It's Official: Fox Renews House For Season 8

The doctors are in… some of them at least.

After lengthy talks, Fox has closed a deal with producer Universal to bring House back for an eighth and likely final season.

“Over the past seven seasons, House has redefined the medical drama and has given us one of television’s most compelling and iconic characters,” said Fox president Kevin Reilly in a statement. “From the producers to the incredible writers to the unbelievably talented cast and crew, the House team is fearless in its creativity and I can’t wait to see what they have in store next year.”

Curiously, Fox’s press release doesn’t mention which castmembers will be returning for season 8. As Deadline first reported Monday night, Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps have inked new deals, but it’s unclear where things stand with Lisa Edelstein and Jesse Spencer. Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson were already under contract for an eighth season.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the news.

Thoughts? Relieved the show will be back but anxious about the uncertain fates of Edelstein and Spencer? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , , , ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals, Scoop

1. Steven says:

I hope next season is the last. It hasn’t been good for a long time now.

• Tania says:

I don’t think that you and I are watching the same series. Clearly, for someone who doesn’t think that this series has been good for a long time, you kept on coming back to it instead of just stop watching it.

• Landon says:

I think this season has been lackluster at best. The reason I (And probably Steven here) keep coming back is that we hope it will get better. 13’s first episode back was the high point of the season thus far. Hopefully they can turn it around and give us a fantastic final season.

• Ryan says:

you guys are nuts….its House that makes the show awesome, each and every episode….thats why its called “House”

2. NickC says:

Sometimes i think those who run HOUSE have no clue what the fans enjoy…It’s as if they don’t care…

• Maka says:

I don’t think the fans have a clue what the fans enjoy. The base is so divided that any one action pisses off some portion of the base with keyboards and itchy fingers, and that turns casual viewers off of the show.

You figure out what “the fans” enjoy first, and then you can blame the creative team for not knowing it.

• NickC says:

Jezz @Maka…calm down.I could point out many moves that turned off many fans.This show is known for it but why waist my time…decafe can be just as tasty Maka.(just sayin)

• sadtroll says:

You could point out many moves that turned off many fans could you. So what? That’s just you trying to give yourself the weight of other people’s opinions.

Any show that lasts long enough eventually loses fans cuz they start to feel like the show owes them the storylines they want.

I’ll say this though, fans who come and go are the ones that make a show a hit. The suckers that stick it out no matter what, well the show sort of has them in their pocket.

• lipsticksocialism says:

sadly, you have a point sadtroll. Which is why i have found it best to catch shows once they’re three seasons in at least. That way, it still stays good for me when it ends. I’ve lost interest in a lot of shows that I watched from the beginning because they just lost me. It’s hard to make an 8 season show must-watch TV from the first to last episode.

• Emgee says:

@NickC
          No Nick, you can point out many things that may have turned you off. But if you don’t like it, protest it by not tuning in. Clearly, enough people still like/love the show enough to continue tuning in week after week.
          Remember, just because YOU don’t like it doesn’t mean others don’t.

• Morgan says:

Agreed, Jennifer Morrison had to go imo. Not because i don’t like her, but because the show ruined her character. The loving House plot was bad, and then Foreman tried to kill her and she did nothing. I couldnt respect her any more, and in her final episode they just made her nuts.

I dont know why people want the character back.

• Tania says:

I thank god that television producers and writers DON’T follow what some fans wish for because it would be one fan fiction nonsense after another. It is true that there are intelligent viewers and then there are the others. NickC, it is clear which side you fall under.

• NickC says:

So much HATE..it is sad.It’s my opinion and many people share it.If you don’t try expressing yourself without being a snarky jerk…The fans of this show have trailed off since its second season because of bad moves by writers/show runners…that’s how i see it.Maybe you all liked what happened to Zack on BONES?We just see things differently.Why is it now when 2 people have a different point they have to condem the other as an idiot?

3. Olivia says:

Means nothing without Edelstein – who I’m sure will get locked in, but still. Let’s secure that.

4. Ingmar says:

They better announce it as final season. Where Grey’s and PP are still telling great stories with their leads and sick-patient-cases ; House seriously starts to lack.

