Fox Cancels Human Target, Lie To Me, Chicago Code, Two Others

Fox went on a killing spree late Tuesday, canceling five bubble shows including Human Target and Lie to Me.

The network also axed freshman comedies Breaking In and Traffic Light as well as Shield creator Shawn Ryan’s rookie cop drama The Chicago Code.

Fox Renews Bones For Seventh Season

The cancellations come one week before Fox is set to unveil its fall schedule to advertisers.

Fox, however, was also in the mood for addition as well as subtraction, granting orders to several new series including the Bones spinoff and J.J. Abrams’ Alcatraz.

House Picked Up For Season 8

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect this evening’s bloodbath.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Scoop

1. Markus says:

Very sad to see Lie to Me and Chicago Code cancelled, esp as someone who rarely watches any TV (I grew up without one so never get attached). Lie to Me was different and intriguing, and Chicago Code was also not your typical copy show. The only other show I watch is House and that is getting kind of stale, it feels like they are running out of ideas and just make House act crazier and crazier, not sure if I will be watching much longer. Reading some of the other posts I gather that this is how Fox operates, canceling shows people like!

2. CC says:

Are you kidding me?!?! Breaking In is CANCELLED?!? I LOVE that show!! It was one of the few TV shows worth watching!!! It was clever, fresh and entertaining. (Did you see the list of nicknames they came up with for Cam on the last episode?!? HILARIOUS!) The show made me laugh out loud each and every week…something I can’t say about any other show on TV.

(I only found this site because I did a search for the show to find out more information about it…and unfortunately, I ended up here. :-S)

3. Dave says:

Well, looks like Fox screwed itself yet again. Low viewership or not, The Chicago Code deserved more than one season, no doubts about it.

4. Anastasia says:

Lie to me is the best of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are really stupid if you won’t renew it!!
    Fox sucks!!
    кто не согласен – мудак!

5. Benny says:

Fox is so trigger happy with their shows it’s crazy.Breaking In is a great show and hilarious for just one example…they don’t give the shows even a minimum time to build an audience.It sucks.
    IT’s like Fox is owned by complete soulless morons who have no idea what they’re doing….
    Wait….oh right..they are.

6. Cole Cusumano says:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!???!!!! Breaking In was one of the best shows Ive seen in YEARS!! It had potential to be up there with the shows like How I Met Your Mother and all those shows! UGH! I just found this out right now and I am so depressed….. F U FOX!!!!!!!! BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!! BRING BACK BREAKING IN!!!!!!!!!

7. Meg says:

Chicago Code and Breaking In have rocked.

This is a shame.

8. Amy says:

I hated that episode of The Finder, and now I probably won’t watch it because they made me mad. I liked the Chicago Code, honestly it was probably the best new series in my opinion. I really looked forward to watching it and hearing thta they’ve replaced it for this dribble bad episode of The Finder.

9. cc says:

VERY VERY VERY Disappointed in the Lie To Me cancellation! Wish a decent network would pick it up. Fox has been on my list since they canceled Firfly. Booo Fox….you stink.

10. Scott says:

I’m appalled, APPALLED I say, that Lie to Me has been canceled. More Reality TV? Attention FOX: I’ve never been attracted to ANY of it AND in addition was totally utterly completely disinterested in Lost. Why the blasted hell does anything I’m even remotely interested in get canceled within a season or two (of 13 not 24 episodes, so there’s barely enough to go back to, let alone expand the storylines properly — think about it: the original Star Trek only lasted 3 seasons, but there’s about 75 episodes. that’s HUGE by today’s standards, and look at the shoestring budget they had back then!) but then the stuff I find stultifyingly uninteresting live on and on and and on. AND ON. Please, ENOUGH blasted reality tv already.

Attention Network Executives of all stations: you are THIS close to losing my interest forever as a viewer. I think I’m going back to reading books and only watching movies, because at least with books, generally the author has to DIE before the ‘series got canceled’.

Hello Netflix subscription, bye bye cable tv, bye bye network tv.

oh and ‘webisodes’ ? sorry, not long enough to do storylines any justice, although LXD is sufficently different to capture my interest. otherwise, “fuhgeddaboutid”.

What have I been watching lately?

Mental,
    The Gates,
    Haven,
    Heroes,
    Journeyman,
    The Listener,
    Sanctuary,
    Stargate (SG1, Atlantis and Universe)
    Starhunter 2300,
    V,
    Warehouse 13,
    Dexter,
    Dr Who,
    Torchwood,
    Dead Like Me,
    Sanctuary,
    Farscape,

there’s been others, but this is what I’ve been watching lately, (or catching up on missed episodes) mostly via Hulu.com.

Question my tastes all you want, but with much of what catches my interest getting canceled all the time, I no longer trust YOUR judgement, Mr. Network Executive. As a result, I’m less likely to even START watching anything and getting involved in its characters UNTIL you’ve got more than a season or two for me to watch. I’m not sitting well with never getting to find out how the story ends. starhunter was a particular disappointment, ending on a cliffhanger as it did. DAMN you.

*opens window and leans out, shouting* “I’m MAD AS HELL, and I’m NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

• Scott says:

also forgot to mention

The 4400,
      all three CSI series (loved equally, zero distinction),
      John Doe,
      The Beast (wow is all I can say, here. I understand why this series can’t continue due to the death of Patrick Swayze, but DAMN this was good, and at least the primary story arc was finished by season’s end and not left as a cliffhanger),
      Daybreak (slow start but by the time I get 1/3 in to the series, it’s marathon time — can’t stop)
      Zatoichi (old one. guilty pleasure. great great story),
      and just to toss them out, the exellent miniseries’ The Lost Room, and Tin Man.

• Bee says:

Oh Scott,
      I loved that show “The Forgotten” why in the heck did they take that of in the first place I think it had good ratings….I was disappointing when it said Show Finally….. :(

11. jschro155 says:

Lets show FOX what we think about cancelling The Chicago Code! Help get everyone you know to watch the final episodes. http://on.fb.me/jsyZwS

12. bobdarkson says:

what the hell is fox been thinking?
    “Lie To Me”, “Human Target” should not be cancelled, they should let them have another season and let the writers finished up their story…
    If they were to cancel the two shows, they should cancelled “Fringe” as well, it have lower ratings than the two shows. What is wrong with them?

13. Teddy B says:

I agree breaking in is an awesome show. I found it to be very funny. Maybe F/X will pick it up. I actually thought this would be a show Christian Slater could actually last in. We should start a petition if they can save Chuck..maybe we can save breaking in?

14. Tom says:

Lie to Me IS not WAS, an AWESOME show, and The people at Fox, whoever executed the order to cancel it, I’m going to be blunt here, IS A MORON. LIKE SERIOUSLY??? I know it comes down to money, and honestly that show has a VERY SOLID FANBASE!!! They have 1.9 million fans on FB and thats SAYING ALOT. I think thats more than Papa Roach has and PROACH has been around since mid 90s. I hope someone storms down you guys’ doors and really shows you guys whose boss, or you smarten up to prevent that, and bring LIE TO ME back!!! I’m gonna write you guys,and say this directly to you, as I’m not sure you’ll see this. BRING BACK LIE TO ME!!! After Smallville and Supernatural ends(that is if Lie to Me doesn’t come back) I might just be done with TV period, and I never really liked FOX anyways.

15. Temperance says:

As long as BONES is not canceled, I am immensely happy. That’s the only show I watch anyway. I haven’t even heard of half of the shows that were canceled. I just watch BONES because it’s AMAZING!!!! and I didnt mind the Finder but I didn’t really like it either. He helped Brennan find something she lost and that was pretty much the only thing I liked about, especially since he had a thing for Brennan. But BONES is THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3 :)

16. Steph says:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Chicago Code picked up by a cable network. If I were TNT or USA I would have been on the phone with the people 2 seconds after this announcement.

17. Steph says:

It’s not just Fox who doesn’t give shows a chance. I’m just glad Bones came on when Fox was more willing to wait and let a show grow.

AS far as shows like the Jersey Shore braindead people should have TV to watch. It’s a show about the braindead for the braindead. Not one person with more than a single digit IQ either watches it or is on it.

18. Cirdan says:

LTM was a great show! FOX sucks…

19. juil says:

Lie to me :(

20. Jessy M says:

Nooo!! I love LTM!! ='(. . . I was hopping (at least) a decent finale!!

21. numb says:

this is not fair! they dont advertise properly! how am i supposed to fall in love with a show i dont know about? i want more BREAKING IN!!!

22. dew says:

Bring back Lie to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. jake80 says:

You idiots finally get a adult program on TV (Chicago Code) and now you cancel it If you had any brains you would take them out and pee on them,just go back to being last and put 5th grade crap on your network

24. Bee says:

Why are they taking “Lie to me” of…..I Love this show….bring it back and take something else of…This is the best show I ever got into and I think other people agree with me.

25. Ellen says:

THE CHICAGO CODE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF FOX??

Also sad for Christian Slater who deserves so much better.

26. John Mihalko says:

You mean there are other shows on FOX besides Lie to Me? Who knew? It was the only show I watched on FOX. Now I have a reason to delete it from my channel selections.

27. VT says:

FOX SUCKS for taking away the Chicago Code.

28. meli says:

CHICAGO CODE WAS AMAZING!!! I dont ever get into cop shows, until this came along. Stupid fox!!!

29. D. Orndorff says:

I really like Chicago Code, Human target, and Lie to me.

30. Loek Gijben says:

I was under the impression that Lie to Me was sold abroad fairly well. Was this show so costly the revenues did not do the math?
    Or is it a shortage on domestic timeslots?

I must admit the development of Tim Roths character Dr.Lightman was not going in the right direction. The show would have done better if other characters were developed more.

As a foreign outstander I’ve always wondered what a relatively intelligent show as Lie to Me was doing with FOX anyway.

Cheers,
    Loek
    (the Netherlands)

31. JAKe says:

It’s too bad about Human Target. There are not many action shows on any more… just shows about geniuses crime dramas. Which are fine, but there needs to be variety. HT was my modern day MacGyver or A-Team. There is still a market for that. But… at least there was no cliffhanger.

32. Debbie says:

What is wrong with FOX, Chicago Code and Human Target are great shows. Why do they continue to take off all the good shows?

33. Rich says:

Fox, you suck. Lie to Me and Chicago Code were two good shows. What else can I say? Besides you SUCK.

34. Jason says:

dont’ forget they also announced the cancellation of Americas’ Most Wanted from Prime Time TV. It will still maintain at small 2 hour slot on off times. Which currently looks like sunday nights 9 p – 10 p

35. nicky says:

Why on earth would they cancel ‘Breaking In’??? It’s a hillariously funny show with great writing and convincing actors. Not to mention it had a completely new and promising concept.

Instead Fox will add the so-called ‘Bones’ “Spin-Off”, even though it has nothing whatsoever to do with ‘Bones’ in the first place, and a vast majority of fans disliked the blatantly obvious promotion attempt that was done for the new show on ‘Bones’? Seriously?

Same old, same old. Count on Fox to make the wrong programming decisions.

36. Wendy says:

Always when new shows are just getting warmed up and catching my attention… They get canceled… Breaking In… So sad to see you go. Human Target as well… Lie To Me… Farewell… A Bones spin off… Really!?! Yuck… Why mess with a good thing…

37. Егор says:

Да блин!!! как так можно с людьми поступать!!! Сколько людей ждет сериал Lie to me а Кости никто не смотрит!!! Я не знаю это тупость!!! БРЕЕЕЕЕЕЕД!!!

38. Kyan Jackson says:

Human Target…how could they cancel it? awesome show, BRING IT BACK!

39. Ken Carroll says:

I’m very upset with lie to me being cacelled . What a great show !

40. Sam says:

Hi SUPER mad that they cancelled Lie to Me, Human Target and Breaking In.

What is Fox thinking???? Come on…..don’t you consider all the people around the world that happen to like these shows?

I’m disappointed. I used to believe that FOX was the one channel that gave a shot to shows that other networks were to stupid to keep, and now they’re becoming no better than the rest of the networks……Bringing 15 new shows to the fall line up…..why?….so you can cancel 14 of them?

41. Asad says:

I only recently watched human target for the first and i got hooked on it …

i just honestly cant believe that they cancelled it …

who would do such a thing? BLOODY MONSTERS :(

42. Rebecca says:

Can’t believe they canceled Breaking In. That was the funniest show on TV in a long time and my hubby and I both loved it! Networks cancel all the best shows..

43. Des says:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!! “LIE TO ME” WAS THE BEST SHOW ON!!!!! I LOVED THAT SHOW. WHY do you always cancel the good ones and keep the loser shows? “house”, really??????? That show sucks! Reality TV sucks! Animated shows suck! And you suck for taking off “LIE TO ME”! I think we all should stop watching tv, stop buying gas and refuse to comply with the “man” until some normalcy comes back to the world! Really who wants to watch these other sucky shows?????? Who wears what? Who will marry me? Who will fight with me on a deserted island??????? REALLY?????????? Who’s my baby daddy??????? Human brain cells are dying as I speak! FOX, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!

44. wally says:

I am so tired of getting invested in tv shows and then they cancel them. These tv stations better wake up and realise people are watching the shows sometimes on their computers and that if their not careful tv stations will go the way of the 8 track and maybe it should. quality tv like Human Target and Chicago code are being replaced with stupid ass SNOOKI type reality it makes me sick.

45. Paul says:

When are they going to learn. Fox the viewers will just go somewhere else. AI, Glee, and all that reality crap doesn’t cut it. After next year House will be gone. Where are the real characters?…

46. Ben says:

I wish Fox would bring back Lie to Me, it was seriously the only TV show I ever watched.

47. Elin says:

Love Lie to me! It’s smart and has wonderful actors. How Fox can cancel it is a mystery… Honor to them if they decides to take it back.

48. Egor says:

Да что ж вы делаете??? Вы закрыли самый мировой сериал который:
    1) Не завершен!
    2) Нет смысла закрывать!
    3) Снят по восприятию и лжи, а каждый знает что это всегда интересно!!!
    4) Да там же Tim Roth снимается!!!
    Если Fox считает что сериал унылое говно, то люди, которые там работают просто идиоты!

49. Tabitha Grimm says:

I am extremely disappointed that Lie to Me was cancelled.

50. jessica says:

i loved Chicago code and human target! they were the best shows on fox. i just started to watch fox network again because of these shows now that they took them off i stopped nobody in my household wants to see fringe and gee are more house because we’re tired of him. hopefully they sell Chicago code and human target to another network!!