Exclusive

Exclusive Glee Video: Jesse's Back For Rachel!

Jonathan Groff makes his much-anticipated return to Glee this week and, suffice it to say, Jesse St. James has some apologizing to do to scorned former sweetheart Rachel (Lea Michele).

In the following exclusive clip from Tuesday’s episode — the first of three that Groff is slated to appear in — New Directions’ arch-nemesis attempts to atone for his past treachery and Rachel is having none of it. But then he mentions a magical four-letter word and suddenly forgiveness seems well within reach.

Glee Spoiler: The Grim Reaper is Coming!

Watch the clip below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Should Rachel give Jesse another chance?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Glee, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. lolo says:

he’s so awesome :)
    but no, rachael shouldnt.

• Billl says:

I mean OMG, he threw EGGS at her! That should say a lot!

• Elizabeth says:

I love the comment about the eggs, mostly because the sequence of the episodes at the end of last (due to the early airing of the Lady Gaga episode) made the fact that he threw eggs at her very odd.

The line made me chuckle. (especially because I was so confused by it last year too!)

• Paige says:

It’s because she’s a vegan, that’s why they threw eggs :)

• Haha. Yes. I feel like this is one of those times when Glee is totally self-aware of how ridiculous it is sometimes. Glad to see Rachel was as confused by that as we were.

• LSB1302 says:

Why is everyone so concerned about the fact that Jesse threw eggs at her. If you remember your season 1 is was mentioned that Finn also threw Eggs at her.

StBerry RULES!!!!

• henninggirl says:

No, Rachel! Go with Sam as friends.

• Michele says:

love me some groff..but I think he should come between Blaine and Kurt… just saying :)

• prissy says:

OMG Rachel should totally not go with him go with Sam or hell triple with Kurt and Blaine … but Jesse St. James is smoking hot wooo hooo glad he is back the show needed his smoking hotness

• J says:

He looks a lot older in this one for some reason, and look at the bags under his eyes… I think he looked much better in the previous episodes, I don’t think he looks good here at all :S

• bob says:

I think they were trying to emphasize the whole reason why he was there. He looks tired and haggard->his apology appears more sincere and truthful.

• Ellie May says:

I think maybe he’s supposed to look older and careworn cuz didn’t it say he was like a college drop out or something

• tori says:

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!!!!!!!

• deeniisee says:

She needs to say yes,
      because quite frankly im tired of her being alone.
      And if Finn is truly over her and really WITH quin, then his reaction to Jesse at prom with Rachael will prove exactly that, or the opposite. Either way im ready, I welcome jesse <3

• nicole says:

your so right!!!!

• Sarah says:

Really like your comment, that will be awesome

• Tracey says:

I love Jesse! Jonathan Groff was the one bright spot last season. Say yes Rachel.

• kim says:

I think she should go with jesse and then Finn can see that he truly wants to be with her and not that fake mean Quinn. Have Jesse do something and finn knocks him the hell out. Frankly I find Jesse to be annoying.

• Avii says:

Everything u commented u thought she happened like did on the show!! xD

• Gavin says:

I’m just wondering… why on earth has Jesse appeared on the scene again? I’m wondering… Sue Sylvester has been a bit quiet for these last few episodes. Did Sue search out, find and recruit Jesse, to break Rachel’s heart all over again, and to really make sure that the Glee club has no chance at Nationals?

• beth says:

I agree !!!!

• Adrianna says:

Yes! I mean NO! She shouldn’t! I think it’s another trick for gettin information about them (glee) planning what to do on nationals! Isn’t it obvoius?! God how I love Jessie ST.James, but he will always be a bad guy for me…

• stephanie says:

I think she should give Jesse another chance. I liked them together. He is hot!

• you know he IS taking Rachael to prom right? I saw it in a “behind the Glee” episode. Sorry for the spoiler ppl. I think he actually loved her, and he was kind of trying to not have to throw eggs at her. Maby he will be good this time? But anyway, Jesse is so weird in his own way that I have NO idea!

• Kate says:

He is just like Rachel in sooo many ways, but he’s a little more conceded than Rachel…. However, she should forgive him, but make him jump through hoops to be with her:) Just to prove if he is really there for her, or just to destroy New Directions…. Oh gosh! I hope he is truly back for Rachel, they are such a cute couple:)

• BethnTony says:

Sure Rachel should take him up on the prom offer, and arrange some kind of Carrie-type incident with a bucket of eggs instead of pigs blood. I would like to see that kind of empowerment for her :)

• Guy W Gilore says:

HELL NO once a zero always a zero

2. Luisa says:

I’m DYING !

3. Allie says:

Thank God Groff is back! The show needs him, especially this season. Hopefully he’ll sing!!

• RP says:

Yay. Can’t wait! He’s so dreamy and their natural BFF chemistry always shines through and it’s great.

• Tammy says:

i was going to say the same thing word stealer lol j\k their chemistry is natural they dont even need words the way they look at eachother before i knew more about them i thought they were dating in real life i adore them!

• AshtonT says:

Couldn’t agree with you more!!! They have such great off screen chemistry it makes there characters seem so real!! Groff should stay! I love him and Rachel together!! I love Finchel, but Jessie and Rachel are the cutest♥(:

• alyssa says:

EXACTLY. I love them together. People like to complain that he threw eggs at her or traded her, but finn is just as bad, if not worse. He toys with rachel and uses her love to get her to do things for him and then he always chooses Quinn. Let’s bring Jesse back to stay please!

• Isabelle says:

HE IS SINGING! Rachel joins him for a “Rolling in the deep” duet

• Rachel says:

they do! they are doing a cover of rolling in the deep. its already on youtube

• Grace says:

They didn’t use him nearly enough last season. As long as he sings, I don’t care if they’re together or not!

• natalia navarro says:

im so glad he’ll back!!! i love his voice :)

• Sean says:

He is actually singing “Rolling In The Deep” By Adele with Rachel!! GOING TO BE AWESOME <3 that song!!!

4. jun says:

that awkward moment when you’re the only person who doesn’t care about the return of Jesse St. James…

• BT says:

No Jun, you are NOT the only one.

• pete says:

I’m really not bothered about Jesse/TheGroff. He was a dreadful character given way too much screentime and solos.

• sam says:

I completely agree. There was no point to him.

• sara says:

no point to Jesse?!?!? Actually the pointless character is Sunshine.. Sure she can sing but we could have done without her all season.

• Mollie says:

We did do without her all season. She was only in like two epis yo

• Tarina says:

Thats kind of the point of a special guest star ;)

• lexi says:

I completly agree! sunshine showed up in TWO episodes!!! its ridiculous! also, i absolutly cant stand this whole “santanathelesbian” thing!!! i just loved it when she was all mean, and rude, but NOO, they have to add in the fact that she is Gay!!! aside from that, i think jesse should come between blaine and curt (he is gay with a capital G.A.Y)

• Christy says:

You are just jealous because you can’t act and sing…. He is wonderful and makes it even better… i can’t wait.

• babiagga says:

By posting that someone is “jealous” because they themselves “can’t act and sing” makes everyone wonder if perhaps it is YOU that is living in jealousy of others.

• Kat says:

I know…..I am a Finchel all around.

• Kat says:

I know….I am a Finchel all around.

• Huck_girl says:

Yep. So many great folks who don’t get lots of air time, plus I never really believed he had a thing for Rachel, he does not sell it like Finn did or even Huck. The cast is too big and wonderful to bring this jerk back. Let’s give Brittany or Mike Chang some more time!

• Connie says:

No way, Groff looks like a hundred miles of hard road, and his hair is ludicrous. What happened to him?

• Kris says:

You are very much NOT the only one. I am dreading it. They guy threw eggs at her! Unfortunately because of Groff’s relationship with Lea, he’ll be back every year until she graduates.

• Christy says:

They are amazing together and make a really good couple… This year FINN has been a jerk and doesn’t not make a good couple with her. Jesse is the best Choice

• Nicole says:

I totally agree. Finn gets way to much credit for being “the good guy”, but he treated Rachel badly when they were together … he was always telling her what a horrible person she was “but I love you anyway” – what is that??? He stole Quinn away from Sam and was pretty much cheating on Quinn last season with Rachel … he wouldn’t stand up for Kurt when it really counted … I don’t get why everybody thinks he is such a great guy.

• Brent says:

I don’t care about him either. I’m more concerned that Artie and Brit broke up.

• sam says:

yeahhhh i feel you. he jus gonna cause dramaaaa

• Brittany says:

I hate Jesse St. James.. Ughhhh. I think Rachel and Sam should go together as friends….

• Lacy says:

You aren’t the only one. I don’t like Jesse and have never liked him and was disappointed that he came back.

5. Andrea says:

JESSE’S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting all season for this. Besides the prom implications My favorite part was “I was majoring in show choir, I didn’t know I had to go to those other classes” bahaha

6. Stephanie says:

NO, Rachel! He’s no good. If it makes Finn come to his senses, though, I’m for it!

• Maggie says:

You know what? I never realized that could be how things go. Finn might get super jealous! I sure hope that’s how they have it play out.
      I’ve always been a huge fan of Rachel and Finn. (:

• Kat says:

Quinn is too controling.When she was pregnant,I liked her more-she had an ecuse for being dramatic.

• briana says:

I agree tht finn should come to his senses but quin might work him like a pupet and tell him she loves him and get him to stay with her which is retarded

7. BRETT says:

He and Lea Michele have completely RUINED Adele’s “Rolling In The Deep”. I was kind of excited for him to come back but after hearing that song… No… Just no…

• Me says:

Oh my gosh! I’m so glad I’m not the only one that thought that they totally ruined “Rolling in the Deep!” It nearly caused me physical pain it was so bad. What made it worse were the numerous comments on the youtube video talking about how wonderful it was.

• kath says:

I like it becasue they didn’t just copy Adele’s version.

• Gleek says:

Ah, originality for originality’s sake isn’t always a good idea. With Lea and Jonathan singing, I fee like it should’ve been good, but I totally just listened to that incredible song get butchered. WOW.

• Kirstin says:

If you look through the wiki it’s John Legend’s version and not Adele’s. Which is the same way.

• too silly says:

please this is bs. it is a just different version. The Adele version is still out there to listen too, their version does not change it. . Ruin please it, is just a different take. Go listen to Adele’s than, no one is making you listen to anything else.

• Kim says:

It is actually not her version it is based off Jon Legend’s version. Just cause it isn’t to your liking doesn’t mean it is ruined. Dramatic much?

• BRETT says:

Uhm, nope. I didn’t mean HER version was ruined, I meant that they RUINED their opportunity to make a great song. When they covered “Turning Tables” it was completely fine. They didn’t change anything. Then, they come and do all these crazy switch ups. I don’t care who’s version they were covering, it was originally Adele’s song. And their version of the song is terrible. I don’t get how a comment on a website can be “dramatic”… It’s not that big of a deal.

• lar says:

but it was changed up it was John Legend’s version.

I think the dramtic came in when someone said it was ruined.

• realy says:

turning table’s sucked cause the singer wasn’t very good. here you have to great voices just singing with little interruption. people hate when they do it the exact same and hate it would they do a different arrangement. but saying it is ruined it extreme.

• Michael says:

You know who I think sucks? Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, N’Synch, Adam Lambert, the list goes on and on. That doesn’t change the fact that they’ve(in most cases) sold zillions of records, sold out many concerts and have left their mark in music forever.

The song isn’t ruined. The song is ruined for you. We all have our own tastes in music, so get the eff over it.

• Evey says:

They’re covering John Legend’s version, not Adele’s, I think.

• tish says:

You are correct. Has anyone ever tried listening to the Journey songs they’ve covered? They sound quite different! People have different tastes in music…

• Kyoko says:

The version Lea and Jonathan did was not the Adele version. They did the John Legend version. If you hear that version Lea and Jonathan did a PERFECT job.

Of course they wouldn’t want to do her version. It’s perfect the way it is. I love the fact that they did the John Legend version.

• Christy says:

I thought they did a great job because it is not the way she does it that is what makes it good.

• shelley says:

Agree I so love Jon Groff’s voice and his and Lea’s singing together , however, the arrangement of Rolling in the
      Deep is not very good. Adele is my favorite artist and this rendition just ruined it for me. I know they do amazing vocals but not this one. I’m most disappointed.

• Joy says:

Yeah right? I’m still excited but the song… I wasnt expecting someone to top Adele though.

8. Ben says:

Jesse’s back! Rachel should be with him or Puck, she deserves so much better than that hyprocrite Finn. Sadly, Jonathan Groff is only back for 3 episodes, or is he back next season as well.