5. How It Is says:

Lisa better be back or there will be hell to pay.
    TPTB are running this season into the ground and since House and Cuddy broke up viewership is diving. Cuddy needs to be around for the final season or it will be huge slap in the face to fans.
    And for those who don’t like what I say—> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5jo0_7LHBM

• lipsticksocialism says:

i totally agree with you. however, if that were to happen, i would just stop watching house, and remember the good times. i’ve found it much better for my health to let things go that I can’t control, even if as a fan i feel it a slap to my face.

• Emgee says:

If you feel “slapped in the face as a fan” then here’s an idea: write it better yourself. If you can’t do that, either stop complaining or stop watching.

• @How It Is says:

LOL at that link!
      Lisa has been a great actress for the show since the beginning. She always praises it and talks about how much she loves her job. I would hope that she wants to come back and that they are smart enough to want her back. I don’t think anyone cares about the fans or slapping us in the face. But the numbers aren’t looking so healthy. They have a first-run episode this week that hasn’t had a break in between and the numbers have not gone up. That’s not a good sign. So far they’ve dropped to 2.9 in the demos. Losing a beloved character, btw, one who consistently ranks with Wilson as the favorite after House himself, would seriously hurt the show. Not just in numbers, but the show itself would lose something irreplaceable.

• How It Is says:

Well if they think firing her is a solution (for money or whatever else) they are dead wrong. When CBS tried to pull that crap by axing Paget Brewster and AJ Cook from Criminal Minds I was one among MANY who signed and circulated a petition to reinstate them, emailed complaints to CBS, left voicemails for Nina Tassler, and generally bitched and moaned about it wherever I could on the internet. Luckily that issue garnered a lot of media attention and now AJ is back full time with Paget having received an invitation to return should her new pilot not get picked up.
        I would do all that and more to ensure Lisa Edelstein keeps her job. I only watch House, CM and NCIS (if Cote de Pablo’s contract had not been renewed I’d have fought for her too) and I like my shows’ cast(s) the way they are.

6. Jen says:

They better bring back Jesse Spencer!!! He is the hottest and cutest and best duckling of all! Jesse’s fans will freak if they don’t bring him back. How boring and un-pretty would the team be without him!!!

• Evie says:

He sure is! Jesse is the best!

• Emgee says:

Olivia Wilde is the only eye candy on the show as far as I’m concerned. :D

• Hayley says:

Olivia wilde is pretty but she’s not that great of an actress. What I see typically is that guys think she’s hot and that colors their viewpoint on her. The truth is, in the House fandom, she’s not that big a deal at all. As shown by the numbers not falling when she left and not rising but falling when she returned. I like Wilde and wish her the best in life so I’m not trying to pick on her here at all. But that’s the reality. I’m just trying to be honest and objective here. Girls need something more than a pretty face to watch her character. We need good acting or a really great character if the acting’s mediocre. And no matter how hard they’ve tried, and they have tried, her character just hasn’t caught on like some of the others.

• Emgee says:

She’s caught on with me, and I’m the only fan of the show I need be concerned with. I respect your opinion, but I like her character and I like her as an actress. And it doesn’t hurt that she is totally smokin’.

• Adam says:

@hayley : I completely agree .Wilde lacks acting range & it painfully shows when acting against good actors ESP Hugh Lauri. And I don’t see her that pretty either .

• Daniel says:

CHASE is the most interesting character in the team & my favorite character.If JESSE SPENCER isn’t back for S8, I will stop watching. I don’t care for the rest including House who became a boring character this season.

7. Andie says:

Lisa needs to be on the show. That’s ridiculous if she doesn’t get a deal. I wouldn’t be able to watch..same with Jesse. Seriously, they’re vital to the flow.

8. Kristen says:

Edelstein has stated previously that she’s coming back as long as the show wants her. So, her sign-on is inevitable. As for Spencer, I don’t know.

• McScotty says:

the key to that sentence there is “as long as the show wants her”. She might want back, but the show might not. I’m a bit apathetic about House now. I enjoyed season 6, but season 7 for me has been a bit of a let down. don’t know how they’re going to make season 8 any better.

• layla says:

All of the reports on deadline have mentioned that they are negotiating with LE. So they must want her back.

• lipsticksocialism says:

they definitely want her back (they know she has a huge following), but the question is just HOW BADLY do they want her back. If they’re in negotiations it just means that they’re talking about money, and whether they will pay what she asks. And clearly, Hugh Laurie has much more bargaining power than LE. Still, I am confident they will make a deal.

