Bones Cast, Producers Talk About Sex, Death, Baby Drama and (Gulp) The End

A possible hookup. A death. A birth. The final two episodes of Bones this season are full of big moments. Series creator Hart Hanson, executive producer Stephen Nathan and cast members Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz, T.J. Thyne and Michaela Conlin gathered at the Paley Center for Media on Monday to preview Thursday’s penultimate episode for a group of very lucky fans. They also dished to TVLine’s very own Michael Ausiello (the evening’s moderator) about saying goodbye to one of their own, the status of the Finder spinoff, the arrival of new squinterns, and the possibility of a (gulp) musical episode.

Death Is Coming |
As you’ve probably already heard, a member of the team will fall victim to sniper Broadsky in this week’s episode. We won’t reveal who finds themselves with a bullet in their chest, but suffice it to say it’s a fan favorite. “You don’t want to kill someone on the show and have the audience say, ‘Oh, thank God!’” said Nathan. Added Deschanel: “It’s sad to see both the actor and the character go.”

Will The Finder Find a Home? |
Amid reports that The Finder may fill some holes in Bones‘ schedule next season while Deschanel takes maternity leave, Hanson stressed that such an idea is just one of eight scenarios the producers are mulling. “If The Finder doesn’t get picked up to its own series, then it will go into the bin of ideas for what to do with Bones,” said Hanson. “I’d do just about anything to get The Finder picked up. It’d be fun. But they’re separate.” And if The Finder can’t help, there’s always Bones‘ “deep bench” of supporting talent to pick up the slack.  Hanson hinted at the addition of one or two new squinterns next season. (Dear Bones producers: Please bring back Tina Majorino’s as Booth’s FBI colleague.) Deschanel’s pregnancy has also had another unexpected effect: It has delayed the actress’ Bones directing debut, but Hanson reassured the audience that Emily will helm an episode when she’s good and ready.

Baby Makes Three | How did Conlin prepare for her character’s childbirth in the season finale? “I watched some clips on YouTube,” she replied. “I was very nervous about it.” Probably not as nervous as Hodgins though, who is “the perfect harried father,” said Nathan. Thyne had plenty of inspiration from his own family. “My mom was about to give birth and my dad left her,” he recalled. “He got in the car. I believe I was born in a hallway.”

From One Showrunner to Another | Dealing with a similar will they/won’t they dynamic on his own show, Castle creator Andrew Marlowe told TVLine last month that it’s time for Booth and Brennan to get together. “I do give [his comments] credence,” said Hanson. “He runs a real show. It’s a really good show. He knows what he’s doing, so I’d be crazy not to go, ‘Oh, that’s interesting.’ … He’s one of those voices you would listen to.” But Hanson made sure to point out that listening “doesn’t mean I act upon it.”

To Sing or Not to Sing? | Ever wish Bones would stage a musical episode? You’ll get a little taste of it in this week’s episode when the gang takes on Harry Nilsson’s “Coconut.” But don’t expect a full blown song-and-dance hour anytime soon. Hanson shook his head when the idea was brought up. Added Deschanel: “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

Looking to the Future | There’s no end date in sight for Bones. “As long as people keep murdering people,” replied Hanson when asked how long the show can go on. “As long as these actors are producing what they produce.” Sounds like a far cry from Deschanel’s original prediction. “I thought three years, tops,” she said. “How much can they do with skeletons?!” Turns out a lot, especially when “there’s a lot of story between Booth and Brennan,” added Hanson. For his part, Boreanaz is up for playing the role “as long as its challenging and stuff is going on. I enjoy playing Agent Booth,” he said before jokingly adding, “The money’s gotta be f—ing right.”

Back to the Past | A storyline exploring Booth’s childhood became a causality of the writers strike, but the producers hope to revisit it next season. “We have to decide what [piece] of Booth’s past to bring out,” explained Hanson. “We have a couple choices – [his] mom or dad? Probably not both, but you never know.… I’d be really surprised if we didn’t do that next year.”

Comments (187)

• :-( I don’t want that character to die.

Comment by Irishgirl – May 10, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly, from an 04/17/11 interview with Entertainment Weekly and John Frances Daley who plays Dr. Lance Sweets on Bones:

EW – “Last time I spoke with Stephen Nathan, he teased a tragedy at the end of the season. Please tell me Sweets is not involved.”

JFD – “I just know that they are not renewing my contract, so I don’t know what that means — I’m kidding. I don’t know. I have no idea. I feel like the cast is usually the last to know if something horrible is going to happen. But my answer is I have no idea.”

(This is the end of the interview. He says his contract is not being renewed – then quickly says he’s kidding. HOWEVER, at the start of this interview, he quickly said he knew his contract was not being renewed (for Bones).

I sure hope I am wrong!

Comment by Suncatcher – May 10, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • but they might be singing coconut in honor of sweets death, cuz thats what he always sang…

Comment by shadonrikud – May 10, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Good point.

Comment by Amy – May 10, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • SWEETS IS NOT THE ONE DIEING lol its Vince :P

Comment by Cynthia Booth – May 10, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yep! Final Ep has Sweets in it so he’s not the dead one:)

Comment by Chrissy – May 11, 2011 05:48 AM PDT
      • Bones is my most favorite show.I really hope they don’t have anyone leave or die.I hate it when they do that to the best shows.Good luck to you all.All of you are great!

Comment by Carol Reynolds – May 10, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He does not start the interview by saying his contract is not being renewed. The interviewer teases us by mentioning that Daley says it, in reference to the season finale, and THEN the interviewer goes on to admit, “By the way, I’m totally throwing you off with that snippet.” http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/14/john-francis-daley-bones/

It may still be Sweets, or it might not be…but this interview really doesn’t provide any evidence one way or the other.

Comment by ReadingComprehension – May 10, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally love booth and brennan and hope they get together on the show. They are better the closer they get together. I don’t see why anyone has to die this season,, the show has a great cast and it works. so if it is not broken why fix it?????Just saying

Comment by Judy miskell – May 10, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s not sweets its vincent if you click on this link to wikipedia for the guy who plays vincent it say bones 2008-2011 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Cartwright

Comment by Danielle – May 10, 2011 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NO! NOT SWEETS! CAM – SQUINTERN – CAROLINE BUT NOT SWEETS!!!

Comment by ADaisyADay – May 10, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No Caroline, she’s awesome, she always cracks me up

Comment by Maggie – May 10, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree Caroline is awesome…she’s the linchpin…she can’t be killed off. And not Cam she finally has a good show to be on..I’m thinking squitern..maybe Wendell?

Comment by casper – May 10, 2011 05:38 PM PDT
      • NOT SWEETS!!!!! PULLEEEZE He’s so important to the relationship between Booth and Bones and he’s adorable!

Comment by Mmac684 – May 10, 2011 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hi,
        If Lance Sweet’s contract is not renewed, then could it mean he’s the one getting shot, and, in what circumstances???
        If it is, I hope to see him in another series down the road, he’s SWEEt & FUNNY. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. When do we get to see Ms. Deschanel next????????????????????/

Comment by Diane Archambault – May 11, 2011 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PS – There is also internet news about John Francis Daley going to work on new play with others on the new team. Daley is getting a good reputation as a writer.

Comment by Suncatcher – May 10, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why kill anyone? All the cast members I feel make the show. It would not seem right for one of them to be gone. The interns changing is a good thing. It adds to the show. I feel the main group of cast members are all necessary. It adds to the storyline possibilities. Sweets has a past that has not been explored. The Foster home past he and Brennan share.

Comment by Lesia J. – May 10, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Losing characters doesn’t have to be terrible. Remeber when Zack went down for the whole gormogon thing? It was sad for that one episode, then the season ended,a new one started and everyone moved on. I’m sure it’ll be the same way this time around. Changing out the characters sometime is refreshing and keeps you on your toes!

Comment by Allz – May 10, 2011 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Zack didn’t die…he got locked up ….there is a difference

Comment by Tae – May 11, 2011 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITS SAD BUT TO KEEP THE SHOW FRESH I GUESS SOMONE HAD TO GO. ITS AMAZING HOW THE STORY KEEPS EVOLVING AROUND VERY PERSONABLE CHARACTERS THAT KEEP DRAWING ME IN.I HOPE THAT BONES AN SEELY GET TOGETHER..SOON!!

Comment by Bonfan – May 11, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well, Vincent died in one of he episode.. and uhmm, we’re expecting another dead character? noooooo

Comment by betty – June 17, 2011 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “…but suffice it to say it’s a fan favorite.” So is a Bone’s character the answer to this BI??

Comment by Alicia – May 10, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can we read anything into Cam missing from group photo?

Comment by Barbara – May 10, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think you can read anything into it , Tamara and JFD are both missing because neither one was at the Paley event last night, It’s outlined in the article why they weren’t there. However that also doesn’t mean it’s not Cam.

Comment by Jayme – May 10, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not Cam. Sides for the final episode have Cam quite alive and well in them.

Comment by Lindy – May 10, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Caroline?

Comment by Suncatcher – May 10, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They better not kill Max! Brennan can’t loose another parent. I do love all the squints but I’d rather have one of them go then RO’N!
    Bones is onto something really good! After 7 years the numbers are going up so they better not screw it!

Comment by Deena – May 10, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not Max. Max is on the season finale episode.

Comment by CM – May 10, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they better not take bones, booth, hodgkins or angela..they make the show..not cam either..cbs is already taking that pretty woman on csi miami…cant think of her name..she has dark skin and her husband was killed off.

Comment by mary – May 10, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it will be Max. He isn’t on the show every episode and they said it’s gonna be a fan favorite. I don’t think Max counts as a favorite. He’s likable sure, but I wouldn’t put him on my list of top characters for the show.

Comment by Allz – May 10, 2011 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh oh. Coconut. Sounds like sweets to me.

Comment by garrity – May 10, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is exactly what I was coming to the comments to say! But I saw your post first. I VERY sadly agree.

Comment by Jennie – May 10, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I am very afraid it will be Sweets. I’m not sure how much further they can go with his character honestly. He was really wonderful in this past episode sadly. I wish the actor the very very best.

Comment by Kelley – May 10, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I enjoy Sweets. I must say, it took me a few episodes to kind of ‘get him’, but now I like his character quite a bit. Sweets. Well named. Like others though, I have to think he’s the most dispensible of the main characters, but not because he’s not likable; only because perhaps an analyst isn’t absolutely necessary for this show. He certainly played a big part, but that kind of ran its course. And I really hope it’s not Mr. Nigel Murray, who I absolutely love.

Comment by Williams – May 10, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • isn’t Mr. Nigel Murray in another show already??

Comment by Maggie – May 10, 2011 03:02 PM PDT
        • That whole sort of strange argument Sweets had with Brennan in the diner in the last episode about her being unfeeling and/or not caring seemed sort of foreboding to me. Almost like it was foreshadowing the next episode. If Sweets dies this week, Brennan will be very upset….not only because Sweets is dead, but also because she will think that he did not know that she really cared about him.

Comment by Jane – May 10, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh my God…that would be so sad. The truth is, Sweets is the character whose death will affect Bones the most (I’m excluding the obvious not-gonna-die ones: Hodgela and Booth). I truly love Sweets. After his life-changing experience when the cancer-free guy died at the subway, it would be just terribly sad for Sweets to go. He is, after all, the youngest of the team. He hasn’t accomplished much in his life. He never did get to marry Daisy or have another love interest. He was just starting with the good job with Booth and Brennan. Oh well, I just know in my heart that it will be him :(

As much as I love Cam, I’d rather see her go than Caroline or Sweets. Oh please, not Sweets :(

Comment by Marce – May 11, 2011 03:27 PM PDT
  • It can’t possibly be a coincidence that in the episode when Booth got shot, Sweets told Bones he would sing “Coconut” when she was done singing. Sounds like Sweets is going to be the one who dies.

Comment by Emma – May 10, 2011 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally forgot about this instance- I most definitely agree that it will be Sweets.

Comment by Lauren – May 10, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe Sweets will die and on his death bed say that Zach Addey did not kill anyone!

Comment by carol – May 10, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Holy crap that would be an amazing turn out.. ( if sweets told everyone Zachary was innocent on his death bed) but sweetes will keep a promise… He’s sweets.. When I first started watching bones when I was 1/, I wanted Brennan and booth to get together so bad.. Now I realize without the tension there is no fire, no unexpectedness, no result, no show. That doesn’t mean I dont want them to die Aline.. ( that sounds harsh) it’s definitely booth Brennan Angela hodgins (please god no!) or sweets …. It’s sweets . He’s developing into a writer and it would be interesting to see how b and b manage themselves without his assistance.. Is this post too long

Comment by Val – May 10, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe it will be Zach… we have all said they dropped that ball and never followed up.. maybe he will get killed in prison… they actually do need to put some Meat back into this show.. finish some of the story lines and so on… They need Sweets (not his girlfriend )he is the one they all run to, but dont realize how much they do depend on him. I would like to see the other anilizer guy come back as his best and Booths best friend and spirtual sort of guider….Zach as and that whole story line should be brought back.. there is a killer still out there….
          Dang, I should be a writer… these guys are dropping the ball…lol

Comment by Barbara – May 11, 2011 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Almost positive it has to be sweets. The sniper guy (can’t remember his name right now to save my life) is going to take him out because Sweets is FBI like Booth so it’s one of his own and therefore will greatly affect Booth and cause the reaction what’s his name is looking for. Poor Sweets.

Comment by Allz – May 10, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not Sweets, he is in the finale episode.

Comment by Chrissy – May 11, 2011 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sweets could be a flashback or memory in the final episode, but I am betting on Vincent since Ryan Cartwright is in a new show and the fact that they are introducing new squinterns next season.

Comment by JAEN – May 11, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sweets is alive in the season finale, visiting Angela at the hospital, http://wellsbones.tumblr.com/post/5404547076/bones-the-change-in-the-game-via-bonespedia .

Comment by CM – May 11, 2011 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like Sweets or Cam or Wendell (he is in finale). Oh, boy. Please not the last ones. I don’t need Sweets.

Comment by Dana – May 10, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not Booth, Brennan, Angela, Hodgins or Wendell. It can’t be Cam, what would happen to Michele? She already lost both of her parents. And I don’t want Sweets to die either. No way.
    If that episode doesn’t air soon, like NOW, I think I might have a heart attack.

Comment by D – May 10, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wendell isn’t in the finale. The finale squintern is Vincent Nigel-Murray.

Comment by jess – May 10, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dang! When I saw him in the current promo, I hoped he was the death!

I wouldn’t miss Fisher either.

Comment by Anna – May 10, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wendell IS in the Finale, there have been stills from the episode released.

Vincent Nigel-Murray is the squintern in Hole in the Heart and he is most definitely not in the finale.

Comment by dd44 – May 10, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ^^^THIS^^^

Comment by CM – May 10, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think its Vincent Nigel-Murray. I saw him in an upcoming series commercial called ALPHAS on the Syfy channel

Comment by Stacey – May 10, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I saw that add for the Alphas too. It would make it look likely to be Ryan Cartwright (Nigel-Murray) as he is going to a full time gig that premieres in July.

Comment by KLA – May 10, 2011 02:58 PM PDT
    • IMDB does not list a finale squintern: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1868269/

But I suggest everyone check out the listed episode cast, as some of you will be relieved.

Comment by Anna – May 10, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i don’t think that really means anything. i’ve seen actors listed in episodes that they weren’t actually in, especially if the episode hasn’t aired yet. A lot of the time, imdb just updates the cast listing when a season is picked up, giving each actor the number of episodes that will be in the season.

I really hope it isn’t Sweets, but i don’t think that we can put much stock in imdb’s cast listing.

Comment by Liz – May 10, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Correct. If an actor is a series regular (and John Francis Daley is), they are in the case list for that episode, even if they were not in that particular episode.

Comment by Irishgirl – May 10, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ugh….case list = cast list. Me = Butterfingers

Comment by Irishgirl – May 10, 2011 02:01 PM PDT
          • Plus, even if he is in the last episode, it could be flashbacks of them remembering him or something like that…

Comment by Danielle – May 10, 2011 03:50 PM PDT
          • Yes, but it is usually followed by credit only. Plus, IMBD doesn’t always get a complete cast until the episode has aired.

Comment by JAEN – May 11, 2011 11:18 AM PDT
      • I just saw the Fox press release for the finale episode, and you’re right. There is no squintern, and all the regulars plus Max are there (which means Sweets is still alive!)

Comment by Lindy – May 10, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Or he could be seen in flashbacks…

Comment by Wynne – May 10, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guts tell me the death will be Caroline or Sweets. I would miss Caroline even more in her guest roles ; I love her!

Comment by Ingmar – May 10, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope it’s not Caroline. She makes every scene she is in come alive, and that motherly thing… I love it! I also want Sweets to stay, so if there is a death… I really hope it’s neither of them. Sweets HAS been getting some deep depressing stuff lately…

Comment by Maer – May 11, 2011 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m thinking it’s mr. nigel murrey that takes the bullet. he’s the squintern in thursdays episode, and i was under the impression that this is the episode where said person gets shot. also, he has a new show that was picked up by syfy. so he kind of already has another job. i just really can’t see them killing off another major character after what happened with the zach backlash.

Comment by emily – May 10, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my thought too. And even though he is my favorite squintern, I could survive losing this character more than Sweets.

Comment by zaza – May 10, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Dear Bones producers: Please bring back Tina Majorino’s as Booth’s FBI colleague.”

Tina has never been on Bones… I would love her to be though.

Comment by Stephanie – May 10, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bones (TV series)
      Special Agent Genny Shaw
      – The Hole in the Heart (2011) … Special Agent Genny Shaw

Comment by J – May 10, 2011 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to IMDB, she will be in this week’s episode.

Comment by Mal – May 10, 2011 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I hadnt read it now, it’s definately confirmed for me who will die. The hints were pretty obvious to me, it’s going to be a pretty big deal and very emotional…geesh.

This character has been a huge part of who BB are and has helped them along it’s such a shame, I’m going to miss them.

Comment by Louise – May 10, 2011 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I know … It’s Sweets. It’s so sad. He is a B&B sheeper.

Comment by Goathi – May 10, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol. Every time Sweets ‘helps’ B&B, their relationship gets a little more screwed up.

Anyway, rest easy. It’s not Sweets who dies.

Comment by dd44 – May 10, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • a 100% bet on sweets
    otherwise why isnt jfd with them looks really fishy to me
    vnm was just to throw us off i guess

Comment by melita – May 10, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • John Francis Daly was not in town (I can’t remember why, but someone who was there last night mentioned it on Twitter), which is why he wasn’t there, and the actress who plays Cam was on vacation, which is why she wasn’t there, either. It’s not Sweets.

Comment by Jenny – May 10, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s mentioned in the article that your commenting on that JFD wasn’t there because he was filming a movie.

Comment by Jayme – May 10, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am starting to HATE HART HANSON.
    He is one peice of work…

As to The Finder… I have no intention of watching it.
    It appears that he Hanson is willing to do anything to
    get The Finder on FOX. Even at the cost of Bones.

Comment by Mary L – May 10, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is he doing anything at the cost of Bones to get The Finder on TV? He certainly didn’t get ED pregnant or force her to want to take a few weeks off after she has the baby. For me, I’d rather have a 6 or 7 week late start or hiatus or something and then get uninterrupted episodes, than to see a “Bones-less” Bones for those weeks. I’d much rather see The Finder in those weeks, and have a full season with a full cast. *shrug*

Comment by Jenny – May 10, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, especially since baseball season always messes the Bones schedule up in the fall anyways.

Comment by M – May 10, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ack, didn’t see your post M – what’s this about baseball you say?

Comment by Mikos – May 10, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus the baseball playoffs always mess with Fox’s schedule early in the year anyway. I say let mama Bones have her kid and come back in November with new eps.

Comment by Mikos – May 10, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With you Mary…
      I have no desire to watch the Finder and we are on Season Six of Bones and Booth and Brennan still haven’t or can’t admit to liking each other.

Comment by Leah – May 10, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What they need to do is kill off Zach instead of having him rot in prison. I loved the character and would rather have him back at the lab than having a squint-of-the-week, but if they don’t have any plans on him returning to the show, just kill him off and be done with his storyline.

Comment by Servonut – May 10, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not every character’s storyline has to end in death.

Comment by Cory – May 10, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It better not be Cam! I love her character.

Sweets would be horrible too. Hope it’s just an intern, but are any of them really ‘fan favourites’? :(

Comment by DW – May 10, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • vincent nigel murray & wendell are probably the most fan favourite squints, because VNM is hilarious and wendell has a good storyline… but since wendell is credited in the finale, and VNM is the squint of the week… it better be VNM. i love sweets too much as well, i will cry so hard if it’s him. but i don’t think they’d kill him after the Zack backlash…. or they better not.

Comment by Diane – May 10, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the most likely to be killed off would be either Caroline, Sweets or VNM…
    Caroline: They’ve used her in, what feels like, more episodes this season than any other. She’s likable and if she went, she’d be missed.
    Sweets: I love JFD. He has such terrific comedic timing. It would be such a shame to see him go. But he’s dark haired, wears a suit…Broadsky may mistake him for Booth…
    VNM: He’s a squintern. It wouldn’t make much of an impact on the core of the show if he went. But he is squintern this week and Ryan has a pilot upcoming… So who knows? My money is on one of these three.

Comment by M – May 10, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I suspect it’s VNM. I remember when Zach was revealed as the apprentice, they kept making it look like it was Hodgins. So, I think they’re going to make us think it’s Sweets (e.g., with Coconut) when it will be VNM–throwing us for a loop. VNM is a fan favorite as one of the quirkier interns. And he is joining another show. AND this article says that they may get a new squintern next year… (okay, I just really want it to be VNM over Sweets.)

Comment by k – May 10, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I have to say is, I will be terribly broken-hearted if its Sweets!! He is totally the reason I watch the show! I know he’s not the main star of the show, but when I first stared watching I started because I love JFD!!! I will be soooooo sooooo sad if its him! :( But I fear it might be. That was my first guess! I hope I am wrong! I soooo hope I am wrong!!

Comment by Sarah – May 10, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • when i found out jfd was on bones i went back and watched the entire show from the beginning. as much as i love david boreanaz my love of jfd from freaks and geeks finally pushed me over the edge (i don’t normally watch procedural type shows). of course now i love the show and all the characters but i have such a soft spot for sweets and he adds an important element to the show. it seems like it would be foolish to kill him and i really hope they don’t. as much as i like caroline, i think it might be her. they featured her heavily this season, i think to help the audience reconnect with her and make her death more impactful. she is important but not crucial to the show and she is involved with the broadsky case. that is my guess.

Comment by murley – May 10, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they kill off Zack!

Comment by wendy – May 10, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are they singing Coconut? A very dark thought just crossed my mind? Could it be Sweets? I hope not.

Comment by Maria – May 10, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If IMDB.com is correct, then this is the cast list for ‘The Change in the Game’:

Emily Deschanel … Dr. Temperance Brennan

David Boreanaz … Special Agent Seeley Booth

Michaela Conlin … Angela Montenegro

Tamara Taylor … Dr. Camille Saroyan

T.J. Thyne … Dr. Jack Hodgins (as TJ Thyne)

John Francis Daley … Dr. Lance Sweets

Ryan O’Neal … Max Keenan

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Denise Dowse

Andrew Matthews … Blake Swenson

Kristin Quick … Chance

Matthew Peter Murphy … Pedestrian (uncredited)

Comment by Nicole – May 10, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My phrase is, that without bones bear the BONES!!! If Emily is not only one episode, so it will be decent boredom. I say, if there is bones so that it is not right!

Comment by Natalii – May 10, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is Sweets..that is my bet! This is per an Ask Ausiello that was posted previously. “Dr. Bano is the picture of calm and serenity. Nothing fazes her, not even Angela and Hodgins consulting on a case from the delivery room via Skype with Cam and Wendell! Hilarious!”
    It is about the finale when Angela gives birth.

So if Cam is with Wendell and Angela and Hodgins are consulting…Sweets is killed. Also I watched the promo in slow motion last night and Sweets is looking out the window and up across the street. He starts to lean in a bit before it cuts to black…

Comment by sarah – May 10, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m fairly certain, based on past interviews and spoilers, that the victim of the sniper will be a RECURRING character, which would mean that the incredibly awesome Sweets and the other five of the six regular characters will be safe. I don’t see how the team would recover so quickly in the season finale if it were one of the main six.

Comment by Cass – May 10, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ryan Cartwright, who plays Vincent has been tweeting about his ‘ fun’ episode on thursday…I’m concerned. He’s my favorite squintern, but I also don’t want to lose Sweets. My money is on Sweets though, because the bullet (according to my tv guide app) is meant for Booth, not sure why vincent and booth would be hanging out.

Comment by Tricia – May 10, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • vincent could be showing booth something since the person gets shot at the lab? i don’t know, i really just don’t want sweets to die! i really think it is VNM though.

Comment by Diane – May 10, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor TJ :’( That’s so sad about his past, it only makes me love him more, his work more, Hodgins more, the baby more, and of course Hodgela more.

Comment by Karla – May 10, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’ll be Sweets – if you watch David Boreanaz’s interview for the Paley center, he mentions Sweets helping Booth through some stuff next season.

I hope it’s Vincent.

Comment by Kate – May 10, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh really?? I haven’t seen that. If that’s true, then my money is on Caroline. But, Booth has hallucinated before…..Sweets could be the victim, and then he reappears next season as a Booth hallucination or something. Just tossing that out there.

Comment by Irishgirl – May 10, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The word you’re looking for in the last paragraph is “casualty”, not “causality”.

Two different things.

Comment by Leithen – May 10, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • unfortunatly I dont see the death of any squintern affecting bones and booth the way it seems to affect them from that last promo pick (bones and booth in bed) To get to the picture of bones collapsed on top of booth I can only see someone VERY close to her that kind of leads me towards cam, her daughter and an outside shot at sweets.

Death of a squintern
    BONES: “Its unfortunate, he will be missed. Can we concentrate on the case now?”

Comment by mmartian – May 10, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but then Brennan always says she’s not as cold as everyone seems to think.
      so even if a squintern dies I dont think Brennan would say that…
      [and yes i'm wishing it's a squintern so it wouldn't be Sweets...]

Comment by xyz – May 10, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not the actual death of the person that bothers Bones so much, it’s the fact that the shot was meant for Booth. She finally realized that she can never lose him, and that is extremely emotionally overwhelming for her.

Comment by Lauren – May 10, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, no musical numbers!!! and no more dream sequences either.

Comment by Raina M – May 10, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I know who it is, it is ……………… Lance sweets!!!!!!:-( So sad to she him go

Comment by Victoria – May 10, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People are bidding on Vincent Nigel Murray’s death. In the next episode he dies. The finale episode’s promo hasnt been released yet. Also, Booth & Brennan might hv sex in this episode resulting in pregnant Bones next season. Please by any chance DONT let it be Sweets. He isnt treated with much respect anyway. :/

Comment by Sakshi – May 10, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really, really hope its not Sweets. If it is Sweets it would be a terrible loss for both Booth and Bones because it seems both of them see him as a type of younger brother.

I hope its VNM, even though he is one of my favorite squinterns, I’d rather lose him than Sweets.

Comment by MMary – May 10, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Damn please tell me it’s not mr nigel murray i will die if i dont hear his british accent again :(

Comment by MJ – May 10, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It may be Caroline?

Comment by Kim Browm – May 10, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just throwing this out there, but what about Max – could he be the one in protecting his daughter get in the way of a bullet?

Comment by K Keaton – May 10, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It cant be Max because he is working with Booth and Bones in the finale.

Comment by Nicole – May 10, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really dont think thwt it will be a squintern. The article says “fan favorite” so it really cant be one of them. My guess is on sweets. Hes not all that important, plus hes easy to replace. Sorry john, thats just how i feel

Comment by Annie – May 10, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet it will probably be Max Keenan because he always gets himself into bad situations. He will probably try and kill that Broadsky guy buy it comes back and bites him in the keister.

Comment by BOSSHOGG – May 10, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please not Sweets!! That would just be awful. I’ve never been a big fan of Cam. So I wouldn’t care if it’s her. Other than that any of the Squinterns would be okay with me. I’ve never liked them as much as Zack.

Comment by jen – May 10, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anything is possible, but has anyone considered Angela’s baby? Even though I do think it could be sweets, or nigel murray but JFD also stated that his contract was not being renewed and then the whole “coconut” thing too :(

Comment by Ashley-ink – May 10, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dont think it could be the baby seeing as how she is having it in the last episode of the season…and also, why would the sniper take the baby out??

Comment by Nicole – May 10, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder sucked sooooooo bad. Can we kill that?

Comment by Jacob Francis – May 10, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you! The Finder was terrible. There was nothing and no one to hang on to in there, to empathize with. Totally unlikeable characters and conduct.

Comment by pralineiguana – May 10, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or at least can we kill Saffron Burrows accent?? Jesus that was painful to listen to for an entire episode.

Comment by Irishgirl – May 10, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking it’s Sweets, and he’s probably in the final episode, because they need his body for the funeral. :(

Comment by Lizzardo – May 10, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg, I just wanna know who it is I do not want any of them to go.

Comment by tamara – May 10, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s Sweets – I’ll be upset. It it’s Caroline – I’ll be upset. If it’s Angela or Hodgins or Cam – I’ll stop watching the show! I still think they should bring back Zack to be a hero and take a bullet but nobody called me! :) So then they should really bring back Zack and maybe if it’s one of the Squints Zack can be paroled (since he really didn’t kill anyone) and come back to the lab next season! Ta-dah! How ’bout them bones, Mr. Hart! :)

Comment by Shelby57 – May 10, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please, please don’t let it be Sweets!!! I love his character!!! I could get along just fine if it were one of the Squinterns after losing Zach, but don’t let it be Sweets!!! BTW, I love Bones, it’s my favorite show! I DVR it on Fox every Thursday and on TNT daily! Love it! But I do want Booth and Bones to get together eventually.

Comment by Amanda – May 10, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Daisy couldnt it be her?

Comment by wendy – May 10, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE EVERY CHARACTER and the individualistic and the quirkyness about each one. Please tell me it is NOT about a death ever, I couldn’t bear it. Sniff, Sniff, sob, sob.

Comment by Constance Piretti-Murphy – May 10, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK ZACK!!!

Comment by Torah – May 10, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m betting it’s zach, he’s been in the mental hospital under false reasons with sweets and hodgens help…zach never killed anyone, he just said he did to claim mental instability..in-order to avoid prison…and brennan is distraught over someone’s death…i think it would be him that would get to her the most……then again it could be another faked death..like when we thought booth had died..and temperance was furious when she realised he was still alive…lol

Comment by rhonda – May 10, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it’s Zack. He’s been gone too long. Thousands of Bones fans never even knew him.

Comment by pralineiguana – May 10, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post