Exclusive

Fringe Exclusive: Seth Gabel Returning Full-Time

Looks like someone’s going to take advantage of that fancy new “bridge” between universes next season on Fringe — and that someone is Seth Gabel!

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the actor — who has recurred the last two seasons as Bolivia’s “Over There” colleague, Lincoln Lee — will return in Season 4 as a full-fledged series regular.

Fringe Finale Exclusive: WTF Just Happened?! Producers Answer (Some) Burning Questions!

In a March episode, viewers finally met Linc’s “Over Here” doppelganger — a mild-mannered FBI desk jockey. But I think it’s safe to say it’s the immensely popular alt-Linc who will be the version we see more of come fall.

This marks Gabel’s first full-time series gig since he starred as silver-spooned brat Jeremy Darling on ABC’s Dirty Sexy Money.

Fringe Spoiler: New Intel on The Top-Secret ‘Bridge’

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Fringe fans will greet this news with open and loving arms. Feel free to back me up on that in the comments.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Justine says:

Thank you for the news! I love Lincoln – both of them actually;)

2. Elin says:

OHHH I’m so happy, I love him. He’s my favorite :D

3. brown sugar says:

Seth is a likable actor, but he’s no Kirk Acevedo. I guess Kirk wasn’t available for the regular spot. Anyway, it’s a shame they kicked Peter out of the show to put Lincoln in his place, but Olivia needs a new love interest. Any spoilers on Joshua Jackson’s role in the show?

4. hello says:

Peter’s replacement?
    I’d better not be!

5. jenn says:

I love alt-Lincoln (!!) and I was hoping this season that we were going to see more than just one episode of ‘our’-nerdy-Lincoln. And now hopefully WE GET MORE OF BOTH. Congrats to Seth! And Fringe! And Fox! And US!

Maybe Peter will somehow take control of our-Lincoln the same way Belly took control of our-Olivia….

6. Mad says:

Maybe a big percentage of the viewers are teenagers

• brown sugar says:

Ha! It looks like it.

• Mindy says:

Does one have to be a teenager to like Lincoln Lee? That is news to me. I must have de-aged a couple of decades. I think the character is loads of fun. And brings a lot of levity to the show, which is sorely needed on Fringe. And I freaking loved him in “Bloodline”.

7. Emma says:

YES YES YES! Fringe just never disappoints me!

8. Angela says:

Yippee! I adore Seth Gabel and Lincoln Lee! (To Mad and Brown Sugar– grown ups and older grown ups can love Seth/Lincoln too.)

• murley says:

i assumed they were suggesting that the teenagers are those raging about the fact that peter is “gone” and lincoln lee is “replacing them”. as a grown up, so to speak, i am also a fan of lincoln and can, maturely, like him AND peter AND charlie all at the same time!

• Mindy says:

Ah, that makes more sense. Well, since Joshua Jackson is still on the show, and I am pretty sure Fringe can’t run without Peter, I am not very concerned. Obviously, no one is replacing Peter.

9. Carrie says:

Awesome! I really like Lincoln. I wish they’d also make Kirk Acevedo a regular again. I was so ticked when they killed off Charlie in the 2nd season, but I like alt-Charlie a lot.

• Joan says:

Me too,I remember getting VERY upset when I thought he was going to die because of the bugs … I was beyond myself when he actually died! It still hurts. :(

10. murley says:

i am thrilled. i love lincoln lee and was frankly scared that alt-lincoln would be the death. the finale officially blew my mind and i am really looking forward to next season and what happens with the missing peter and the alternates all together. this show continues to outdo itself. add me to the list of people who hopes they find a way for charlie to appear in some episodes if his new series picks up, i love him as well.

11. bhm1304 says:

This is good news, but Kirk Acevedo “Charlie Francis” returning as a regular character would have been the icing on the cake. Once again “Miguel Alvarez” can’t catch a break. I miss “Oz”….

