Comic-Con

NBC's Fall Schedule Revealed: Chuck's on the Move, 30 Rock Takes Pregnant Pause

NBC is the first broadcast network to unveil its official game plan for the 2011-12 TV season, and the biggest news regarding returning shows is that Chuck‘s fifth and final season will unspool on Fridays at 8/7c, while 30 Rock — starring and exec-produced by the pregnant Tina Fey — will air its next cycle uninterrupted, though not until midseason. Also of note: Parks and Rec is returning to its 8:30 berth, while Parenthood is staying put on Tuesdays at 10 — where last season it faced considerable competition.

NBC Exec on Chuck‘s Big Finish, SVU Minus Mariska/Chris, and Wonder Woman Troubles

Among the new fare, NBC’s Maria Bello-fronted port of the UK’s Prime Suspect has landed on Thursdays at 10; Up All Night (starring Christina Applegate, Maya Rudolph and Will Arnett) and Free Agents (Hank Azaria, Kathryn Hahn and Anthony Head) will form a new Wednesdays-at-8 comedy block; and the fantastical Grimm is leading out of Chuck on Fridays, effectively forming a night of genre TV.

Watch Videos from 11 of NBC’s New Shows Here

On tap for midseason, in addition to 30 Rock: new cycles of Celebrity Apprentice and The Voice; the new comedies Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea, Bent and Best Friends Forever; and the new dramas Awake, Smash (which will air Mondays at 10, after The Voice), and The Firm (based on the John Grisham novel, yet to be cast).

Fall Preview: TVLine’s Guide to Next Season’s New Shows

All told, the NBC schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details:

MONDAY

10 pm Dateline NBC

SATURDAY
Repeats “Encore programming”

SUNDAY
7 pm Football Night in America
8:15 pm NBC Sunday Night Football

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: The Cape, Chase, The Event, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Outsourced and Perfect Couples

Tags: , ,

Comments (157)

• Come on NBC. Chuck to Fridays??

Comment by ML – May 15, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its Chuck last season and the ratings are horrible..get over it we are lucky it even on the schedule at all

if it was over a 2.0 i could see people having a problem but moving it to friday is NBC best move

Comment by ggny – May 15, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WOW, the only thing on that schedule I will watch is Chuck on Friday.

Good Job NBC!

Comment by WHATY – May 15, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL, what a laughable schedule. NBC is truly a trainwreck. They wont be seeing me except for Chuck.

Comment by JimC – May 16, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The ratings aren’t horrible. Relative to NBC -which is all that matters- the ratings are mediocre.

Now on Fridays, the ratings WILL be horrible but the show is ending and I’m glad they’re letting it go out like this.

Comment by Mikos – May 15, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s just another sign people need to stop watching live TV. I stopped a couple years ago, and it’s greatly improved my TV enjoyment. I couldn’t care less if Chuck is on Friday or not – but I’m glad NBC made the perfect decision to a fifth, abbreviated season to give us a great finale.

Comment by tarc – May 15, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Emphatically AGREED. I have been saying for years that they needed to move it to a not-House slot – sorry it’s taken this long, but I’m looking forward to being able to watch it live.

Comment by heather_kaye – May 16, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PERFECT IYAM. I missed all last season going up against HIMYYM and House now that I only have one DVR. Don’t have anything recorded for Fridays…..PERFECT.

Comment by dave – May 15, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You don’t have onDemand? That’s where I watched most of Chuck

Comment by jazzyt2u – May 15, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not in HD. I watched it a little on HULU, but too much TV for me. Was a distant 3rd to the other two…………….

Comment by dave – May 15, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you seriously complaining?? Seriously??

We shouldn’t have a Season 5, but we do and it’s in a better timeslot than it’s be the last 4 years.

Comment by Conor – May 15, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m actually Okay with Chucks move to fridays. It’s the final season and now I have a replacement show to watch now that Smallville has ended. I’m happy with this :)

Comment by Jacob – May 15, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ll watch Chuck on Fridays – especially since now sci-fi has pretty much stopped sci-fi Fridays and Smallville is gone.

Comment by Snsetblaze – May 15, 2011 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the last season- they aren’t going to get new fans, and the chucksters will all follow it to Friday. It makes sense to free up Monday night for new shows.

Comment by Duh – May 16, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t get why it’s getting ax’ed next season at all. Once Chuck ends I will no longer touch NC. Every. single. other show on that channel sucks.

Comment by Becky – May 16, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no! not the EVENT. really like it.

Comment by will – September 10, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BOO WHOO!!

Comment by Lola Gomez – October 19, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please. When will NBC finally pull the plug on the decidedly unfunny show “Whitney”? Is this another “Outsourced”? Jeez, kill it and kill it now.

Comment by MariGold – October 20, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uninterrupted and consecutive 30 Rock. I swear to Kabbalahmonster that I’m in heaven.

Comment by Randy Christian Lee – May 15, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does that mean 30 Rock will get the full 22-episode treatment? IT BETTER. ESPECIALLY IF THIS IS ALEC’S LAST SEASON.

Comment by Sam – May 15, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where will 30 Rock fit in when it comes back? Still on Thursday? In the “Whitney” slot?

Comment by LOL – May 15, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to imagine they will give it Thursday at 9:30 unless Whitney is a huge hit. Can’t say I see that happening, but I’m not a fan of hers.

Comment by Josh – May 15, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I’m glad for the uneinterrupted season for 30 Rock (I wish more networks would do this. I am ok with the week or 2 at Christmas being reruns though), it just seems strange that it won’t start inte fall right after The Office. Not sure I’m going to watch Whitney but I am looking forward to Prime Suspect. I will miss Outsourced though – the show grew on me.

Comment by Snsetblaze – May 15, 2011 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Parks! WHY IS CHUCK GETTING THE DEATH SLOT?

Comment by alisa – May 15, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because its Chuck last season

Comment by ggny – May 15, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does it matter? It will be in its fifth and final season so it is not like it is fighting to remain on for a next season after that.

Comment by Lucia – May 15, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Friday’s never a good time slot, but I’m so glad it’s not stuck on Monday anymore.

Comment by Amanda – May 15, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t be so short sighted.It DOES matter if Chuck is on the same time as FRINGE or SuperNatural.It will take away viewers from those shows…

Comment by NickC – May 15, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If they don’t change Fringe’s timeslot then people will just go from Chuck to Fringe. But don’t forget, Fringe won’t be on right away probably due to the baseball playoffs/World Series.

Chuck will have a few weeks of no competition while it finishes its run.

Comment by Evan Meadow – May 15, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If Fringe and Supernatural stay at their current time slots, Chuck won’t conflict. Now that Smallville is done there isn’t much Chuck will be competing against. As a Fringe fan, I’m glad- I have something to watch before Fringe that isn’t Kitchen Nightmares.

Comment by alice – May 16, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not a death slot if we all stick together and enjoy watching it…

Comment by shalaran – May 16, 2011 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible.

Comment by Esaul – May 15, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :( Outsourced…I actually enjoyed it. And why’d they bother renewing Chuck if they were gonna stick it on Friday night??? We’d better get all 13 episodes!

Comment by Lana – May 15, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chuck’s lucky to be renewed at all…

Comment by Esaul – May 15, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK fans should be happy it even got renewed, Friday was the only way it was making it to next season

Comment by J – May 15, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is Chuck getting an awful timeslot? I know they’ve stated it’s not getting a renewal but that doesn’t mean it should get that slot.

Comment by Rach – May 15, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not just a bad slot, it’s up against the other perennial bubble show in Fox’s Fringe.

Chuck and Fringe have a highly correlated fanbase. Everybody I know watches both of those shows.

Comment by Dave – May 15, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fringe is at 9 pm, they won’t be facing each other. Chuck is at 8.

Comment by Gepeto – May 15, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, the dumb move is putting “Grimm” opposite “Fringe” (and maybe “Supernatural” too, not sure?). That’s like asking the show to die, putting it on Fridays directly across from established shows that appeal to the same demographic.

Comment by Amy – May 15, 2011 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree. I was looking forward to checking out Grimm and they go and put it up against my beloved Fringe. Well, for me, it doesn’t really matter since I DVR everything and hardly ever watch shows when they’re actually broadcast.

Comment by Lissy – May 16, 2011 09:48 AM PDT
    • Chuck is getting an awful timeslot because Chuck’s viewing numbers have been awful. It’s been four years and the ratings have not gone up at all. It’s a pretty sure bet that after all that time they will never go up. So why waste a perfectly good Mon-Thursday spot on a show that they know for certain will get them lousy numbers.

NBC is not trying to grow the show. They are, by all acounts, granting a miracle and giving the show a chance for a proper ending. Be happy and stop complaining.

Comment by Jax – May 15, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not a miracle dude, and the numbers are just on the cusp of renewal/cancellation. But yes, I am happy and they easily could have cancelled the show.

