Scoop: Why Bones Killed a 'Beloved' Character

[The following story contains a major spoiler from this Thursday's episode of Fox's Bones.]

Here’s a fun little factoid: Did you know that there are at least 17 TV characters dying during this May sweeps period? And on this week’s Bones, one of those ill-fated folks met their end when – spoiler alert – former sniper Broadsky took out factoid-spouting squintern Vincent Nigel Murray (played by Ryan Cartwright) with a bullet intended for Booth.

As Booth desperately tried to put pressure on the bleeding wound and Brennan admitted that Vincent was her favorite, the lab rat begged “the universe” to let him stay. Alas, his time in the Bones universe came to an end.

The decision to kill off Vincent was in part a practical one influenced by the fact that Cartwright’s Syfy pilot, Alphas, got picked up to series. “The truth is he got a job,” series creator Hart Hanson explained at a Paley Center panel for the show, held earlier this week. “We knew [his exit] would happen before the end of this season, so the story has been in the works for a while. We knew that one of our squints, who are [played by] very, very talented actors, would get a job.”

The Jeffersonian assistant’s offing was also designed to give Bones viewers a punch in the gut. (Not to mention, it led Booth and Brennan into bed together, to do… something!) “He’s a well-beloved character… probably the favorite squint of the audience,” Hanson posited, “so we decided to kill him for the heartbreak.”

Well, consider Mission: Heartbreak accomplished. Even the Fox series’ cast found themselves wrecked by the loss. “Vincent is such a sweet character,” said Emily Deschanel, who shared that filming the death scene was “emotional.” “It’s just so heartbreaking. You love the character. You love the actor. I think he’s so talented.”

Did you predict that Vincent would be the one to die? Will you miss him? What did you think of his final scene?

1. Mary says:

So sad with the death of Vincent. I am excited to find out for sure what happened with B&B!

• MJ says:

Totally on both counts. I just hope they don’t tell us that they kissed and/or had sex and NOT GIVE US A FLASHBACK! I have this terrible feeling that B&B broke the laws of physics and all we’ll get is referencing and NOT SEE! They have to show us!

• sasshh says:

totally agree with u MJ they have to show what happened between B&B. After waiting 6 years for them to get together it cant just be left like this! great episode though cant wait for the finale!

• Lauren says:

Totally agree. There is no way they DIDN’T hook up, that smile on Bones’ face could not mean anything else, and we deserve to see flashbacks.

• loli says:

that’s going to have to be some crafty camera work to hide emily’s pregnancy during the ‘flashback’. maybe they’ll wait a year before showing us what really happened.

• Maria Jose says:

I don’t think so, they have body doubles for that,it’s called movie magic for a reason, I agree with all of you,those BFF looks between Ange and Bones were all “I can’t believe you had sex with Booth! I’m so happy for you!”..sorta…..I really hope they show something at least as good (as far as “action” goes) as the final ep on season 4!!!

Goood!! Is it may 19th yet???

• Paul Brockway says:

How can they call him a beloved Character? None of the people brought in to replace ” Zach” were beloved by anyone I know. Everybody I know Is still pissed that they got rid of Zach. Bring Zach back!!!! Zach & Hoggins made the whole show!!!

• Tiffany says:

I agree that Zack was the epitome of awesome, but I will admit I cried when Vincent begged Bones/the Universe to stay alive. I LOVED him (especially the fake club bit where he was the cool DJ…) and I for one shall miss him terribly.

I mean, c’mon. He’s not nearly as annoying as Daisy…

2. Jenna V says:

I predicted it. Once you said it wasn’t a main character, I was no longer worried about Sweets or Cam dying and I knew he was the squint of the week so it was pretty easy to figure out.
    Didn’t make his death any less painful though. I cried maybe 4 or 5 times during the episdode!

