Dexter Exclusive: Off The Map's Aimee Garcia to Play Dex's New [Spoiler Alert]!

Dexter Morgan is making some staffing changes.

Off the Map actress Aimee Garcia is joining the cast of Dexter as Jamie, the new nanny Dex hires to care for his son Harrison. Jamie also happens to be the kid sis of Dex’s colleague Batista — which, if you ask me, can only lead to trouble.

Dexter Exclusive: Colin Hanks to Play the New Big Bad?

I know what you’re probably wondering: What became of Sonya, the Irish au pair who kept lil’ Harry in diapers last season? Sources confirm she either got fired, quit, or died.

Garcia will appear throughout the Showtime drama’s upcoming sixth season.

Comments (15)

• NOOOOOO!!!! I was lovin’ the nanny—she was basically the highlight of the awful fifth season.

Comment by Tavis – May 12, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s funny how 2 fans can see it so different.I loved last season.Jonny Lee Miller was great as Jordan Chase.Also Lumen(spell check) put Dex in a new light for me.Plus Deb and Quinn…Ok i will stop.

Comment by NickC – May 12, 2011 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lumen was the reason the season was so awful for me. I used to love Julia Stiles, but not anymore.

Comment by Tavis – May 13, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed Tavis…Lumen ruined the season for me.

Comment by Jenn – May 13, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HeHe…i think the premiere epi will show the old nanny on a table with Dexter cutting her up…to Shock us All !!!!!… :-)

Comment by Lostie – June 1, 2011 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If she’s anything like her character on George Lopez (or maybe it was that one show on Nickelodeon…can’t remember the name), it’s going to get crazy. (More so if she was on the latter than the former.)

Comment by Jamie's FanGirl – May 12, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aimee was the standout character on TRAUMA last year…Didn’t see OFF THE MAP… but I think she’s going to be a great fit on the show. Good for her.

Comment by Traumatic – May 12, 2011 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aimee was on Off the Map? I don’t remember her on there at all! But she was great in Trauma!

Comment by Kimmie – May 12, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she dated tommy (zach gilford) i think her name was Alma or something

Comment by Mafalda – May 13, 2011 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she played the native that Plastics dated for a while…

Comment by Jay – May 12, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How bizarre – I remember all of last season there was so much suspense built about around the Irish nanny; everyone found her really enigmatic and thought she had some big dark secret when in fact she was just…a nanny.

Comment by Nat – May 13, 2011 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i know! i hope they come with something awesome for her departure or else it was a big waste

Comment by Mafalda – May 13, 2011 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 5 was such a disappointment(beacause of LUMEN). I hope this time Showtime will not repeat the mistake.

Comment by Meera – May 19, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Dokes coming back to Kill Dexter?

Comment by Jon Shih – July 22, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post