Fox Cancels Human Target, Lie To Me, Chicago Code, Two Others

Fox went on a killing spree late Tuesday, canceling five bubble shows including Human Target and Lie to Me.

The network also axed freshman comedies Breaking In and Traffic Light as well as Shield creator Shawn Ryan’s rookie cop drama The Chicago Code.

Fox Renews Bones For Seventh Season

The cancellations come one week before Fox is set to unveil its fall schedule to advertisers.

Fox, however, was also in the mood for addition as well as subtraction, granting orders to several new series including the Bones spinoff and J.J. Abrams’ Alcatraz.

House Picked Up For Season 8

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect this evening’s bloodbath.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Scoop

1. Templar says:

Rats! i loved Human Target until they messed it up by bringing in the Pucci character.

• charmer1 says:

Yea,having the love interest killed it for me.

• andy somerset says:

agreed..Pucci changed the dynamics. I will miss Lie to Me as well. Soon there will be nothing worth watching only stupid-ass reality shows!!!

• S,. Mizell says:

I liked Mrs Pucci, I think it is a big mistake to cancel
          Human target, and Lie to me.

• Carolyn says:

I am very unhappy that Fox has chosen to cancel both of those shows. I liked the Pucci love connection. Its to bad that people who enjoyed watching both are not the powers to be. I didn’t miss an episode of either one. I miss 24 and now I guess I get to miss these two. Fox has a new program on this year that I like (Tera Nova). I better not get to attached. Don’t know how long it will be around. I hope they give it a chance I really do like it.

• Donna Thomas says:

i love human target as well. it was nice seeing valley act on fringe so i was super excited seeing him in something new; as for lie to me i was given a reason to stay up late. both shows are equally brilliant!!! but they cancelled them!!! and they fox’s are smart!!!!!

• Spencer503 says:

I agree. Reality TV sucks and has far outlived its entertainment value. Not everyone likes reality television. How about they bring back some real television shows with some real entertainment value. I gave up watching television a while ago since they have bombarded the viewer with these stupid ass reality shows. Now I use Hulu, Netflix, or one of the other services to find the shows that appeal to my taste.

• luiz says:

preferred to lie to me. tinue today so this series related to movies that were hits at the cinema. as residentivol, avatar and Jurassic Park.

• Robert Litfin says:

…And even more stultifying Cartoon caricatures.

• Martha says:

I’ll really miss Cal Lightman…. I loved this serial.
          To FOX :
          MAKE 4th Series OF LIE TO ME!!! PLEASE.
          (I’m the fan from Poland)

• Mac says:

I also agree that the attempt to “romanticize and humor” up the series with the new additions probably wasn’t the best idea and moving it to Fridays wasn’t a great idea either. RIP HT….

• suzyku says:

Human Target WAS a great show until Ilsa Pucci, they really made a huge mistake with her character and it pretty much brought down the whole show. I’d rather watch Human Target than The Finder, that show was awful!

• NonnaRu says:

I agree with you completely about the Finder….it should get Lost
        Target was a good show with bad handling. Do you think there is any chance of another network picking it up? That would be great.

• EW says:

I didn’t mind Pucci after a while – at least she had a reason to be there and her money gave the boys some more toys (jet plane, etc). I disliked the character of Ames more – her presence basically turned the awesome Guerrero into a babysitter. The Guerrero from Season 1 would have put a bullet in her the first time she mouthed off.

• Leslie says:

I love Human Target and it’s the only action/drama show that I watch. And unlike many of you, I enjoyed the addition of Ms. Pucci to the show. There’s no other show like it on TV with such likeable characters and Fox is making a HUGE mistake. I hope they are having second thoughts and decide to keep it.

• Me says:

Pucci didn’t bother me – or make the show any better – but the bottom line is that Fox had a couple of pretty shows that they cancelled in Lie To Me and Human Target, and yet there are SO many bad shows that keep going on and on… I don’t get the fascination with people preferring “reality TV”, do they really think it’s real???

• Jill says:

Reality shows are cheaper to make…..low-paid actors and they save$$$ on writers, too. And money is the bottom line!

• william says:

I agree with you. Both of these shows had a better tv following than just a reality type show… I turn off all Big Brother, X factor, Wish you can Dance, etc. Every cable and normal TV has to have several of these types of shows to bring in a fan base. Regular TV action or drama shows seems to be “old” fashion and thus not “supported” by the 2011 fans.