• Taylor Geary says:

I didn’t predict it at all and it made the episode all that much better. I do like reading ahead of time that someone is going to die or get pregnant or leave a show, but I don’t read so much that it’s ruined for me. There’s no fun in “guessing it” ahead of time, that ruins television. The same thing is going to happen on Castle, but I want it to be a surprise. Anyway, it was really sad, but not as lasting as when Zack died.

• cjinsd says:

Zach didn’t die.

• Melody says:

Zack’s in a mental facility. I’d love to see him guest again sometime.

• alex says:

not to be a pain but how did you know it made it better? Did you experience it once and then go back in time and experience it again with knowing the second time and keep a log of it? Or did you have a graph that showed each person experienced it better? No? Okay, then. It’s not “better.”

• Maryb says:

Really, Alex … Really? What has got you so torqued up?

@Taylor Geary: I understand what you mean by better because I feel the same way, too. Frankly, I would prefer to not know if someone is going to die in a particular episode. The not knowing makes it all the more shocking.

• AcuraT says:

I said in an earlier post when it was said a “loved” character was going to die it was going to be one of the assistant’s to Bones or her father played by Ryan O’Neal. Since O’Neal was not in the episode, I figured when it started it was going to be Vincent – I guess I was right. Did not surprise me in the least. Still, did not like it.

If you look at my comment under “Bones Cast, Producers Talk about Sex, Death, Baby Drama and (Gulp) The End,” you will find this exact quote.

3. Corinne says:

So grateful it wasn’t Caroline as I feared it would be, but why couldn’t it have been Daisy. VNM was my favorite of the squintern to Dr. Brennan.

• Melody says:

I agree, I wanted it to be Daisy but once I heard the phrase “popular character” that pretty much ruled her out. Vincent wasn’t my fav squintern, but it was always funny and a pleasure to watch on screen. I’m excited for his opportunity to be on Alphas I hope it works out for him.

• Diane says:

I wish it was Daisy,too.She’s so annoying.I really wish they’d bring Zack back.He was such asweet character and I miss him.

• Steviecat says:

I totally agree with you. The first thing I thought was why couldn’t it have been Daisy, the most annoying of them all.

• Jackie says:

It not being Daisy does allow for the natural progression of Sweats breaking up with Daisy and getting with the cute FBI girl. As opposed the Sweats being torn up about Daisy dying.

• Lay says:

ok, I can’t for the life of me think of who Caroline is. I am addicted to this show and watch it all the time, but I can’t think of who she is. It’s driving me quite crazy, could someone please, please help me out here?!?!?!?!?!?!?

4. Amanda C. says:

Do you predict that Vincent would be the one to die? Yep.

Will you miss him? Definitely. He’s always been my favorite squintern. :'(

What did you think of his final scene? Heart-crushing.

5. ScarletBegonia says:

As soon as I saw the trailer for Alphas on SyFy, I knew Mr. Nigel Murray would be the one to die!

• darclyte says:

Here too. I had originally thought that it’d be Caroline, but since he’s on Alphas I figured that he’d be a goner. Unlike the squintern who was in Avatar, a movie is not the same as a series in terms of time commitment. The moment he burst into the restaurant at the beginning, I knew that I was right. Bummer. On a brighter note, I do hope that Tina who played the other FBI agent will become a regular.

• M says:

I like Tina too. I hope that she can be Boothge’s protege, Brennan has a host of interns, Boothe needs someone to mentor too. BTW, I just love when Booth is in his sniper mode. I am really going to miss Mr. Vincent Nigel-Murray. He was my favorite squintern.

• Selbs says:

Oh, you’re so right about Tina. I love the character and she was great on Big Love too. What a great bit of casting and what great potential! As for Victor, what a great episode! Was hysterically crying throughout the death scene. Both written and acted beautifully. Should win an Emmy for episodic writing, but Emmy seldom honors off-beat shows, and Bones is so far from being ordinary. Kudos to Bones!

• Liz says:

I might be waaaay out there, but I think there are sparks between Sweets and Tina. I like Daisy but I think it’s time for a change for Sweets. Please HH!

• Mary says:

I liked Tina, too. Then toward the end I was suspicious that she might be working with Brodsky. When she wasn’t, I started to like her again. I’m wondering this with Tina and her personality type … if/when Booth and Brennan get “together” and it (possibly) lightens up Brennan’s personality, will Tina take her place in that department? Did anyone follow that????

6. Abby says:

I am very sad to see Mr. NM go! He was such a great squintern once we learned his factoids were a nervous habit. But I would rather see him go than a series regular or some of the other recurring characters, like Caroline, Max, or Wendell (my personal fav squintern). I like how they foreshadowed it when he said ” I am going to be dead soon”. I can’t wait to see Alphas with him in it!

7. JG says:

I totally called it. I just couldn’t see any of the main MAIN characters go away that quickly. So said for Vincent, he will be missed. I want to know about B&B too! I would sooo love if they did and she got pregnant! weeeeee

8. D says:

Although I didn’t like Mr. Nigel-Murray, his death was still hard to watch. He didn’t deserve to die.
    As for Booth and Brennan, I don’t know what to think. The looks and the smiles Brennan and Angela exchanged after Angela asked her what had happened when she crawled into Booth’s bed can only mean one thing but, I don’t think that thing happen just yet. I think they just slept together and nothing else happened, unless their understanding that they feel good and belong in each others arms forever. And now we wait… and wait… and wait… … … … I don’t know how long, to see them as a REAL couple.

• D says:

I always said Mr. VNM would be the one to die, mainly because he was not my favorite squintern. Looks like I was right.

• Corinne says:

I loved how Angela started yelling at Hodgins to get out of the lab so Brennan could keep on dishin out what went down. I also think it was just sleep, but considering the smile of Brennan’s face, I think she was very happy about it.

• M says:

I agree with you about B&B, I don’t think that they did the deed just yet. My reason is that knwoing Boothe, he would have been a tad more loving towards her adfterwards, but I noticed that Brennan was the one doing the smiling, giving the long stares and hand holding. I think that this is the turning point of the relationship though in the sense that Brennan is finally ready to commit to a loving relationship and her sharing a bed with Booth is indicative of the fact that she can do that comfortably without the intent to have sex. Its basically eye-opening for her. What I would hate though if next week, the writers still kept up this charade of having them pretend that nothing has changed and not even try to talk about their feelings and where they want to take the relationship. If they closed the season without some sort of a discussion, I am so done.

• Gray says:

I take counter to your position based on how this show is known for body language ala Sweets. On Vincent, good death scene and sincere in begging to the “universe” not wanting to go. On Booth and Brennan, yes hey did based on the fact that Booth never really turned off his feeling for her in previous storytelling. When she rejected him, he was damaged and did the rebound thing with someone who was not in sync with what Booth & Brennan have. Grief is always a conduit to death sex. There is a hypothesis floating out there that sex during or after funerals are prevalent to take their minds off the recently departed. Brennan was in need and Booth found his opportunity had finally arrived. Now the question remains and it is still open as to whether they will write her pregnancy into the script? They still have plenty of story to mine as this shouldn’t be they “jump the shark” moment. They can easily milk out the dynamic of these two emotions especially Brennan who of late has started to question ho she is perceived by others about her feelings.

And finally, if the new agent becomes a regular, will she become the new interest for Sweet>

• Ays says:

I don’t think it was anything more than sleeping and holding one another. It was simply the moment where she lost the last of her imperviousness and he lost the last of his anger. Someone who is crying is not impervious, and when there is a beautiful woman in tears needing comfort, how can one be angry?

• Maria Jose says:

Brilliant comment, I totally agree, I was just rethinking that imperviousness and angry subplot,I am a big B&B shipper,and I want them to have sex and get married and have kids waaaay down the line, but if all they did was sleep and hold for them both to take a step forward, I’ll be so glad :) and I’ll be sure to tune in for season 7!!

• Tiffany says:

I don’t know…Booth has always been the honorable one, and to take advantage of Brennan’s pain (even if he himself were mourning) just seems so unBooth-like. You know what I mean?

• D says:

“I think they just slept together and nothing else happened”
      I thought this, last week when I left the comment above! I couldn’t be more wrong, I never thought they would write ED’s pregnancy into the show because they had just had Angela pregnant through the entire 6th season. But Booth and Brennan “did it” and she got pregnant. Now I am too curious about what is going to happen on season 7. How Temperance’s pregnancy will affect her job, her relationship with Booth, how will their friends react to all of this. I just want September to come fast.

9. Vicky says:

I cried almost from beginning to end.

10. Laura says:

I guessed it would be Vincent, though I had a few moments where I was worried about Sweets (kept questioning whether he was officially a regular or not). Great scene, heartbreaking – even though I knew it was coming, the scene itself was still surprising and very difficult to watch. Wendell is my favorite intern, but Vincent is the second, and I loved his scenes tonight. I found this much better than the NCIS episode this week, which had tons of buildup but was not very emotional or surprising to me.

11. boidiva02 says:

I liked Vincent a lot, but no way was he my favorite of the squinterns. That to me would be the one and only Dell.

12. dede says:

omg that eps was really good and really sad. i started to cry when he kept saying “i dont want to leave” it was sad. when Bones cries she cries good and i didnt want him to die at all he was one of my favorites. but it was really good

13. Cat says:

I will miss Vincent! I loved all his factoids! He was hysterical! His delivery of the factoids was so dry and spot on, to me, they made the episode.
    I always looked forward and loved his episodes. The actor is so talented and I am going to miss him. I was genuinely worried it was going to be Sweets for awhile. I am going to miss VNM and I was always hoping he would get the job as the new intern. I am going to miss my favorite squintern. The rotation will not be the same without him! I will definitely be checking out Alphas!

• M says:

I also though for a hot second that oh, no, it’ll be Sweets, especially when he was sitting at Their spot, making it all the more heartbreaking. That scene/ montage with Broadsky and Angela et al, was nerveracking to watch because even though it had been spoiled that VNM was going to die, I hated having to see him go out that way because he really was my absolutely favorite intern.

14. I didn’t think he was going to be the one killed but it was really sad, his scene had me crying. He wasn’t my favorite squintern but I still liked his trivia facts :)

15. boidiva02 says:

Sorry, Wendell, not Dell. I always get his name wrong. The cute blonde guy that Angela once dated/slept with.

16. dede says:

but Zack is still my favorite still :)

17. Autumn says:

I cried. I kept thinking they were going to trick us and kill off Sweets, but when Vincent got shot and kept saying he didn’t want to leave.Ugh. Then Bones telling him he was her favorite, I just lost it. As for Booth and Bones tonight… ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! That is all I have to say.

18. Lupe says:

I Loved Mr Muarry. :'(RIP Buddy <3 his trivia facts his Dino were like AWESOME! The "I don't want to leave please don't let me go" D: Way to make people cry. I hope the bad guy dies a death and hope the baby is named Vincent! :) CA TIME its now on woo.

19. Anna says:

When I heard about his other show, I figured it.

20. Jon says:

As much as I used to love this show, I just can’t seem to rouse any emotion about this.

Mr. Nigel Murray was my favorite of the squinterns, but the show has let down all of its characters in the last two seasons. The writing has been so poor that where once were characters are inconsistent collections of whatever attributes the writers need in a particular week.

I pop back in every so often to see if the show has gotten better. My last attempts were for the “Finder” back door pilot and the episode written by Daly and his writing partner. Daly’s episode continued the the writing trend and violated the character integrity of Mr. Nigel Murray multiple times in the episode to the point that I could no longer care about him as a character so long as it was obvious that the production team behind the show did not either.

So long, Mr. Nigel Murray. Your deaths were the death knell in what little remaining interest I had in Bones.

Here’s hoping Alphas works out, because Cartwright deserves better.

• Liz says:

“Inconsistent” may be the exact word I was looking for. The death was heartbreaking and the actor did a great job, but some of the post-death reactions just didn’t ring true to me. I know the squinterns don’t spend as much time with the main characters, but it happened right in the lab! I love the main cast but compared to tragic events of past seasons it felt like they were phoning this one in (not sure if that was the writers’ fault or the actors’ fault). I loved the dueling snipers part, though.

21. C says:

My least fave squint is gone so I’m cool with that. He did a nice death scene, though.

I’m so sick of these teaser scenes. JUST SHOW IT ALREADY AND MOVE ON. Just ugh.

22. Joe says:

What was that song/ditty/whatever they they were reciting/singing while putting the casket into the hearse? It sounded interesting. I remember some of it as “put the lime in the coconut” was all I could comprehend.
    Someone please e-mail me with the whole text of the ditty, please.

23. Peter Moore says:

VNM confession subplot was grating beyond belief, the awkwardy smarm factor reached a fever pitch that episode. Now he’s a sacrificial lamb, having breathed life back in the series. (side bar: Glad it wasnt Daisy! loved her as Daisy in Californication, odd parallels beyond the name).

24. Daniel says:

My prediction is that they did sleep together and perhaps this is how Emily’s pregnancy is been writen into the show, that her and booth have a baby ???

• loli says:

they are not writing emily’s pregnancy into the show. talk about cancellation central. lets go from dead bodies and crime solving every week to two couples with newborns!!! that would ruin the whole show.

• Ays says:

I don’t get why people think it’s going to be written in. She’s about halfway through her pregnancy now, and it’s the end of the season. By the time the summer hiatus is up and they start filming again, she will be at near-term or have had the baby. For them to write it into the show would require another large time jump or for her to wear the pregnancy suits “Angela” has been wearing all this season. They don’t have the scripts to film over the summer yet because the S7 pickup came so late.

25. DA77 says:

Poor choice on the part of the writers. I was losing interest in this weekly Toyota commercial, oops, show, and this was the last straw. His character shouldn’t have been killed off, so when his new show bombs like most do he could come back.

26. andrea says:

I was in tears at tonight’s show, I cried from the time Vincent got shot until the end. He was easily my favorite squint, and his death was a shocking turn. I’m glad it wasn’t just a short few moments, he needed a longer death scene, and he got a poignant moment with Bones. I will really, really miss him on the show, but I guess I can always watch his new syfy series if I need him more.

27. Garnet_and_Gold47 says:

Though Mr. Nigel-Murray wasn’t my favorite squintern, it was so sad to see him go. :( I cried. I hate seeing any non-formulaic character being killed off of any show. But congrats go to Mr. Cartwright for his new job.

28. Billy says:

I knew it was always gonna be a squintern, and as soon as I saw VNM I knew it was gonna be him.

Although I wish it would have been squitern Colin Fisher, he had a good run, but I think his character is soo over and done with…

29. Melody says:

I prepared myself ahead of time, I even predicted who was going to die, and yet I still cried. It was a fantastic episode, I just wish Broadsky had actually died. I’m liking Tina Majorino and I’m hoping we’ll see more of her in the future.

30. Billl says:

For a while, I thought it was going to be Tina Majoram’s FBI agent as a payback for her spying at the cemetery. Well RIP Mr. Nigel-Murray.

31. Manie says:

I knew they would be killing a recurring role, but I wailed a huge “Noooo” when I saw Vincent. I was like “Why the cute one with the gorgeous and sexy British accent?!” He was my favorite of the lot… Sad to see him go and did I cried or what… I was very glad to have a box of tissues beside me.

32. k says:

My favourite squintern ever! I will miss him terribly, Congrats to Ryan Cartwright though for the series pick up of his pilot, he is so very talented and entertaining.

33. Tracie says:

I was pretty sure it would be VNM, and ESPECIALLY with the blatant foreshadowing! With his line “I feel I’m going to be dead soon…” I was sitting there thinking… you have no idea….

34. Liz says:

NOOOO!!! How could they do that!!! He was my favorite!!

35. Natalie says:

I just watched the Season finale of season 4 again.
    And I just couldn’t believe my eyes…
    In the very first scene we see an alarm clock showing also 4:47!!! like in this episode (6×22)and then we have “Brennan” crawling into bed with “Booth” and having sex!!!
    Anyone see the resemblance. Maybe it’s just my imagination but for me that setting in 6×22 was totally a hint that they really had sex this time!

• KCatty says:

Nice catch!

• Allyson says:

hmm…that’s a really interesting parallel. You might be on to something. :)

• Jen says:

The 4:47 has come up a few times, most notably in the season 5 finale on a clock in the hoarder’s apartment. It’s also popped up this season (on the countdown clock Cam started in the Valentines episode). Personally, I think it’s just a hint, but no indication that they had sex. Maybe the start of a real relationship, though.

• Maria Jose says:

Yep,totally noticed it, I went twitter crazy after that….I think it’s definitely a confirmation,but we have to wait for may 19th!!! I just hope they do AT LEAST a flashback of some sort,cos just saying it or hinting it won’t do for hardcore B&B shippers like me!! :)

36. Christina says:

I had a feeling it would be VNM from the opening scene. It was sad watching knowing it was going to be him. As for what happened between Booth & Bones in bed, I’m guessing not much.

37. Diane says:

To the producers of Bones-PLEASE bring back the Zack character.He’s been gone long enough.The best part of the season finally with the dream ending was having Zack on it.

38. Matt says:

Kudos on avoiding a spoiler image. Much appreciated, TV Line.

I like VNM, but he hasn’t been my favorite. I feel like we haven’t gotten to know him quite as much as some of the others. That said, he was a very memorable character, and I’ll miss the random spouting of facts.

The sendoff from the Jeffersonian crew at the end was awesome. A shame he and Sweets couldn’t have bonded over Lime & The Coconut while he was still alive.

• Delle says:

I think it was a nice touch that Sweets didn’t find out about their shared interest until too late. Who hasn’t had that experience? It’s another reminder that life is unpredictable and we shouldn’t take familiarity to mean we know someone. I wish it had been anyone but Mr. Nigel Murray. There isn’t another sqintern as interesting and he had room for personal growth. But what a great scene! He was heartbreaking! On another subject, if we never see Zack again it’s alright with me. And wasn’t Bones’ shy smile just adorable!

39. Erin says:

He wasn’t my favorite squintern, but my he wasn’t my least favorite. ;) I am sad to see him go—I found his fact spouting amusing. :)

I think it was an excellent Bones overall. I’m happy that *something* happened between B&B (even though we don’t know what exactly).

Can someone tell me what happened at the end when Brennan went to put her arm through/around Booth’s? My DVR cut off (thanks , AI). So I just saw her reach for him.

• Dawn says:

That was pretty much it…she put his arm in his, Angela looked over and smiled and they walked back inside the building. Oh, Bones kind of put her head on Booth’s shoulder as they walked back in.

40. Nick says:

What a lame episode. That was not a main character, and I really could have cared less.

41. Bob says:

Called this one a couple of weeks ago. You could see it coming from a mile away. Even before they announced it wasn’t one of the main characters, you knew it wasn’t one of the main characters. After that, just a simple check of the episode cast list pointed right to Mr. Nigel-Murray. They even tried to throw you off by focusing on the FBI Special Agent Shaw.

42. CAM says:

HEARTBREAKING! I loved VNM, he was by far my favorite squint. I knew it would be him if it was a squint, but was worried it could also be Cariline. Once I saw Booth, Brennan and my dear Mr. Nigel in the lab together I knew for sure. Loved the character, and have to admit the scene was amazing.

43. Lyn says:

Can’t believe how lame this was! Totally mystified as to how the demise of an infrequent rotating character, whose name most people didn’t know and who was pretty much interchangeable with any other intern, could possibly be termed “heartbreaking.” Well, I do slightly favor one intern over the others — the depressed one — so I’m slightly glad that at least it wasn’t him.

44. Steviecat says:

I was both shocked and upset. First they get rid of Zak Addy and then Mr. Nigel Murray. I am almost embarrassed to say that I cried through the whole episode and was so upset. He was my favorite character on Bones. But after reading this article and seeing why they killed him off (“because he got a regular job” on his own series”), I’m of a different mind set now. I’m happy for him as an actor and I also think this made for a particularly heart breaking episode, so at the end of the day, it was a brilliant move. But it still upset me. So I guess they all did a good job.

45. Cindy says:

He wasn’t my favorite, but I was impressed with his death scene. Besides, doesn’t he have to get back to Avatar 2?

46. M says:

Farewell Mr. Nigel-Murray. He was my very favorite squint. I adored him, they really didn’t have to kill him.

47. Mimi says:

i was pretty sure it was vincent but it was still so so so sad.
    about booth/brennan, i was actually happy about the scene, as it was so emotional and amazing, booth hugging brennan and i don’t think they had sex, i realyl think they just realized that was it. and they have time to get physical with each other, right now it was on a emotional level. and the scene in the end, with the ‘hand holding’ and the angela smile… yeeeah. there’s so getting together.

• Amy says:

I agree. I think it was mostly them coming to an agreement that they are both ready for a real relationship. I loved the last moments even though it would have been nice for a little more rock solid evidence. The looks – especially Angela’s – said it all. I laughed so hard when Angela yelled at Hodgins to get out. I think us as an audience were yelling a bit too. Thanks for a moment to laugh in a sad episode. Sad to see Mr. Nigel Murray go!

48. M says:

Now, don’t hate me too much for saying this, but I am hoping that they bring back Hannah for one final episode, maybe in th finale, where she comes trying to win back Boothe and he tells her that ending their relationship was the right decision because him and Brenna are finally going to be together and if she didn’t say no, they wouldn’t have reached that point. I personally would love that especially in light of the fact that Hannah and Boothe broke up not because he wasn’t happy with her or he wanted Brennan more, but because Hannah didn’t want to get married. Now this would give Boothe a chance to make it clear that he is now choosing to be with Brennan over Hannah, I mean we all know that Boothe is still in love with her even when he was probably still seeing Hannah, but it would be nice to get it out there in the show.

• Jenn says:

M, I hadn’t thought of this before, but they should so do it! They need a “Booth picking Brennan over all” moment.

• Maria Jose says:

I agree,and I hadn’t thought of that…but next time, it’s “Booth” without the e….I thought it was a typo but you kept repeating it…sorry for bringing it up

49. Jenn says:

I was having a full blown panic attack as they were zooming from character to character as the he set up his sniper. I know they said it wasn’t a regular, but for some reason I was still really scared about Sweets. I was also scared he was going to shoot someone else too, but they wouldn’t die (mainly scared Angela would lose the baby).

I wish they picked a better song to sing at the end. I get that it had to be a happy song, but that song is just annoying and it ruined the moment.

I hope B&B didn’t do the deed. That needs to be a major event. Not a hidden one.

Laughed out loud when Angela was telling Hodgins to leave.

50. Maggie says:

VNM was a heartbreak. I was afraid, before the episode, that it might be Caroline who got shot (that just would have been AWFUL), but I absolutely thought it was so very well done.

As to the “mystery” of wether or not B/B did the do…Dude. They TOTALLY did. The 4:47 on the clock? The smiles? And I think it was done perfectly. We’ve had six years of buildup. This is not some tawdry exercise in satisfaction. These people care about each other, and have had to get past barrier after barrier…I love the way it was done. It was right.