AMC Scoop: Erica's Kidnapper Is Her Evil Twin?!

You can’t say that All My Children isn’t going out with a bang.

With the long-running sudser set to sign off for good in September, it was announced by ABC on Monday that for the first time in her 41-year run on the show, Susan Lucci will tackle a dual role.

Starting May 12, Lucci will be playing Erica Kane and Jane Campbell, a doppelganger who will wreak havoc in Erica’s life “in every possible way,” says ABC’s press release.

Oprah Reveals Why She Can’t Save Canceled AMC and OLTL

As AMC fans will now surmise, given that Erica was kidnapped weeks ago on her wedding day and has never seen her captor, it will be revealed that Jane is the mystery person behind the abduction.

A source tells TVLine that Jane will be revealed to be a crazy fan of Erica’s who means her no harm. Nah, she merely wishes to take over Erica’s life after gleaning every pertinent detail from her prisoner, who has been held in a replica of her swank Pine Valley pad.

Will Erica be able to escape from captivity and derail Jane’s plan in time for AMC‘s grande fall finale? That apparently will be the big question as the soap enters its final months of broadcast.

Comments (22)

• It is not over yet. We need the fans to keep fighting. Write the sponsors, protest, write the affilates,and boycott all ABC non-soap shows. One thing to do is to write all sponsors and critics no only ask to sponsors to pull all abc ads, but ask them to boycott ABC upfronts.
    Another idea I have is everytime a new disney movie comes out this summer go and see another movie playing mail the stub to disney and let them know if they hadn’t cancelled our soaps we would have went and see their move.
    Boycott everything Disney and ABC. For info about contacting sponsors use this link

Comment by NEK38583 – May 9, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that would include ESPN…don’t know if I could do that….Even for Erica…

Comment by biggarachi – May 9, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s time to get real. It’s over.

Comment by okdokey – May 9, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to be Debbie Downer but you do realize that once you have BOUGHT the movie ticket to a Disney movie they don’t care if you saw it because they got your money? Buying a ticket for one movie and watching another just helps the movie you bought the ticket for. If anything we need the ratings to go DRAMATICALLY up which means boycotting SoapNet and watching the shows live because that is the rating points that matter.

Comment by ThereasonsY – May 9, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I meant going to see a movie airing opposite of that and mailing the the ticket stub and telling them that if the had not cancealed the soaps you would have seen their movie instead.

Comment by NEK38583 – May 9, 2011 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am very unhappy that AMC & OLTL will be going off the air. I am 61 years old and have been a fan of these shows for as long as they have been on. With all the reality and self help shows that are on I feel that canceling these 2 shows will limit our entertainment. I really do not understand who made the decisions to stop these wonderful programs. Please reconsider and let these shows continue on. Thank You, Jessica Tufaro

Comment by Jessica Tufaro – May 12, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really??? Reallly???? after 40years Really????? I would have felt better if ya brought back Silver, or Eric Kane….hell even Mona….but a evil twin…y’all really not wanting me to miss this show

Comment by biggarachi – May 9, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those were my exact thoughts too Biggarachi ~ I’ve watched the show since 1983, and as soon as she walked through that door and saw her “evil twin” looking back at her, I turned to my husband and said “Are you serious? I mean REALLY?” ~ such a disappointment, and will definitely help me let go emotionally from the show.

Comment by Maureen – May 13, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They couldn’t bring back Mona — the actress who played her for years is gone and has been remembered fondly by Erica since for years. It’d be impossible and crazy also for Mona to be caught up in a kidnapping/stalking story related to her daughter.

As for Eric Kane, that man makes me sick and I’m glad the last time he was brought back and referenced was the last damn time.

I think it’s great to have Susan Lucci tackle one of the few soap staples she hasn’t tackled in her long career, the dual role. So far it’s be awful having her be apart from everyone and them having no clue. I’m hoping they’ll start to catch a clue but unfortunately that is likely when Jane will take over in person — and appease them for a bit before making her mistakes.

I’m hoping Kendall will be the first one to doubt her.

Comment by Rachel Little – May 9, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if one Erica isn’t boring enough. What a disappointment.

Comment by april-ann – May 9, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever, not surprised. I’m just surprised no one has cared yet about being spoiled and that this was revealed here before it was even on the soap sites. I don’t even really watch but I was looking the other day just to see who had kidnapped Erica from the commercials and it was nowhere. No spoiler alert? So weird, I thought soap fans would freak out at this.

Comment by kat – May 9, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And people wonder why AMC has been cancelled and soaps are approaching extinction…

Comment by Todd – May 9, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UUUGGH! An Evil Twin/Scheming Lookalike? are they trying to get canceled? Oooooops! nevermind. ;-)

Comment by Mr. Furley – May 9, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awww, missed ya, Mr. Furley! And “LOL”!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 9, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks Matt!!
        I’m sure I’ll be back to at least mock….I mean objectively critique the replacement shows…..;-)

Comment by Mr. Furley – May 10, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really Blanche? This is not going out with a bang. Going out with a bang would involve getting back Dimitri and Alex and having them involved in the kidnapping. Or, maybe it is Zach or Dixie, or Maria, or any of the several characters that we have loved and lost. A dual role does nothing for the show but helps La Lucci (who deserves it).

Comment by ThereasonsY – May 9, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching this soap opera for 40 years and this is how they repay my loyalty? This is garbage. What a way to end a historic show.

Comment by Awilly – May 9, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • was this the blind item about someone on a drama playing a dual role? or is there another?

Comment by nobody – May 9, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is Kreizman & Swajeski’s storyline not Broderick & Nixon’s who are writing the end game. Geesh, if you were ever a fan cut AMC some slack. 40 years is amazing. And even Oprah revealed a long lost sister this year so chillax.

Comment by Shadow – May 10, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so bummed AMC is going off air! They could at least re-unite Leo & Greenlee before they go off air. Lucci will do great playing double role. I’m sure the show will take some twist at the end. Maybe Erica will wake up & say, “There’s no place like home”. (On Wisteria Lane!)

Comment by Terry – May 10, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want AMC to end I love it so much and I love the ongoing stories and if u don’t like don’t watch it duh!

Comment by Vanessa – May 17, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really?? Canceling these shows will give the older moms & grandmothers nothing to do!! and these shows are bonding times!! and everyone is mad so why do it?! Y’all are freaking crazy!!!!!!!

Comment by Kendra – August 21, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post