Comment by postsalot – May 15, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh NBC, why must you suck so badly? I appreciate the renewal of Chuck, but really? Fridays at 8? And only 13 episodes? I guess we shouldn’t complain, at least it’s coming back…

Comment by Samantha – May 15, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No you really shouldn’t. Chuck, in all fairness deserved cancellation quite a few times. At least Chuck is given yet another chance, whereas a show like Los Angeles was cancelled, only because NBC moved it to Monday, which killed it (due to The Event, and coincidentally Chuck). I’m done with NBC. There’s no hope for a network that will forevermore finish last.

Comment by Esaul – May 15, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, way to insult the network that just gave you a great gift. Stay classy!

Comment by David – May 15, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What could it possibly matter what night it’s on? The ratings don’t matter because there will not be another renewal. If you can’t watch on Fridays gues what, we live in an age where ratings suck because you can watch everything online, or you can record it and watch it later.

Seriously, Friday is meaningless here. Horrible ratings, great ratings the show is 13 and out. Thanks NBC, and I mean that.

Comment by Mikos – May 15, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And yet you are complaining. The show has been given 13 episodes to have a proper ending. Then it is over. The ratings no longer matter and real fans will find a way to watch it, even if it airs Fridays at 8.

Comment by Carm – May 16, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friday is a death slot :( Love Chuck but they’d never have made it another season on a Friday

Comment by Cindy – May 15, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the final season anyway.

Comment by M – May 15, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck on Fridays makes sense. It’s got a small, devoted fanbase. The diehards that want to watch it will follow it. It’ll probably do almost as well on Fridays as it did on Mondays (and still do well when DVR is taken into account).

Comment by Ryan – May 15, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I’m not upset at all. I’ll watch Chuck wherever it goes. And it now gives me something to watch on Friday since Smallville is over. It’ll help ease the pain. We are definitely lucky that Chuck was renewed at all. Let’s not complain!

Comment by Jenny – May 15, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. The fact that Chuck is even on the schedule is a pure gift. Monday or Friday the fans will follow it, and well if your not happy with Friday, then DVR it.

Comment by Christina – May 15, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They cancelled Outsourced? No more Charlie and Gupta? BRING-IT-BACK!!!

Comment by Reilly – May 15, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow Harry’s Law is going from being killed by H5-0 and Castle to being killed by Criminal Minds.

Wow NBC must hate the show

Comment by jennifer – May 15, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems like evrything good will be coming midseason. Yay Parks and Rec returning in the fall and not midseason!

Comment by Steven – May 15, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Chuck to death and I’m glad it’s getting a final 13-episode season and all, but it’s just about the worst lead-in ever. They’re setting Grimm up for failure.

Comment by Clay – May 15, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like NBC’s renewal of Chuck was half-hearted at best. 1st, they gave it only 13 episodes, now if to insure it’s demise they move it to Fridays at 8:00. Last place again NBC, must stand for “No Body Cares” network.

Comment by Kennkmay50 – May 15, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? That’s the attitude you’re going to take? The ratings for Chuck have been terrible. The show has been on the chopping block for the past 4 years and the only reason it has ever made it to another season is because NBC was in such horrible shape it had nothing else to put on in it’s place. NBC *does* care because they granted 13 episodes to a show that has been dying a slow horrible death for the past 4 seasons and done nothing to help them bring in ratings or promote other shows in the line-up. It really and truly is a miracle that the show got any more episodes at all.

Comment by abby – May 15, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? That’s the attitude that you’re going to take? Chuck’s ratings have been marginal, with a devoted fanbase and a avid corporate sponsor that ensured it’s survival (something so many other shows thses days DO NOT have). NBC had LOTS of other options and CHOSE to reward Chuck’s fans for their loyalty with a proper sendoff. And it doesn’t hurt that they can leverage Chuck’s fanbase for a few weeks to promote Grimm as part of a fantasy/action block. Very classy NBC! Continue to support the viewers and the viewers will support you.

Comment by Tarc – May 15, 2011 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering that most TV series ion most other nations are either 6 or 13 episodes – which works marvelously BTW – a 13 episode arc to wrap Chuck up was a GREAT move on the part of NBC, and one that Chuck’s very devoted fans (that saw NBC through very tough times) appreciate.

Comment by Tarc – May 15, 2011 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 30 Rock not coming back until mid season? What a mess.

