It's Official: NBC Renews Chuck For Fifth (and Final) Season

It’s official: Chuck Bartowski is the luckiest spy in television history.

Sources confirm to TVLine that Chuck has cheated death once again and will return for a fifth — and final — season this fall.

NBC declined to comment, but I hear the show will be back for a 13-episode farewell season.

Chuck Spoiler Alert: New Season Finale Intel

As reported on Thursday, fellow Peacock bubble shows Parenthood and Harry’s Law have also been renewed. No word yet on the fate of Outsourced. The Event and Law & Order: LA, meanwhile, have been axed.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals, Scoop

1. Tim says:

Hoping for a schedule change simply to see how it does elsewhere.

If they move it to Friday they CANNOT schedule it to air against Fringe or both shows will be completely hammered. I’d watch Chuck over Fringe but I’m sure many people would have the opposite opinion.

For those saying Chuck is a bad show I’m about 100% sure that I think one of the shows you watch is bad too, so it really doesn’t mean anything.

2. Dee says:

Dude are you freakin’ kidding me?! Awesome, awesome news! I was preparing myself for a world without Chuck but i’m taking this news and running with it! Crazy! Thanks NBC!

3. angelpoo12 says:

The Fans of Chuck Most of the fans are #NotANielsenFamily That’s why we went to twitter & Have petition drives to keep show on. The Fans Thanked the sponsors for the support of the Show.

4. Becca says:

PLEASE let this happen! I need this to happen, especially after what I have heard about this year’s finale. This week’s episode was freaking great especially the Star Wars references. I’m not sure when I laughed so hard especially when Chuck and Morgan starting to do the Imperial March. I need more Casey!!! I just got my Nerd Herd shirt, hat, and lanyard today and was ecstatic but this makes me very optimistic. I could so see someone wanting this show for syndication.

5. Mdz says:

OMG OMG!!! I’m really trying not to get my hopes up bu I’m finding it impossible!!! This is great news..Chuck is an amazing show…Nerd Herder rock..jajaja

6. Derek says:

I am guessing it will be moved to another night, and get 22 episodes(which will put it at exactly 100) for syndication purposes

7. Lisa says:

RIP Lie to me!!!!

Great news about Chuck though. At least one of my Monday night staples is safe.

8. DD says:

Those reported dead live longer. ;D

9. roger says:

im happy about chuck an parenthood but i think they should give chuck a full season just saying

10. Diane says:

OMG!!!! This is awesome news!!!!!! YEAH!!!! THE BEST SHOW ON TV!! It’s wonderful to know that we have a voice that has been heard!! …speechless!!!! :-D

11. jeese says:

yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss…..chuck will be back next season…ok….all the fans of CHUCK..let say and shout….MABUHAY…..

12. Amy says:

That is awesomesauce!! Hooray for the little show that could.

13. mikki says:

Yes! Chuck, Supernatural and Fringe!
    Awesome!

14. Chris says:

The best thing Chuck fans ever did is to really make it NOT an option for NBC to cancel the show. It’s amazing.

This may be one of the most fan-loved show. It may not be most watched, most talked about, nor even most award-garnering, but definitely the most adored by the little loyal portion of the TV watchers that passionately love it. It speaks volumes about the power of super dedicated fans.

15. Melly says:

I hope it’s official. The last episode was great!! The best of the season so far! Keep it up! :)

16. AlisonWonderland says:

I love Chuck. I’ve loved Chuck since the beginning. But I have to say that watching the last few episodes leading up to the wedding I was becoming OK with the idea of the show ending.

I’m thrilled that Chuck and the gang might come back, but I would really like to see the show go back to more of a nerd-herd Chuck instead of the super spy he has become. And less Chuck/Sarah stuff.

17. Son says:

So happy to hear!! Greatest show ever!!! Comedy, action, and of course Yvonne. I think if more people gave chuck a chance they would love this show. I have got 5 people hooked on chuck who said before I made them watch just one episode that it looked terrible. Go chuck!! Best show ever!!!!!!!!! Season 5 yayyyyyyyyyyyy

18. Ruudje says:

Hey guys, See the big Picture,
    Chuck has been sold to a lot of countries worldwide and has a lot of fans outside US.

19. Henk says:

I just love how this page allready has 3 pages of Chuck celebration :D! (Minus a few Troll’s and Frustrated people). Let me join the party, WHOOOHOO! YEAH ! I knew Chuck wouldn’t die on us haha

20. Montage says:

WOHOOOOO :D

21. Vanessa.Widjaja says:

YESS!! its perfect… Go Team Bartowski!!

22. Pepper says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!! I’m hysterical and hyperventillating and it feels AWESOME!!!

23. Jamey says:

Can not tell you how thrilled I am – CHUCK ROCKS!! Thanks TVLINE!

24. MJM says:

YAAAAAAAAY! Excellent news to start the day with!!! Thanks NBC & Warner Bros!!

25. bearer of Casey's fancy targets says:

Yaaaay! This almost takes the sting away from Fox canceling “Human Target”. Almost.

Long live John Casey!

26. Spike says:

best news I’ve heard all day! now lets hope it gets confirmed asap and before Monday!

27. Leo says:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Chuck lives
    i’m from brazil and i do what i can to watch chuck on fox chanel XD

28. Leo says:

sorry, my bad nbc chanel

29. ines Ayostina says:

PLEASE MAKE CHUCK SEASON 5 HAPPEN!

30. Anjali says:

Wish they give them 22 eps so they could plan a WHOLE season as opposed to siting in edge and only planning half seasons. Though obviously delighted its picked up!

31. bhm1304 says:

So Joss Schwartz and his crew get rewarded for turning this show into the flaming pile of crap it is now despite the fact that it has been bleeding viewers since its first episode and now its numbers are simply laughable for a network show airing at 8pmEST; they are CW laughable. They must really hate their pilots to continue producing what has become a blight on the NBC schedule. They have never taken any steps to improve on the weaknesses in the show from season to season which is why this show didn’t deserve renewal last year. I guess if your going to get a renewal without even trying, WHY TRY? “Archer” is the funniest/best spy comedy on television, “Chuck” isn’t even in the same league as “Archer”. Good thing Joss Schwartz has his blackmail material on the NBC executives in charge or programming.

• Brandon says:

People like you are a disgrace.

• Sam says:

You’re an angry, bitter person, aren’t you? If you don’t like the show, why bother commenting on it? I, personally, am very happy Chuck has been renewed for Season 5. And to you, bhm1304, I say, Chuck you!

32. Caro says:

I really hope Parenthood will be renewed! It’s an amazing show!

33. sarah says:

Now if NBC was smart they would approach the people of Breaking In and take it now that FOX canceled it! Watched it last night and couldn’t stop laughing and I don’t laugh at TV shows. I love Chuck but to be honest Breaking In would be the best follow up for that show or the best heir apparent NBC could have.
    Even the little things of that show are funny. This week it was the T-Shirt with the saying “all your base are belong to us” I haven’t seen that since Freshman year of college!

34. Myke says:

really really good news, i’m looking forward for the next season. more powers Chuck. and oh for those haters… we don’t need your opinion :D

35. Jeanne says:

So happy to hear Chuck has a chance at Season 5……..FYI, NBC, I only watch CHUCK and Harry’s Law. Sign BOTH up for a full season, and I’ll be there watching all along the way!

36. Bob says:

Great news! Sort of makes up for Faux cancelling Lie To Me and The Chicago Code. Sort of. D’oh, stupid Faux!

37. Susie says:

This is the best news ever! Let’s get a quick confirmation on the deal and we can all celebrate!

38. Alex says:

I’m from Spain.
    Here, Chuck isn’t too much popular because it’s not in the most important country channels, one day I saw it in Catalonia Tv, but the translation sucks xD

I have seen full Chuck TvShow 2 times since few month ago!! & Every time is even better xD

Hope chuck become a lot of seasons TvShow! :D
    It’s a good mix of entertainment show!

Long life to “Chuck” xDD

39. helena says:

that´s great… i hope it´s also true! chuck is the best action/comedy on tv now!

40. Cinty says:

Chuck 5!!! Yesssssss :D

41. Benny says:

Glad Yvonne is still on TV is all I have to say about this…she’s hot.

42. Tony says:

Dig it. I’m going to have Subway for lunch after hearing this.

43. Ann says:

44. Chirsta says:

WOO HOO !!!!!! this has now made my day!!!

45. Jim says:

Breaking: NBC is so afraid of yet another season of crappy pilots, they would sell their soul to Chuck fans. At least they’re loyal.

46. Francesca says:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss

47. sash fan says:

Cook — loving CHUCK, as always. Maybe Ellie’s baby will be a new intersect.

Too bad about CHICAGO CODE

48. Jay says:

Great News! This is one of my favorite shows on television and the only “bubble show” that I cared about. I’m thrilled!

49. Tina says:

What an awesome relief to finally hear that Chuck has been renewed for Season 5.
    Thanks NBC. If you would have given this show as much publicity as you did for The Event, Chuck would have better ratings.
    Woo Hoo, Chuck Season 5!!!

50. amanda says: