxious to see WW back on the screen, but not unless it’s done correctly. She is considered one of ‘The Big 3′ in the DC Comics Universe and can stand toe to toe with Superman and Batman (both of whom WW has fought and kicked their asses throughout the years). She deserves better treatment WB…pull your head’s out of your butts and look at what Marvel did with their own hero steeped in mythology…there’s a reason why Thor is number 1 at the boxoffice. I feel very confident that both women (for the female empowerment message) and men (let’s face it, a powerful woman kickin’ butt is always hot (and I’m gay :) will respond positively. I’d definitely be interested to see the viewpoints of others out there :)
      Damian

• Brad says:

Damian, it’s as if you took my posts from elsewhere, word for word and used them here. (I KNOW you did not and that these are YOUR words)
        I feel exactly the same as you do on the subject.
        Network executives all too often rely upon too many of the wrong opinions.
        In the genre’s of Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and COMIC BOOK SOURCED material, it is the FANBASE they need to be going to for ‘opinions’.
        ESPECIALLY with characters with ESTABLISHED, WORLDWIDE ‘ICONIC’ status, such as Wonder Woman. How the hell do these ‘executives’ think the characters got to this ‘popular’ to be given this status in the first place?
        Not by the canned dronings of a overpaid ad salesman or the stunted cranial capacity of Mr. and Mrs. Whocares from Backwater, doing the tour on a WB backlot that’s for sure! It’s the FANBASE. If any of the networks ever actually pull their heads out of ‘it’, and want to ‘re-re write’ an ACCEPTABLE, WELL RECEIVED take on Wonder WOman, I lovingly submit my 35 unwaivering years as a devoted, supportive FAN of the character to consult upon. There are MILLIONS of us. That should translate to hundreds of thousands with televisions with basic channel variety. Factor in NEW FANS as a result of great story lines and plots adapted from SOURCE MATERIAL and there you have it. A revenue making, fan pleasing, new viewership garnering, Prime Time TV SUCCESS…!

• Bethany says:

So am I! It was hard to watch this season (and all the others) not knowing if I should get so attached because it could jut be dropped in the fall. It’ll be easier to go into season 5 knowing what to expect and getting to see all of the characters have their stories tied off in ways that the show can plan for properly. It’ll be a great season, and as a bigtime shipper, it’ll be so great to see our favorite couple as newlyweds. :)

2. GimplyGump says:

They are moving Chuck to Friday? Frankly this might be good news. Maybe …. :-/

• Jenny says:

For me, it actually kinda is good news. It will help to fill the giant hole in my heart left from Smallville ending. Now, I will still have something to watch on Fridays!

• Nw says:

omg thats exactly what i was thinking! haha but too bad all my favorite shows are ending within the same year! At least they get a proper sendoff.

• GimplyGump says:

I was thinjing the same thing. I don’t (can’t) go out Fridays unless someone takes me somewhere, which is a bit of work. But I know many see it as a death slot.

• Ben says:

Some might, but it’s hard to see something as a death slot when its already the final season. There is zero chance they will now pull the show before all 13 episodes have aired, unless something went horribly wrong well beyond ‘its on Friday’.

• Liz says:

If it does move to fridays, i hope it stays in the 8:00 time slot. 9pm is really too full as it is.

• kaym says:

same here. as much as i wanted Chuck to go on for a tenth season like smallville. but the viewers on US are dropping. so maybe i just have to be very thankful for a 5th and final season. :(

• Eric says:

What’s the worst that could happen, we already know it’s the final season and the Mr. Greenblatt said that it’s not likely to get any more eps. Ratings aren’t really important anymore.

• John says:

It’s actually a pretty shrewd move when you think about it. Chuck becomes the lead-in to Grimm, NBC’s new genre show, which they’re hoping picks up a few of Chuck’s ranks in that final run. It’s actually a schedule full of clever moves, really. This Greenblatt guy might just know what he’s doing…

• Rowan says:

So what we all need to do now is find 10 people who will let it slip that they are a “Nielsen Family” and get them to watch the last season of CHUCK. 10 Nielsen’s equal 11M viewers.
      Come on troops, let’s get out there!

In all seriousness, I’m glad NBC is respecting the CHUCK fans with this bonus 13 episode season. We should take it as the gift it is.

3. FANSVU says:

Jennifer Lover Hewitt on SVU as a detective?… no, no, no. Don’t get me wrong but she just played a victim..we’re not stupid..she isn’t detective material. Please no. No more eyeing her! :)

• Kayleigh says:

Diane Neal played a rapist and was then brought back as ADA Casey Novak (SVU’s longest-running ADA)… I agree, though. JLH is a terrible idea for a replacement.

• Evan Meadow says:

Not to mention the guy playing the police captain on L&O: CI has been convicted as the murderer at least 5 times on various L&O episodes.

• Mikey says:

But that’s okay! You can do a crime on L&O, be a judge on L&O:CI and then become a DA on L&O:SVU becuz their worlds don’t collide!!
          If you’re going to come back on the same show in a different role, then they should wait a few seasons!!

• Maya says:

Jennifer Love-Hewitt would be one of the worst choices as a female lead in a cop show. She is not cop material, she played an awesome victim, but with her investigating people would never get past the fact that she’s seeing ghosts! I seriously hope we’ll get Mariska back full time by season 14, but I understand her reasons for asking to cut back her workload.

4. Samantha says:

“Unless suddenly we have 10 million viewers watching it on Friday night.” Nice cop out. Nothing gets 10 million viewers on a Friday night.

• Chris says:

I don’t watch the show, but doesn’t Blue Bloods get 10 million viewers? I know I read that elsewhere.

• Bob says:

Yes. Last Friday they had slightly more than 11 million viewers, which was larger than both its competitors (Dateline and 20/20) combined. However, it’s not going to happen for Chuck.

5. Gran says:

NO Jennifer Love Hewitt!!!

6. Sam says:

I love Chuck to death, but I think it’s run its course. Two of the best shows ever created, Friday Night Lights and Battlestar Galactica, will go down in history BECAUSE they ended when they did, on a high note. I’d rather Josh and Chris have 13 episodes to wrap up the show than suddenly having a back nine too.

• GimplyGump says:

I can understand why people feel that they don’t like Chuck as much in S4 as they did in S1. IMHO the characters differ in personality. However for me, this is exactly why I like the show.

The characters have been shown as to how they all seem to have matured. Morgan isn’t the same goof ball he was in S1, Chuck isn’t the frizzy haired, “Why Me?” Nerd Hearer of S1, they’ve matured and become more confidant and more “adult” yet not forgotten, nor abandoned, their Nerd-past. Last time I saw this in a similar, yet not “soap-ish”, genre was with Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I like shows that do this sort of thing but loath soap opera style drama’s. IMHO, Chuck has gone from the Stanford-Expelled geek that was a CIA asset that wanted to be a spy, but ‘sat in the van’ (figuratively speaking), to the Stanford Grad, who is one of the top spies, while still uncomfortable with guns, able to use one if need be.

IMHO, The show is more ♥2♥ than National Lampoon’s: Spy Wannabe Vacation.

• Aiden says:

You just voiced my thoughts. That’s exactly why I enjoy CHUCK so much. It’s unfailingly entertaining, and there’s actual character development. I appreciate when a show can do that because they get me to care about the characters. On top of that, no matter what changes, it’s still fun.

• kaym says:

same here. absotutely..it makes me sad thinking that there’s no more Chuck to watch after the final season. :( :(

• Gimplygump says:

Me too. But on the bright side they do give the writers enough warning to wrap things up and leave no dangling threads, or worse, kill the show in the middle of a cliff-hanger

7. Lima says:

Dear NBC, SVU will NOT have life without MH & CM!!!

• Maya says:

It won’t have to! They’ll both be back, I’m not that worried about Chris, they are just trying to work out the details of his new contract.
      But I agree, it won’t ever be the same if Benson and Stabler are not partners anymore!!!

• HGFM says:

It won’t be the same but it is likely to be better. That partnership should have broken up when Mariska was on maternity leave. It was the perfect time to shake things up and bring in new characters. Doing it now will also work but only if they get a story line to explain the change and they get a good actress as the new detective. Fortunately Hewitt isn’t the only one they are considering.