9. John Stone says:

It’s time for it to go. It has been struggling over the last two years.

10. Lee says:

Well…you can only diagnose sarcoidosis so many times before the villagers stop running, know what I mean?

• Annie says:

This made me snort. Well played, sir. Well played.

• hooch says:

LoL. For me it’s amyloidosis, they literally mention it every episode!

• Bob says:

And this is probably why, because it can be in almost the entire body:

“There are numerous symptoms that are associated with this disease. The most common ones have to do with the heart, such as heart failure, arrhythmia, and an irregular heart beat. Also the respiratory tract can be affected and cause hemoptysis. Usually the spleen enlarges and sometimes ruptures. The gastrointestinal tract is usually affected and causes vomiting, hemorrhaging and diarrhea. The amyloidosis can also affect the motor functions and cause polyneuropathy. When the amyloid fibrils and oligomers get to the skin they can cause skin lesions and petechiae. One of the most famous symptoms is macroglossia.”

11. ebtiger24 says:

I hate to see House go, but it is time to tie up loose ends and go out on their own terms. it has been a great show and Greg House will be missed.

12. Anna says:

What??? Lisa Edelstein needs to return for season 8.

13. Joy says:

The show wouldn’t be the same without House, Wilson or Cuddy. It may be A House center but it wouldn’t be as interesting without the 2.

14. TV Gord says:

I have to laugh at comparing House and Grey’s Anatomy! I think people just grow weary of even their favorite shows, and therefore make the grand pronouncement that the show’s not as good as it used to be. I think House is always interesting, compelling and entertaining, even now! I watch Grey’s every week, but I’ve never enjoyed the level of melodrama they force into the show. Both shows stretch the lines of plausibity when it comes to medical accuracy, but House is far more entertaining to me, and it still manages to toss in an unexpected twist or turn from time to time.

I’m thrilled (but not surprised) to hear there will be another season, but I agree that Lisa’s inclusion is a must!

• lipsticksocialism says:

very well said on all points.

• Annie says:

Ugh – what in the WHAT now? I’m hoping that was a typo and you just mixed up the names of the shows. GA has actually been amazing this season (that shoot-up at the Seattle Grace Corral last season’s finale really was a fabulous game-changer, as sick of that phrase as I am), whereas House has turned an interestingly flawed character into just a jerk, on all fronts (and backs). I have zero interest in watching House continue to explore just how nasty he can be to his so-called friends, and wondering when Cuddy and Wilson will grow backbones, blah blah blah… even the PotWs have grown dull and dreary. HOUSE needs to take a lesson from GA. (And … yeah. I realize this last statement is one of the seven signs of the apocalypse.)

• Ana says:

Ok, don’t push. There are good things about House, good things about GA and really bad things about them both. But House has to learn nothing about GA, because they have nothing to do with each other unless the fact of being medical dramas.
        And also because even if House start to lack a bit, it still better than GA, anytime (My opnion, ou course. Sometimes people forget that each person has it’s own)

15. Nina says:

Things will get ugly in the House fandom if Jesse Spencer doesn’t return for Season 8!

16. Ariella says:

Lisa better be back or there will be hell to pay.

17. Mia says:

Jesse Spencer needs to be on the show!

18. Evie says:

If Jesse Spencer isn’t on the show anymore. I will never watch it again.

19. sydney says:

Lisa will definitely be back because the ratings will just bomb even more without her. As for 8 being the finale season, it was good while it lasted. I’ve only been watching since this season, and even I can tell it’s getting old.

• Liz says:

LOL You wish. No one cares for her, get over it.

• Aurore says:

Just because you don’t doesn’t mean no one else does.
        She is popular. Get over it.

• Alex says:

Same Liz in every effing article on every site, spreading hate for Lisa E. Aren’t you tired?

Jennifer Morrison is not coming back, and people like you make it really hard for others to like her. Get a life. Or if it’s an option (I can see why), join a gym, lose all that weight, you will feel hundred times better.

• sarah says:

Don’t you ever get tired? Geez hater.

• Natalie says:

No one cares for Lisa? Come on now. LOL She has a pretty big fanbase and Cuddy is a very popular character. I can understand if you don’t like her and your friends. But that doesn’t mean that “no one” cares for her. You’d have to be oblivious to be a fan of this show and really believe that. Maybe it was just hyperbole–

20. hello says:

There is a part of me that hopes LE doesn’t come back so Huddy can be over forever. That damn relationship has ruined the whole season. The last good episode was the episode before the finale last year.

• be says:

I agree whit you

• Brian says:

I think blaming a House and Cuddy storyline for what season 7 has become is far fetched. The writers are to blame for the episodes that have ranged from boring to just ridiculous. They could’ve handled having them in a relationship so much better, they just built this storyline up to tear it down. They keep claiming the break up was realistic and he had to go back on vicodin to be realistic..so now we have 13 being picked up from spending time in prison and getting right back to work, House having sex with a ton of prostitutes in 1 episode then successfully jumping off of a balcony into a pool, marrying some woman to keep her in the country and now shooting up…all very realistic. The writing on this show has taken a serious downward spiral and we can’t really blame House and Cuddy for that.

21. doh says:

Huddy didn’t ruined the show, THE END OF IT made ratings drop.

Check TVBythenumber before talking of things you know nothing about!!

• Liz says:

You wish. Don’t be so delusional, it’s still all about the Huddy crap, who wants to see that?! Obviously no one!

• Audrey says:

No one knows, or can know, why the numbers aren’t doing so well. But last season they hung around the same amount of viewers for the final episodes leading up to the finale that they began with this season.
        They ran about 4.2-3.6 for the 18-49 group. And yet, House and Cuddy barely interacted when the numbers ran down to that level. They were higher at the beginning part of the season and actually, the episode where House, Cuddy and Wilson go on the road trip and House and Cuddy danced, etc. was the fourth highest rated episode last season-getting 5.3 in the 18-49 group. House and Cuddy and their underlying feelings for each other have been a part of the show since the beginning. If House and Cuddy were an issue for the show’s fans then these things shouldn’t be the case. The numbers should go down any time they focus on them.

Instead, they came back this season and ran from 4.3-3.4 in the 18-49 group while House and Cuddy were together. They maintained the same audience they left with last season and kept stable. Since House and Cuddy have broken up every episode’s numbers, except last night’s which held steady at the series’ low, have gone down further and further every single episode. They went from 3.5, to 3.4, to 3.2 for two episodes in a row, to 2.9 for two episodes in a row-including last night’s episode.

If House and Cuddy being a couple were an issue with the fans, then those numbers should’ve been steadily declining like that *while* they were together, not after they broke up. I’m not saying that the breakup is the sole cause of the numbers. I don’t think it’s helped but I think there’s more to the numbers decline than simply this. What I am saying is that it’s clearly not House and Cuddy being together that has made people tune out from HOUSE, M.D.

• Amy says:

As tvbythenumbers reported before the huddy break up, with the huddy season there was a drop of 35% of viewers compared to season 6, so yes, my dear huddytard, huddy ruined the show and that’s why people at fox aren’t so willing to bring LE in for season 8

• Nathan says:

I think you need to see that up until this season there was still hope for House and Cuddy. There were still the tense moments, the looks they shot each other, the fight between do it or not. Then they ended it before they even really started it and that’s why the ratings have gone. It wasn’t the pairing it was the separating. House and Cuddy have been flirting and fighting since the beginning. The show could’ve done so much more with them together, after sitting through a whole season of him watching her w/Lucas from the sidelines you would think they would’ve gone big this season. Instead we’re left with a musical episode and now all of the crap since. Such a disappointing season.

• Alicia says:

Even though these facts are all too clear, some people are incapable of logical reason and therefore will blame Huddy for everything.
      Fact is, while House and Cuddy were together people were watching, whether they liked it or not they cared enough to tune in.
      Since the breakup House has lost almost 5 MILLION viewers; people just aren’t interested in watching and that’s not a result of Huddy.
      The premiere aired to decent numbers and set the stage for the relationship. Five episodes later ratings are still good and Huddy is going strong. Five more episodes pass, it’s ep 10 and ratings are steady and so is Huddy (surely if people were going to bail they’d have done it by now right???). Five more episodes pass, and ratings are actually up but Huddy splits in 7×15. From then it’s been a steady tumble downhill.
      If only there was some logical way to deduce what’s going on??!?

• lipsticksocialism says:

Alicia, I LOVE YOU.