Comment by Justin – May 15, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • are you retarded? Tina Fey is pregnant and that is why it isnt coming back till midseason

Comment by ggny – May 15, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So “Up All Night” – the new Will Arnett/Christina Applegate comedy and the US remake of the UK’s “Free Agents” are now rivals with the ABC Wednesday comedy block and most likely going directly up against The Middle at 8pm and Happy Endings at 8.30pm. That could be a very interesting competition come the Fall.

Also, if Chuck is now on Fridays for at least 13 episodes, the odds of it getting a back 9 must be good, making 22 for the season and the magical 100 with the series finale should that happen.

Comment by Dave – May 15, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually glad that “Chuck” is going to Fridays; now I can actually watch it when it airs. Before, with it on Mondays, I had to choose between “Chuck” and “House”. lol Now, with its new timeslot, I won’t have that problem. :-)

Comment by Sean – May 15, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is absolutley nothing new on this schedule that i want to watch, but good luck to NBC anyways

Comment by hello – May 15, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On one hand, I’m glad that Parenthood isn’t moving which would mean losing viewers while they try to find it, but on the other hand, I’m disappointed that they will still be going up against The Good Wife and everything else.

Comment by bamalam – May 15, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is with people complaining about Chuck’s time slot? Did you not expect this? It was the only logical thing for NBC to do. They needed one more hour of filler, and Chuck has the chance to provide at least serviceable ratings for Fridays if all the hardcore fans follow it there.

And the Chuck writers get the chance to build to a definitive series finale that they absolutely know will be the last episode. It’s a win-win all the way around. Most shows never have the chance that Chuck is getting. The writers are able to end it on their own terms. That’s incredible considering how dismal the ratings have been in the second half of Season 4.

And why do you care what time slot it’s in? You’ll still get a final season that you can watch, and it was never going to get another season so its ratings make no difference. I don’t understand the complaints at all, except for them just being for the sake of complaining.

Comment by CJ – May 15, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i have to agree with you…though to be honest, i don’t ever care what show is in what time slot because i so rarely watch anything live. i love Chuck, but it will be easier for me if it’s on Friday and not causing a DVR issue as it currently is with Gossip Girl, 90210, and HIMYM already in my Monday lineup. i have nothing on Fridays yet.

also, i wasn’t planning to add any new shows to my roster, but i’m going to give this wednesday night comedy block a chance…because there is currently NOTHING of worth on wednesday nights unless you are watching Idol or some other reality-based competition show in my opinion.

Comment by JD – May 16, 2011 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nothing on Wednesday night? How curious, I’ve found that Tuesday is the TV “desert” with nothing to watch, and Wednesday, with Modern Family, Happy Endings, Cougar Town, and The Middle, to be a much more enjoyable evening.

Comment by Hmm – May 16, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad move on NBC’s part to return “Parks and Recreation” to its 830 p.m. timeslot when it clearly does better post-”The Office.” No need to fix things if they ain’t broke on this one-hour block of comedy programming!

Comment by AndyLuvr – May 15, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Parks and Rec isn’t a new show anymore, it has to stand on its own. That’s what networks do. They put a young show after a veteran so they can get some benefits from their lead-in, then after a few years they expect it to hold its own. NBC is now using The Office to try launching two new shows. This is network programming 101.

Comment by CJ – May 15, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn it! Grimm will go against Supernatural and Fringe? Seriously? The only show on NBC I wanted to see succeed…

Comment by timotey – May 15, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ditto! we’ll have to fight for it.

Comment by mawhi – May 15, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which is why I won’t be watching it live, unless SPN moves to 8pm like the rumors say they are…

Comment by Enough – May 15, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Unfortunately for Grimm, for me, Supernatural will always come first.

Comment by timotey – May 15, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is kind of crazy that NBC put that show against “Fringe” and especially “Supernatural”. It looks like NBC wants it to fail. Unless “Supernatural” is really moving to an hour earlier.

Comment by Mindy – May 15, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously! It was the one show I wanted to watch, but this doesn’t seem like smart programming. You have Fringe fans- who know their show needs all the live viewers it can get, and Supernatural fans who never watch anything else (not that it’s a bad thing, that’s just what they say in the comments pages, it’s the only good thing on TV apparently). And yet those are the types of viewers who would be most into Grimm’s premise. Bad move.

Comment by ollie – May 16, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You “Chuck” fans are not able to read. You are getting 13 more episodes, period. The 13th episode is the series finale. There is no Back 9. This is the FINAL THIRTEEN. The time slot pretty much does not matter because this is the end of the series, and the writers are planning accordingly.

Comment by Rob R – May 15, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well you never know, they could somehow get a back 9 if ratings were that good on a Fri (which I doubt) but still.

We know its the final season, I don’t see us getting more of that, but they always could extend the 13.

Comment by Evan Meadow – May 15, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chuck WILL not be getting more than thirteen episodes. This is it. There is no negotiating. The only way Chuck will get more episodes if they draw in 10 million numbers, which is what’s been said.

Comment by Esaul – May 15, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL if the producers say “We need 14 episodes to tell the right story” and NBC adds on one more you have to eat your hat.

Comment by Evan Meadow – May 15, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • But that’s not happening. The dude in charge said so.

Comment by Esaul – May 15, 2011 01:44 PM PDT
      • Nope: http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/nbc-fall-schedule-chuck-wonder-woman-svu/

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 15, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So incredibly happy parks and rec will be back in the fall and not midseason

Comment by Jamie – May 15, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Sing off is usually only aired for a week or two with episodes stripped across a whole week. Is the format totally changing for Fall 11?

Comment by Pete – May 15, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they are making it a weekly series, which means they might be tweaking the format a bit.

I liked this, now it’s gonna be on opposite DWTS.

Comment by Jennifer – May 15, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is ‘Smash’ midseason?!

Comment by Joshua – May 15, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because they want to launch it with The Voice

Comment by ggny – May 15, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The pairing of The Voice and Smash makes perfect sense

Comment by Christina – May 15, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nbc can suck my **** for passing on 17th precinct

Comment by luke – May 15, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While Fridays aren’t a good night, I think Chuck fans should be very happy that they are getting 13 more episodes and that by announcing that this season is the last, it will come to a proper ending. To my knowledge Chuck has been on “the bubble” for awhile and I think it’s great for the fans to have the 13 episodes. Similar to this as a Fringe fan, I am happy that Fox renewed that show even if it is a Friday night. Another Friday night show that I loved wasn’t given that benefit by CBS a few years ago.

I hope “The Event” is given some reasonable ending. I have been watching from the beginning and knew that a problem with these type shows are sometimes they end without any conclusion which punishes those fans who have stuck with it from the beginning. A lot of people won’t even start shows like this until they are renewed for a second season and then they catch up on the first season on DVD.

Finally it seems NBC has a lot of two hour blocks devoted to reality shows. While I realize they are cheaper to produce, I hope that the viewing public starts to grow up a little bit so that more time is devoted to scripted shows. I remember NBC being in the number 1 seat for awhile. A far cry from that.

Comment by FayeD – May 15, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community! Why is no one excited?! Watch the damn show!

Comment by Bobert – May 15, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you 100%!

Comment by Ashley – May 15, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great show… looks like it is going to continue to get crushed by AI and TBBT in that time-slot though :(

Comment by XK – May 15, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the show, I tell everyone to watch it. It could see a slow climb in viewers, like BBT did during it’s earlier seasons, but then, BBT grew on a much less competitive night before they moved to Thursdays.

Comment by Pop Pop – May 16, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually assumed they were going to do this after NBC announced a fifth and final season is still happening. For me, it’s good news. On Mondays, they face tough competition with House and (often) Dancing With The Stars. I’d much rather enjoy its final season in an appropriate time slot without worrying the next day that it’s going to get suddenly cancelled because it didn’t hit the expected ratings for a Monday night show.
    I’ve always associated Mondays as Chuck days, but this move makes sense. And I gladly accept it because it means a closing season for Team Bartowski.

Comment by Aiden – May 15, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck fans should be happy that chuck is still on the air, beggars can’t be choosers…no more whining about chuck

Comment by Bmo – May 15, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is why you will not see me whine about “Fringe” being on Fridays ever again. I am just so thankful FOX is giving it one more season.

Comment by Mindy – May 15, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see you, NBC. I see you using Fox’s Glee strategy by running Smash after The Voice. Mhm.

Comment by mawhi – May 15, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a longggg time without 30 Rock in my life. Sad.
    Also–Chuck fans need to calm down about the Friday slot. Uh, at least your show got picked up for another season……

Comment by Kristen – May 15, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, well. Looks like another year that I won’t be watching anything on NBC. Of course that’s just my personal opinion.

I used to love the channel, and it used to have such good shows. I don’t know who’s doing the programming, but it’s pretty sad when I’d rather watch E! or The Food Network over anything NBC has to offer.