• desmond young says:

I totally agree. Ms. Pucci had a reason to be there and she added a lighter side to the story with her righteousness yet naive law-binding innocence that some times drive the professionals crazy. Funny and enjoyable.

• Ellied says:

Wah! I really liked this show, even with the annoying Pucci. I am seriously wondering about the brain power of the US when ppl like Bristol Palin or Snooki get a show and there is no more serialized drama. SICK OF STUPID REALITY SHOWS!!

• Jake says:

Wow…so much hate from your comments. I know you are so jealous that Bristol and Snooki have their own TV shows, but guess what? Their shows are not on FOX and yet you continue to castigate people who have their own shows. Who is next on your attack list? Katie Couric, Oprah Winfrey? Dude…grow up already! Society is sick and tired of people like who do nothing but whine and complain.

• NonnaRu says:

Bristol is a teenager trying desperately to get out of her mothers shadow, Snooki and her friends are a bunch of empty headed flashes in the pan, and before you know it they will be middle aged failures.

There ARE too many reality shows on now and the Snooki’s and Rob’s (Survivor)are really becoming tiresome. To be upset that a scripted show that you like has been cancelled while the drivel that is most reality shows continues is not jealousy, it is frustration.

• Kelly says:

Oprah is way overrated, and it’s a shame the networks cater to idiot programming. As soon as a some intelligent programming comes along it gets axed. I predict Suits also won’t be around too long … it’s too good for network TV. We need an Intelligent Network – any entrepreneurs out there?

• Thorn says:

Sorry mate, but ‘reality tv’ is often contrived and even scripted (of a sorts) encourage and manupulatung people into nothing more than dancing monkeys. Sadly. Or’s cheap tv and, as opposed to the Osbournes which was funny, tends to drag. Mainly due to the directors trying to milk it. Not a whinge, it’s a fact in tv world.
          Cheap tv that really doesn’t ‘care’ about those involved. As they’ll be carrying its baggage long after you’ve forgotten their names. Peace our.

• Savorymaxwell says:

I disagree bring in a love interest made the show better and if you look at rating most shows with two strog characters with a love connection do well, if only fox gave shows a chance like USA network does…. Hopefully they pick up Breaking in, and Chuck when NBC axes it…

• chris says:

i agree we could have done without her character –it was a great show — also pissed about lie to me also another bad choice by fox to cancel some of our favorite shows

• Max says:

I agree they did mess it up bringing in her, but I quit watching Fox or any affiliation they have due to canceling “Lie to Me”. They say the viewers were going down. Well that will dukkin happen when you keep moving them around to accommodate other shows you are trying out. Lie to me has and still does more potential then any other show on Fox. So until they bring it back, No fox for me.

• Amy says:

I 100% agree with you. Lie To Me had so much potential and Fox through it all away.

• laura says:

I totally agree I cannot belive lie to me was cut!!

• Thomas says:

So disappointed that Lie to Me was axed. Was the ONLY show I watched religiously. Now I have NO reason to watch FOX. Epic Fail for this move FOX.

• brittani says:

agreed fox is nothing at all without “lie to me” if I might say lie to me was the best thing that ever happened to fox but now that its gone I wonder how they’ll get their rating now….bye bye fox…..I wonder if another network will pick up on lie to me and give it a shot…. I mean after all it is an amazing show I loved it ….

• Sophia Williams says:

I did not like the Pucci character either, but I love this show to death I wish they would bring it back. I was looking forward to this season please mister Producer please bring The Human Target back

• Sandra says:

Human Target was a favorite of everybody in our house. That was a TV night for the family. Any chance another station may pick it up? I would really like to see it come back.

• Lewis says:

Fox cancelled my 3 favorite shows, lie to me, Chicago code and human target. I hope USA will pick them up and continue where they left off.

• Joanna says:

OMG, I’m still so pissed that they cancelled Lie to Me! I own all three seasons on DVD and am exceptionally annoyed that the network saw fit to ditch one of the best cast of characters in a TV series, ever! The dynamic of the charatcers is amazing!!
      Anyone know why they cut it from the lineup (aside from their apparent STUPIDITY?!)?

• Joanna says:

• christina says:

Fox Sucks, seriously I loved watching Lie to me, Human Target and Chicago Code. What a bunch of idiots. I barely watch fox now.

• Mona says:

I love this show human target and mist it alote I wish they will put it back on tv. I always looking forward wathching this show . the caraters were awseome I just love everything about it

• Ilya says:

return Lightman

• sonya says:

I don’t get it…..every time I like a what I consider an awesome show….it gets cancelled. This really gets on my nerves. I loved Lie to Me it was fantastic. You don’t even give people a chance to enjoy anything because you keep canceling everything…..and then on top of that you leave stupid shows on…..I really don’t understand your reasoning behind this. :(

2. Sam says:

I wasn’t too attached to Breaking In, but I thought it was pulling good numbers. What happened?

• Allie says:

Yeah, same here. I thought it had good ratings and reviews.

• Anna says:

All three shows were doing better than Fringe. :-( I’m glad about Finder making the grade; but not that they’re wasting more space on Abrams.

• Haley says:

Yea I liked breaking in. But Fringe is a more interesting show and has more viewers so it was renewed for another season earlier

• Mike says:

I’m thrilled that FOX is still willing to take chances on these high concept shows. Alcatraz has all the right pieces in play to appeal to the LOST audience so there’s a built-in intro audience right there. Now it just has to live up to the hype. Fingers crossed it does. With the # of shows being introduced by JJ Abrams and Co. this fall, surely at least 1 will be decent and stick around!

• Disappointed says:

I am actually a little sad that Breaking In was canceled, it may have been a bubble show, but it was a lot of fun to watch and I am little sad to to see it go. It would be great if picked up by another network (if possible) could be a great pair with NBC’s Community

• Sads says:

I’m really sad about Breaking In! I was loving it! Christian Slater was awesome and it was so nice to see Bret Harrison on tv again! I’ll miss it more than Lie to Me….

• Caryn says:

I thought it was great comedy. I am done watching new shows on Fox they end up canceling them all anyhow. I will stick with the other 3 networks who know when they have a good thing going. Fox seems to keep the stupid crap like American Idol and trash the good stuff like The Good Guys and Breaking In!!! Done, done, done with FOX!

• dee dee says:

I am so tired of being dissappointed by Fox. I too had hoped to see The Good Guys return and now I see that Lie to Me is gone too! I can’t take all the “fake” reality shows.That’s entertainment? Really wish the great USA network would pick up shows that Fox so ignorantly cancels. Fox is not so Foxy, but more like a mutt.DeeDee

• Tureia says:

I really liked The Good Guys too! I am also very upset that Lie To Me and Human Target got the ax. I waited so patiently until September to see the new shows. And, to my extreme disappointment they were nowhere to be seen. Boooooooo! to you FOX

3. Stockwell says:

Human Target had a ton of potential, but just dropped the ball in too many areas. I desperately wanted to like it, but there was too much better TV to watch.

4. Lex says:

EW said that this may give Lie to Me a better chance at renewal. I’m hoping that’s true!

• Cal's_girl says:

I sure hope so!

• Kris says:

Sorry to disappoint you, but please read the post: Lie to me is cancelled as well

• ger says:

Be nice Kris – the original post only listed Human Target and Breaking In. This site doesn’t always indicate an updated entry (unlike Deadline – maybe TVLine should learn from it).

• Cyndi says:

Sure reads to me that Lie to me cancelled. Maybe u need to reread it. The title even says it. all. I am only bummed about Human Target. I didn’t mind Mrs. Pucci’s addition.

• Kris says:

thanks for reprimanding me O.o
            only because many people aren’t nice in their comments doesn’t mean I am not nice….
            I really was sorry to disappoint the Lie to me fans :/

• tvgirl says:

Title: Fox Cancels: Human Target, Lie To Me.

• Kate says:

The title was updated as the information came out. Originally it just read Human Target and Breaking in. Then they added CC and Traffic. Lie to Me was added well after the rest of them so for the first people on here Lie to Me was still in limbo.

• D Orndorff says:

I love both of these, really disappointed!!!!

• Debbie says:

I am very upset that they canceled “Lie To Me” that show had potential for another season. I am upset about “Human Target” being canceled and I agree that they messed it up by bringing in the Pucci character. But we were led to believe that if Human target went down that we would still have “Lie to Me” What is fox doing putting on more of the reality crap. I am not happy with fox. But I am glad Fringe is still around it is a wonder they did not drop that one to.

• Bev says:

FOX finally creates a show I want to watch (Lie To Me), then takes it off the following season …. figures. I knew I should have stuck with ABC, CBS, NBC, and Cable stations.

• Stacey says:

I agree they should have kept Lie To Me they really should start another season on cable as the other stations are finiky as well

• Feste says:

Lie to me was a thoughtful drama with a fascinating premise. Probably a little too complex for Fox’s simpleton audience that prefers programming depicting dysfunctional idiots (reality tv, glee, house…).

• Bigref says:

Simpleton shows like Bones, Alcatraz, Lie to Me and Fringe? I am sorry that Lie to Me and Chicago Code are cancelled. I enjoyed them both, but why the intellectual snipe at Fox. NBC has Free Agents,Grimm,The Playboy Club,Law and Order (The Last Gasp), The Biggest Loser,Up All Night and Whitney. ABC and CBS fare little better.

Bashing the Fox audience, rather than the TV watching public, for not watching a good show like Lie to Me, seems to be a little lie to yourself.

5. mooshki says:

Damn, I love both those shows!

6. John says:

Human Target started out when it was a manly show with a bit of sophistication. They they brought in the women, and the tough guys started spending their time talking about their feelings. Guys who wouldn’t take orders from anyone had to take orders from the rich lady. My brother and I both had to stop watching. Terriers was a hundred times better than this was at the end.

7. Kristen says:

Does this give Lie To Me a better shot at renewal?

8. Crystal says:

Dang! I loved Breaking In! It was a cute little show. I’ll miss Human Target as well.

9. yekimi says:

That’s why I rarely watch any shows on FOX. You get interested in something and “BAM!”, after two shows it’s gone. About all I watch on Fox is Glee and the animated shows on Sunday but didn’t start watching them until I was sure they wouldn’t get canned.

• Nikki says:

I agree with you on that! FOX kills everything that is truly funny. Breaking In was great and they killed Running Wilde before it had a chance to take off. And I will never forgive them for taking Arrested Development away.

• Xavier says:

The only reason I continue to watch Fox is for Bones because I find it somewhat entertaining. I miss Lie to Me and I hope they decide to put it back on air.

10. Sally says:

I should know better than to get attached to
    shows on Fox. Breaking In is adorable. Crap!

11. Christina says:

Human Target miss fired with its second season. It’s cancellation is no surprise.

12. Amy says:

I am so mad! I love Breaking In. I think it is one of the more funnier show on tv right now. I can’t believe they canceled it. I am really upset with tv programming this year. First they canceled Terriers and now they cancel Breaking In!!!! I am sick of crappy shows staying on air but really good show being cancelled!!!

13. Tracey says:

Of course they cancel shows I actually enjoy. What are they doing? Trying to become more like the CW network? Do they think only the people watching shows are those under age 40?

• Deb says:

Yes, it is all about that coveted 18-49 demo group, particularly the women who are 18-40 in the demo group, the networks are looking at. If you don’t fit into that age group, you’re viewing habits don’t count. Loved Human Targe and will miss it. Better show than a lot of the mindless reality shows out there.

• sashay says:

That’s not true. Fox also cancelled Traffic Light, another great show about couples. I’m pretty sure women aged 18-35 were the primary demographic. At least Fringe was renewed. I’m happy that I didn’t try out Breaking In, otherwise that would have been another show that I’d miss.

14. MJ Dulmage says:

Count me among those who hope that these two cancellations give Lie to Me a better chance of returning. One can never get enough Tim Roth.

• Tarc says:

I saw one episode of Lie To Me, and I can assure you, that was enough Tim Roth for a lifetime.

• nitemar says:

I heartly agree with you. Could never got the feeling of TR being central character, he did not have the cut for me, dont know if it was his accent, the way he talked, I had the feeling he was spitting everyone around him, and or his demeanor. Sorry for Gillian.

15. Nikki says:

Dang! I really liked Breaking In!! Ugh!

16. Michelle says:

does Mark Valley have the worse luck with shows

17. dijea says:

Loved Human Target – but they screwed it up when they brought in a woman boss. Dang it!

18. Morgan says:

Rats, I loved Human Target and Breaking In was entertaining as well. Its too bad they moved Human Target around on the schedule so much. Kind of hard to get good ratings if half the audience doesn’t know when to tune in.

• storyfan says:

Precisely. They screwed it over by moving it around with little to no warning. I am royally peeved about the cancellation of Human Target and Breaking In.

19. Joe says:

I’m effin’ furious! i’m gonna be super pi$$ed if they bring back Lie to me, I love Tim Roth don’t get me wrong but Lie To Me is HORRIBLE!

20. Coleman says:

Breaking in? Really? After 6 episodes and putting it on at 9:30? F&%$ you, FOX.

21. Lynn H says:

What!?! I love Breaking In! Very fun and charming. And Christian Slater is a delight. I’ve had it with network television. If something doesn’t get blockbuster ratings right out of the box it gets cancelled. And they wonder why people don’t want to invest in new shows.

• Megalion says:

I’m really annoyed too… I watched My Own Worst Enemy and The Forgotten and Breaking In was pretty funny.

Quit cancelling his shows!!

• Kate says:

I agree! I really enjoyed the Forgotten especially at the end when he found his kid which I did not see coming at all!! Wish they would have been given more time to find their legs on that one.

• Gwen says:

My husband and I really miss “The Forgotten” and “Human Target” was a favorite, too. Christian Slater and Mark Valley deserve better treatment. And what a treat to see Jackie Earle Haley having such a good time with his character on “HT”! We used to watch a lot of things on Fox…now we’ll be down to three. Keep it up, Fox, and we’ll be finished with you completely!

• sherimoonzombie says:

I’ve followed all his new series too. Liked each one better than the previous one and loooooved Breaking In. His character, the cast and the writing were excellent. So p’d off about this one. Any chance another network could pick it up??

22. matt says:

Breaking In is the funniest show that has come along in the last five years. This totally sucks! I seriously am hating Fox right now.

• Jennifer says:

Are you SERIOUS??? Breaking In made me laugh out loud!! Please bring it back on, it was the funniest show that had been on television since (for me) Friends. Bummer

23. Jenny says:

I’m super mad about Breaking In!!! I loved that show! They didn’t even give it a chance!

24. Truthiness says:

Human Target made the same mistake Heroes did, they screwed up the second season, the difference is on Fox you don’t get a couple more seasons to try to fix your mess. When they brought in Pucci and said she would be a “silent partner” in the business, and then made her the focus of the show the whole thing was dead in the water.

25. Renee says:

NO!!! I loved Human Target!! Yeah they screwed up bring in the women that way, but it was EASILY FIXABLE. I hate reality crap and have never liked sitcoms. When I finally get another fun show they yank it!

26. znachki says:

D@mn! I really liked the Chicago Code. I guess Tim Minear gets to add to his “Cancelled again” string.

27. Mike N. says:

Chicago Code? NOOO!!! WHY?!?!?!?!

28. ALEX says:

No verdict yet on Traffic Light? If Breaking In and The Chicago Code got axed then surely Traffic Light is doomed… Or perhaps this means good news for it?!

• sashay says:

No unfortunately the article says Traffic Light was cancelled as well. I’m beginning to think that it’s a waste of my time to try out any of the new shows, they are gone just as you get really attached.

29. muir says:

Breaking In was cute, and I’ll miss it, but The Chicago Code? Seriously? That’s been one of my favorite shows this season – everything about it was just spectacular, and I looked forward to it every week. That’s just…painful. =/

30. Lily says:

OMG! I cannot believed they cancelled ‘The Chicago Code’. This is truely upsetting bc it was a great show.

31. ihateFOX says:

CHICAGO CODE IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS IVE SEEN IN A WHILE, IM SO PISSED!, SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS!, ITS SOUTHLAND ALL OVER AGAIN! FCUK!

• lipsticksocialism says:

IM TOTALLY WITH YOU ON THE CAPS AND CHICAGO CODE BEING ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Julian says:

I can not believe that Fox cancelled The Chicago Code. Not only did the show represent my hometown Chicago really well (since it was filmed there, and not in LA), but it was real. It showed the true lives of cops and realistic down to earth cases. Not guys getting killed in a porta-potty or getting bit by dinosaurs on the CSI shows. Man, I’m gonna miss this show.

• Chrisat says:

FOX has cancelled several of our FAVORITE SHOWS!!! It’s time to counter attack FANS!!!! TIME TO BOYCOTT FOX!!!! Get them where it hurts!
        I for one love Bones, Fringe and House, but it’s time to “unlike” these major shows on Facebook, Twitte…r, and MySpace. It’s time to threaten their meat and potatoe shows. Obviously, pleading to the shows through community discussions, Facebook pleas, Twitter and hey, tons of fans!!! Fox has decided to cancel the shows FANS LOVE!!!!

We need to let them know that the FANS aren’t taking their crap anymore when it comes to TV!!! It’s time to take a stand people. Stop watching FOX. Unlike their meat and potatoe shows like Bones, House, and Fringe. Go to every news and social media outlet available to protest!!!!!
        We can do this!! WE CAN DO THIS BECAUSE WE’RE THE FANS AND WHAT WE THINK COUNTS!! Now, let’s get out in the Internet world and make our voice heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!See More

• Bernd says:

I agree. Have just finished watching TCC here in the UK. Best thing in a long while. I think Bones is getting tired and should have been dropped instead! Don’t really care if that upsets anyone, but think the “humour” they are trying to inject in Bones is quite laboured and sad. TCC deserves much, much more – BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

• Bob says:

DOUBLE FUGATZ!!!

• Betty B. says:

I am truly Pissed off that Chicago Code has been canceled – smart power dynamics, great acting and loved the fast pace. Sadly so many smart, engaging shows seem to never make the advertisers short list. This was truly a well-watched and loved show in our home! Smart TV doesn’t seem to stand a chance…

Please bring it back!

• Chris S says:

Chicago Code has been one of the best new cop dramas I have seen for ages alongside Luther (starring Idris Elba from the Wire) – I’m from the UK and it had a real gritty edge to it. Someone get it back on television.

• dave says:

100% agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope some other (better)network picks up chicago code…just like southland…the show was just getting going…THANK YOU shawn ryan for another fanloved,fanfreakintastic show…how about a new network entitled…great shows that idiot network execs dont like…kinda long acrohy though…

32. Kristen says:

I knew that if it came down to The Chicago Code and Lie To Me that TCC would prevail. So what does this mean for LTM?

33. ladyhelix says:

Nooo – Breaking In showed moments of real promise. I’ll admit it hadn’t found it’s stride, but this is disappointing. And it was very watchable (even for me – and I don’t watch much)

34. Juliet says:

Damn, I really like Breaking In.

35. Michelle says:

don’t have a problem with any of these cancellations. These shows are mediocre.
    Fox kept Fringe even though the ratings are low so I give them credit for that. It’s a good show with a loyal following.

36. heather says:

Frustrating news! I was really enjoying Chicago Code too…

37. DennyS says:

Chicago Code is not one of the best, but its great nevertheless. If anything were to be saved, that show would be it. sad :(

• NANCY says:

This si not the Greatest Show on Earth but it is entertaining & refreshing, wanting to take down corruption from within is a very dangerous move…..

38. Laurel says:

Chicago Code was a GREAT SHOW !
    And Breaking In was good too.
    This BITES !

39. TigerNightmare says:

It’s not surprising they canceled Human Target, but it is a disappointment. Sure, season 1 is vastly superior to season 2, but it was still a fun show to watch, mostly.

I resent that they’re picking up the Bones spinoff Finder, though, at Human Target’s expense. Backdoor pilots are so retarded. Finder doesn’t even qualify as a spinoff because none of those characters existed prior to the Bones episode. It’s like self-nepotism to shove new characters down people’s throats on a show they already like and depend upon the already decent ratings for a pickup. And do we need more procedural crime dramas on TV?

And while Chicago Code wasn’t my favorite show, it was decent enough. I thought it was doing well in the ratings. Matt Mitovich reported today that last night’s airing was an improvement over last week. So what’s going on there?

40. Liz says:

I haven’t been this upset with Fox since they canceled The OC. I loved both Breaking In and Human Target. This hurts.

41. CJ says:

Sad news about Chicago Code. The show had interesting characters and a really timely storyline. The last couple of eps have been really tight and intriguing. Now I’m down to one Fox show to watch – Bones. Did not like the ep that introduced the “finder” at all, and none of the other new offerings look even remotely interesting.

42. Mikos says:

Wow, I knew Human Target was unlikely to get a third kick at the can and I get it since it never really built a big audience – too bad, very fun show and very needed on the tv landscape.

But Chicago Code?! Way to go Fox, you’re blowing an opportunity there.

43. skyfan says:

It’s FOX – cancelling decent shows is in its nature. Firefly? say no more…

• satyr says:

I have a theory, Fox buys great shows so other stations can’t have them. They run those shows just enough to say they gave em “a chance” and then kill them. Making sure that nobody has anything better to watch than the more cheaply made “reality” shows.

44. Mikey says:

Breaking In didn’t really impress me, but I do love Chicago Code!!
    Someone else said it was Southland all over again, at FOX and it’s true!! I can’t believe FOX wants to go with ‘The Finder’ (Bones spin-off); one episode/pilot and it *sucked!!* And as much as I do like Traffic Light, I’d sacrifice it for Chicago Code. FOX’s best dramas are: Bones, House, Fringe, Chicago Code & Lie to Me (I don’t count Glee as a drama) Now that I look at MY list of shows, I realize there’s not enough room on schedule to include The Finder AND Chicago Code, unless FOX were to drop Idol or some other ‘reality’ show!!

45. Rachael says:

Dear Fox:

May all of your shows give you ratings success of your “superstar” Fringe, a show you choose to renew season after season over shows that deliver higher numbers.

Dear Shawn Ryan:

Never do another show for Fox.

— Rachael

• chris says:

i agree, fringe is an ok show, but id choose the chicago code anyday, its like southland , it feels real and it just amazes u in every way

• muir says:

I’m depressed that TCC got cancelled, too, but there’s no reason to take it out on Fringe, which is a fantastic show. And let’s recall that Fox shoved Fringe into the Friday night death slot, it’s not like they’ve been throwing Fringe parades.

• Tarc says:

I couldn’t make out what you were trying to say in that post, but I’d simply say that if all FOX shows were as good as Fringe, then FOX execs would be worshipped and wealthy beyond avarice.

• JohnDoe says:

This. This axing of these shows makes me proud to be a Fringe fan that stuck it out with watching it, because FOX could have easily have canceled a great show just when it’s getting even better.

• Liz says:

@Rachael:

Shawn Ryan signed a 3 year deal with Sony Pictures Television at the beginning of April. Which is good news for those who are fans of his shows since that will give his shows more of a chance to succeed at finding a suitable network.

I will be sad to see The Chicago Code go, it was a wonderfully shot, acted, and written show. I’m also devastated about Lie To Me, which didn’t have the best writing all of the time, but the Tim Roth is a brilliant actor and was always entertaining as Cal Lightman.

• Shania says:

Hey maybe some of us like an original show, instead of yet another cop show. Doesn’t matter how great everyone else says it is, I for one am completely sick of the genre. That’s probably why the ratings stayed so low, cop, medical and law shows have been done to death.

46. Aiden says:

Excited for JJ Abrams’ Alcatraz. I’m pretty disappointed that Human Target and The Chicago Code got canceled, but at least Fox chose to have faith in a fellow struggling show, Fringe. That renewal puts them in my good graces despite these cancellations.

47. Ryan says:

Human Target was damn good TV. Chicago Code was also pretty good because it had a better grip on its characters and the city politics than your average ‘CSI lets solve crimes and deliver flat lines’. I’m disappointed about both of these.

Really stupid FOX. I do hope this means Lie to Me is coming back though. That’s really good too, and now, aside from Fringe, will be the only thing I watch (I watch Bones on DVD).

Stupid also because in 2012 House will likely sign off, and Bones will be heading into season 8. That means they will have no dramas (unless Lie to Me comes back) that are over a year old. (I too am not counting Glee as a drama)

On a a side note, I met the Human Target guys at Comic Con. Will always remember that moment. They were really friendly. I’m going to buy season 2 on DVD day of release just to mess with FOX.

• Janet Marrow says:

I loved Human Target. It was a great show. I was really looking forward to the new season. Hope it will be picked up with another network.

48. X-Ray says:

Human Target isn’t that surprising, although I hoped it would go on another season or two. They moved it around, which doesn’t help a show.

I’m very surprised about the Chicago Code, I thought it was a strong show and should be around for a few seasons at least.

The others I’ve never watched.

My take: Fox should have kept both Human Target and Chicago Code and not gotten involved with a Bones spinoff.

49. Dora says:

What the crap?!? I love Breaking In, I look forward to watching it every week. Fox sucks!!!

50. 24345 says: