Exclusive

Two and a Half Men Shocker: Hugh Grant to Replace Charlie Sheen?

It’s long been reported that Two and a Half Men was going after a big name to replace Charlie Sheen next season, and now, thanks to TVLine’s sister site, Deadline.com, we know who it is: Hugh Grant!

Well, make that “who it was.” According to Deadline’s Nikki Finke, the deal — which would’ve paid the former matinee idol a cool $1 million per episode — fell through yesterday over creative differences. Mind you, that doesn’t mean that negotiations are completely dead necessarily. But it doesn’t look good.

Would you have watched Men with Grant as its leading man? Got another actor in mind to fill Sheen’s shoes? Let rip below. If CBS execs want to announce its fired lead’s replacement at next week’s upfronts, they needs all the help it can get!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. liam zed says:

instead of cbs losing money on remaking another horrible season of two and a half men. It should funnel that money into creating a new comedy with Grant. Why waste money when moneys scarce? Think about it cbs is taking a huge risk on a dying show when it could take a chance on creating better show with better writing, smaller budget, and better actors lol. Not like i care but being a screenwriter myself ots a shame to allow such an on going piece of garbage like two and a half men exist when something awesome could be created. Not like i watch cbs considering hbo is so much better!

2. Untitled says:

Hell yeah I would….he should have show even if it isn’t two and a half men

3. Murdoc 26 says:

i’d prefer to see Hugh Jackman,Robert Downey Jr or Dennis Leary as Charlie Harper,that’s my thought

• Cindy says:

I don’t agree with a re-cast. Kill Charlie off, he gets hit by a beer truck on the PCH…it’s not fair to another actor to come into the same role, create a new character for the replacement.

4. SMALLVILLE says:

Christian Slater is available now. LOL.

• Belle says:

What?? They already cancelled his sitcom on Fox? Geez, I was loving that show…it had potential, why don’t they give shows more time to catch on and make them better? Look at Seinfeld it sucked for a year until they found it’s groove and then it became a mega hit!

5. Angela L. says:

GOOD GRIEF CBS IT’S SO OBVIOUS!!!
    ANDREW McCARTHY!!!
    ANDREW McCARTHY!!!
    ANDREW McCARTHY!!!
    ANDREW McCARTHY!!!
    ANDREW McCARTHY!!!
    ANDREW McCARTHY!!!
    HEEELLOOOO??!!!! Blaine and Duckie!!
    YES I’M YELLING!!

• jinx says:

OMG — That is such a great idea!! I just watched PIP at a midnite showing. The pairing would make Jon stronger and conchata giggly girly — it would be hilarious. Do it CBS! BTW, the midnite movie was packed with a line out the door…

6. val says:

First off I have always thought that the funniest person on the show is Jake….Charlie always has been a moron that’s not particularly funny anyway. I think they should bring on some man candy to replace ol’ washed up charlie sheen….maybe someone like Jay Mohr….who is always HILARIOUS!

7. Shay says:

I honestly liked Charlie sheen in this show. However. I can’t stand him now. His constant public ridiculous act is getting old. I wouldn’t mind seeing Hugh grant in this show. I wish tv would bring back some shows that deserve to be on the air though.

8. Stevie says:

Why ‘haters’ should rhey axe a show which had such ridiculously high ratings and followers??? Because u didn’t like it??? I don’t think so! I am a true follower and fan of t&hm and I am itching for the next episode! However Only if the show includes Charlie, Charlie made the show, we all tuned in for hI’m, put in Hugh grant and it would be instant road kill! Bring back Charlie!!!

9. i like the show says:

I would support a campaign for Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall to be integrated into the show somehow. Throw in a few guest appearances from Rob Lowe, Judd Nelson, Roberty Downey Jr and Demi Moore and we could really work with something!

10. Cindy says:

While I grew tired of Charlie’s antics on and off screen years ago…I think Will Arnett would make a nice addition. Kill the Charlie character by him getting hit by a beer truck, Will could be the Oscar Madison to Jon’s Felix Unger :)

Bring in a young cute kid to play a son Charlie never knew he had…they have been missing that dynamic since the Jake character aged.

11. Fan says:

Hugh Grant would have been an excellent choice. I would have watched.

12. Mikey says:

**To all those who hated or never watched the show – SHUT UP!!! ***
    (I am sick to death of comments from people who don’t watch a show)
    Sorry, but I loved 2 & 1/2 Men AND Charlie Sheen. From day one!! This was a laugh-out loud show; loved the double entendre and snarky comments from ‘Mom’ & Berta! (Love Conchata Ferrell – have since Hot L Baltimore) I just can’t see anyone other than Charlie Sheen – if you change the casting, then it’s not going to be the same show. Alan isn’t going to have the same relationship with someone who is NOT his brother, Holland Taylor would become obsolete….it would just be a completely different show. I really thought the show was in the process of being phased out with the introduction of Chelsea and Jake growing up (‘cuz really, he’s now just an obnoxiously STUPID teenager)…but somewhere tPTB obviously decided to keep the show going….and didn’t THAT backfire! At this point, cancel the show move on.

13. oliem says:

i don’t know why is it a big deal that sheen left the show as there are many many actors who can be better than him in that character in the first place . owen wilson and ryan reynolds to name a few !!!

14. Sara says:

What about Bradley Whitford? He was hilarious in The Good Guys.

15. Bob says:

Greedy, greedy, greedy people. What will they try next to keep the Golden Goose alive? Sorry, but it’s time to pull the plug. The show has been brain dead for a while.

16. Marlowe says:

I love Two and a Half Men, I didn’t think it was dead.
    But I think they should stop. No one can replace Charlie Sheen.
    It would just be weird.

17. Rick says:

I think the Stiffmeister (Sean William Scott) from American Pie would be a natural replacement…..of course heard he was detoxing somewhere…for you people who think the show is no longer funny…I disagree

18. gt says:

Tom Selleck and Hugh Grant: Two and a Half Men About Boy and a Baby

19. Crowy says:

Just end the show. you cant replace Charlie Sheen with ANYONE and make it work. Sheen is a legend

20. Lois says:

Hugh Grant would have been a great addition to the show.
    But it looks like it’s going to be the untalented Ashton Kutcher. Why does he keep getting work? Twitter followers don’t mean that they’ll watch him on TV. They don’t go to see his movies.

21. imelda says:

if hugh grant were to take the place of charlie sheen, i will definitely watch 2 1/2 men. hugh grant is very very funny; he is one of the best comedian ever. he is a natural. i will watch the show if he replaces sheen. however, the writers should not be too disrespectful of charlie & jon’s mom. some prior episodes just showed the bad character of the writers, which they manifested in their writings. i wonder if they were the mom if they enjoy their children being disrespectful to them………… if someone else replaces sheen, i will not watch the show. only hugh grant can take sheen’s place; even more.

22. Debbie Lang says:

Are you kidding I really love that show and there is no other Charlie Charlie Harper is Charlie Sheen! Bring back Charlie Sheen!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

23. ericia says:

Cancel it because its been on long enough! No Charlie no two in a half man! Just come up with another sitcom!

24. bonnie says:

I AM VERY UPSET CHARLIE IS LEAVING I LIVE FOR THIS SHOW!!!I LOVE IT I WATCH IT EVERYDAY….

25. I dont disagree with you.

26. Thankfully some bloggers can write. Thanks for this blog!

27. It is well known that 70-648 exam test is the hot exam of Microsoft certification.
    Our 220-701 Exam will provide you with exam questions and explanations with verified answers that reflect the actual exam.
    Cisco 642-165 exam is well known as CCNA examination.

28. Fine way of describing, and fastidious post to get information regarding
    my presentation subject matter, which i am going to present in institution of higher education.

29. With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation?
    My blog has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it appears a
    lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization.
    Do you know any methods to help reduce content from being ripped
    off? I’d really appreciate it.

30. Does your website have a contact page? I’m having
    a tough time locating it but, I’d like to send you an e-mail.
    I’ve got some suggestions for your blog you might
    be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.