Exclusive

Exclusive Glee Video: Jesse's Back For Rachel!

Jonathan Groff makes his much-anticipated return to Glee this week and, suffice it to say, Jesse St. James has some apologizing to do to scorned former sweetheart Rachel (Lea Michele).

In the following exclusive clip from Tuesday’s episode — the first of three that Groff is slated to appear in — New Directions’ arch-nemesis attempts to atone for his past treachery and Rachel is having none of it. But then he mentions a magical four-letter word and suddenly forgiveness seems well within reach.

Glee Spoiler: The Grim Reaper is Coming!

Watch the clip below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Should Rachel give Jesse another chance?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Glee, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. writestuffla says:

Jonathan looks like he’s put on the feed bag since his last Glee outing. Just saying.

2. Just Jules says:

I suspect she will say yes, since Sam turned her down to go to the prom. There is NO WAY Rachel will not be at the prom in that episode so it is convenient that she now go with Jessie. And we will get some great songs and all will be well in the Gleek world.

3. M-K says:

Totaly go for it!
    I Mean Come on, Finn’s a douchebag, he cheat on Quinn while they were together, Quinn cheat on Sam WITH Finn but he can’t forgive Rachel doing the same thing he did many times! She even admit it! I Still dont understand the reason why she still like him! He never stood for her when she needed it! While I admit that Finn and Rachel have great chemistry together, its nothing when you see what she can do with Jesse! Ok,Jesse’s a jerk, he eggs her but then, Finn throw slush in her face and I think he even egg her to… So, I say St-Berry’s better than Finchel! Jesse and her even have the same ambition!

4. a viewer says:

Awesome that he’s back–Jon Groff is a fantastic actor and the character of Jesse brings both the evil and the funny in a compelling package. But Rachel shouldn’t forgive him, or trust him: he’s a lizard alien Visitor. (See here for explanation: http://showthemwhat.tumblr.com/post/5313201285/jesse-and-shelby-were-visitors-of-the-alien-overlord).

5. Alyssa says:

He is sooooooooh hot!!!! I hope he is going to be back for more episodes

6. Amy says:

Well it is nice to see the writers acknowledging that Jesse’s storyline ended weirdly. I don’t trust that guy AT ALL. Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt it. Can’t wait to see Finn’s reaction on his return!

• Liana says:

Well, what can he do now? He isn’t with Vocal Adrenaline anymore and I doubt he and Shelby have been keeping in touch. But yeah, I don’t trust him too much either. We’ll just have to see how this plays out.

7. Kit says:

I think she should. After giving Finn 342347318976 chances, there’s no reason why she shouldn’t give Jesse a second one. And I’m actually looking forward to Jesse’s return, it’s hopefully going to give the show drama it hasn’t had all season. But if she just uses him to make Finn jealous I’m going to chuck my television out the window.

Really, Glee’s turning into Degrassi: The Musical. /le sigh

8. lulu says:

Jessie’s back! This is the best news ever and just what this show needed.

9. Maria says:

He did more than just throw egss at her…he walked up to her, looked her in the eye, and smashed one on her head. He is dead to me.

• Chatty says:

Exactly. He stood there, smiled at her as if he loved her, watched as every one of his choir mates threw eggs at her and then smashed one in her forehead! Are you kidding me, writers? Talk about making Rachel a pushover idiot. No guy is worth that level of humiliation, I don’t care how well he sings. Also, where the heck are Rachel’s parents? It’s about time we met them!

• Brenda says:

Just to be clear in this: he did tell her that he loved her, and he only smile to give the classmates the show that they wanted, he did looked conflicted when the camera took a second shot of his face.

10. Mike says:

No St James is a douche

Go Finn

11. tintalle says:

I hope not only Rachel give Jesse another chance, but also that he estays for next season!! Pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssssss

12. Louise says:

I think Jesse is a great character and god knows Rachel shouldnt go anywhere near Finn at least not for now.

I think this episode is setting up for Finn to finally wake up and realise what he’s done and try and win her back. He’s been a total douche this season and Rachel has been hurt and walked all over by him and a lot of other characters.

She really needs to move on and get herself back on track and I personally think Jesse would be good for her as long as he is genuine in his remorse for what he did to her.

They are both so alike and so talented, it would be a pity for their chemistry to go to waste. I would love to see him full on next season, even if it’s just to give Finn a taste of his own medicine.

• shelley says:

Totally agree. Look all three characters are very flawed to the max. Last year Jesse toward Rachel, Rachel toward everybody but getting much better now, Finn now this year toward Rachel. Last episode Rumors Rachel told Finn you forgive your first love anything. Well when Jesse apologized she was hesitant to me that is not first love forgiveness. She should be very wary of Jesse and his proven record; however, if it Finn can forgive Quinn rhen Rachel should forgive Jesse. Not have him as a date but on friendly terms go to Prom in a group. See nothing wrong with that. But if Finn does have feelings for Rachel and comes unglued at Jesse’s presence then let them go for it. She would not be guilty of any instigation to get Finn jealous if this is the case. This is 1 insecure and immature tactic she uses to sway Finn in their relationship. But I don’t think this will be the case at prom. I think Finn’s lightbulb will turn on and all his emotions about Quinn and Rachel will emerge pubically. Jesse will be the catalyst to make him see it. Just hope Rachel is smarter this time and doesn’t let a boy sway her.

13. Isabelle says:

Okay so what I’ve gotten from this scene:

1. Jesse has a crap adviser who doesn’t check on his grades or anything.

2. I like his scarf. And his hair.

But anyway, I don’t see where all the hate’s coming from. There’s no denying that Jesse screwed up bad, but really, how many people on this show have done nothing bad? How many of them have done nothing inexcusable? (Santana, hon, as much as I love you, I’m looking to you on this one) And how many of them actually bothered to apologize? From what I’ve seen Glee characters only apologize only when they, too, are personally hurt or face dire consequences with their actions.

The thing is, I’m not really sure whether to like Jesse, because I’d be lying if I said I did. I don’t hate him, either. I just don’t want Rachel to be hurt, because she’s been hurt far too much already.

14. A says:

rachel should forgive her, it will be good for her to have a good relationship with Jesse because he is the only one who can understand her and fully accept her, flaws and all. plus, there chemistry is great!

15. Tom says:

Groff’s terrible and will take screen time away from more talented performers.

Blaine’s been a great addition this year, likeable, interesting, and talented, everything Jesse with his over-blown way of acting and Sam with his boy-band voice aren’t.

• Brenda says:

Despite of how much i love Darren i have to admit that Groff is more talented than him.

• shelley says:

Yes. By a long shot. Personaly as much as I like Darren Criss and his talent I’m not as impressed as others seem to be. Now Jonathon on the other hand is smokin and makes me swoon when he sings. Don’t feel anything like that at Darren Criss. No offense.

• Kira says:

LOL! You’re kidding, right? Jonathan Groff is, by far, a better actor and singer. Plus, he’s hotter and Jesse is a more interesting character than Dull!Blaine and his robotic Warblers.

16. cj says:

Wow…so much drama over fiction.

17. Jenn says:

I wanted them to get together, I think they are so much better fit for each other than Finn and Rachel. But this was so… fake. I mean he just randomly threw eggs at her, and it wasn’t even a sincere apology. Disappointed by Jesse.

• Jenn says:

Ugh, I just realized he never even really apologized! It was like he was this totally sweet guy one episode and the next he’s a jerk. He comes back and he’s a jerk again. Where’s that sweet guy?!

• Marie says:

I also think that them switching the show order up and cutting a few scenes made it weird for us as viewers.

18. Amy Leigh says:

So excited that Jesse’s back! And it looks like he may be taking her to prom or at least going in a group with her. Yay! And hell yes Rachel should forgive him and give him another chance. How many times has she done the same for other people on this show, especially Finn? At least Jesse’s coming back and owning up to his mistake which is a lot more than I can say for most characters who have wronged Rachel on Glee. Cannot wait for tomorrow night. It’s going to be awesome!

19. Jasonbres says:

Like I said before, once a douchebag, always a douchebag.

20. ThereasonsY says:

PLEASE GOD LET JON GROFF COME BACK TO THIS SHOW. He was great they just ruined the plotting of the show.

21. RBK says:

He’s really sweet but NO RACHEL, U SHOULD KNOW BETTER NOW!!!!

22. caitlyn says:

He threw eggs at her she deservs finn

23. Jaybird says:

NOOOO Rachel should not give him a second chance. He threw eggs at her like seriously!

24. booboo says:

i think she shud go with finn and quin goes back with blondy(forgot his name)

25. victoria says:

she should so she can make finn jealous :) im all about finnchel! :D

26. Tanya says:

NO! He threw eggs at her. He was okay as a character but if she takes him back she’s just gonna get hurt again

27. Lala says:

No Rachel.. He threw egggs at you.!! that means something already!

Yes Rachel.. You should always give someone another chance.. not always but you should always forgive..

28. melissa says:

NO WAY!!!!!! he’s a jerk and he threw eggs at her. She takes him back she’s crazy!!!!

29. Chasadie says:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she needs to go with sam as friends or Quinn and Fin need to break up and rachel and fin get back together while quinn and sam get back together! (: <3

30. Ali says:

Hell to the no…. kick his ass to the kurb

31. mellany says:

Don’t do it you can do so much better your so smart girl …..he’s only good to look at….lol

32. Margaret says:

yes, yes, a hundred times yes! I love Jesse and I get that he was a jerk, but if you think about it, Rachel would have done the same thing for Regionals… And plus, she needs to get her mind off of Finn.

33. zoe says:

im just gonna say this…..Rachel Berry is a pimp! :D But Im not sure how I feel about this ship, but I cant wait to see what happens either way. They both have excellent chemistry and are full of talent but I would have to say that after I heard their version of Rolling In The Deep, I was dissappointed and they should have left it alone.

34. Emily says:

I think that Jesse is a waste. i think Finn and rachel belong together. they are so cute together!! <3

35. alejandra says:

no reachel no!!!

36. Maggie says:

NONONO!DONT GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!HES A BACKSTABBING JERK!

37. Charlotte says:

ohmygee!(: i think it’s super-sweet that he apologized, but i think Rachael should be really careful because she should know by this point he’s pretty unpredictable and reliable.

38. can says:

rachel should go to prom with jessie, only to make finn jealous, that would be SO great. I want finnchel back!!!

39. Julay says:

This is an interesting turn for the show but I can’t get over how ugly he is. o well..

40. nicole says:

omg tht was so WIERD!!! she should get back together… after all Finn still didnt forgive her.

41. C says:

HE SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF KURT AND BLAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Cait says:

Se should definately get back wit him!! He is perfect for her… and absolutely sexy =]

43. Colby says:

Who is this guyy !? I missed half a season, and i need a cap of who jesse is ?

• Bella S says:

Jessie isn’t from this season. In season one, Jessie st James was the lead singer for Vocal Adrenaline, New Directions rival’s at regional’s. He got REALLY close to Rachel and they started liking eachother. He was suppose to just befriend and get close to her so he could help his coach, Rachel’s mom, meet her daughter; however, in the midst he became REALLY WAYYY too close with Rachel and then said that he loves her. Looks like since Finn and Rachel aren’t together, Jesse’s making a come back. I personally find his voice well… in less words and more description…………..*FAN GIRL SQUUEALLL* But yeah, there’s your Jesse St James low down. ;-)

44. Sophie says:

Nationals is coming. What if Jesse will just use Rachel for Vocal Adrenaline to win? Well. It’s still up to Ryan Murphy tho. And Rachel and Jesse are better of friends.

45. Sydney says:

Anyone notice he shows up again RIGHT before their schools will compete again? Curious… DON’T DO IT RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. Sally says:

Don’t give him another chance! he is a lying cheat!!!

47. Bella S says:

Can’t say I blame her, he’s yuuummmyyyy. Lol. I just hope that if he comes back this time and isn’t just there to break her heart once again. Maybe a love triangle next season with Finn Rachel and Jesse? I cannot believe Quinn punched Rachel!!! Clips I have seen have me counting minutes till Tuesday… 1 day, one hour, and 31 minutes…

48. jose says:

> < i really hate him!! Hope Rachel does not end up going with him to prom.

49. Anna says:

Ooh. Jesse St. James, there’s a plot twister for you. If Rachel goes to prom with him I’ll be really mad though. I really want her to get back with Finn! I love Finchel hopefully they’ll make a comeback in season 3.

• Bella S says:

I love Finchel too! But the part that sucks about that is that Finn’s being a real ass this season. I saw a few clips of the Prom episode, but not much Finn in it. Jesse would be a good steady character for the show, but I don’t think he should be with Rachel either. DOWN WITH QUINN!!

50. tmarie says:

I am not a fan of either St. Berry or Finchel. Look how many times Finchel has tried to work and one way or the other it always fails… I think Finn atleast should try being single for once instead of going between Rachel and Quinn. And Rachel can show that she can be strong and independent.

And Jesse just did the ultimate betrayal to Rachel last season… Did you hear how he was when he was like “So what are you doing for prom?” He was digging for Rachel’s weak spot! He knew that was the only way for Rachel to give in to him!