It's Official: NBC Renews Chuck For Fifth (and Final) Season

Get More: News, Renewals, Scoop

It’s official: Chuck Bartowski is the luckiest spy in television history.

Sources confirm to TVLine that Chuck has cheated death once again and will return for a fifth — and final — season this fall.

NBC declined to comment, but I hear the show will be back for a 13-episode farewell season.

Chuck Spoiler Alert: New Season Finale Intel

As reported on Thursday, fellow Peacock bubble shows Parenthood and Harry’s Law have also been renewed. No word yet on the fate of Outsourced. The Event and Law & Order: LA, meanwhile, have been axed.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated!

Tags: ,

Comments (374)

• Hoping for a schedule change simply to see how it does elsewhere.

If they move it to Friday they CANNOT schedule it to air against Fringe or both shows will be completely hammered. I’d watch Chuck over Fringe but I’m sure many people would have the opposite opinion.

For those saying Chuck is a bad show I’m about 100% sure that I think one of the shows you watch is bad too, so it really doesn’t mean anything.

Comment by Tim – May 11, 2011 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you on every point.

Comment by Brandon – May 11, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude are you freakin’ kidding me?! Awesome, awesome news! I was preparing myself for a world without Chuck but i’m taking this news and running with it! Crazy! Thanks NBC!

Comment by Dee – May 11, 2011 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Fans of Chuck Most of the fans are #NotANielsenFamily That’s why we went to twitter & Have petition drives to keep show on. The Fans Thanked the sponsors for the support of the Show.

Comment by angelpoo12 – May 11, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE let this happen! I need this to happen, especially after what I have heard about this year’s finale. This week’s episode was freaking great especially the Star Wars references. I’m not sure when I laughed so hard especially when Chuck and Morgan starting to do the Imperial March. I need more Casey!!! I just got my Nerd Herd shirt, hat, and lanyard today and was ecstatic but this makes me very optimistic. I could so see someone wanting this show for syndication.

Comment by Becca – May 11, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG OMG!!! I’m really trying not to get my hopes up bu I’m finding it impossible!!! This is great news..Chuck is an amazing show…Nerd Herder rock..jajaja

Comment by Mdz – May 11, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am guessing it will be moved to another night, and get 22 episodes(which will put it at exactly 100) for syndication purposes

Comment by Derek – May 11, 2011 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP Lie to me!!!!

Great news about Chuck though. At least one of my Monday night staples is safe.

Comment by Lisa – May 11, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those reported dead live longer. ;D

Comment by DD – May 11, 2011 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im happy about chuck an parenthood but i think they should give chuck a full season just saying

Comment by roger – May 11, 2011 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!! This is awesome news!!!!!! YEAH!!!! THE BEST SHOW ON TV!! It’s wonderful to know that we have a voice that has been heard!! …speechless!!!! :-D

Comment by Diane – May 11, 2011 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss…..chuck will be back next season…ok….all the fans of CHUCK..let say and shout….MABUHAY…..

Comment by jeese – May 11, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is awesomesauce!! Hooray for the little show that could.

Comment by Amy – May 11, 2011 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Chuck, Supernatural and Fringe!
    Awesome!

Comment by mikki – May 11, 2011 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best thing Chuck fans ever did is to really make it NOT an option for NBC to cancel the show. It’s amazing.

This may be one of the most fan-loved show. It may not be most watched, most talked about, nor even most award-garnering, but definitely the most adored by the little loyal portion of the TV watchers that passionately love it. It speaks volumes about the power of super dedicated fans.

Comment by Chris – May 11, 2011 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s official. The last episode was great!! The best of the season so far! Keep it up! :)

Comment by Melly – May 11, 2011 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Chuck. I’ve loved Chuck since the beginning. But I have to say that watching the last few episodes leading up to the wedding I was becoming OK with the idea of the show ending.

I’m thrilled that Chuck and the gang might come back, but I would really like to see the show go back to more of a nerd-herd Chuck instead of the super spy he has become. And less Chuck/Sarah stuff.

Comment by AlisonWonderland – May 11, 2011 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to hear!! Greatest show ever!!! Comedy, action, and of course Yvonne. I think if more people gave chuck a chance they would love this show. I have got 5 people hooked on chuck who said before I made them watch just one episode that it looked terrible. Go chuck!! Best show ever!!!!!!!!! Season 5 yayyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment by Son – May 11, 2011 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey guys, See the big Picture,
    Chuck has been sold to a lot of countries worldwide and has a lot of fans outside US.

Comment by Ruudje – May 12, 2011 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love how this page allready has 3 pages of Chuck celebration :D! (Minus a few Troll’s and Frustrated people). Let me join the party, WHOOOHOO! YEAH ! I knew Chuck wouldn’t die on us haha

Comment by Henk – May 12, 2011 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOHOOOOO :D

Comment by Montage – May 12, 2011 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESS!! its perfect… Go Team Bartowski!!

Comment by Vanessa.Widjaja – May 12, 2011 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!! I’m hysterical and hyperventillating and it feels AWESOME!!!

