Breaking: ABC Cancels Brothers & Sisters, V, Mr. Sunshine, Four Others

Friday the 13th turned out to be doomsday for Brothers & Sisters and V: ABC has axed both shows. The Alphabet net also pulled the plug on rookie series No Ordinary Family, Off the Map, Better With YouDetroit 1-8-7 and Mr. Sunshine.

Though, as Deadline reported, the network was trying to find a way to bring back B&S for an abridged final season, in the end, the suits elected to free up their post-Desperate Housewives time slot for a new show. As a result, last Sunday’s B&S season finale is now, retroactively, the series’ finale.

V, meanwhile, was on the upswing. Its ratings remained so-so, but after a shaky start, it returned for a second season on solid ground creatively. Heck, it even added to the cast the delectable Jane “Diana” Badler from the ’80s version.

So, are you surprised that the Walkers have popped their last cork? That the aliens are no longer a threat? And which dearly-departed ABC series will you miss the most?

For up-to-date intel on the fate of all your favorite bubble shows, bookmark TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard and check back frequently.

(polls)

1. Julio says:

NO!!! Brothers and Sisters is my favorite show on TV!!! I need my Kevin and Scotty fix!!!!

• Rockin' says:

I will miss Off the Map it was pretty good and getting into a groove.

• Lauren says:

I agree! OTM was a slow starter, but I definitely think it got better at the end of the season and deserves another season.

• Jeff says:

Hear, hear. OTM was fun, funny and melodramatic with a setting that enabled some really crazy storylines. I’m going to miss it.

• Jen says:

I figured it was coming, but I’m still both angry and disappointed. Ugh. I really, really liked Off the Map.

• AcuraT says:

OTM was a show that only had a fraction of the ratings of the 13 million per episode “Grey’s Anatomy” and 10 million per episode “Private Practice” Shonda Rhines other two shows.

She was stretched to thin and outsourced this show to one of her trusted second-in-command at her development compnay. I don’t know if it had nothing to do with it, but with the dual personality scripts (some scripts all the characters shack up – other ones they all break up – at the same time!) it was bound to come back and bite them. They just did not realize it until it was too late. The show was down to under 4 million an episode by the end, and it was a drama following comedy on Wednesday. Happy Endings is doing better in the same slot, and holding more of an audience (and not being in Hawaii for filming with its LA based cast is much cheaper – which does not hurt).

This was expected and I saw the 13th episode as its final episode. Fortunately, the only thing you don’t know about what happens are basically two that you might care about: 1) Does the woman get a heart in time or not and (2) Do the characters shack up or not? That is about it.

• Rock Golf says:

Biggest problems with Off The Map.
          1) For a location that supposed to be South America, they sure used a lot of the same iconic sites to film at as LOST.
          2) The regular requirement to translate the patients to English took up on average 25% of each show. That slooooows thiiiiings dowwwwwwwn.
          3) There’s only so many Hispanic Hawaiian actors.

• Cougar says:

Of all the shows I like Off the Map the best. It was developing well. I say keep it and get rid of some of the other stupid ones you have. And there are a ton of those.

• Esther says:

I agree Private Practice is not what it used to be, and Greys Anatomy is really starting to get old, causing too much drama, you should maintain the characters and introduce new interns that’s what really makes the show.

• Esther says:

I love Off the Map it was a very good new show and I just loved Brothers and Sisters.

• Alex says:

I agree. I will miss Tommy and Nina so, so much. Mamie Gummer is amazing. I really hope they give her a regular spot at The Good Wife, at least.

• Donna says:

Oh no. I loved off the map. Was hanging on my seat to make sure two of my favorite characters got to make it through to next season. :(

• LINDA says:

WE REALLY LIKE OFF THE MAP !!! BEST SHOW

• Chelle says:

Off the Map was my favorite new one .My daughter and I both loved it. We wanted MORE …

• jane says:

please bring it back

• Sara says:

I will miss B&S! It will be missed!

• Jasmine says:

I have watched B&S since day 1 and will miss it terribly. I started watching because I adore SALLY FIELD, and will watch Ken Olin in just about anything. Also became a huge Rachel Griffiths fan. I really enjoyed the relationship between Nora & Saul. So sorry to see Bros & Sis go.

• berit says:

I agree with Jasmine, why cancle a good show I adore Sally,Calista,Rob Lowe, and evry one in this series, Carlista and Rob acting so good in this show, and the rest of the crew to, I cry and smile with them. I hope ABC will change their mind, and follow this serie, because it is realy a good show, and I hope they can get back Rob Lowe, because he meens a lot in this show, may be he can get back as tween brother of Robert This show is a part of my life now, I have by the DVD, so I can see them over and over again.Let them come back

• Mary Margaret says:

I can’t believe a well acted, good story line was canceled for some inane show. Wipeout is the stupidest show on any network. Once a again the networks cancels an excellent show and sends viewers to the cable networks for first class entertainment. There isn’t anything on ABC which interests me now.

• Caroline says:

I can not believe Brother’s and Sister’s was cancelled ad some of the dumbest shows were not. Was my favorite part of the week I was hoping someone would pick up the show so crazy!!!!

• Donna says:

I am very upset that they cancelled Brothers and Sisters. Very upset. that show kept me alive durng my illness and had more reality in it than any show. pretty soon ABC is going to have no viewers if it keeps shutting dows shows. Every one knows that Brothers * Sisters was the top show. Thank GOD i owe the DVD to go abck and watch them. Just so disappoint in losing the show.

• Brenda says:

I so agree – I loved Brothers and Sisters and had no idea it had been canceled. Have been so excited, waiting for the season premiere. Hard to believe there is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much junk on TV and they cancel a quality show like this. Very sad and disappointed.

• tracy says:

I agree it was the best show ever, it gave smart people something to look forward to. Just loved Sally Fields!

• Ellen says:

I can’t believe B&S is cancelled. It is one of my favourite shows. I love it. It’s about the only thing I watch on ABC. Sad, sad, sad. :(

• Mary says:

There has to be a way to uncancel Brothers and Sisters. It is the best show on ABC. Cancel Desparate Housewives instead – it is ridiculous.

• Camille says:

… I hope the will “uncancel” Brothers and Sisters…Why would the cancel a popular show?? Not much on A wful B oring C rap .to watch know they have cancelled the reason I watched that station …

• Rich says:

I agree with you Mary, how can ABC cancel B&S when there is still trash like Desperate Housewives still on?? Does the term “Flogging a dead horse” not mean anything to the idiots “running” that network?? B&S was a brilliant show and I was shocked when I discovered it had been cancelled and I will miss it terribly.

• Mel says:

I’m in complete disgust that they are taking the only show I love and relate to! I’m beyond upset & in shock!!! Please cum back bro & sis:(

• Lukas says:

I’m thoroughly disappointed that brothers and sisters has been canceled!! I had no idea until I was told a few days after last episode, Sarah’s wedding! I remember thinking what a beautiful season finale not knowing it was actually the ending of a great show! The characters played by exceptional actors/actresses have left a lasting impression

• Morgan Kelly says:

I agree 100%!!!
            I loved this show!!!
            I’m soooooo sad!!!

• Lori says:

B&S was an awesom show! and so was no Ordinary family. and they got cancelled?
            those shows were family shows. i hate Desperate Housewives too! thank God this is their last year! How do we got these shows we lke back?

i was so looking forward to this new season and now i find out this!

• Lori says:

Well, apparently this is old news. But I was so bummed when Brother’s & Sisters wasn’t on a couple of weeks ago. Thought they may have changed the time. I loved this show, really, my favorite. How sad not to even have a “finale”. I am deflated. :(

• Pam says:

I most agree with you. I didn’t even catch they cancelled Brothers & Sisters leading a busy life but always made time for the show. It was my adult time and very disappointed.

• Una nulty says:

Big mistake cancelling bros and sisters… Best hour of the week.so sick of so-called reality tv-this show made me laugh and cry, really the best cast that made it so believable as a real family. Sad day

• Aj says:

I agree. I loved Brothers and Sisters! It was my favorite hour of the week and the first thing I watched on my DVR. I’ve watched since day 1 and am dying to find out what Kitty was going to do about being pregnant. Such a great story line. Loved Kevin & Scotty and their developing family and really want to see how Nora and Brody. So glad Sara asked him to walk her down the aisle.

• MiMi says:

I am very sad B&S cancelled. Great show and great story line. Loved off the map too. Castle will be the only show I watch on ABC now. Grey’s is getting old. Please bring B&S and OTM back.

• dwhitney says:

I agree brothers and sistes was the best and i looked forward to watching a show that did not include violence. I looked forward to watching it every Sunday. Pleae bring it back.

• Andrea Cardenas says:

I LOVE BOTH Brothers & Sisters AND Off the Map Can’t believe you’re cancelling them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lori says:

PAN AM holds no candle to Brothers and Sisters. This show is totally boring———–please bring Brothers and Sisters back!

• Mark says:

Julio, I can’t agree with you more! Kevin and Scotty are the best! I am so bummed.

• Christina says:

I totally agree I need my Kevin and Scotty fix. I also want to know what happens with Kitty and Seth! Ugh I hate that they just cancel the show and not give us loyal viewers a real finale!

• Barbara Sansalone says:

I am so mad a ABC! You used to be my favorite station.
      All of my favorites are going: All My Children, Brothers & Sisters
      and Body Of Proof!! I am dispointed in this station.

• D'Arcy Nunn says:

Brothers & Sisters is one of my favorite shows! Retroactive finale???? What does that mean? Why would you let us think it’s coming back in September? Are you Network Executives or hatchet-men? Come on people!!!! Obviously you DO NOT CARE about fans of Brothers & Sisters! Do you really feel all the loose ends have been neatly tied up? You allow us to get excited about Kevin and Scotty’s baby situation and Saul’s partner situation??? You throw in Brody’s daughter….who NO ONE LIKES…..and end the show? What the H***???? I COULD AND WOULD do a BETTER JOB!!!!!!!!!! Do you “suits” even watch Brothers & Sisters????? I hope you get flooded with emails to keep Brothers & Sisters. BTW~whose BONE HEAD idea was it to cancel ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE? DUMB…..TOTALLY DUMB!!!!!!!!!!! Are you unaware of the many long time loyal fans are out there????? I started watching from day 1 as a newlywed in Washington DC. Stunningly DUMB decision!!! Again…no time invested in the show!!! How do you folks get in a position to cancel beloved shows????? What are your credentials? How do you cancel shows that have been on the air 40 years??? I don’t get it!!!! Obviously you don’t LIKE television! I LOVE television (daytime and prime time)
      but I will be watching OWN from now on. Grrrrrrr……

• Tom says:

i am so sick of bloody americans ! Great shows like brothers and sisters is axed yet year after year your moronic reality shows go on and on and on !It seems whenever you get into a new show they get axed without even a final wind up of plots ( eg heroes).

Im done with american shows now
      Until you americans start supporting decent dramas all you will be left with is those mindless drivel reality shows that you all flock to view.

very sad!

• Chelsea says:

I’m American but I completely agree with you. I feel really bad for people in other countries who get to watch our shows but then they’re at the mercy of Americans’ poor taste and lousy businessmen.

I thought Brothers & Sisters was a bad show, but I LOVED watching it, so I actually am sad to see it go. And I wanted to know how Kitty’s pregnancy would pan out, and see what’s going on with Rebecca.

I really hate TV executives.

• samuel jephcote says:

yes i so agree, if your going to make a show seasons you got to leave it finsihed !!! isnt that the whole idea of seasons. END the season if you are not shaw on making a new one. I loved V and thats what my topic is about, you strung this out to long, in the old V 1980s, total viewing was 7 to 8 hours, ridiculous making all those episodes and basing any future episodes and previous season. its pure GREED !!! MONEY MONEY MONEY !!! they dont make these shows for us they make it for themselvs.

Medium was my fav show to not a bad series finale.
        The Event has captured me from start till now, very clever writing, you should have used these writers for V, seems to me the writers for V was writing it forthemselves. im so disapointed that V has been cancelled. leaving a cliff hanger like that. Bad writing.

• Rhonda says:

WHAT???????? Why cancel V?????? I am late in discovering this cancelation! Unique and different than the usual programing. Story and cast were reallllllllly good. SOOOOOOO disappointed!!! I couldn’t wait for it’s return. Bad decision!

• Nedjon says:

I just found out about this cancellation, and it made me very disappointed to see one of good quality scifi shows to be canceled at its peak. That last episode was very promising for the future episodes, but I hope they will at least make some V movie to cover rest of the story. Eh, there are still too much haters of scifi in the world.
            Also, what I cannot understand was that Desperate Housewives, with their sooo immoral view of life could take over tender show as B&S. What that makes of ABC? Their next project should be some reality show with kill your neighbor theme?