• Lan says:

A premiere with 10.5 millions is not a premiere with decent numberes, not for a show like House and not after all the huddy promoting they did! Also, it looks like all the huddy are forgetting that during this season the show went under 10 millions several time and tvbythenumbers put House into the big losers category. So you’re just delusional when you talk about 5 millions. This season House reached the 12 mil only because the SB ads and the new viewers left the next episode, clearly because they didn’t like the huddy show.
        Huddy didn’t bring in new viewers and managed to loose more of them: if you hate the huddy crap you’ll also hate the break up aftermath and the huddy/Cuddy finale we’re going to get.
        That’s why huddy ruined the ratings and no matters what you huddy fangirls say, the people at Fox knew it

• Michaela says:

They didn’t do any special promotion for that premiere. Not like in season 6 with the viral ad campaign and a special showing in LA before the TV premiere with all the cast being there. And in the earlier season before that, they had garnered a large following and had AI to help with that a great deal. Have you seen the difference AI made to their numbers? It made a big difference. The thing is, the numbers have been going down since season five, when they lost AI as a lead-in. After that they kept a steady fanbase that still declined somewhat between season five and part of season six. Then they started losing a larger number of viewers. Then the finale aired last season and they went up slightly. Remember that it was promoted as being all about House and Cuddy. If people hated them so much, they should’ve skipped it. The numbers should’ve at least stayed steady or, better yet to prove that Huddy was the issue, they should’ve still gone down. But they didn’t.

Then they began this season and the numbers held steady from what they left off on. After House and Cuddy broke up, DWTS came on again and grabed viewers and they were on a long hiatus just at the time when it came back on, and they aired two consecutive episodes that had 13 and Masters, two not very popular characters, and then had another week break, all of these things factor into the numbers I’m sure. But the thing is, the numbers didn’t and haven’t declined with House and Cuddy together. So anyone who’s trying to say they are the problem, the numbers don’t back that up.

• un-holy says:

Yeah, because 2-3 episodes carry the weight of the entire show. Not a whole season. Keep being delusional, it really works for you.

• Alicia says:

Two to three? Try SIX

7×15 – 11.1 mil (the break up)
        7×16 – 10.4
        7×17 – 9.3
        7×18 – 8.9
        7×19 – 8.6
        7×20 – 8.5
        7×21 – 7.5 (last night)

Keep up the ignorance.

• un-holy says:

Again, not an entire season. Try better next time.

• Alicia says:

Since you need to be spoon fed information

7×01 – 10.9
            7×02 – 10.1
            7×03 – 10.8
            7×04 – 9.6
            7×05 – 9.7
            7×06 – 9.6
            7×07 – 10.8
            7×08 – 9.2
            7×09 – 10.5
            7×10 – 10.4
            7×11 – 12.3
            7×12 – 9.9
            7×13 – 10.4
            7×14 – 11

Sorry I couldn’t make a graph for you but if you try real hard to follow along I think even you can get it.
            House isn’t the powerhouse it used to be, but for a show in it’s 7th season the ratings *were* still good. Viewership was steady with some fluctuations, but averaging over 10 mil an ep. While at no point during the height of Huddy did viewership ever approach the lows of 7.5 mil (which is ridiculous–and last night’s ep was good!). But there has been a clear decline in viewership from “Bombshells” for SIX CONSECUTIVE EPISODES.

• Alex says:

Thanks, Alice, you just proved how much the huddy nonsense damaged the show! The numbers for the first 14 episodes are pathetic for a show likw House, especially when you consider that every episode costs 5 millions.
            These numbers mean thAt the show had an average of 10.37 millions of viewers, thanks the boost of the Super Ball ads with more than 12 mil, and as I said these aren’t good numbers, not for House.
            Also notice that after the episode 11, the SB episode and a massive huddy/Cuddy one, the new viewers didn’t come back. Why? Because they didn’t like the huddy crap.

• Ah! says:

oh my god, huddies are so stupid

spring = drop ratings (like usuale)

and season 1-2-3 = up ratings (episode to episode) 18/20 millions and 5/6 ratings 18-49
          season 4-5-6-7 = down ratings (episode to episode, series to series) and season 7 (all season 7) is the worst.
          Huddy destrot ratings!
          season 5, 6 and 7 are a ratings disaster!

No question.

• Leila says:

I’ve just noticed that DWTS started airing around episode 16 or 17. So, I don’t think Huddy (pro or con) is the reason for the decline. Look at other shows on monday, HIMYM, Chuck etc. Declining as well since DWTS started :(

• Ana says:

Alicia, I see that you’re trying to do a good thing here, but you’re just feeding the troll.

• Nikki says:

People who don’t like Huddy are going to blame that for the decline in ratings but the ratings speak for themselves. Don’t let the “delusional” comments get to you, if you can read you can see when the decline started this season and when it hit it’s highest. Unfortunately it’s easier to blame a pairing you don’t agree with then take an open minded look at things and really see the season for what it’s been. Take Huddy out of the season..13’s mysteriously missing, Masters is put in to take the place of Cameron and be a reflection of Cuddy’s youth, no really memorable patients/cases, a musical and 13 released from jail after a year for taking a life…yup Huddy is the issue.

• un-holy says:

Um, I’m sorry, but you completely missed the point of my post. I didn’t blame Huddy for the decline. I disagreed to the notion that Huddy’s BREAKUP (that has been a quarter of the season or so) is to blame for the decline. Because I’ve been tired to hear that Shore has pulled the plug with the breakup and has made a huge mistake etc. Personally I never cared if Huddy got together or broke up. I was not happy or disappointed. I was completely indifferent. And what I’ve been saying is that the show has in general been in a decline for a season or two, not just a number of episodes and just because of a breakup.

22. Sun says:

Of course LE will return. Just because she hasn’t signed yet doesn’t mean anything at all. This is not about Huddy or Hilson or House in misery. The main cast will be back. I think the details of the negotiations between the show, Fox and NBCU will be interesting to read about. As for the caast, that was never an issue!

23. Carol says:

Lisa Edelstein’s Cuddy is an essential part of the show. She delivers humanity, intelligence and sparks with Hugh Laurie in a way that no one else can match. I assume that LE will return for the eighth season, which I hope will be the final one. “House” deserves to go out with a dynamo finish rather than limping off into the sunset like the weak and disappointing post-break up episodes of this current season.

• Liz says:

How is she an essential part?! She’s the most replaceable character these days! Your oh so precious Huddy finally ruined it for her.

• Jocelyn says:

The fighting about “Huddy” and no “Huddy” is what it is, people will always have differing opinions and the fact that people are still fighting about it is just what the writers love bc if people are posting about it then it’s still relevant negative/positive. As for them ruining the show, hard to blame the characters when the writers are the ones in charge. They could’ve done so many things with this relationship-whether they stayed together or broke up. It seems like the writers are trying to reach new crazy levels and do crazy things but it’s just making the show ridiculous and dare I say hard to watch. This is the first time in 7 seasons I have been TiVo-ing the show and watching it when I get a chance, rather then being in front of my tv at 7:59 glued to the screen and watching the episode on my TiVo later through the week. It’s a shame the show was such a great one, I wish I could say hopes are high for a great ending to the season, but…

• getRidOfCuddy says:

Don’t worry, Cuddy ass and cleavage won’t be missed so no, she isn’t an essential part of the show

24. Sally says:

I hope Jesse Spencer will be back (eye candy!), but I don’t need Lisa Edelstein. On the contrary, Cuddy annoys me endlessly, if she’s gone I’m a happy viewer again!

25. Frootloops says:

A wild guess–they will not sign LE in order to bring someone new on board. (The creatives love to make bad decisions.) On the one hand, she’s a vital character. On the other hand, what else can they do with her? They’ve shown her getting a child, romancing House, dealing with her family, having a medical scare…unfortunately she might be relegated to the background. LE is a wonderful actress so it would be a shame to lose her.

I hope they keep Jesse Spencer. He’s a fantastic actor and I’d like to see him do more. Also sexy as hell.

To be honest, I was hoping there wouldn’t be a season 8. I mean, how much more can the show suck? I guess we’ll find out.

• Nikki says:

I really want them to bring back the Dr. Chase that I grew to love during S1-6. What they did with him in the current season is a joke for any decent actor who can play drama and emotion so well as Jesse Spencer does. Just re-watched The Tyrant from S6 again and he was awesome. If they give him back his depth and more screen time, probably with House instead of Foreman and the boring & cliched Mary Sue character of Thirteen, then I really do hope that Jesse’s going to be in another season. Also, bring back House into a character study of the people in this show. It used to be great as long as they didn’t concentrate too heavily on the shipper stuff and the useless effort to make Thirteen a viewer’s favourite.