Comment by shanna – May 15, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck is BEFORE Fringe and Supernatural (I think). The timeslot is perfect for Chuck honestly. It’s not getting a back order or another season so obviously it was being moved to Friday’s. It’s on before it’s main competition for the night begins as well.

The ratings will be poor but let’s be honest. They don’t matter.

Comment by Tim – May 15, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck gone mid-season. Benson & Stabler breaking up mid-season (and JLH? Really?). Looks like I’ll be done watching NBC… mid-season. Oh – that’s a lie. I am enjoying the Voice. See if you can find a way to screw it up guys.

Comment by Stefany – May 15, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, the Nothing But Crap network continues to live up to low expectations. Not a single program I want to see.

Comment by PJL – May 15, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my god, I totally agree! NBC used to be my favorite network, and now, or in the past several years, practically everything they have on really is crap. I’m actually 3 shows away from not watching any television at all.

Comment by ecm – May 20, 2011 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I get my two favorite shows back to back again, Community and Parks & Rec.

Comment by cl – May 15, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad “Community” hasn’t moved, although I would have preferred “Up All Night” on Thursdays instead of Wednesdays just so I could get my Joel McHale and Will Arnett doses all on one night :) I hope the placement of “Grimm” on Fridays is a testament to how NBC expects it to be a cult show with a small but loyal fanbase rather than an indication of how bad it is or their lack of commitment to it.

Comment by Ashley – May 15, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The problem with this is that Grimm is against “Fringe” and “Supernatural”. Two shows which probably overlap in the fanbase Grimm would have. Unless the rumors are true about “Supernatural” being moved.

Comment by Mindy – May 15, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is actually a pretty shrewdly put together schedule here…Parenthood was growing where it was, Monday was a mess so they decided to take their winter hit and try a new approach at 10pm, Greenblatt’s taking on of the earlier ABC comedies on Wednesdays is a good move, and Harry and SVU seem compatible. Thursday is Thursday, and they’re trying to get the Thursday at 10pm “buzzy drama” thing back.

As for Friday? Chuck’s ending anyway, so they might as well try to get some of its genre fans to spill over onto their new genre show.

Comment by John – May 15, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm v. Supernatural v. Fringe on Fridays at 9pm.
    I guess NBC wants to kill Grimm.

Comment by Melissa – May 15, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I’m pretty sure that it was either get Grimm killed in that slot or get Wonder Woman killed in that slot. Grimm must be cheaper than Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman must have been pretty freaking awful.

Comment by Rob J. – May 15, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh no way WW would have been on Fridays. If it was good enough to get picked up they would have been fools not to start it on a big viewership night, at least for the first two or three episodes. Sure there would be drop off but the premiere would have gotten really good numbers.

I bet they could air the dead in the water pilot and still get a 2.5 in the demo.

Sad about Grimm though. Picking it up and putting it on Fridays almost cancel each other out.

Comment by Mikos – May 15, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say this as a Chuck fan who is giddy that the show was even renewed — repeat after me, Chuck fans who hate the show’s new, Friday 8pm, timeslot: “We’re lucky to get it, we’re lucky to get it.”

Comment by Rob J. – May 15, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unbelievable….Almost NOTHING to watch on NBC. Good work Comcast. 2 2 hour “reality” shows, something about the Playboy Club (ooh the 60s), Dateline (yawn). Bravo Comcast, money and lobbyists well spent.

Comment by Mike – May 15, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, really, NBC? Nothing to watch there, that’s for sure. The L&O franchise really should have gone away when the original did, none of them have been worth watching since. As for the rest of the lineup? Meh.

Comment by Herb – May 15, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What will they air on Sundays? Canadian football?

Comment by AJ – May 15, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dunno why people are upset. I’m happy we’re not competing against House, HIMYM, DWTS, and such now. I think Chuck will be okay on Fridays.

Comment by Akiyama – May 15, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to hear Chuck gets a final season. Friday may not work for some, but it works perfectly for me. Friday I usually complain that there is nothing on the telly.

Comment by Dreama – May 15, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks NBC for the fall schedule. There’s only 4 shows that I’d consider watching. Chuck, Harry’s Law, L&O:SVU & Community. Never been a fan of Parks & Office. Your dive into UPN/CW territory and My move to cable continues.

Comment by The Old Guy – May 15, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck & Grimm on Fridays? So uncool, NBC. I’m sad I have to wait til midseason for 30 Rock, but it will be on soon enough. Not impressed with the line-up overall.

Comment by Raven_Moon – May 15, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post