• I SO AGREE!!! Programming execs seem to keep shows that appeal to the lowest common denominator i.e., bickering reality personalities with no real talent instead of giving people like us intelligent original TV that provokes our minds. Shame on you ABC for not considering those of us who are fans of talented writing, acting, character development, i.e. shows worth our investment of time!!!

• steve allsopp says:

Totally agree .. I loved it here in the U.k …
          WHY FINISH THE SERIES LIKE THAT !!
          We don’t know what happens to the human race now Anna has the power to Bliss….
          Gutted ….pls..pls continue with the amazing series …

• P. J. SCHUMACHER says:

I am truly dismayed at ABC for this very “lacking in integrity” approach to cancelling a series. This series was one of the most “real”,”honest”, and “no holds barred” family drama that ever aired. So many topics that, at one time, might have been considered “taboo” or “too risky” for primetime television, were explored and openly discussed. This show was quality television at its best and deserved far better than the network decided to afford it. Yes, advertisers and money are the main focus of television broadcasting, since ~ yes, let’s face it, folks ~ it is a “for-profit” business venture. Yet, with that said, this show featured myriad examples of life situations that we all face, have faced, and / or could relate to. “Brothers and Sisters” has been one of my “touchstones” from Day One and I exercise to the past episodes during my treadmill workouts. For my part, I am deeply saddened and shocked. The entire “Saul” character and the complexity of that character plus Saul and Jonathan’s budding romance was a wonderful example of new storylines that could have been explored and developed. I am deeply saddened at this turn of events. Thank You for publishing my thoughts. P. J. Schumacher

• Lebron James says:

Mr Sunshine was a genuinely unique show with a ton of potential. It was really funny and absolutely original. I’m sad to see it go. I now have no reason to watch anything on ABC… Viewer lost!!!

• Cindy Rodriguez says:

I am sincerely going to miss this show. I honestly believed if they were give a weekday spot maybe the station would have reconsider the show going on… but such great stars with great chemistry, sad to not see them..

• connie b says:

BROTHERS AND SISTERS WAS GREAT. I LOOKED FORWARD EACH
      WEEK AND ALSO LOVED THE SETTING…..I REALLY AM GOING TO
      MISS IT. MAYBE ANOTHER NETWORK WILL PICK IT UP.

• JoJo says:

I’m so very upset, that ABC chose to cancel B&S. It was first on my list of TV-Oed shows. Please ABC rethink this decision. I cannot live without Kevin & Scotty. One of the few wholesome shows on the tube. I’m hoping they will at least have a show to rap up the Walker family story. I have been seeing several of the cast on other shows, which lead me to believe that B&S was cancelled. Maybe the show will go to the internet? Great show, so sorry to see it go.

• carla says:

My whole family was ripped right way from me like a sudden death. Bring them back. i have watched this show from day one, and i want it back on the air, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dobie Diekmann says:

Brothers and Sisters was an intelligent, well written show that provided entertainment for a wide age range of viewers. It reminded me of Thirty Something. I was so unprepared for it being cancelled. I am in mourning.

• Mary says:

It’s almost a given that if I like a show, it will be canceled. ABC is making a HUGE mistake with Brothers and Sisters. Sad day (since I finally figured out why they have not had a season opener). They give us stupid fluff in exchange? REVENGE? Seriously????? I’m canceling my cable service. DONE with TV.

• GIL says:

im so pissed that abc cancelled brothers and sisters–who made that decsion should be fired!!! The show related to real family issues–I see why they cancelled V –but everyone grasps the real life tv situations–Abc im very disapointed with you and so are a millions of other viewers–im going to watch less abc cause I know if i get to love a show Abc will just cancell it

• colleen says:

Finally found a great show i enjoy watching and cant get enough of,And you pull the plug!!!Dont do it!!!Bring it back!!

2. Dominic says:

Gutted about Brothers & Sisters, I only watched because it reminded me of my own family, pity…it had moments of such intense honesty, very real in some cases.

• joblo says:

How can they cancel BETTER WITH YOU!?!? I like Happy Endings and all but BTY is way funnier and had much better ratings! It was the best new comedy of the season. What the crap is wrong with you, ABC?!?!

• Steven says:

Actually Happy Endings ratings were slightly better. And airing in a much more difficult timeslot.

• Amalie says:

i loved better with you and thought it was safe it had solid ratings for a first season :( it was one of the best pilots of the season

• lacey says:

I am also saddened by the cancelation of Better With You. It has a talented cast and the jokes are funnier than on some other ABC shows. I kept hoping that ABC’s PTB would realize the potential this show has and keep it.

• Lisa London says:

Loved Better with you too. It will be missed!

• Hannah Horne says:

OMG! I totally agree! its so sad that there won’t be anymore hillarious Better With You. I am starting to lose any intrest in this network at all!

3. ggny says:

B&S was such a amazing show the first 2 season then they had to ruin it by bringing in Ryan who was such a horrible character

• Kevin says:

i agree with that, that’s actually when i stopped watching, so i’m not really disappointed. I’m more disappointed that No Ordinary Family got canceled, it had a rough start but near the end it started getting real good. honestly, good riddance to V, it annoyed the crap out of me every episode lol Off The Map and Mr. Sunshine were also good but i can do without

• Jim says:

I agree about ‘V.’ They lost me when they started trying to appease the religious-right with their “human soul” crap. Quit watching it then. It was SCI-FI ABC… not The 700 Nubs.

• Cora says:

It seems like people only go for the shows where there is sex and bad language while good shows like V get the axe

• Douglas Hollis says:

>They lost me when they started trying to appease the religious-right with their “human soul” crap.

The religious right? Too funny. By this, I guess you mean the VAST majority of mankind who believe humans are endowed with a soul? You see this as pandering to a fringe group? Really? For what it’s worth, I thought it a thought provoking perspective. The only thing that separates us from the reptiles is our soul, our emotions, all that which makes us truly human. I enjoyed every minute of V, it’s beyond a pity that a show with such as-yet unexploited potential has been unceremoniously canned, all the more after leaving fans on such a precipice of expectation. Foolishness of monumental proportions, indeed.

• A Noun says:

I have to agree about Ryan’s arrival being the point of no return. There was absolutely no need for yet another illegitimate child of William, and I never understood his Dad’s need to try to tear the company down. I’m still confused by that.

• Esther says:

I agree I did not like the Ryan character on Brothers and Sisters. Ruined the show I believe.

4. Marsha says:

Well…Even more reason to not watch ABC since they canceled their daytime soaps. Now we can add Brothers and Sisters and V, two of my other favorite shows. But, heck…I don’t count since I’m outside of their prime demographic. Maybe Snookie will be available to star in a reality show for them in those time slots…or teen moms…

• Rachel Pierce says:

ITA Marsha..what with them cancelling AMC and OLTL (which was making money) I really don’t understand who they think is going to be watching their new REALITY show lineup. I loved Brothers and Sisters but will be happy watching TNT and USA summer lineups. However, it will be interesting to see what they replace all these cancelled with.. You know that Disney owns ABC so maybe we will be watching cartoons..

• Debi says:

AMEN. they can keep all these other crappy shows, but cancel the good ones. Where is the logic in that????

5. Jac says:

I thought they had confirmed V already?

6. KBC says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Though, the last episode that aired did feel very much like a season finale with Nora’s narration at the end. Still, this makes me sad…as I think the show still had plenty of stories to tell.

• Robb says:

KBC –> agreed.

Although I can’t now remember exactly what Nora said, I, too, thought it fitting if this was indeed (sadly) the series finale.

7. iwe says:

No! Not V. Please say you’re kidding.

8. ProudTVJunkie says:

I was really hoping they’d give Brothers & Sisters a proper send off next season. And V was really good by the end of it’s second season. These have been the most disappointing cancellations so far. Ugh.

9. pv says:

Noooooooo! V! I love that show. Yes its hokey but I loved it nontheless.

I can’t say I’m truly surprised though – and I appreciate ABC investing 2 seasons into it when they didn’t have to.

Now I’m hoping the cancelling of V means the karma has gone to a renewal of Hellcats (yes different network I know – hence the karma)

10. Jennifer says:

I’m going to miss the Walkers!!! :(

11. Dee says:

I was really hoping this would be a hold over, but then again, we are talking about ABC. They never give new shows a chance and don’t hold on to veteran shows that people have become invested in. It’s gotten so bad with them that I never watch any new shows they put on until I’m sure they are going to last more than 2-3 shows.

That being said, even though it seemed very rushed to tie up loose ends, I did truly enjoy the finale. Nora narrating and her fabulous family dancing to “Born this Way.” I’m going to miss them come fall.

• ger says:

I’m really tired of comments like this. ABC gave Brothers and Sisters a year it didn’t really deserve this year, and the ratings for V stunk so bad that the second season should be considered a bonus. All of the shows on this list were ratings challenged, but all were allowed to run out their season.

12. Lana says:

I’m kinda pissed about V. It got really good this season, especially since they offer Tyler! I want answers, dammit!

• Deb says:

I was really enjoying V too. Sorry to see it go.

• Stone Skull says:

i’m not even a big fan of sci fi.. but i thought V was excellent.. and the ending of series 2 was mind blowingly good… it’s gotta continue, somehow.

• AcuraT says:

Hey, V got a little closure. Tyler is dead finally. So is Jane “Diana” Badler from the 80s show. Everyone on earth is frozen, and the aliens take over with some resistance like out fo Terminator 3 – the end. What else do we need for the low rated show?

I liked V as well, but its time was up.

• Ulysses says:

What is it with cancelling sci-fi shows part way through the story, we had this with caprica, Star Gate Universe and now V.

Well I guess the worlds TV stations just want to make mass marketed reality rubbish with no realy creative imagination, or boring soaps…yawwn time to sell the TV.

Such ashame about V as the second series was quite good, now we will never see marc singer return propely to the show.

• Chris says:

the list of shows cancelled this way is endless

as a sci/fi fanatic it drives me insane but is something unfortunately i have come to live with.

networks will never understand that ratings and sci/fi just dont mix and considering what they did to V at the start is no wonder. i am still glad to have seen what i did and like many others the season 2 finale left me hanging for more. Hopefully Project Alice will get some results and another network will pick it up or at least let them finish it off properly.

Seriously thou ABC realise Sci/Fi and ratings DO NOT MIX the people that made this decision should be the ones canned, not the shows we enjoy watching.

Incomming sarcasm *****yey for another charlies angels reboot*****

• steve allsopp says:

Nonsense… so so much more could have been done and said… we’re totally gutted here in U.k…
        V was awesome ……

13. Mimi says:

The show sealed its fate when it decided to pair up Justin and Rebecca. The show wasn’t perfect, but when the original creator left, the show lost its heart, and became a copy of every other drama that’s on the air. Just compare how smart and independent the female characters, especially Kitty, were during the first season to how they looked last season.

14. Mark says:

Sooo many things that were supposed to happen if the writers of Brothers & Sisters had known they were getting cancelled (Rebecca would have returned for Justin, etc. etc.). This is disgusting.

15. tomtom says:

Brothers and sisters was one of my very shows during the first season. Too bad they exchanged showtunners. The concept was watered down during the last sweats. As much as I love Kevin & Scottty, Nora and Sarah, many story lines were ridiculous. However: form my pov B&S was even during the last season much better than Desperate Housewives, which is a parody of its former self. Thank god there is still Parenthood which grew stronger and stronger recently. HopeNZbC sticks to he show next season.

16. Leo says:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

17. Jimmy says:

It was time for Brothers and Sisters to go. Creatively, the series peaked in Season 3. For the last 2 years the series had been repeating itself with only a few bright spots here and there.

18. maxrobes says:

I can’t believe they cancelled V! Networks are the real reason people are not buying tvs. outside of sports, we are only left with Reality TV!

19. Parker says:

Probably a long shot, but are there any rumblings that a 2-hour wrapup movie could be a possibility for B&S? I just think with an Emmy-winning show that did perform well for a few seasons, they could really do some kind of proper send-off. So happy about Chuck, though. A proper final season is perfect. I feel as though all the Chuck stories will be done by then.

20. Miri says:

Nooooo! NOT V! It wasn’t finished, it had so many cliffhangers :( NOOOOOOO!
    They probably give us that stupid fairy tale show Once upon a time for V now :P I hate that show already :( Die! Die! Die!

21. keila says:

I feel like I’m probably the only person who will miss Off The Map – but it was SUCH a guilty pleasure show for me. Kinda bummed, I was just really starting to like, and get to know, all of the characters.

22. Josie says:

I am so sad about B&S. When I was watching the season finale, I thought to myself about how it had a finality to it. And now I find out ABC cancelled it. :(

23. reb says:

Darn. I loved Detroit 1-8-7. Between that and Life on Mars, poor Michael Imperioli just can’t get a break.

• Jenks says:

Me, too. We must have been the only two watching. Detroit 1-8-7 was hands-down the best cop show on TV, except maybe Southland. Michael Imperioli was fantastic, as were the other actors. The cases were gritty without having to see the bloody body and autopsied corpse. The Detroit location was a refreshing change from LA and NY. It had fine acting and well-written stories — wow, I guess that’s a recipe for cancellation at ABC. At least they wrapped the season with closure for most of the storylines.

• Deena says:

I am with the 2 of you. This was a GREAT show and I can’t understand why more people didn’t watch. Was it not promoted correctly or was it not dumbed down enough for most viewers? I knew it would be cancelled but I am still bummed. This was one of the first showed I actually looked forward to every week. Can’t wait to see the crap they replace it with next season.

• Elizabeth says:

I too loved Detroit 1-8-7, but I had a feeling it was a goner. Especially after they killed off the hot younger cop. I loved the different setting and that each character was unique.

• Jen says:

I agree 100%. Detroit 1-8-7 was an amazing show. I don’t even enjoy cop shows, but I watched cuz I love Imperioli. I ended up continuing to watch because it was just such a great show. As you said, the acting was great and it was well-written. I just could not be more bummed right now. Disappointing.

• faithfulfan says:

glad to finally see some love for 187…. imperioli was by far the best best cop ‘character’ on tv…with chicago code cop jarek wysocki (another cancelled series)a close second… also loved life on mars and hated to see that one go

• Jon says:

I whole heartedly agree that this is a huge disappointment. I blame the network for not backing it well. It sickens me that we were subjected to countless “No Ordinary Family” commercials, when I hardly ever saw one for Detroit.

I agree with Jenks’ opinion on Detroit being a great location. I loved that this show didn’t try to hide the bad parts of the city, and even incorporated it in some of the storylines.

I think ABC execs are lost and haven’t a clue what good TV is. They are almost as bad as FOX.

24. anonymous says:

The season finale ended up working better as a series finale then I thought it would so I guess it could be worse. The show did run out of steam so its not like there were many stories left to tell.

25. Dezden says:

So sad. B&S was one of the best shows on TV. I LOVE that show.

26. Betty Stinson says:

I am going to miss “V” a lot, especially Charles Mesure as Kyle Hobbes.

27. Pam says:

The last episode of V was so good! I’m very disappointed that it won’t be back.

• Rob says:

I’m SOO bummed about “V” and really hope ABC reconsiders, or another network picks it up. It was doing so well in season 2 with gripping storylines and a sci-fi type of entertainment we have far too little of these days on regular tv. I’m aggravated at the way networks these days wisk shows aside just as they hook us in, and they usually do so on a cliffhanger. They don’t seem to have much concern for the viewers.

28. LTA says:

I can’t believe they cancelled Brothers and Sisters. I loved that show, it was one of my favorites. I am so sad! I can’t believe DH is still on, but B & S is gone. THey should have at least let them finish the series out and not just let it end without giving us any closure. So not cool.

29. Jake says:

I’m so sad for both shows :( they both are lovely

30. Jennie says:

I really liked Off the Map and Mr. Sunshine. I was looking forward to them coming back. :(

31. allie d says:

That was an amazing episode. If it had to be the last, at least it was a great one.

32. Lisa says:

Brothers and Sisters was my favorite show. This is kinda upsetting.

33. Rachel says:

Im gutted, ima miss the Walkers, but hey, at least over on NBC we still have the Bravermans :)

34. Entertainment2u-Twitter says:

Brothers & Sisters was mostly unbearable to watch this year.The writing was very poor. And they ran out of ideas. How many siblings had to thru the WHO’S MY DADDY guessing game?

I thought the final ep this season was a perfect ending. So I am AOK with the cancellation.

35. Laurel says:

They should get rid of Desperate Housewives.
    It’s been HORRIBLE !!

The Housewives storyline has become Desperate and not in a funny way.

36. Sora says:

Wow. In one fell swoop, ABC has wiped out all of my reason for watching that network.

• loiuise says:

i totally agree,,loved B%S,V,OTM and i liked the show called THE WHOLE TRUTH which is another show ABC didn’t give a chance to

37. Patty says:

Brothers and Sisters, No Ordinary Family AND Mr. Sunshine all cancelled? FAIL!

38. Kim says:

Whatever, good riddance to V. One of the worst shows I’ve ever watched. I feel really bad for Liz Mitchell though, she’s so talented and deserved better.

39. There really should be a network TV law that states if a show is on the air for at least three seasons, it is allowed a minimum of six episodes to wrap up after told they are canceled. It’s a shame shows like Brothers & Sisters can go on for 5 years, or Heroes for 4, and still not get to put an ending to their series. Not fair, not right.

40. Krillian says:

So with V, the aliens win. Show’s over. Wow.

41. Caro says:

I’m not surprised. It was getting worse and worse. First Tommy left, then Rebecca, then Holly lost her mind and the final straw was Robert dying. The show was doomed when that happened. It had lost its magic touch… Stories went from bad to unbearable; Justin/Rebecca splitting, silly Saul story lines, Ojah sold, Sarah/Luc had no chemistry at all and the golden couple Kitty/Robert ended. Unfortunately because it used to be one of my favorite shows… I enjoyed four amazing seasons but after watching parts of the time warp and seeing Kitty flirting with another man, I quit watching. Robert’s death was the final straw. What a pity. It was so promising. It could have gone on for years and years if they had continued the amazing writing they had done these first seasons. Too bad, it wasn’t meant to be.

• Michelle says:

Well said Caro! It went off the rails big time. I watched it this past Sunday for the first time since show one or two of the season and was disappointed and homesick for the show at its best. Holly’s leaving was the last straw for me. That character and her frenemy relationship with Nora was among the last compelling things they had. And I’m with the person that dogged that Justin/Rebecca pairing. Ewww. And THEN to bring in Ryan? And then to have Sarah have a different daddy? Oh please. Put it out of it’s misery because many of those actors don’t deserve it. (It’s funny, I loved Ally McBeal and B&S but I do not love Calista as much as I’ve really, really tried.)

Oh and I do have discount leather goods for sale. Just kidding! I shop at Target.

42. mst3k says:

I actually liked Mr. Sunshine and thought No Ordinary Family had potential… The former had yet to hit its stride and the latter needed some better writing. Oh well.

• Walrus says:

No Ordinary Family always seemed like it would be a better fit on ABC Family. I’m not dissing it… I watched it… but it always gave me that kind of vibe.

• Laura says:

We need a show that children can watch with their parents. Please draw the line in the sand and take a stand and build the moral charactor of our children. I know the name of the game is MONEY, but the price is to high. What is planted in the mind and hearts of children will come out in the charactor later.

43. Allison says:

Sad about B&S but happy the season finale was good enough to serve as a series finale so there are no big cliffhangers. It is too bad as they were just getting back on track after mistakes like Ryan.
    I guess I am the only one who is going to miss Mr. Sunshine which was a smart, clever, original comedy so of course it was axed.
    I did watch guilty pleasure Off the Map but no big loss.

44. Nina says:

I was hoping that they would give V another season.

45. Florenzo says:

V was my favourite Show!!It’s a shame to cancel V!!Screw you ABC!!!

46. Kim says:

I’m sorry to see V go. It was getting much better. I wish they would could do a wrap-up movie or mini. I know that both types of story telling are dead on network tv but I really want to see Erica kick some V hiney.

• Phoenix says:

I completely agree. Couldn’t ABC give V at least a few more episodes to wrap things up properly?
      This is the worst Friday 13th ever!

47. I kind of liked Mr. Sunshine, though I didn’t specifically tune in to watch. I’ve always liked Allison Janney. I hope Matt Perry can straighten himself out.

I’m a pretty enthusiastic sci-fi fan, but I just never got into V; too many better choices out there and too little time (though syfy, or whatever they’re calling themselves today — the wrasslin’, cookin’, cra ptacular channel — weeded some of the shows I liked.

48. LV says:

I will miss Brothers & Sisters and Off the Map the most. The former was my feelgood show and the latter started to grow on me half way through it’s first season. Quite a shame.

49. Sourabh says:

NOOO.

• thelma pierce says:

I am missing Brothers & Sisters –WHY !! when a show so great is taken off the aired and the audience’s have no input in it ,even if we write our opinion then —do you really care about US.

Thelma