• Amber says:

Thats so true SVU is nothing without MH and CM. JLH is a bad IDEA!!!!

• Ele Bucha says:

If Mariska and Chris are no longer on SVU, I will stop watching the show! They are the reason I watch SVU and without them on the show it will no longer be seen on our television. They are ARE the show as far as I am concerned and cannot be replaced! Do whatever it takes to make sure their contracts are renewed!

• Kitty Dye says:

I totally agree. I have watched the show for years and never tire of these two. New blood may give some zing, but Jennifer Love Hewitt, while gorgeous, seems out of place in this show. Chris Melon is a great actor (check out reruns of OZ) and so to is Mariska Hargitay. I feel the show is on a downward slide. I guess I’ll have to watch the reruns on cable.

8. Geoff says:

TVLINE | Everyone and their sister wants to get their hands on the [Wonder Woman] pilot — mostly to see how bad it really is. Does this pass as acceptable ‘reporting’? That was amazingly tacky and rude.

• Chris says:

Wow! I thought the exact same thing

• Peter says:

I thought the same thing. What passes as professional reporting seems to have dropped in quality by several degrees over the years.

• Tucker says:

It was an informal interview and this is a style the team is known for. Plus, it was commenting on the general perception of the pilot. It wasn’t rude. It was colloquial.

• Sparks says:

Nope. It was rude, snarky and un-professional. Like hyenas pouncing on fallen prey.

• Geoff says:

Informal or not – the comment was rude – and certainly unprofessional. And if this type of interivew is an example of his style – he won’t be going any futher in his career than a gossip column.

• CMG says:

Uh, Ausiello has been just about everywhere in his career – TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly, and now runs an extremely prominent television reporting website and is a colleague of one of the most influential women in Hollywood (Nikki Finke). I don’t think he needs to worry about his career at all.

Plus, he was calling it the way it is. Frankly, the script for the pilot WAS horrendously atrocious. It was just awful. He’s asking a legitimate question here.

9. TJCrinc says:

Munsters in the modern world? epic.

• John says:

In a concept by Bryan Fuller, no less!

• Me says:

Which means it will be A) incredibly smart, quirky, and full of heart and B) destined to fail because people are idiots that only want to watch reality tv and shows about sex crimes and various other murders

10. Tim says:

I’m just glad they moved Chuck. It being on Friday’s pretty much guarantees it playing out for all 13 episodes no matter the ratings. The fact it’s on before Fringe is also very good.

Chuck & Fringe back to back seems awesome.

• Chris says:

That’s so true. The pressure’s a bit off of CHUCK now because they don’t have to compete with House/DWTS anymore and struggle to attain the network’s desired ratings. It’s just going to air on Fridays (which actually consists of quality TV such as Fringe and Supernatural), capping their awesome run with an guaranteed fun final season. We’ll have closure and not worry so much about the ratings now. Fans can watch without much anxiety, just enjoy the 13-episode ride it’s about to give us.

11. PaulH says:

The fans have as much blood on their hands as NBC does for deep-sixing any chance, maybe for the rest of this decade, to see a Wonder Woman revival. Our conduct has not been anything to write home about in this matter.

• Wiccy says:

I’m sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with the fans voicing there opinions on what was a LESS than mediocre script, costume and, quite frankly general take on the character of Wonder Woman.

The “take what you can get and like it” mentality is why horrible scripted shows like “Two Men” and craptastic “Reality” shows proliferated the airwaves today.

• Geoff says:

WTF? Where is THAT coming from? Fans have a right to voice an opinion (ugly light blue vinyl pants becoming cool dark blue after opinions were voiced). We hardly nixed the show, you putz!

• PaulH says:

The costume was fixed. And I believe the storyline, if it strayed too much into WTF territory, would also be fixed. But from here, it seemed like a case of piling on. Point’s moot now, since we’ll wait a long while before any showrunner goes near a WW revival, snakebit at what reaction they’ll get.

