House First Look: Are They Killing Off [Spoiler]?

Good thing Fox renewed House when it did, or else these photos of Dr. Crankypants knocking at death’s door would take on a whole new level of urgency. Of course, that’s not to say House’s latest health emergency isn’t cause for alarm.

As revealed in the following clip from Monday’s penultimate season 7 episode, the experimental medicine Hugh Laurie’s drug-addled alter ego was pumping into his body was actually poison.

That’s one of two major surprises the episode delivers. The other involves a baby bombshell I first teased in this week’s Ask Ausiello. Basically, someone’s gonna be a first-time daddy — and that someone is unmasked in the second clip below.

Spoilerphobes, head to the nearest exit. Everyone else press play!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. babiiiii says:

cant watch it from brazil! somebody please, just say who the father is? thanks

2. babi says:

why dont you just say it, ausiello? jesus, man, not everyone that comes to your site is in us.outside there, those videos dont play.

• robinepowell says:

Hear, hear. I live in Canada, but you think I lived in the middle of nowhere at times like these. Why can’t videos be available everywhere instead of just the States?

Who is Taub’s girlfriend? Last I checked, he was dating his wife.

• illel says:

If you google the title of the episode and “sneak preview” , you can find every video
      (on Youtube for exemple…)

3. Matthew says:

Taub is a daddy WAT !?!

4. Modoversus says:

Agreed. It’s a shame there are these artificial restrictions on promotional videos. Guess I’ll have to wait.

5. Lorena says:

Taub papai hsaushau

* Your site is read by the world, you need to put a video that can also be seen by the world

6. Purrpot says:

Idiots! but i love them.

7. Junim says:

Ah so slutty on me because I live in Brazil I can not see video kkkkk

8. Camila says:

I really love House, but I don’t care about Taub’s life.

• Alicia says:

Word. Can’t believe what a big deal was made out the surprise pregnancy BI when it pertains to some third tier character. Pretty shameless of Ausiello…
      Maybe I should go back and fill out another survey so I can suggest: DON’T HYPE BS.

• Morgan says:

Taub is one of the best characters, he’s a bit of a sad sack but with dignity. He’s realistic.

• Amy says:

Actually, unless there’s another blind about a pregnancy that I haven’t read, it refers to a major character on another show – Kitty on “Brothers and Sisters.”

9. Anonymous says:

Even those of us in the states using ipads can’t see the videos. Sad for a four month old site to be so far behind the times.

• jim says:

Users of iPads in the US who cannot view, it is the iPad, not this site that is archaic. The iPad doesn’t support flash, used on millions of websites.

10. eviltwit says:

Grrr. Can’t watch from New Zealand. Thank you “J” (in the reply to the first comment)for answering who’s having a baby:)

11. eviltwit says:

p.s. I love your site, and it clearly has many international fans (I’m an American living in New Zealand). Maybe you could make it possible for us to watch things, too?

12. nitemar says:

Mike, these sneak peeks are old and everyone knew even before that Taub was the daddy ..what you should have asked who was the mom to be!

13. Leila says:

oooooold news ;)

14. jafo2k says:

In Canada can’t view… oh… proxy server!! FU.. can see it now.. lol

15. rage says:

Hugh Laurie and I are British, does this mean he can’t watch these clips? Dammit.

16. Kim says:

If any of you have ever watched the past seasons you would know that taub and his wife had problems because she wanted a baby and he could deliver, that is why it is a BIG deal for the red head nurse to be pregnant. DUH!!!!

• Ryan says:

actually HE was the one that wanted the baby, Rachel was the one who said she didn’t want kids and said that should be enough for him

• Packerbren1 says:

Actually, Taub wanted a baby, and the wife didn’t..and who is getting killed off the show, anyway?

17. kim says:

taub COULDN’T deliver oops

18. LoveHuddy says:

Ugh, we don’t care about Taub !
    Just stop with this ship ! That’s enough now. Peter Jacobson is a great actor, but Taub’s life is just not interesting ! So plz, stop this crap !

19. auramac says:

He’s been “dating” both his ex-wife and the hot nurse. What happened- condom broke? Vasectomy didn’t take?

Very intense show- I hope there’s no cliff-hanger. it’ll be a long, long summer.

Videos must be in Flash- which sucks. It should be outlawed.

20. Lucy says:

Actually, Taub wanted a baby and his (ex) wife didn’t. She reminded him that he knew she didn’t want children when they got married and she still didn’t.

21. YumeHasu says:

HEAR HEAR, it frakking sucks. If you plan to make all of your videos available on the US, at least write it down so OTHER people outside the US can see it. Or do you ONLY want to have followers in the US? Like seriously. God.

22. rodney says:

This Chase! He was giving hints! He from Aussie!

23. TAMMY says:

24. Savannah says:

SO excited! House is amazing. <3 I'm gonna be SO depressed when the seasons over though. D:

25. Donna says:

Is it true this will be the last season? Im a House newbee.

• Katie says:

The current season isn’t the last one, if that’s what you’re asking. But they’re saying that next season (season eight) will probably be the last because of the ratings drop and eight seasons is how long hugh laurie is signed on for.

26. jhen says:

you should make your videos available so all of us could watch them.. especially that house’s fans aren’t only the people living in US..please make them available for us… thanks..

27. mike says:

i watch every house,doctor who,or any series in rigth after those are aired ,is a argentinean webpage and don’t have restrictions

28. Marlena says:

Anyone who watches House on a regular basis knows it is his girlfriend!

29. Falci says:

LOL. Cannot be viewed from Brazil?

30. rachel says:

31. Steve says:

It was Taub who wanted a baby and Rachel didn’t. Said she’d told him since the beginning she didn’t..

32. chrissyloiac says:

Oh my god that was not his wife! Do you people watch this show at all, that are making these silly comments??? His wife’s name is Rachel and she is about 20 yrs older than the woman Ruby in the clip! Jesus!

33. Mindy says:

I can’t believe there are almost as many comments about Taub as there are about the international viewing restrictions on the clips.

Taub isn’t interesting. I don’t care if his girlfriend/one-night-stand is pregnant. House, himself, IS interesting. But, the threat that he might die is not. Because the show is called House, and it is coming back next season. This would all have been fascinating if it was close to the end of the show. Whether House changes because of this would be the point of interest with this storyline.

34. Subul says:

Any News on whats instore for House & Cuddy??

35. Tracy Murray says:

I hate cliffhangers ( except in movies ) , I prefer my season finales to have the story arc done with and move on to the next plot which could have elements of the previous arc to move the series along . I want the quick reassurance ( or a hint of it ) that my favourite TV character is going to live another day , that he will still have his best friend forever to hang around with and give advice when needed , that he could still get another chance at love with his boss cum ex girlfriend , House won’t be the same without the lead character , unless he has a twin brother we don’t know about who is also a diagnostician and is more like the season seven , pre ” Out of the Chute ” Greg House .

36. maggie says:

I’m not interested in Taub or 13 or Foreman. I just want to know about House.

37. dume says:

First time I’ve been to this website…. For all those who can’t view the previews here have you tried youtube? They are posted there.

38. Jerri says:

I think I’m done with House after this season. It’s gotten stale and boring.

39. Anita says:

I enjoy the other characters having individual lives of their own and how Gregory House always minipulates them. The writers keep House prodding and poking into his team’s personal business shows House’s lonliness all the more. That is one reason the relationship with Cuddy failed – House cannot tolerate boredom. Plus, it keeps a realistic flavor to scenarios as the team deals with high pressure work and their ‘real life’ issues. As far a Taub becoming a father…Ain’t gonna happen. She’ll abort…

40. Karla says:

Hey everybody calm down, maybe it’s Taub’s baby , we don’t actually care, but WTFG it’s happening House, MG, i ca’t belive it, it’s he cutting his leg? o.O’
    And what’s Cuddy doing in his house, maybe she has to tell him that she’s pregnat I’M ANSSIOUS D:

41. KW says:

I’m in US and I can’t view it either.

42. Lyla says:

I can’t watch too. But that’s boring taht it’s Taub, his personal life is not that interesting. I was hoping House, Wilson or Chase. Ofcourse they wouln’t make so big change to make House a daddy, but with wilson on chase it would be fun.