The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

Coming to your screen this week: One Mother of a breakup, The Good Wife confronts a bad friend, a new Survivor is named, and a decade-old series gets a super send-off. As but a supplement to the awesome features and original reporting TVLine has coming your way, here are 33 shows to keep on your radar.

8/7c How I Met Your Mother (CBS) |
How I Broke Up With the One Who’s Not Your Mother.
8 pm House (Fox) | The team suspects House has a new drug addiction — uh, yeah, it’s called Charlie Sheen! (Can I use an #outdatedjoke hashtag here?)
9 pm Stargate Universe (Syfy) | The Destiny once again is threatened by the Drones, as the series’ two-season run comes to an end.
9 pm The Chicago Code (Fox) | Teresa’s dilemma: Turn a blind eye to newly discovered corruption within the police department or risk tipping her hand with Gibbons.
10 pm Castle (ABC) | Michael McKean (Lenny Kosnowski to some, Perry White to others) plays the host of a beauty pageant tainted by murder.
10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Danny is exposed to a lethal chemical — is this one called Charlie Sheen? #outdatedjokeskeepcoming

8/7c Glee (Fox) |
The Groff is back, just in time A) for the prom and B) to mess with Rachel’s mind pre-Nationals. (Watch video here.)
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Claire Forlani (CSI: NY) arrives as Lauren Hunter, the new ops manager replacing Hetty…?!?!
9 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | Hope’s baby monitor affords the Chances the irresistible chance to eavesdrop on neighbors/My Name Is Earl alumni Jaime Pressly and Ethan Suplee.
10 pm The Voice (NBC) | The true litmus test for spring’s surprise hit: Will viewers stick around now that the “blind” auditions gimmick is over?
10 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Kalinda/Leela, just… hide.

8:30 pm Better With You (ABC) |
Season finale: Just as she gets, like, a million centimeters dilated, Mia decides she wants to be married before giving birth. Cue mad scramble!
9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | Uncle Sam A serial killer is burying dead bodies at the bottom of the ocean, in a case that has personal stakes for Morgan.
9 pm Modern Family (ABC) | Phil and Claire swap parental roles, while Cam’s bout with the flu threatens Mitchell’s plans to catch a Gaga concert.
9:30 pm Cougar Town (ABC) | Nia Vardalos (aka the real-life wife of Ian Gomez) guest-stars as Andy’s frisky sister-in-law.
10 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | Rita Wilson plays the mother of a kinda-creepy teen (Sterling Beaumon aka Lost‘s kinda-creepy young Ben).

8/7c Community (NBC) |
Season finale/paintball war — conclusion!
8 pm The Vampire Diaries (The CW) | What, there are some tricks they didn’t pull out last week?!
9 pm Bones (Fox) | A certain Fox bigwig promised on Twitter that this is “the ultimate must-see episode of not only the season but the series… or your money back.” ZOMG!
9 pm Nikita (The CW) | Season finale: Should it turn out that this bubble show is popped, rest assured it’s going out with a helluva bang.
9 pm CSI (CBS) | Season 11 finale: It’s Langston vs. Eddie Haskell! Or Nate.
9:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | The first of back-to-back episodes features Tom’s very inebriating Snake Juice product. Among its casualties: Leslie and Anne’s friendship.
10 pm Private Practice (ABC) | Naomi makes a big decision about her future. (Stop calling Shonda’s office, Merrin Dungey. Not gonna happen.)
10:30 pm Outsourced (NBC) | Season finale: When Rajiv gets cold feet, Todd tries to convince him to go through with his wedding.

8/7c Smallville (The CW) |
The two-hour series finale features a wedding; returns by Chloe, Martha, Jonathan (?!), Lionel and Lex; and a closing scene that gave Tom Welling “goosebumps.” And… that’s all I’ve got.
9 pm CSI: NY (CBS) | Season 7 finale: A near-death experience prompts Mac to close his last unsolved case.
10 pm Blue Bloods (CBS) | Frank and the fam revisit the Blue Templar mystery as Season 1 closes.

9/8c Doctor Who (BBC America) |
In an outing penned by bestselling scribe Neil Gaiman, the Doctor puts that TARDIS at risk by checking into a Time Lord’s distress call.
11:30 pm Saturday Night Live (NBC) |
Ed Helms (The Office, The Hangover II) is a first-time host.

8/7c Survivor: Redemption Island (CBS) |
9 pm Desperate Housewives (ABC) | Will unwitting poisoner Susan realize that’s the way the cookie crumbles? Are the Scavos heading for Splitsville? And why is Betty Suarez’s papi lurking outside Gaby’s house?
9 pm Game of Thrones (HBO) | Arya learns of a threat against her father; Tyrion gets a less-than-warm welcome from Catelyn’s sister, Lysa.
10 pm The Killing (AMC) | Sarah and Holder uncover surprising new evidence as they labor to evade a new adversary — the FBI.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Michael D. says:

On Outsourced the lead characters name is Todd not Tom.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Thanks for the catch! Fixed.

• Joker says:

Should watch the SERIES FINALE OF SMALLVILLE this FRIDAY! It’ll be epic.

• baimun says:

Bittersweet about it…. it’s going to be epic with Michael Rosenbaum’s return, Clark finally putting on the Superman suit…. but alas Smallville will come to a close without a Superman show to back it up. Hopefully the upcoming Superman movie reboot won’t suck.

• Melokesm says:

That picture is adorable!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait for Smallville this Friday.

• Jo says:

If that scene turns out to be one of Clark’s dream then it’ll confirm what a lot of people have long suspected. That Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders are card-carrying morons.

2. melita says:

omg this episode of bones is really looking promising now :)

3. xav says:

Kalinda, just bite the bullet and tell Alicia you love her best.

4. Pickle8182 says:

Seriously? You The Voice up there for Tuesday at 8, and not NCIS? Please.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

This is the weekly instant where I remind folks of the wording: “As but a supplement to the awesome features and original reporting TVLine has coming your way….”

5. What?! says:

1. You forgot about Chuck.
    2. The Voice moves to 10/9c not 8/7c
    3. Thanks for the list every week

6. Becca says:

I am torn with Community because I really want to see the second part of the paintball war, but I know as soon as it is over I won’t get any new Community until the fall. :'(

Also (even though it’s not on here)I really really want to see Chuck tonight! XD

7. Joe says:

I am prepared to be grossly disappointed by the Smallville finale. Fans other than comic nerds (and even some of them) want the payoff of Clark and Lois married, and at least one full foray of Tom Welling as Superman against someone, anyone. Yet by all the hints, it seems like they are going to have Lois play runaway bride, Tom only sport the suit in the last couple minutes of the show (and probably fly off), and have the whole Smallville experience mindwiped (again?!? Really?!?) for everyone but Clark as they try to match the show with the comic canon, which is incredibly stupid because what made the show unique and fun was that it DIDN’T follow the canon, but took risks and had its own take on things. I’m preparing for the absolute worst letdown for this series finale.

• Alex says:

Where on EARTH (or Krypton) would you possibly get that they’re going to mindwipe everyone?! No way they would do that to us.

• laz says:

here is the ending of smallville chloe close’s the smallville comic book and then her son ask’s her if it is real and say’s look up and he see’s superman fly by cause if you see that boy on her lap is the same boy in the promo we got a while back where he looks up in the sky at somthing and then he say’s its dady and then ma kent walkes up and calls chole lois the end.

• laz says:

and wish you all would stop showing stuff of clark and lois in there wedding stuff to pimp your stuff cause as a clois fan you are putting salt on a cut because we know they don’t go all the way with the wedding olie as got a gold k wedding ring and that means if clark puts it on before the i do’s no wedding plus the minster is a women can you say grannygoodness workers and pa kent is darkside.

• Nerwen Aldarion says:

And here I was thinking that fans had moved past the “Chloe is Lois” nonsense. I guess delusion isn’t curable.

• laz says:

you must be a chole fan i am sure you will be happy with the last eps after all you got kelly sounders on your side.

8. Alex says:

The voice is (unfortunately) on at 10, not 8.

I clearly follow tv stuff way too closely since I know who said that about bones on Twitter. Haha.

9. Meg says:

Um, Doctor Who much? NEIL FREAKING GAIMAN wrote the next one!

• Michael says:

Right on! Come on Matt! That is one serious oversight. I’m beginning to think you’re not a dedicated Whovian! *winks*

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I am nothing if not negotiable ;) You make a fair argument, and DOCTOR WHO has been added. Now, on with the rest of my day!

10. creativkook says:

Please don’t forget about Chuck! Especially since we have the #NotANielsenFamily campaign going strong!

11. Danny says:

1. Still no love for “90210”?? WTF
    2. The medical investigation surrounding Violet’s license on “Private Practice” is ludicrous, and possibly the stupidest storyline of the series. Kate Kent RIPPED Violet’s baby out of her body. Violet changed the name in her book. Sometimes people are fools in Shondaland.
    3. “Parks and Recreation” = television’s funniest comedy.
    4. “Desperate Housewives”‘ season finale looks action-packed and suspenseful. So glad the days of Angie Bolen are gone …

• xav says:

I think it’s a completely reasonable storyline about Violet. It doesn’t matter what Katie did, it matters what Violet reveals about it. It is pretty murky territory.

12. Rachel says:

Gahhh this ‘Nikita’ finale is going to be BONKERS!!! I CAN’T TAKE IT!! and yo, this “bubble” better stay very much intact – until they announce SEASON 2!!! Cause if they dont.. well, CW’s got another thing coming.

13. Lulu says:

NIKITA better NOT pop! It MUST come back for a full season 2 is all I’m sayin…

14. impliedbazinga says:

No luck for Chuck? And where’s the heads-up for The Big Bang Theory on its penultimate for the season? The bazinga better be implied, man.

15. Sabrina says:

So excited for Nikita! It is going to be an epic season finale! Renew for Season Two CW!!

16. Claire says:

9pm Thursdays? It’s either CSI or GA. Not much else worth watching at that time, but I really do love Parks & Rec at 9:30, it’s been fantastic this season.

17. Emma says:

Nikita!!! This season finale is going to be the bomb! Everyone should tune in… it’s an amazing show! CW should renew it already!!

18. CW_Post_Early says:

I’m super EXCITED for the FIRST SEASON FINALE, not SERIES FINALE of Nikita! Please Nikita fans if you have a TV, please DVR whatever Thurs show you watch and watch Nikita LIVE. We have one last chance to tell the CW that we want Nikita back for season 2!!! DVR Bones, The Office, GA,etc and watch Nikita live on May 12 @9PM!! You definitely won’t regret it!!

19. chiyuu says:

Nikita is too awesome to not be renewed!!

20. sylvie says:

please, no talk of bubbles popping especially when it concerns NIKITA!
    this show is seriously one of the best things that’s happened to TV in a while. i’m not exaggerating. i want to stay positive.
    CW has no good reason to pop this bubble just yet. it’s so frickin good and i know many of you agree with me!

21. tahina says:

Can’t wait to see the promos for next week on Bones and Castle’s season finales! and House in 2 weeks! the clock is ticking for the budget final words, right Matt?

22. Gitte says:

No mention of the penultimate episode of NCIS???
    Just the name of the episode makes it a MUST WATCH!
    When an episode is called “Swan Song” it doesn’t bode well…

• bigfan says:

yeah, how can NCIS be left off this list? Does he know something we don’t know? I’d say that’s the show I’m most anxious about this week… well and now Bones too!

23. Jenny says:

Smallville!!! OMG, I can’t wait!!! And I love the picture you put up! Thank you so much!

Sidenote: Chuck should be on here! But I’ll forgive you because of the Smallville picture!

• laz says:

you don’t find it weird that they keep puting stuff with the wedding in it up and the wedding has been spoiled for a while but they have not put it in there may sweeps scorecard that right there is very telling is’t it.

• Jenny says:

Yes, that is a little strange. I’m just assuming there is a wedding. It would suck if there wasn’t. Although as much as I love Clois, I do hope the wedding is short!!! There’s a lot of other cool stuff they have to do in the 2 hour finale! I have faith that it will be awesome!!! If it’s anything like the 200th episode, it HAS to be AWESOME!!!

24. Matt says:

“No less than eight players are heading into the two-hour finale, which is followed by an hour-long reunion show.”

No FEWER than eight players.

25. Valerie Jacob says:

Why do all of the best shows and/or cast members leave? I see that The Closer, possibly the best show on TV (in my opinion), due to the fine performances by Kyra Sedgwick and ALL of the amazing supporting cast, may be ending after this season. This is a great loss to the very best of TV. I would love to see it remain. “Kyra, would you please stay?”

26. Sourabh says:

“A serial killer is burying dead bodies at the bottom of the ocean, in a case that has personal stakes for Morgan.”

It could apply to more than one D. Morgan.

27. Jo says:

I’m going to miss Smallville once it’s gone. Even though I tend to bitch and moan about the mostly god awful writing and characterization on the show, I’d rather watch Erica Durance on a bad TV show than not have her on at all.

28. Justin says:

I think they posted the same thing about The Killing last week and can prob reuse it again next week! Great show but I wish they would lay out all the suspects already!

29. Eve Williams says:

Matt — that’s great about OUTSOURCED. Just remind your readers this episode is a continuation of last weeks where: Rajiv (Rizwan Manji always so perfect) is busted by his fiancee at his bachelor party thrown for him by Ben Rappaport and the wonderful Diedrich Bader. Guru Singh — GUPTA — finally spoke, professing his love for Madhuri the low talker. Anisha Nagarajan as Madhuri has been nominated for BEST PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY by NAMIC, National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications. She is lovely. And in the storyline that had many a young man hot and bothered — MANMEET finally gets some American Apple Pie. Manmeet is so sweet! I really like the warmness of this show. Thank you Matt again. I hope this helps.

30. fernando says:

How can you forget ONE TREE HILL, they are going to Puerto Rico!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Mikos says:

He’s Lenny to me too Matt, but I would’ve included David St.Hubbins in the rundown for Michael McKean’s alters.

32. Casey says:

I’m so excited for TV this week! HIMYM, The Good Wife, Glee, SNL, Criminal Minds, Bones (even though I’m absolutely DREADING the death!). Everything looks epic this week! And Desperate Housewives! OMG I thought that creepy guy outside of Gaby’s house was Andrew Divoff (Mikhail from LOST) and then I found out it’s Tony Plana from Ugly Betty! They remind me of each other in the face I think. But that’s awesome! I think someone is supposed to die, so I’m assuming either Paul or Felicia (hopefully Felicia, can’t stand her!), but who knows? And Smallville! Aaaah! I’m so excited and sad all at the same time! When I first found out that the ACTUAL LEX would be returning, I was so happy! I seriously thought that Rosenbaum wouldn’t do this favor for the fans, but I’m so glad he finally decided to! :D I know it probably won’t end sadly, but I have a feeling I’ll cry anyway just because it’s gone! Haha. I’ll miss the beautiful cast being on my TV every week!

33. Robert says:

Desperate Housewives is a can’t miss!!!!!! The promo had me wanting more and I want to know whose gonna die!!!! It’s gonna be so good!!!!

34. Alberta Watson Fan says:

NIKITA HAS to be renewed! Not only because it’s a show that has been getting only better during all the season, but because Alberta Watson (of La Femme Nikita and indie movies fame) is in the season finale. CW better renew Nikita and make her a recurring or they’ll face some serious wrath.

House has a new drug addiction? *sighs…* Shocking.

35. em says:

I’m just going to throw out some TVD love. It’s their season finale, too! But I’m admittedly going to be watching Community for the first half hour. Also, really looking forward to the Smallville finale! To think back when I sat down and watched Clark as an awkward teen and everything that happened in his life (and my own!) in the past ten years is pretty unbelievable.