Breaking: CBS Cancels $#*! My Dad Says, The Defenders and Mad Love

CBS has finally cut the $#*!

Sources confirm to TVLine that the Eye network has canceled William Shatner’s critically panned freshman sitcom $#*! My Dad Says.

Also axed after one season: The Defenders and Mad Love.

No word yet on the fates of remaining CBS bubble shows CSI: NY and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.

CBS is set to unveil its fall schedule on Wednesday afternoon. So far, the network has announced the pickups of two new fall series, the JJ Abrams/Michael Emerson drama Person of Interest and the Michael Patrick King comedy Broke Girls.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop

1. sarah says:

I loved Mad Love!! I think that is sooooo bogus!

2. Steve T says:

Too bad CBS didn’t give The Defenders a better chance to succeed. They should have kept it on Wednesday. My DVR had a nervous breakdown trying to find it.

3. Miss Pam says:

Nooooooo! Not the Defenders! I loved that show too! CBS should have never green-lit the terrible Crimminl Minds Suspect behavior. If they had left “The Defenders on Wednesday’s it might have had a shot. DAMN!

4. TrulyRoxie says:

The Defenders should have been given another season. It was a great show. My husband and I have decided to boycott all new shows aired by the networks because our favorites are always cancelled. We’ll stick to TNT, USA, SyFy, and the movie channels for new shows.

5. tnt says:

Mad Love was great. I enjoyed it!! Bad move for CBS. They should give it another chance. Losing a great cast of characters. Let NBC pick it up they need the help.

6. billk says:

CBS just freed up two more hours for me. If they cancel HIMYM and Big Bang Theory I won’t even have a need for them anymore. Not to CBS, enough with the cop shows already!

7. Potch says:

Darn. I was hoping Mad Love could have another season to get better. I didn’t love it, but I love the actors. I couldn’t quite pinpoint what was wrong with it, but there was something missing. I kept watching in the hope it would get better.

Good riddance to Sh$t my dad says. That show was terrible.

8. Sharon says:

CBS…..these are the shows I want to see back or else……Hawaii 5-0, NCIS(already renewed), NCIS:LA, Criminal Minds( I tried to get into the spin-off but couldn’t…plus ticked me off when JJ was let go cause of the show),The Mentalists, CSI:NY(if this show gets cancelled it’s CBS’s own fault for moving it & getting rid of Stella….don’t like Sela Ward….)last but…not least Blue Bloods…….

9. jake says:

Please help us save Mad Love — we need everyone’s help!

Please get the message out and like this https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Mad-Love/186490654731728?sk#!/pages/Save-Mad-Love/186490654731728
    also twitter at cbstweet

let’s show cbs how much we love this show! Help us with ideas on how to save this show!

10. gary bentz says:

Bring BACK The DEFENDERS. GREAT Show,Funny, Loved the Charcters.Do all shows have to Kill people to be good?

11. Scottguiher says:

Too bad because I really liked this show. It had an unfortunate time to air going against an established big time show, DWTS.

12. Jennifer says:

so disappointed that mad love was cancelled… I really enjoyed it. What is up with networks not giving good shows a chance?

13. SLC says:

Should of axed Undercover Boss and CSI: Miami (only worth watching for the eye candy) acting is terrible on both shows. Mad Love was great with Connie and Larry

14. Edi says:

Oh, please bring back Defenders. We really liked that show and please leave Blue Bloods on too. 2 of our favorite shows!!!!

15. Christina says:

Bye Bye CBS. you took away the only show worth watching on your station…The Defenders! I hope another network picks it up and makes a killing.

16. Burky61 says:

I have been waiting to see when the defenders will be on, never did I think that they wouldn’t renew it. Good show one of the only shoes my man and I watched together. Come on CBS whats up why would you cancell a show with laughter and reality a great cast. You really do need to consider what some of us Baby Boomers enjoy watching. And let me tell you it sure isn’t this reality TV

17. nikki says:

Defenders and Mad Love were funny, the 2 new shows that replaced it aren’t funny. I hope that cbs brings Mad Love and Defenders back on air because everyone keeps axing the good shows and bringing crap on the air.

18. Diane says:

MY HUSBAND & I LOVE THE DEFENDERS GREAT SHOW BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

19. chris dark says:

I can’t believe a quality and entertaining show like The Defenders is.let go, and.the endless garbage of the rest of the network continues on. Get ride of this Two and a half men trainwreck and.bring back this fun and enjoyable show!!

20. Delly says:

I really liked Mad Love. I thought it was fun, quirky, different from other shows. I loved watching it every week and couldnt wait to see how relationship between Larry and Connie progresses. This is a real bad choice by CBS.

21. Khush says:

I think this is huge mistake. **it My Dad Says and Mad Love were fantastic shows. Why are all the best comedies being axed and why are all these dry reality shows still being allowed to be aired. If they’re not careful they’re going to lose major ratings. NBC too with the cancelation of Outsourced