Fall Preview: Check Out Playboy Club, Grimm, Smash and 8 Other New NBC Shows

In addition to the tried-and-true Chuck Bartowski, Benson and Stabler, Jeff Winger, and the Braverman bunch, NBC’s schedule for the 2011-12 TV season (detailed here) also features a bevy of Playboy bunnies, the return of Christina Applegate, two sitcoms based on today’s hot comediennes, and a fantastical fairy tale-flavored drama.

NBC Exec Discusses Chuck‘s Big Finish, SVU Minus Mariska/Chris, and Wonder Woman Troubles

So, until fall ultimately rolls around, here are sneak peeks at 11 of NBC’s new series. Take a look and tell us what you think!

The Playboy Club, with Eddie Cibrian, Amber Heard, David Krumholtz (Mondays at 10 pm)

Up All Night, with Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph (Wednesdays at 8 pm)

Free Agents, with Hank Azaria, Kathryn Hahn and Anthony Head (Wednesdays at 8:30)

Whitney, starring comedienne Whitney Cummings (Thursdays at 9:30 pm)

Prime Suspect, with Maria Bello, Aiden Quinn, Kirk Acevedo (Thursdays at 10 pm)

Grimm, with David Giuntoli, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz (Fridays at 9 pm)

AND PREMIERING MIDSEASON:

Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me Chelsea, starring Laura Prepon

Awake, starring Jason Isaacs

Bent, starring Amanda Peet

BFFs

Smash, starring Debra Messing and Katharine McPhee

1. AT says:

I think Smash and Grimm could be interesting.

2. Kris says:

The Playboy Club, Smash and Grimm look promising (although I’ll probably watch none of them). The Chelsea Handler one could be good if the humour/acting improves. But MY GOD the Whitney one looks terrible. It physically caused me pain to watch. The jokes are horrendous/outdated and the laugh track (I mean “studio audience”) is terrible. Do they really need to laugh at every unfunny line? Are we suppose to laugh at every line of dialogue?

3. cic says:

How the H*** did NBC manage to make their previews look that boring? Only Awake has some tenseness to it, the rest is just blur!
    of course I’m going to give them a try, but it’s despite these previews, not because of.
    Looking forward to more Kirk Acevedo and Christina Applegate, I missed you guys!

4. Carrie says:

I’m most interested in Grimm and Awake. Awake I would have watched just because of Jason Isaacs but the premise looks pretty awesome. So I hope NBC does a good job with that. I will check out pretty much anything in the sci-fi/fantasy genres so I’ll be there for Grimm as well. Plus it has that guy from Caprica in it (Sam Adama) and I really like him as well. I tend to not pick up procedurals anymore since I feel like that’s all that’s on television nowadays.

5. Alice says:

These can’t be the actual trailers. If so, fire the company that made them, immediately. If they were teasers, they still weren’t great- which may be the shows fault, but really, an entire pilot and you couldn’t find better stuff? Although, Free Agents did managed to be funny in a short time. But for the others, the show descriptions were much more gripping than the clips, so that’s a waste of money right there.

6. Emma says:

Hey-isn’t the guy in BFFs on Happy Endings? And Happy Endings go renewed- so how does that work?

7. Kendal says:

Gotta be Up All Night & Are You There, Vodka for me.
    Can’t beat the comedy. And you can’t beat Christina Applegate, Will Arnett & Maya Rudolph.

8. Jon says:

Up All Night – will be a goner. Maya Rudolph is the only thing worth watching in that.
    Free Agents – a little less Azaria, a little more ensemble, could be good.
    Whitney – the laugh track must be the third lead. Hope it negotiated billing.
    Playboy Club – might be a winner!
    Prime Suspect – looks dated already. Might’ve been good last decade.
    Grimm – another winner with the Brandon Routh lookalike.
    Are You There Vodka? – a contender with less of the real Chelsea (not a good actress).
    Awake – interesting, but won’t last more than a season, if it makes it that far.
    Bent – funny, but oh so predictable.
    BFFs – DOA
    Smash – winner, winner, chicken dinner.

9. Charles says:

If Kirk Acevedo is in a new show, what does this mean for Charlie on “Fringe” I know I had my mind blown in the finale so maybe I forgot but I thought Alt Charlie was still alive and well and going to help Alt Lincoln figure out what was going on.

10. Stef says:

Up All Night looks awesome, I can’t wait for that one.

11. Dorian says:

Does anyone remember the 1992 Olympics when NBC’s theme for the fall was “it’s a whole new NBC!”? I know it was 20 years ago, but that worked out well for them!

12. Babygate says:

The only one that looks interesting is Grimm. I will be looking out for it. The comedies are not funny and it’s a shame because I would like ‘Free Agents’ and ‘Up all night’ to work but they don’t. I mean, the guy from ‘up all night’ had a show on fox that lasted for about a minute and a half (Running Wilde), that’s kind of a big hint. I don’t think he’s funny and he’s a terrible opposite for Christina Applegate. Awake is too confusing and that would just end up being frustrating. And, Playboy? Really? What does that say other than exploitation of women? I tried but couldn’t figure out what the plot or purpose of this show would be. And it’s a shame because the visuals, the imagery and the photography are all awesome. And SMASH, when I saw Spielberg’s name and Debra Messing and Angelica Huston I thought, yeah, this is going to be awesome. By the end of the clip I was like, what the hell? How is this supposed to be made into an interesting and compelling tv show? Almost want to scream, ‘don’t do it Steven!’

13. Vivian Chung says:

I was hoping they would pick up 17th precinct…

14. Danielle says:

Will be trying The Playboy Club, Free Agents, Grimm, and Smash. All look really good, I have to keep reminding myself this is NBC not another better network! Especially The Playboy Club looks phenomenal though…. can’t wait for it

15. Omegakillah says:

im waiting on the release of those good tv shows. i like their new projects.

OmegaPeinKillah
    watch grimm episodes and series for free. no hassle. full and fast

16. adams says:

your work and service are very helping.so enable me access your operation

17. Hello,
    I really appreciate your new blogs on Fall TV Preview: Watch Videos of 11 new NBC Shows and also
    will be back again..