• Blair says:

I totally agree!! I think Finn is the biggest jerk in the show. I want Rachel with Jesse or Puck in the end :)

• Michael says:

Really? Finn is the biggest jerk on the show and you’d like to see her with the two jerkiest guys on the planet. I truly hope that you don’t end up with an abusive husband.

• Alycat says:

Omg i totally agree!
      I don’t want Rachel with Finn, i HATE him.
      I’m a fan of St.Berry, PuckleBerry, and Rachel/Warbler (NICK!).
      But since The Warblers prolly won’t make any other apperence…
      PUCKLEBERRY 4EVER :)

9. Pauline says:

Omg, She needs forgive him, they are so perfect toghether, and I’m so happpy for jesse’s return!!

10. Kristen says:

Not a Jesse fan, but I am a fan of Jonathan’s awesome voice. So, bring it on!

11. Frank says:

So he flunked out..he he can go to community college in Lima and stay a while.

Be careful Rachel, very careful, but only after a few makeout sessions.

12. Joely says:

Ugh…no more guest stars. Rachel loves Finn and Jesse is a another pointless distraction. He’s a jerk. The end.

• lauren says:

Yeah, whereas Finn isn’t? LOL. At least Jesse is trying to apologize, which is more than I can say for Finn.

• Megan says:

This. I love me some St. Berry. Finchel stans, how can you say that Jesse was a jerk? Have you not seen Finn this season?

Jesse’s apologizing. Has Finn done that yet? I don’t think so.

• Shannika says:

I totally agree I love Finn but he’s being such a jerk he can forgive Quinn but not Rachel, what Quinn did was worst. I love Jesse and if Rachel does forgive him he better not mess it up again, Rachel deserves better. I love Finchel and Jesse and Rachel she just has to make sure that which ever one she choses they won’t break her heart again because the fans won’t be happy.

• C says:

But what Quinn did and what Rachel did were 2 very different things. Quinn was stupid, got drunk, and cheated. Rachel cheated with Puck ON PURPOSE to hurt Finn. I’m not taking anyone’s sides here because I love Fuinn and I love Finchel, but I needed to throw that out there.

• Lauren says:

I agree that Quinn’s mistake was an accident, while Rachel cheated on purpose, but are we forgetting that Quinn had every intention of lying to Finn about the baby? She wasn’t exactly innocent. At least Rachel told Finn she cheated, Quinn couldn’t even tell Finn the truth about the pregnancy

• Pattie says:

Okay, I just need to say something, I agree with alot of what u r saying. This is what I feel, Jesse is back, Yeah! At the same time has anyone thought about how it would make Finn feel, maybe jealous, when he sees him with her. Also, I am a Finchel fan, they were great together, Quinn is too arrogant for my taste. The situation if u think about it. Quinn was Finns first love, remember yours, and if I remember correctly she pursued Finn and CHEATED AGAIN on Sam. Those first love feelings were still there with Finn. Why he has trouble forgiving Rachel is because he was hurt more by Rachel he TRULEY Loves her, NOT Quinn. Why do u think he still keeps Rachel close. I think Finn and Rachel will find there way back, we just have to bear with Quinn till then, I am sure she will cheat again. I just feel sorry for Sam he got totally screwed BIG TIME! Well, that is my opinion like it or not. P.S. I dont care what they all sing, I love it all! Just enjoy the show, dont like it, don’t watch it.

• Sarah says:

Totally agree what you saying about Rachel, Finn and Jesse.

13. Jess says:

God I love Jessie and Rachel.

14. Abbey says:

I am absolutely THRILLED that Groffles is back. His voice is stupendous and he himself is one sexy guy. Finn completely brings out the worst in Rachel and Jesse is the only one that can match her talent. I’m totally rooting them on. <3

15. Josie says:

Interesting clip. It looked like Rachel wanted nothing to do with Jesse (which I like) until he mentioned prom. I think she is going to try and make Finn jealous by going with Jesse.

• Olivia says:

. . . and then Finn will break up with Quinn and Quinn will slap Rachel in the bathroom. Ha. It all makes sense now.

• Lauren says:

Oh my gosh! Spoiler alert ;) Although I honestly hope that the episode isn’t going in that direction. If Finn and Rachel ever get back together I want the process of fixing their relationship to span more than one episode

16. will says:

WITH THAT FACE? AND THAT HAIR? AND THAT VOICE? AND THAT PERFECTION? A MILLION TIMES, YES!

17. Ashley says:

Groff is amazing and he and Lea have incredible chemistry onscreen and with the music. I’m happy for any Rachel/Jesse we can get, even if it’s just these three episodes. <3

18. MM says:

I’ve missed Jesse so much! His delivery is perfect and his return couldn’t come fast enough. Hurry up Tuesday!!

“I traded love for a fourth consecutive National championship. It was a bum deal. For a first maybe for fourth no way.” Hilarious!

• Kelley says:

I’ve missed him too! I love Jon and Lea! :) That was one of my favorite parts of this scene…”For a first maybe but a fourth…No way!” HAHA & I loved the “I didn’t know I’d have to go to the other classes…” :) Jesse is awesome even if he was a super big jerk. He’ll make Glee more exciting!

19. Debra says:

Jonathan Groff, I don’t mind being back because his voice is heavenly to hear but Jesse, not so much. I have a feeling judging by the look on Rachel’s face when he mentioned the Prom, she will only say yes to make Finn jealous.

20. Melissa says:

yes yes yes one hundred times YES ! He’s SO much better than Finn, in so many ways !

21. nadia says:

Im so glad he is baxk. I love him so much! He is so perfect for Rachel. I hope he stays for s3. Rhe show needs his awesome voice.

22. Josie says:

Jon Groff >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Darren Criss.

Stay and sing.

• lauren says:

As much as I like Darren, true story. Groffs voice is in a different league.

• Ang says:

I totally agree. If we have to keep an outsider around, I’ll take Groff any day.

• S says:

Why pick one when we can have both?

• Beth says:

Yeah, right?

I don’t know what Darren Criss is still doing on Glee. He was just a guest star.

I’m longing for the day he will disappear!

Jesse could totally saty, though. It’s just Blaine who pisses me off! He is so boring.

• Alycat says:

I’m sorry to tell you Beth,Darren/Blaine aint going anywhere, anyone who’s read spoilers knows this.
        Darren and Chris have as much on and off stage chemisty (yeah i know Darren isn’t gay -_-) has Jon and Lea.

23. andrew says:

Wonder if he’s the character who dies in a future episode?

24. Matt says:

Jesse is painfully like Rachel. If the writers kept them together for more than 4 episodes people would be breaking their TVs in frustration.

• wierd says:

They were together more than 4 epiosdes last season. Rachel is awesome so I don’t see how anyone would be frustrated to see twice that on tv.

25. Babs says:

YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!!! Those two have more chemistry than ANY couple on the show!

26. Trisha says:

YAY! HE’S SO AMAZING! I’m so glad he’s back. I hope he never leaves.

27. Paloma says:

yes yes JESSE’S BACK!!!!!…St.Berry<3

28. Laney says:

Just because Rachel talks to another boy doesn’t mean she’s trying to make Finn jealous she can go to prom with who ever she want without her trying to make Finn jealous

• will says:

AMEN to that! not everything about rachel is about finn for goodness’ sakes! SHE’S HER OWN PERSON. she’s gonna go to prom because she wants to go to prom. and she’s going there with a boy FOR HERSELF. not FOR FINN. if it turns out otherwise, then what a disappointing character she turns out to be.

• Maggie says:

I wish this were the case, but the entire season Rachel has been WRITTEN as obsessed with Finn and lacking the self-worth she had last season.

• Corinne says:

I agree, they have made Rachel a pretty sad character that all she can do is pine for an ex who is inexplicably back with Quinn(come on, she had a another man’s baby when you were together). If people can accept Finn/Quinn, why not Jesse and Rachel. He helped her once get over Finn, hopefully this time Jesse doesn’t hurt her.

• Brenda says:

And that’s horrible, tbh. She is my favorite character and i hate to see her acting pathetic and desperate.

29. lauren says:

I love Rachel/Jesse. He is a match for her in every way. And he’s hilarious!

30. Paul says:

I’ve hated Jesse with a burning passion since his first episode in season 1. The only good part of him is his voice, but I am glad they’re bringing back the guest stars that aren’t movie stars but people like April and Jesse.

31. Emily says:

Oh look, Glee again referencing something from past episodes as a character flaw/hypocrisy which was actually just bad, inconsistent writing!

• Rosie says:

HAHAHA, so much this! Although pretty much every word that comes out of a character’s mouth on Glee is bad writing. If it weren’t for the awesome songs I wouldn’t touch this show with a barge pole. :P

• murley says:

part of the weird abruptness of jesse’s character arc was that fox made glee air the 2 penultimate episodes in a different order and they had to cut out a jesse scene to make that switch work. i like when glee gets a little meta, even if it is to explain away a minor plot hole.

32. Geraldine says:

Jesse’s so hilarious and I love his voice. He’s so perfect for Rachel. I hope he stays for S3.

33. Rosie says:

As long as Rachel stops pining over the biggest douche of them all (Finn) then I don’t care who she dates.

34. A says:

YES. Finn is NOT good enough for Rachel and even if Jesse has problems, he gets her in a way no one else does. Also, JGroff needs to be allowed to sing in each of these three episodes he’s back for, because he is phenomenal.

35. Elissa says:

FINN AND RACHEL FTW!!! WHO CARES -WHY- HE DID IT…DO YOU THINK FINN WOULD E V E R THROW EGGS AT RACHEL?? THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. PUT EM BACK TOGETHER ALREADY!!

• Amy says:

Eggs, no? But have you HEARD Finn this season?! He’s been a lying, back-stabbing hypocrite, who was always to cowardly to stick up for Rachel when she needed him. The list is endless. Jesse made one mistake, and he’s apologizing for it. The fact that you don’t think Finn treated Rachel badly is boggling my mind.

• Marty says:

He DID throw eggs at her, he said so in the pilot. And even if he hadn’t, it wouldn’t matter because he’s still a terrible boyfriend, they have zero chemistry or things in common and he can’t keep up with her. They just bring out the worst in each other.

I hope she stays with Jesse. They’re perfect for each other.

• Marie says:

Um… actually Marty is right. Finn threw eggs at her first – it was in the pilot. He also led her on that first season when he was still with Quinn because he wanted a Glee scholarship. Remember that? He cheated WITH Quinn on Sam – multiple kisses and making out, remember that? But he couldn’t forgive Rachel for kissing Puck and she actually confessed it to him – and it was due to his lie about losing his virginity. This is the boy you want her to date? Yes, Jesse isn’t perfect and he made some major mistakes but he didn’t try and change her – Finn can’t say the same because he did try and change her – remember him talking about the way she dressed? Heck, at this point, I don’t want to see Rachel with anyone. I want to see the strong confident take no holds Rachel from season 1. I want to see her stand proudly on her own two feet without needing a man.

36. Brenda says:

Lol @ the people saying that Finn and Rachel belong together.

Excuse you, but Finn also treat Rachel horrible and i don’t see him apologizing to her.

I’m so excited to have JGroff back.

• michele says:

Did Finn cheat on Rachel… ummm no!!! I love how people forget that Rachel is in the wrong here too. OPEN YOUR EYES! LOVE ISN’T EASY! With that – I love Groff. But only if I get Jealous Finn and a sing off between Finn and Jessie. That would be nice :) I love Finn and Rachel – they are true love. Doesn’t anyone see that Jessie and Quinn are just the obstacles between Finn and Rachel – and their true love! Jessie used Rachel (he just said it in the video!!) and Quinn is using Finn (for prom queen!)….they both are distracted but I know Finn and Rachel will come to their senses.

• Marie says:

Finn did not cheat on Rachel, but said he couldn’t forgive her for the kiss with Puck. I do think it is a big deal to lie about your sexual history – it’s not something you can joke around with and put other people’s health at risk because you don’t want to be honest. Plus he’s a hypocrite because he forgave Quinn and is dating her again! I think the fact that she SLEPT with Puck and had his baby while trying to make Finn think it was his is a bigger betrayal than a kiss which the person told him about right after it happened. What about you?

Let us not forget that he was one of the jocks that tormented Rachel – he egged her as we learned in the pilot. He also kissed her when he was with Quinn – stringing her along to get a Glee scholarship? Any of these wrongdoings ringing a bell? Point is – he did hurtful things to her too and she forgave him. Is he the only one to blame? No – but he should have given her the same forgiveness he has received on several occasions. I don’t think that is unreasonable is it?

Personally, like I said above, Rachel needs to discover her strong self again. I also think Finn could use some time alone as well to stand on his own feet and grow up as well.

• shelley says:

Just anst by the writers like they used Finn and Quinn as an obstacle. But agree the writers have lessened Rachel’s determination and stardom drive to then be a love sick puppy til it’s nauseating. I scream at the TV trying to tell her stop!!!!!!!!!!!! If I was close enough to the writers I’d throw a book at them. They need to be arrested for idiocy. But bringing Jon Groff back is going to be a joy just for listening t his singing. Maybe he is here to be a friend to Rachel and knows that is all it will ever be.

• steve says:

Jessie’s back and the timing couldn’t be any better! All that Finn needed was to see how much he really loves Rachel and to face the reality that he may not be able to get her back. Anybody out there figured out that Finn has told Rachel that her loves her several times and yet I can’t remember him ever saying the same to Quinn. Though I don’t want Finn and Rachel back to together quite yet – it will be nice to see how Finn reacts when Rachel has options – the fact that they belong together (Finn and Rachel) should be clear to anyone. As for me – I would love to see Quinn and Sam back together, they genuinely bring out the best in each other. As I side bar I thought Finn’s rendition of “I’ve gotta be me” was his best performance this season!

37. Allie says:

Can we have him and his magnificent voice back forever? Get rid of Finn, no one needs him.

38. Jane says:

St. Berry is my favorite of all! Best voices, best chemistry. I’m just sad he’s only back for three episodes :(

39. Samanatha says:

Completely, profoundly indifferent to Groff or Jesse. I hope Rachel’s just using him for a prom date and humiliates him by dumping him there as payback. The apology is a nice gesture, but I didn’t buy it at all. If Jesse and Rachel going to prom together helps Finn finally face what a hypocritical d-bag he’s been all season then I’m all for it, though.

40. aeryn says:

I love Jesse, and his return will make for good conflict on the show, which needs it right now! But I’m surprised at all the “hatred” for Finn. I’m totally rooting for Finchel, and I know a lot of people do. Jesse and Rachel are too smilar, they can’t grow together, contrary to Finchel who I’m sorry HAVE amazing chemistry. But I agree that Finn has been a complete douche since he got back with Quinn, and it’s not smart writing to make him go backwards like that..Also, I agree with the comment that if Rachel goes to prom with Jesse only to piss off Finn that will be so disappointing. The girl needs to regain some self respect!

41. Anne says:

YES SHE SHOULD FORGIVE HIM.
    But I don’t want her to for the sake of making Finn jealous. To be honest, Rachel should just stop wasting her time on Finn.

42. Jessy says:

I think I just peed my pants! Jesse is the sexiest thing that has happened to Glee other than Lea Michele!!! WOOOOO GOOOOOOO GROOOFFFFFF!!!!!!

43. celita says:

Of course she should!, she gave 1000 oportunities to everyone else, why shouldn’t Jesse get a second one?, he actually feels bad about what he did and apologised to her for a change.

44. Tania says:

Finally Jonathan is back!!!
    Rachel should not only give him a chance, but Ryan Murphy should also think about getting Jnathan to the third season of Glee :))

45. Jane99 says:

If it would stop the endless Cycle of Mope that is Finchel, I’d ship Rachel with a rock. Jesse is so much better, and Rachel should pounce on him and not look back! They can go to New York and ham it up together. It would be totally awesome.

46. Riker says:

Jonathan should become a regular. His character is a perfect match for Rachel, they have great musical and romantic chemistry. But anyone is better than Finn anyway.

47. Anne says:

I ship St.Berry all the way, they’re too perfect for each other. Finn sucks!

48. Raphael says:

Rachel NEEDS to give him a second chance. They were meant to be together!

49. Helen says:

No she shouldn’t …. and yes, she will!

50. claudia says:

No matter how hot Jesse is or how well he sings, the man looks liike he’s in his 30’s. It would be just creepy to put him with someone who is supposed to be a high school kid. If Rachel goes to prom with him, it will look like she’s going with her bachelor uncle. EWWW!