Comment by Pepper – May 12, 2011 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can not tell you how thrilled I am – CHUCK ROCKS!! Thanks TVLINE!

Comment by Jamey – May 12, 2011 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAAAAAAAAY! Excellent news to start the day with!!! Thanks NBC & Warner Bros!!

Comment by MJM – May 12, 2011 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaaay! This almost takes the sting away from Fox canceling “Human Target”. Almost.

Long live John Casey!

Comment by bearer of Casey's fancy targets – May 12, 2011 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • best news I’ve heard all day! now lets hope it gets confirmed asap and before Monday!

Comment by Spike – May 12, 2011 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Chuck lives
    i’m from brazil and i do what i can to watch chuck on fox chanel XD

Comment by Leo – May 12, 2011 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry, my bad nbc chanel

Comment by Leo – May 12, 2011 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE MAKE CHUCK SEASON 5 HAPPEN!

Comment by ines Ayostina – May 12, 2011 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish they give them 22 eps so they could plan a WHOLE season as opposed to siting in edge and only planning half seasons. Though obviously delighted its picked up!

Comment by Anjali – May 12, 2011 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Joss Schwartz and his crew get rewarded for turning this show into the flaming pile of crap it is now despite the fact that it has been bleeding viewers since its first episode and now its numbers are simply laughable for a network show airing at 8pmEST; they are CW laughable. They must really hate their pilots to continue producing what has become a blight on the NBC schedule. They have never taken any steps to improve on the weaknesses in the show from season to season which is why this show didn’t deserve renewal last year. I guess if your going to get a renewal without even trying, WHY TRY? “Archer” is the funniest/best spy comedy on television, “Chuck” isn’t even in the same league as “Archer”. Good thing Joss Schwartz has his blackmail material on the NBC executives in charge or programming.

Comment by bhm1304 – May 12, 2011 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People like you are a disgrace.

Comment by Brandon – May 12, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re an angry, bitter person, aren’t you? If you don’t like the show, why bother commenting on it? I, personally, am very happy Chuck has been renewed for Season 5. And to you, bhm1304, I say, Chuck you!

Comment by Sam – May 12, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Parenthood will be renewed! It’s an amazing show!

Comment by Caro – May 12, 2011 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree with you.

Comment by Sue – May 12, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if NBC was smart they would approach the people of Breaking In and take it now that FOX canceled it! Watched it last night and couldn’t stop laughing and I don’t laugh at TV shows. I love Chuck but to be honest Breaking In would be the best follow up for that show or the best heir apparent NBC could have.
    Even the little things of that show are funny. This week it was the T-Shirt with the saying “all your base are belong to us” I haven’t seen that since Freshman year of college!

Comment by sarah – May 12, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really really good news, i’m looking forward for the next season. more powers Chuck. and oh for those haters… we don’t need your opinion :D

Comment by Myke – May 12, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to hear Chuck has a chance at Season 5……..FYI, NBC, I only watch CHUCK and Harry’s Law. Sign BOTH up for a full season, and I’ll be there watching all along the way!

Comment by Jeanne – May 12, 2011 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Sort of makes up for Faux cancelling Lie To Me and The Chicago Code. Sort of. D’oh, stupid Faux!

Comment by Bob – May 12, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best news ever! Let’s get a quick confirmation on the deal and we can all celebrate!

Comment by Susie – May 12, 2011 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m from Spain.
    Here, Chuck isn’t too much popular because it’s not in the most important country channels, one day I saw it in Catalonia Tv, but the translation sucks xD

I have seen full Chuck TvShow 2 times since few month ago!! & Every time is even better xD

Hope chuck become a lot of seasons TvShow! :D
    It’s a good mix of entertainment show!

Long life to “Chuck” xDD

Comment by Alex – May 12, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that´s great… i hope it´s also true! chuck is the best action/comedy on tv now!

Comment by helena – May 12, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck 5!!! Yesssssss :D

Comment by Cinty – May 12, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Yvonne is still on TV is all I have to say about this…she’s hot.

Comment by Benny – May 12, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dig it. I’m going to have Subway for lunch after hearing this.

Comment by Tony – May 12, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Ann – May 12, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOO HOO !!!!!! this has now made my day!!!

Comment by Chirsta – May 12, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking: NBC is so afraid of yet another season of crappy pilots, they would sell their soul to Chuck fans. At least they’re loyal.

Comment by Jim – May 12, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss

Comment by Francesca – May 12, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cook — loving CHUCK, as always. Maybe Ellie’s baby will be a new intersect.

Too bad about CHICAGO CODE

Comment by sash fan – May 12, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great News! This is one of my favorite shows on television and the only “bubble show” that I cared about. I’m thrilled!

Comment by Jay – May 12, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What an awesome relief to finally hear that Chuck has been renewed for Season 5.
    Thanks NBC. If you would have given this show as much publicity as you did for The Event, Chuck would have better ratings.
    Woo Hoo, Chuck Season 5!!!

Comment by Tina – May 12, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post