• Sparks says:

Of course you can say what you want, but facts are that mose of that “opinion” was based on rumor and hearsay. No one here read the final script or actually saw the pilot. We simply don’t know. We have thoughts, half-complete information, and worries. We take those and call it an informed opinion. I’m kinda with Paul on this.

12. Wiccy says:

While I do think there is life for SVU without or with changes to Benson and Stabler that life SHOULD NOT INCLUDE Jennifer Love Hewitt. SVU is one of my favorite shows, but I for one would stop watching completely, just on principal, if JLH was made a regular/semi regular cast member. Even if Mariska and Chris are still around. THAT is how much a LOATH that idea and that actress.

• Sam says:

I completely agree 100% with Wiccy. If she’s on, I’m turning off SVU for good.

• Rowan says:

I second that emotion.

JLH is just an awful actress and no way can she hold her own with the writing and other cast members of SVU as a regular. I’ll tune out if she’s brought in.

13. Evan Meadow says:

There’s no way WB will not let that WW pilot out because they know there will be money to made off of it.

I’m expecting it at some point to be an extra on an upcoming DC Animated Blu Ray like they did with the Aquaman/Mercy Reef pilot.

• Tucker says:

Of course, Mercy Reef was offered as a limited-time free download on iTunes well before it ever made it onto a DVD/BD. I could see them doing the same thing with Wonder Woman.

14. nitemar says:

First, thank you NBC for Harry’s Law getting a 2nd chance and thanks again for moving it to Wednesdays! It was hard competition for me with another great show on Mondays, Castle! happy!! :)

• tahina says:

IKR! Love both shows, I had to watch HL next day though. Glad about Marishka and Meloni, not so with the new girl//not fond of this actress.. :(

15. Dave says:

If Mariska does end up leaving SVU after season 13 and the show is going to continue, NBC would do well to circle Katee Sackhoff instead of J.Lo.Hewitt.

16. Sierra says:

Am I the only one who wants Chuck to get a back nine? I mean, it might not be the best move as far as ratings go, but it’s not like those really matter now. As of right now, with 13 episodes next season, Chuck would end with 91 episodes. It would be an amazing gift to all fans if Chuck did get a back nine. It would then end with a nice 100 episodes, and be eligiable for syndication. Like I said, it may not be the best move, but I just really think that would be a nice way to end the show with a bang… Or maybe it’s just me…

• Johnification says:

Nowadays just about anything can get syndicated…FNL is on ABC Family, for example. I think it’s a less big deal than it used to be.

The reason I actually don’t want a back nine is that I don’t want them to have to pull the same “half ending” crap they’ve had to pull every six months since season 3…let them build to a total, FINAL ending, no loose “just in case” threads, throw everything they have left at the show, and give us a creatively satisfying conclusion.

• Greenlee says:

There’s not any “requirement” really now for syndication. It’s also a matter of who owns the syndication rights. Some shows are already in syndication after their first season (NCIS: LA, Modern Family)

• Sierra says:

I guess, and I see why, in this case, quality over quantity is best. I think my OCD is just kicking in, having to have an even 100 episodes and all haha. I just think that after all this time, after everything the show has been through, it should have syndication (no matter what the requirements are), so maybe then people who never watched the show can see how good it was and why it should have stayed on air :P

• XK says:

In the past few years, the magic # for syndication has moved from 100 to 88, (although shows have been syndicated with less), so Chuck should be in good shape in that respect, even with 13.

17. Veronica Novak says:

I would rather they ended Law & Order: Svu with both leads, then with a new detective like JLH.

18. Greenlee says:

There are two detectives already on SVU that are totally under-utilized – Finn and Munch. The show won’t tank if Chris and Marish aren’t around. The mothership did just fine alternating detectives, and after s1 of SVU, with the exception of guest spots, we’ve had the same TWO pairs of detectives the whole run. I’m not worried if JLH does come on – she’s more than capable – and L&O is KNOWN for recycling actors. Not to mention the reporting on that article was shoddy and sounded like nothing more than pure fan conjecture, though the NBCP’s comments give it some credit, I’m not putting much stock in that. If she signs on, good. I’ll be happy

19. NishaBee says:

NBC really should just cancel SVU, if Benson and Stabler aren’t going to be the front runners. But if they really are going to try and half ass it at least do the shippers a favor and let Liv leaving have something to do with her and Elliot becoming an item so they can’t be partners anymore.

• HGFM says:

Absolutely NO to trying to get Elliot and Olivia together as a couple. The man is not and never has been interested in her as anything other than his partner. Elliot is in love with his wife which has made clear throughout the series.
      Don’t cheapen the show that way.

• lilyrose says:

YES, Agree! That’s the only way I could bear it! This show is nothing without BOTH Chris and Mariska. The only way I can handle splitting them is if it will lead to finally having them together as an item! Pleaaaaaase!

20. tinainthebg says:

The show would totally be lost to me if MH & CM were not on it. If JLH comes back on as anything as a victim, I’m out. Her acting…sucks. If they were going to bring on another ‘former victim’ to serve as a detective it should be Tracy Pollan. She was awesome on this show. I’m keeping my fingers cross that they both stay put, and that they start using Finn & Munch more.

21. Ceecile says:

Bob Greenblatt is scaring me. My favourite show on NBC is Community and it doesn’t have the best ratings. Granted it’s probably not as expensive as Chuck but stil..

22. Tamara says:

Why are there 2 hours of the Sing Off when you could have put in Help Wanted. Pissed off ex watcher of NBC

23. imaginearchuleta says:

I am excited about NBC Fall season. It’s been rare that some of their pilots have made it to some of the publicatons “must see fall pilots” list. It’s been a while, a long while!

I do agree that the move for “Chuck” to Fridays is a smart move. It’s been killed by the overrated scrapping the barrel DWTS. And in it’s 5th and final season, may be this time we don’t have to read that there are multiple endings of whether there will be another season, the writers and producers can finally plan out a proper send off that this MOST underappreciated show deserves.

Bob Greenlatt turned around Showtime into a cable network with mostly great series like “Weeds” , “Nurse Jackie”, “Dexter”, “United States of Tara” etc, so I expect him to give us the same quality series on NBC..NBC can only go up from here…

But I am disappointed with the cancellation of “Outsourced” though. It has turn around of late and was beginning to hit it’s stride..I’d kept it for mid-season…

I think “Parenthood’ will still be strong against “The Good Wife” as it has showed this past season. The numbers doesn’t have the “The Good Wife” ratings but it’s either held steady or ticked upward depending on the week…

“Harry’s Law” I think will give Wednesday a much needed jolt as I may be the only one that thinks “Modern Family” wasn’t as funny as the 1st season. Written well as always but I haven’t found myself LOL at anything they have aired thus far..so “Harry’s Law” will be viewed while we DV-R “Modern Family”…

The comedies do look promising in particular “Up All Night”…also looking fwd to “Free Agents” too. “Bent” looks promising..the Chelsea Handler clip had me laughing too..so looking forward to that…

On the drama side, I am so looking fwd to “Grimm” and “Prime Suspect” which I had high hopes from what the trailer showed, it’s met that….I never got into “Mad Men” but I may check out “Playboy Club” though. “Awake” cannot wait till Jan. 2012 to roll around with Cherry Jones and BD Wong yes!! Also “Smash” with Debra Messing and Katherine McPhee along with Oscar winner Angelica Houston…I had goosebumps (I am a “GLEEK” afterall)..

So I am happy with what NBC has on their plate for Fall! I am curious though about “The Sing Off” since Nicole is on “The X-Factor” does any one know if she’s doing both or has there been a replacement named”

24. Ella says:

Um, regardless of what he believes, there is NO show without Chris and Mariska. Don’t get me wrong, the writing is great, the supporting cast is great, even the guest stars are great – but they make the show. Minus them, I give it another seasons, tops.

25. Amber says:

SVU is completely done without MH and CM. JLH isn’t going to do a good thing. She was a rape victim and now a detective. JLH is a BAD IDEA!!!

26. Mdz says:

I’m so thankful and happy Chuck is getting a 5 season. But please NBC make it a complete 22 episode season so the stories have a chance to develope and close in a better way and so we have a chance at syndication!!!

27. v roux says:

Jennifer love hewitt? Id rather throw myself down a flight of stairs than watch her on svu. God, nononono please no.

28. Sparks says:

Did you read the script? Or are just going off all the hearsay and rumors about it.

The question is legit. The way he asked it was snarky and unprofessional.

29. DJ Rogue says:

So…if Benson’s going to be moving into a “supervisory role”, I guess that means Cragen is the one that dies in this week’s ep? Mind you, this is just a guess…

30. Bryan Beavers says:

Use your spell check Michael!! ;)

31. Brad says:

If you need to re-tool it or re-cast it (except for Adrianne) that’s fine, but to not continue a show that has gotten this much press and has this much of an interest in is insanity. In its not being picked up Wonder Woman is getting more press coverage than any of the shows NBC did pick up. People want this character in a tv show. Please don’t let this opportunity pass.

32. bobmoore says:

Peacock president Bob Greenblatt actually said, he doesn’t know how to step back to view a program… “It was tricky for me to step back and take a look at it and see if this was going to be the right take ” REALLY, REALLY … then that is the answer to what is wrong with NBC, if you can’t do that, get out of the business… or go do accounting or something. …with massive apologies to Seth and Amy… or now, just Seth.

33. jay says:

This really gets me….moving CHUCK to Fridays is already setting it up for failure. Even he knows it. For what…another American Idol wannabe. I’m sick and tired of these singing and dancing shows monopolizing all this prime time TV space.

And correct me if I am wrong….but didn’t Jennifer Love Hewitt already play a victim on SVU??? How is it that she is now a cop??

34. Mandy says:

Jennifer Love Hewitt? Really? First of all, she has already played a victim on the show. Secondly, she is not that good.
    I think there is potential for the show to carry on after the stars are ready to be done, but they need talent. I suggest bringing in a no name talent. Someone who reminds us of Jennifer Garner on Alias or Anna Torv on Fringe. Heck, let JJ Abrams cast the role!

35. Hilton says:

It’s NBC’s loss they didn’t pick up WONDER WOMAN. To me that would have been the save of their lame 2011-2012. I really have no desire to aee another AMERICAN IDOL lame ass ripoff THE SING OFF or PLAYBOY CLUB.. Who cares about the lives of Playboy bunnies…. But everyone is griping and moaning about Womder Woman so… they get what they got.

36. ryaneco says:

That’s some nice honesty there from the Peacock boss. He clearly knows Chuck’s ratings are dire but it is nice of him to acknowledge the fan base and give it a proper ending.

37. M Kitchen says:

Funny to read this:

“TVLINE | Meloni’s deal for Season 13 isn’t done yet. Are you concerned?
    I think we’re gonna be in pretty great shape with Chris.”

After already having read this:

38. M Kitchen says:

Funny to read this:

“TVLINE | Meloni’s deal for Season 13 isn’t done yet. Are you concerned?
    I think we’re gonna be in pretty great shape with Chris.”

After already having read this:

39. michele bernashe says:

I think mariska and chris are the backbone of svu I hope there not leaving svu is my favorite show love it and watch it. All the time

40. john says:

i think Chuck may end up with more episodes in this slot, its like others said there are less contenders on this day and it is a great show. i bet more people see it and end up buying earlier season dvds and keep whatching and we get a full season. just wait its gonna happen. hell it worked for fringe

41. mfp services says:

Ou peut-on trouver la source exacte de cet article svp ?

42. This is a topic which is close to my heart… Many thanks!

Exactly where are your contact details though?

43. Hello there, You’ve done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I am confident they will be benefited from this site.

44. There is certainly a lot to know about this topic.
    I really like all the points you’ve made.

45. Hi to all, it’s actually a good for me to visit this web site, it consists of priceless Information.

46. A perfect counter for aggressive play styles; are you ready tto league of legends riots points gewnerator watch some wonderfuul teamfigts to
    witness the power of Multi-Target Morpheus Lucian?

47. Hello, I read your new stuff on a regular basis.
    Your writing style is awesome, keep up the
    good work!

48. I will right away clutch your rss feed as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or
    newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly
    allow me recognize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.