26. un-holy says:

Oh please don’t tell me that Jesse will return. I also want Lisa back, but the show really has to reduce her screentime

27. Mark says:

Long time “House” lover, but, let’s be real, the show has “injected the rat” (it’s the new “jumped the shark” don’t ya know?).

Yes, we need Cuddy to wrap up this show. And, yes, let’s make sure Season 8 is the last. Send the show out with some of the magic it came in with. Not with the nonsense of the 5/9 episode. “I’m going to smash up Wilson’s office.”

28. Enie says:

Jesse Spencer needs to stay! He is the “favorite” duckling! There is just no other way! I can’t watch House if he isn’t coming back!

29. aurore says:

I think the 8th season should be the last. I last season to fix it and make us forget the shortcomings.
    Season 6 wasn’t as good as the others and and season 7 was even worst. They handled huddy relationship poorly and as a result none of the fan are happy. But it’s deeper than that. Huddy is just the top of the iceberg.
    They need to go back to what made the show a worldwide hit and forget about the teenager’s humor, stop radically changing a character’s personality for the sake of one episode plot, avoid screwing up time line… And maybe season 8 will be worth watching.
    I’m not sure I would enjoy the show as much without Cuddy. So please keep her. Actually, I would prefer if both LE and Jesse Spencer were on board.

30. sandy says:

awww i dont want the next one to be the last season

31. Iris says:

Jesse Spencer must be back next season!

32. LaurieHausmann says:

I’ve been watching this show since day one, and I’ve always enjoyed it, but I’ll be the first to admit that this season has been a major let-down. In my opinion, the House/Cuddy UST should have been strung out until the series finale, and I was beyond disappointed when they got together at the end of last season. But that doesn’t mean that I was happy when they broke up again, either. For a show as formulaic as House, they seem to be having trouble keeping the status quo this season, which is beyond annoying. In fact, this season was so disappointing that I’d have been happy if it didn’t get renewed. But I’m glad it did all the same – looking at where the show is at now, there would be too many loose ends left over this season, and maybe, just maybe, the writers will be able to get there acts together and go out on a high note at the end of season eight.

33. Tara says:

Glad the show’s back. Now I need to know if Lisa Edelstein will be back.

34. Wilson fan says:

If Robert Sean Leonard walks, then so do I. There is no show without him. Seriously.

35. Tea says:

AHHHH Jesse Spencer has to come back! He is the only one of House’s team I like!

36. Meg says:

This season has been pretty much a let down all over. 13 misteriously disappearing for ages, and getting replaced by the most obnoxious, chubby Mary Sue ever (When Masters went away I was cheering so much my cheeks hurt.) And Chase was basically reduced to the womanizer he was supposed to be in season 1. Geez, I was sure the whole bedding-everyone storyline would lead to some serious development about how empty and depressed he was feeling, but it seems it was meant to be him being horny and realizing he was hot and could have every girl. Such a waste for such a great actor at angst, I hope they do Jesse justice in the next season.
    I want everyone to be back, even if I don’t die whether or not Huddy is going to be endgame. But I’m sure they deserve another chance, even though this season was a bit sloppy and carelessly put together.

• Nikki says:

I do hope they’ll give Jesse Spencer another year on House. Chase is actually one of the most intriguing characters apart from House on the show, yet they gave him the ridiculous story arc as a womanizer in S7 (which, btw, happened to have its root in the speed dating in S6. He never seemed much aware of it before, ever).

They gave Chase, as one of the only fellows, a solid background story. Abandoned by his father and left to deal with an alcoholic mother, a failed seminary. I find him intriguing because almost everything in the character can be based on his childhood. I liked the sneakiness in the first few seasons which was totally plausible, given his past. I liked how he clinged on House before he was fired. I liked all the little details we learned about him in his interactions with House, making him more of a layered, complex human being. Besides, the actor is extremely talented and I hope that the writers will do him justice next season, too. I would love to see more of him. I think that there is a lot of common ground with House (daddy issues, abusive parent, the aloofness, the need to protect himself, the willing to lie if the truth only makes it worse). I alsways thought they’d be good for each other. Plus, I hear that Jesse Spencer loves being on the show. It would be a shame if he was cut when he has always been supportive and enthusiastic about it.

37. Christine says:

To all the crazy Huddies who have been desperately trying to prove that the Huddy breakup has ruined the show, showing ratings of the season etc. Last season the show premiered at 15 million and droped to 10 by the season finale. That’s way more than the drop that you’ve been desperately trying to present as “shocking” this season, trying so much to prove that the show is ruined for ONE ONLY REASON. Shows that have been on the air for long tend to have more viewership in the beginning of a new season and less as the season goes by. And if your Huddy was so precious that made the show or whatever, how come it didn’t bring back the 15 million (or even close) when the show premiered this season?
    GET REAL, YOUR HUDDY IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT

38. Ellys says:

bring back Cameron

39. Lalla says:

What to do: The most precious PJ and OW has already been contracted, so that they are with LE to complete the circus.
    If JS was smart, not to renew…This show has been dead since season 5.
    Each show has the viewers that deserves or better: each viewers has the show that deserves.

40. Leiney says:

A complete shame if they don’t bring Jesse Spencer back for the final season. But then they’ve really wasted Chase as a character this season. So frustrating.

41. Sharona says:

I hope they get everyone signed for a final season that can recall some of the show’s best episodes (I’m not sure I’d say season – they’re all uneven in their own way). This has probably happened before but the renewal hasn’t been under such a microscope. Then I hope they create a final season with heart, power, and wit. It would be a great way to go out.

42. Cindy says:

For me HOUSE really messed up in the last minute of BOMBSHELLS when Cuddy broke up with House. The relationship was not explored enough and I’m not even a Huddy. That made me really dislike Cuddy, so I don’t care if she comes back or not. Truth is, if HUGH wants Lisa back, Lisa will be back and I’m sure she will.
    I am hoping that Chase will be back as I would like to see his character explored more. Will resent every second that Taub is on the screen.
    I am thankful for every episode we get but most of all, I will truly miss HUGH LAURIE. Such an AMAZING actor doesn’t come along every day. I ADORE HIM.

• gertrude says:

”Truth is, if HUGH wants Lisa back, Lisa will be back and I’m sure she will.”
      not true, Hugh don’t involved about plots, he repeat it in all interview.

sorry, english isn’t my native language.

43. tripoli says:

I have never been a fan of the House and Cuddy relationship. Can’t stand the character of Cuddy, and am not really a fan of the actress either. So I was pretty happy when that train wreck finally ended. Despite my feelings about that storyline, I would never stop watching House because of it. I’m a die hard fan and will be till the end. Which I hope is not next season. I agree that this season has been a little lackluster but the last few episodes, starting with the great return of 13, have been great. The debate over ratings and why they were declining or gaining is odd. If you are a fan of the show, why would a story line that isn’t entirely to your liking make you stop watching? Obviously it’s damn near impossible for the creators, writers, etc of this show to make every fan happy. There has always been a divide, for various reasons. Someone is always going to complain and be unhappy if the story doesn’t go in the direction they’ve been hoping for. Suck it up and keep watching, or just stop.

44. navistart says:

Hello,
    bring back Cameron.
    I love her so much, she is very important and I think House and Cameron are the best pairing on the show :) I’m so sad, I still hope^^
    I’m happy Fox renewed House for season 8.
    Bye.

45. Leila says:

Uhm, instead of blaming huddy and blabla, you might consider blaming shows like dancing with the stars!! all 8/7c shows on monday have less viewers, since DWTS started airing in march :/

46. Bob says:

So, Michael, how come every other story you’ve written about contract negotiations only mentioned Edelstein, Epps and Leonard? This is the first one I can remember that mentions Jesse Spencer as needing to settle. You left the impression that he was still under contract by leaving out his name.

47. korina.. says:

many fans would be soo happy if they bring back lisa edelstein, jesse spencer, and jennifer morrison, they’ve been part of the success of the show,,,…

48. korina.. says:

would be great if they’re back..

49. Rachel says:

I DON’T THINK IT’S TAUB’S BABY AT ALL, SHE JUST TOLD HIM THAT. BY THE LOOK ON EPPS FACE I THINK THEY HAVE BEEN SCREWING AROUND. wOULD’T THAT BE A CLIFFHANGER.

50. Demosthenes says: