Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Smallville, Chuck, Private Practice, House and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: I hear there’s an unexpected romance on the rise in the season finale of Glee. Any hints as to who is involved? —Aimee
Ausiello:
Here’s what I can tell you about the finale, and it may or may not be related to your question: Everything — relationships, Nationals, etc. — comes down to [spoiler].

Question: So I was thinking about the upcoming Glee death. Can you confirm or deny if the doomed character is a New Directions member? –Jacqueline
Ausiello:
I can — and I will — deny.

Question: I am a closet ABC Family watcher and really enjoy Pretty Little Liars. Got any juicy scoop? —Jay
Ausiello:
Guess who’s finally showing her face in Rosewood? Ali’s mama! The soap is casting the recurring role of Jessica DiLaurentis, the late teen’s mother who comes to town to attend a sure-to-be-sabotoged tribute to her daughter. The role’s recurring so I guess she’s gonna stick around for a bit.

Question: I’ve heard there are two endings for the One Tree Hill finale — one to be used as a season finale and one for a series finale. Does that mean we will find out if it has been renewed for a ninth season before the finale airs? —Erin
Ausiello:
You’re actually going to find out right now: The show is returning next season for roughly 13 episodes. I’m willing to bet all of my Super Smurfs on it. As a result, I assume they’ll go with the season finale airing May 17.

Question: Got Law & Order: CI scoop? — Louis
Ausiello:
As a matter of fact, I do. The L&O offshoot is gearing up to put its own spin on The Social Network… only, being from the L&O-verse, there’s a murder as well as a lawsuit. From what I can glean, the episode, which is currently casting, splits the Mark Zuckerberg character in two: a hot-chick website inventor and her sleazebag partner.

Question: Just a little clue about the blind item about two characters returning to a hit drama at the end of this season? Are they both men? Women? One of each?
—Paula
They’re both women.

Question: Got anything on this season’s final two episodes of House? —Chris
Ausiello:
Do I ever. Sources confirm to me exclusively that someone’s going to be a first-time daddy! And in possibly related news…

Question: Where is House‘s new bride Domenika? Will she turn up in the season finale? —Renata
Yes, but in name only.

Question: Got any Bored to Death intel? —Mark
Ausiello:
Casting Scoop! Happy Endings‘ Casey Wilson has landed a Season 3 guest spot as an old girlfriend of Jonathan’s (Jason Schwartzman) who runs into him on the eve of her wedding day. Speaking of Happy Endings, how’s that second-season pickup coming ABC? Don’t let me down.

Question: Please can you give us any Private Practice scoop on Addison and Sam? Is their split permanent? —Jacklyn
Ausiello:
Kinda sounds like it. Although EP Shonda Rhimes says, “Just because they broke up doesn’t mean that they’re going to stay broken up,” the boss lady acknowledges that they always faced long odds as a couple. “From the minute Addison arrived in L.A. she’s been saying she wants to have a baby, and she sort of put that on the backburner [while she was with Sam],” she explains. “Now she’s sort of at the place where she’s ready to face it. Plus, she is dating the ex-husband of her best friend. That is a messy situation to be in. However justified and lovely and wonderful they are together, it’s a messy situation. And it stays messy.”

Question: This is it Mike. Your last chance ever to give out Smallville scoop. Make it a good one worthy of the Man of Steel. —Joel
Ausiello:
OMG, the pressure! OK, I’ve got two words for you Joel: Surprise. Cameo.

Question: Modern Family finale? Something? Anything? Bueller? —Denise
Ausiello:
The episode ends with the prospect of a significant life change for one branch of the Pritchett family tree.

Question: Cougar Town! Any scoop on the Hawaii-set season finale? —Renee
Ausiello:
Curious what the Hawaiian version of Penny Can looks like? Well, you’re about to find out!

Question: Can you tell us if the person dying on Bones this week is a regular or recurring character? —Alyssa
Ausiello:
It’s a full-time series regular who has been with the show since the very first episode and whose name rhymes with “Moans.” Just kidding. It’s a recurring character (but a popular one).

Question: Deets on the Chuck finale, please! —Megan
Ausiello:
Images of Yvonne Strahovski in a wedding dress have leaked. The show recently shot scenes on location at a Los Angeles-area church. The entire season has been building towards a Chuck-Sarah wedding. Yet in spite of all of this, exec producer Chris Fedak says fans shouldn’t assume those two crazy kids will end up getting hitched in Monday’s finale. “Just because we may’ve shot something at a church doesn’t mean [there’s a wedding],” he teases. “Once you see how our season finale works there should be a degree of doubt. It’s structured in such a way that we don’t know if Chuck and Sarah are going to get together in the end.”

Question: Worst-case scenario — Chuck doesn’t get renewed. Will producers excise the finale’s top-secret cliffhangery epilogue that’s supposed to set up Season 5? —Ryan
Ausiello:
Good question. Let’s ask Fedak. “From a technical perspective, we probably won’t know the fate of the show until after we lock the cut of the finale,” he says. “However, I really like this ending that we’ve built and I think it works no matter what situation we’re going into. I really love this episode. I don’t think I would change it.”

Question: Castle fans are holding our breath waiting for the finale, which has already been described as “explosive” and “mind-blowing”! Any other last-minute scoop to tide us over until Monday? —Cheryl
Ausiello:
The final scene of the episode features nearly the entire cast. Draw your own conclusions.

Question: What can you tell us about Lisa and Ben’s reappearance on Supernatural in the May 20 finale? —Bonnie
Ausiello:
Their return will “test Dean’s resolve,” reveals exec producer Ben Edlund. “It’s going to [force] him to choose what kind of hero he’s going to be. As we always knew, one day or another, he was going to have to make some choices like that.”

Question: I scream, you scream, we all scream for scoop on the identity of the person in the ice cream cone mascot costume on Community! —Erin
Ausiello:
I’m in a bit of a pickle here. TVLine’s Matt Mitovich just forwarded me a quote from Gillian Jacobs that practically spoils the reveal, but if I run it she’s probably going to get in big trouble with her bosses. Damn you, ethical quandary! [Big Sigh] Eh, screw it. She’s a big girl. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT. According to Jacobs, the actor playing the costumed bandit is… “a person on IMDb.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Amber says:

So the glee death…a girl…not a new directions memeber…not emma….Im gonna go out on a limb and say Sue’s sister.

2. Stephanie says:

Anyone who follows ‘House’ spoilers knows that Taub is going to be the daddy. Then again everyone except TPTB could care less. Enough of Taub and his marital woes. I, for one, would much rather see an interesting Chase storyline.

3. Scottie says:

Concerning the two returning women characters on a drama from the blind item… I think it would be AWESOME if they were Sela Ward and Jennifer Morrison on House. Be neat to see Cameron show up pregnant with Chase’s kid and have never told him about it, thus him being the surprise first time daddy… and to have Stacy show up to try and get back with House because she heard he had a real reltaionship with Cuddy or maybe she divorced her husband after he got better.

• McScotty says:

oooh I like that. not convinced it’ll happen, but would certainly be something to think about for House and Chase!!

4. Amber says:

Im going with cameron and stacey as the two comebacks on House…and the first time daddy is Taub…

5. Lisa says:

I hope and pray your news about One Tree Hill is true!

6. Lisa says:

What if the Bones death were Zack?
    I know he’s been in prison, but his death would still be devastating to B and B because his departure from the lab was such a disappointment to them.

• Ella says:

I was thinking the exact same thing – recurring character, much loved, and would affect both Bones and Booth….

7. Kris says:

Ausiello’s spoiler confirms what I now KNOW is the answer to the blind item. The show is Gossip Girl and the two returning characters are Chuck’s ex-girlfriend, Eva and Juliet Sharpe (aka the FABULOUS Katie Cassidy). I’ve read spoilers they both return next week.

8. Kat says:

The more I read the more I am convinced it is going to be Caroline on Bones and that is devastating.
    As far as the Glee death, I think there is a real possibility it is Sue’s sister but I don’t know why that would affect the Glee kids as much.
    Either way I am not looking forward to either sad episode. :(

9. Rachel says:

I think the spoiler: “Relationships, nationals… it all comes down to”… I think it could Santana. Brittana is not necessarily an unexpected relationship, but it could be, what with Santana’s resistance to coming out. And we’ve seen that she can make a big impact with Valerie.

As for the death, I have no idea, but I’m INFINITELY relieved it’s not a member of Glee. I read that it was half of a beloved couple, so I thought maybe Emma, but I’m not sure. A death is really dark for this show, I’m worried for how they’re going to play it.

10. Anonymous79 says:

Tonight when they showed the previews for next week’s Glee, Quinn told Finn they should quit the glee club. If Quinn quits, she would technically not be a member of The New Directions. What if she is the death?

• Amy Leigh says:

They’re not going to kill off Quinn.

• Kirstie says:

I think she meant “technically speaking” one of the New Directions will “die”. Meaning that Quinn won’t die, but she won’t be part of the glee club. It’s an interesting theory. Remember he said there are multiple deaths… One a couple and the other a “beloved” female character. I saw someone post about it possibly being Sue’s sister… that would be heartbreaking. It’s one of Sue’s few redeeming qualities. My guess is Quinn’s mom. Sure, it’s a stretch to say she’s “beloved” by the fans, but she is loved, deeply, by Quinn. It would be horrible to see Quinn effectively become an orphan, considering his estrangement to her as of late. But… it would throw yet another monkey wrench into Finchel’s reunion, which is what we’re all dreading (but should probably prepare for). Quinn will go off the handles and most likely cling to Finn more than ever, making his breaking up with her to go back to Rachel (whom he’s obviously still in love with) impossible. For the time being anyway. This is Glee, afterall. Lol.

11. Cassidy says:

AWESOME news for One Tree Hill! I hope this is legit!!

12. Ashton says:

I know this sounds a tad overdramatic, but I just saw the trailer for next weeks Good Wife episode and you didn’t give us any scoop?? I’m going to die!

13. Mdz says:

Season 5 for Chuck!!!! Please NBC!

14. Chike says:

Lana is one of the other guest stars and Whitney is the surprise cameo. The death on Glee is probably Blaine.

15. miaboca says:

Until I’d heard the Glee death would be a female, I figured it would be the bully, Karofsky. Having him commit suicide seemed right up Ryan Murphy’s alley (revenge on the mean jocks from high school and Murphy could easily call it a commentary on the recent bullying suicides).
    It’s got to be Sue’s sister. Yawn. I like my idea better.

• Mikey M says:

I would like Sue to be killed. She is no longer funny. Just an evil spiteful Woman.
      You can’t keep doing the same thing with her character over and over without it getting boring.
      Wanting to torture someone? I mean, come on.

16. Dawn says:

Easy enough to figure out after the recent “Castle” that the Captain will be one of the 16 fatalities of the finales.

17. anne says:

Come on Ausiello, we already know that Taub is the one who will be the daddy. It was on the press release for next week ep. Come on, give us something that doesn’t involve Taub.

18. Grace says:

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF TAUB!!
    I RESENT EVERY SECOND HE IS ON SCREEN.
    WHY A STORYLINE FOR HIM AND NOT CHASE????
    AND WHY WASN’T JESSE SPENCER MENTIONED IN THE ACTORS WHO ARE RETURNING TO HOUSE FOR AN 8TH SEASON??
    NO MORE TAUB!!!

19. Ingmar says:

The Bones scoop…obvious it will be Max! That will explain her crying.

20. Jorge says:

I personally think the Bones death is the prosecutar Caroline, she is extremely funny, popular and close to Booth so I can see why he would be devestated and bound to take revenge.

21. Ilaria_26 says:

I waited for the moment Addison and Sam broke up all season 4, I like them as friends but this relationship seemed too force in my opinion! …Ausiello please can you tell us something more about Benjamin Bratt character in PP, can’t wait to meet him (I hope he will be there for Addison!)

• Tamara says:

I want to know more about Benjamin Bratt’s character too. He needs to be for Addison. I’m so tired of this mess between Addison and Sam. Their story ruins the whole show for me. They need to move on next season. Give Addison a baby and a new love interest.

• Ilaria_26 says:

@tamara Same feelings for me, and I also hate the way writers portray Addison this season, I found her too whiny and a bit out of character! surely one of my unfavorite season

22. Mosey says:

PLEASE let this be the Supernatural episode that we finally ditch the Ben/Lisa ball and chain ready for Season 7. That part of Dean’s storyline has really been dragging him down this Season. Do not like. And I’m not one of those fans who doesnt like women in the brothers lives – I liked Jo, and I think I was the only one who really liked Dean with Cassie from Season 1. Hey, she’s still alive….maybe they can bring her back for Season 7 before the boys go out in a blaze of glory?

23. Doug says:

What if the Bones death is Parker?

Also, Lie To Me already did the Social Network type episode that L&O:CI is doing.

24. Jenn says:

After Monday’s episode of Castle I am more sure then ever that it’s the Chief that dies! Of all the characters I can deal with the chief’s death mroe than anyone else (that’s not to say I won’t be sad). Kind of dreading Monday night!!!

25. Raksha says:

Community spoiler was SO mean!!!!

26. tahina says:

I think Capt Montgomery will die in Castle, read a spoiler where we get to meet his wife and daughters in the season finale. It’s going to be very emotional. :(

27. Eric F says:

Imdb has kk and callum blue listed in the cast for sv’s finale. I’d place more faith in Zod than Lana…

28. Liz says:

RE: Glee death
    I think it is going to be Karofsky. This guy is a train wreck waiting to happen. I think he commits suicide instead of dealing with coming out.

29. DN says:

Chris Fedak: “Just because we may’ve shot something at a church doesn’t mean [there’s a wedding],” he teases. “Once you see how our season finale works there should be a degree of doubt. It’s structured in such a way that we don’t know if Chuck and Sarah are going to get together in the end.”

“However, I really like this ending that we’ve built and I think it works no matter what situation we’re going into.”

These two sets of comments do not fit together. IF Chuck and Sarah don’t get hitched, then, if it’s a series finale, fans will NOT like it, so how can it be a satisfying season and series finale?

30. Lumos says:

Does anyone still care about Addison and Sam on Private Practice? I don’t care if they break up for good or move away to have gazillion kids; my only wish for the remaining episodes and season five is for their annoying relationship drama to stay the hell away from this show. Give the scenes they spend moping around and mistreating each other to Amelia or Sheldon.

31. An excerpt from my blog, regarding the Community season finale: “With the end tag featuring an antagonistic figure who, from what we know, very much resembles the dean of City College, the promise of revenge made in “Basic Rocket Science” may finally be coming into fruition. Could Professor Michelle Slater have defected to City College in the aftermath of enduring public embarrassment in front of the entire Greendale student body in last season’s finale?” That’s my theory of what’s going. What’s yours?

32. Lisa says:

The death on Glee isn’t going to be female. It’s going to be Dave Kurofsky. And he’s going to leave a suicide note in which he comes out.

33. Frimi says:

WHAT?! No CSI spoilers?! I’m dying here!!!!

34. madde says:

common CHUCK!!!!!!!!!

35. jeff ceragno says:

Christopher Reeve………………………………………..

36. Annie says:

How much more teen drama can Private Practice have? Cause all I see is teen drama (Charlotte seems to be the only adult on the show)

37. Katie says:

anyone else thinking the Glee “death of a couple” will be Lauren/Puck? Fuinn is inevitable but I think they’ll throw in an additional “death of a couple” too. . . . .

38. Mikey M says:

I am going to be pissed if Chuck and Sarah don’t get married.

39. Amy Leigh says:

Hell, I’m in my St. Berry happy bubble and I kind of think that the kiss could possibly be between them especially since all the finale spoilers have made it seem like Finchel is probably getting back together even though Rachel walks away from him. I guess we’ll see in 2 weeks.

40. Brian says:

My guess for Smallville’s surprise cameo? Bruce Wayne.

41. Zy says:

I think that the wedding shown in next week’s Chuck promo is Sarah’s dream while she’s unconscious, à la Titanic . I actually think that they WILL get married, maybe in a tiny impromptu ceremony once Vivian has been dealt with.
    Any theories as to why every other subject of the Norseman has died straight away, but Sarah doesn’t/won’t?

42. robert says:

I can’t wait for the series finale of Smallville i love this show so much and will miss it, i can’t believe its been 10 years then after friday night it over, its the end or is it. . . . ;)

Tom WEellingw ill become Superman and lets hope and pray that stupid WB and “DC” and Nolan and company cast/ choose Tom Welling as Superman for the Justice League Movie

43. deedeedragons says:

If Sue’s Sister does die, she go into full Bond Villain mode.

44. Allison says:

I hope the new Glee romance is either Brittany and Santana or Sam and Mercedes!

re: Glee death. This is what we know from Ausiello:
    It is a “beloved” female character who is not in New Directions and it’s not Emma.
    According to the Fox schedule, these are the remaining female characters starring in the episode: Terri Schuester, Sue Sylvester, Becky Jackson, Mrs. Fabray

Sue is in the following episode, so it can’t be her. That leaves Becky, Terri, and Mrs. Fabray. People seem to generally like Becky. I don’t think Terri and Mrs. Fabray are “beloved” by many fans, but it could mean they are loved by another character.

A photo shows Sue hugging Becky, presumably at the funeral, but it is possible they hug before she dies or it is a flashback.

In the promo for the episode, Terri says Sue is trying to kill the Glee club, so her death could be the result of a Sue scheme gone array.

I personally think the most likely person is Mrs. Fabray, who would be beloved by Quinn. This would definitely “rock [Quinn]’s world”.
    (How terrible it would be for Quinn to lose her mother!)

• Kirstie says:

This is SO well thought out. But is KCheno also on the bill? It would be a snap of the fingers to think she’d drunken herself to death and then find her somewhere awesome like a nunnery next season. Quinn’s mom would be the most likely… she may not be “beloved” by the fans or the cast, but she IS beloved to Quinn. Maybe this is the straw that breaks Fuinn’s back and she realizes she can’t live a lie with him any longer? Then again, Finn is the classic damsel in distress type. He wouldn’t leave Quinn in a situation like that unless she kicked him to the curb. With Puck/Lauren winding down (at least it seems that way to me) maybe this could turn into a resurgance of Puck and Quinn’s ill-fated, ill-timed romance?

45. Jill says:

You got me all excited when I thought you had Castle scoop. Oh well.

46. Michelle T. says:

The Blind Item return will probably be Izzie and Erica Hahn.

47. Gerry says:

Hmm. Surprise cameo in “Smallville’s” finale? Could it be Jor-El and Lara? Or will Shelby the Dog finally make a reappearance or was he sold to the new owner of the farm as part of some packaged deal? :-)

48. Kirstie says:

My money is on Henry Cavill. It would be a fantastic homage to the end of an awesome series and a tip of the hat to the new man in steel. As far as the Glee scoop, notice that the question calls it a NEW romance. Even though Brittany/Santana haven’t had screen time, they aren’t new. In fact, I wish they’d just get together already. I’m thinking it’s Mercedes/Sam… they had some great moments at the prom and it’s about time they both had someone worthy to love! Still not sure on the death though. Obviously it can’t be one of the new directions, Glee is only 2 seasons old to be killing off major players, don’t you think? I certainly hope not but we shall see…

49. Estee says:

Wow I was wrong about bones I kinda wish I wasn’t tho

50. Kirstin says:

My guess for the Glee death is Sue’s sister.