Will Breaking In Steal Back Its Spot On Fox?

Those slippery snakes on Fox’s freshly canceled Breaking In just might elude termination after all.

Though Fox gave the midseason comedy — as well as Lie To Me, Human Target, The Chicago Code and Traffic Lightthe hook earlier this week, TVLine sister site Deadline is hearing that the network is in talks with production studio Sony Pictures TV about ways to keep the workplace sitcom around come fall.

Were the Christian Slater-fronted series to dodge this latest bullet, it’d mark the second time it has cheated death, seeing as Fox originally passed on the pilot a year ago.

Fall Preview: TVLine’s Guide to What’s New

With its most recent outing, Breaking In brought in a few more viewers (totaling 7.65 million) but dipped a bit in the demo (to a 2.4). Its season finale is set to air next Wednesday.

No official decision on Breaking In‘s fate is expected until Fox holds its 2011 upfronts event on Monday.

1. Nikki says:

Love this show! Please reconsider. I watch it every week.

2. jschro155 says:

Lets show FOX what we think about cancelling The Chicago Code! Help get everyone you know to watch the final episodes. http://on.fb.me/jsyZwS

3. Crystal says:

This would make my year! If any Fox execs see this, please save this show! Breaking In is quickly becoming my favorite comedy.

4. D. Marie says:

SAVE THIS SHOW! Facebook has a petition (or several, as I understand) going right now. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Breaking-In/221504511194008

5. Garnet_and_Gold47 says:

Bring it back!!!! It’s so funny and the chemistry is great! Such a good show :D

6. Buddy says:

Save Human Target!!!! Give it another chance Mr. Fox … please.

7. Melody says:

This was my favorite mid-season show and I was irritated that it was canceled before it really had a chance to find its stride. I hope something is worked out because I quite enjoy the show. Slater should have done TV comedy long ago.

8. Amber S says:

I would rather Lie to Me be saved over any of the others!

9. claire says:

7 million?! 7 f***ing million and they cancel it?! Wa?!

10. Ali says:

I love Breaking In!!! Please save it, it deserves a shot. The show will just get better and people will watch it just give it a chance. I cancel my other dvr shows to make sure I get BI recorded.

11. Deena says:

I don’t think there is another show on TV that makes me laugh as much as this one does. The Goonies episode almost had me in tears. What is wrong with FOX? Give the show a chance! Even Seinfeld needed a season to get going and become popular.

12. Brock says:

It’s quirky, kooky and fun. Pair it with HOPE asap!

13. labrynth says:

This show is too awesome to not save! It is hilarious, well cast and has awesome old school references……That and I would watch Slater even if he was only reading a phone book.