• Mindy says:

Kirk Acevedo is in the new remake of “Prime Suspect”. So, he likely won’t be available for Fringe. That is, if “Prime Suspect” gets picked up.

12. Mindy says:

Fantastic news! I admit I have been scouring entertainment sites since the finale checking for this announcement. LOL.

I LOVE Alt Lincoln Lee! One of my favorite characters on Fringe. I am so happy about this.

13. Zoolander says:

He so sexy.

14. Manu says:

I’m very happy!

I love both Lincs!!

15. runpaceyrun says:

I’ll be honest …if we have to have Lincoln Lee as a regular cast member, i hope its OUR Lincoln. I liked the geeky glasses wearing agent. He worked well with Peter. Although if Lincoln is coming back because Peter is ‘missing some where in the ether of the universes’ then i dont want him back at all. Yes…i am selfish!!!
    As a side note….why cant we have Charlie back? I love Charlie and i miss him. I vote 4 Charlie to cross back to OUR side and work with OUR Fringe team.

16. Margaret says:

Love Seth and Lincoln is a great character – delighted they made him fulltime. Presumably too as there’s no baby he and alt. Olivia might have a chance.

17. Christine says:

Peter in his pea coat and Lincoln Lee in his Fringe Division cargo pants. God, why can’t it be September now!? :)

18. Steph says:

I thought it was Faux-livia. Not Bolivia. huh.

19. Pepper says:

What’s this now about Alt-Linc being so popular? Sorry, but as a woman who watches Fringe with a group of other women, our vote goes to “nerdy”, glasses-wearing, this-universe Lincoln Lee as hotter than Alt-Linc. More of him, please!

• Natasha says:

Haha, I didn’t read your comment before I posted mine, but ITA. More of Over Here’s Lincoln Lee, Fringe. The alt one is ok but I liked this universe’s one more, too. He’s just getting into the crazy stuff, it’ll be good to see him adapt. And to have him see his double? Oh hell yes!

20. Natasha says:

I hope he can do time as both his alt-and-over-here-self, I liked “our” version of LL as well.

21. Matthew Blair says:

It’s not “Bolivia” dumbass, it’s “Fauxlivia.”

• Joan says:

Actually, Walter calls her Fauxlivia, but Boliia has long been used withing the Fringe fandom. Probably BEFORE Fauxlivia came about.

• Joan says:

And I was clearly asleep when I wrote that comment … eek typos … =/

• Roxie says:

Actually the writers called her Bolivia in their scripts for Over There episodes, which is where the name came from. Fauxlivia became cannon when Walter called her that in an episode. Although I think we were calling her Fauxlivia on Fringe Forum before Walter called her that, so the writers may have taken it from fandom. But to settle your argument, the writers did call her Bolivia first.

22. Drew says:

This has been done before people! Google a TV series called CHARLIE JADE! Wonderful series.

23. Chop says:

As long as he don’t try to replace Peter it’s cool.

24. Tyson says:

Well I never thought of Seth out of the picture! It would be silly not to see him next season. I do think it wise that he will get some faux Olivia actions. Hmmm???

25. Bernadette says:

Fantastic news – I’ve been hoping this would happen. Gotta love Lincoln, and I so cannot wait for this fall!

26. Shelbie says:

I just have one question, What actually happened to Peter? He just sort of dissappeared. Does he not exist anymore?

27. ld reynolds says:

Amen. My DVD Season collection will end with 3 if Peter doesn’t come back- enforce!

28. Lisa says:

I LOVE this show! I have watched it since day one and have never missed an episode. I love the direction of the show and it pains me to think one day it will be over! :(. Keep up the good work!!!

29. Michelle says:

IF peter never existed, altolivia will still be with frank, then lincoln will probably fall for our olivia, maybe they will date, but peters face will always be in the back of her mind, like when she was held on the other side, she will be really into lincoln but investigate this peter, then peter comes back, but now olivia must choose who she really loves… peter or lincoln. ;) i cant wait for season 4… this is my idea lol

30. Boo-Boo says:

Booyah! He’s my favorite character. This is so exciting. :D

31. KimA says:

I love that Link will be full time, but I am still trying to wrap my head around the Peter “never existed”… Peter is a MUST.. but, this is FRINGE so my deepest hope is that he will be back. He.. just has to…

32. Kelly says:

Happy to see him stick around. Either version of Linc is great. Just wish they’d get rid of Bolivia for good.

33. Timmy Tucker says:

I think they should bring Dr. Who in with his tardis and have him help the fringe team and have him meet up with peter in some worm hole. Just a thought. Lol

34. Tim Foulke says:

Maybe I am just old, or maybe I have been watching TV for to many years….but, I think everyone is missing one big piece of the puzzle. Who are the Watchers? Manipulators of time…? If Peter never existed, perhaps it is only in “this” timeline. The wormhole in Central Park was through…time! Alt-universes, alt-timelines and the fact that the writers/producers use an entire season to tell a story could add up to Peter reprising an ersatz Dr. Who, Peter Bishop Time Lord!

35. makilex says:

Wow, some of these actors’ fees just doubled. Just like their workload :-D

36. Jen says:

This is fantastic news! Lincoln Lee is a great character, especially ‘Over There’. But I do like him in our universe, too. :-)

• Mindy says:

I liked both Lincoln Lee’s, too. I slightly prefer Alt Lincoln, because, as I said above, he brings some levity to Fringe. But, I’ll take either.

37. lulu says:

great news.
    the full cast back.
    olivia and peter and walter and the other side and fauxlivia linc …..

38. sherry says:

I love Fringe, not just because of the fringe science
    , but because of the relationships, the humor . I choose to trust the writers ;) PLEASE dont waste time finding Peter!!!!

39. Allan says:

Not sure I like his character much at all, but the actor is smoking hot, so yay!

40. randy says:

I have to agree with Kaibosh to a point however fauxlivia will have nothing to do with it. the physical evidence of Peter should have disappeared but if we examine season 1 and when Olivia was trapped over there she saw her dead boyfriend and Peter. I think the I am the only one who can see him but I am not crazy angle may be used. I would like to see the addition of our Lincoln but lincolnate could come or go. I do have to say that I think the combining of the universes is what caused Peters “disapperence” and as Walter and walternate get closer to closing the rifts and olivia’s powers due to the cortexiphin Peter shall reappear. just my two cents anyway

41. Scott says:

I think we could have survived without Lincoln Lee. I think he’s pompous and a bit full of himself. No real flaws that I can see except he’s madly in love with Bolivia. Big deal.

• Mindy says:

You don’t think being pompous and full of himself are flaws? LOL. I do. But, I think that just makes the character kind of fun.

42. Bill says:

With Mark Valley’s Human Target cancelled, I would like to see Mark return as alt John Scott on Fringe. It would be interesting on how our Olivia would react to alt John Scott. With the bridge that Peter created, they may be able to go back and forth to each universe.

• eviltwit says:

Eh – that might make it really awkward for both Mark and Anna as they used to be married. But, that would be really interesting.

43. Sunny says:

How come we never see our Brandon and only the “evil” one from over there? Where is he?

44. AlisonWonderland says:

That’s awesome! I’ve loved all the Lincoln scenes so far and wanted more of him. Seriously can’t wait for next season of Fringe now!

45. Rekka says:

I really liked Linc and am glad we’ll see more of him. It was great to see Peter make friends with his alter.

46. Julie says:

Yeeeeees! Love Seth Gabel! and both Lincoln Lee character’s from both sides are ace! This is fantastic news! Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

47. Natalie says:

I think that Olivia will somehow remember Peter and somehow they will bring him back. I don’t think they will get rid of peter he is to important in the show!,,

48. eviltwit says:

yay!!!!

49. Judy says:

Let’s face it: it always has been and always will be about Walter. I love that character: the cow, the ice creams, the LSD. . . He’s so kooky!