Kris Allen vs. Jason Castro! Archie vs. Taylor! The Idol Bracket Tourney Rages On!

Round 2 of’s American Idol All-Time Greatest Performance Bracket Tournament continues today with a series of performances so memorable, all you need are the song titles to know which contestants sang ’em: “Heartless” vs. “Hallelujah”; “Imagine” vs “Living for the City”; “It’s All Wrong But It’s All Right” vs. “I Walk the Line.”

Yes, folks, it’s time to grab your Tums, ignore the impending sensation of agita, and get voting in the latest set of single-elimination faceoffs to decide which 16 Idol Moments advance to Round 3 of our 64-player tourney, which is composed of the most electrifying moments in the 10-season history of Fox’s ratings juggernaut.

Every day around 1:00 p.m. ET over the next few weeks, we’ll launch a new set of duels to the death that will have you joyously reliving your favorite Idol moments and weeping into your clenched fists over the fact that you have to choose between ’em.

Before you head to the polls, you may want to peruse these memory-refreshing links to the performances entering the ring this afternoon:

David Archuleta, “Imagine
Taylor Hicks, “Living for the City
Alex Lambert, “Everybody Knows
Clay Aiken, “Bridge Over Troubled Water
Kris Allen, “Heartless
Jason Castro, “Hallelujah
Michael Johns, “It’s All Wrong But It’s All Right
Chris Daughtry, “I Walk the Line

‘Idoloonies’: Paul McDonald on ‘Blackbird,’
Crazy Dancing, and…Adam Lambert Comparisons?

It’s gonna be brutal seeing four of those great Idol moments snuffed out before the Round of 16, no? So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

And if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks and how the first four days of matchups played out, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Logistics says:

I have a feeling people are voting for Archie vs Hicks based on Taylor’s post-Idol career/perception. His “Living in the City” is SO MUCH BETTER than Archie’s “Imagine”

• Ah, guess we kinda had the same thought at the same time. I just posted a similar thought below. You beat me to it!

• Nice Guyz laways Goo says:

I was so mad when Jacob got voted off… So I went online and looked for an automatic American Idol voting system and I found one that can get in 20 votes every 5 minutes. It’s insane!

If you guys want to check it out, here’s the link:

• jazzy says:

I’m surprised you admit to liking Jacob on TV Line threads without fear of public humiliation and flogging.

Well, I’m a fan too. He needs some refinement, but he can sing like nobody else.
          Go Jacob.

• LAMusic says:

That’s a spam/scam post you replied to. That bot posts on all the comments using any name at all. This week just happens to be Jacob because he’s the most recent boot.

• Jacob Fan says:

I TOTALLY AGREE! I will definitely buy anything he puts out, and I hope it’s SOON! What a voice AND personality! He just needs a good vocal coach and careful song choice!

• MDEP says:

I agree. I am not a fan Hick and I voted for him both times.

• Karrie says:

I disagree! I actually loved Archuleta’s ‘Imagine’ and I couldn’t stand him, at all!

• linda says:

I totally disagree with you on this one. I thought David Archuletta’s performance of Imagine was on the most moving I ever hear don Idol. It gave me goosebumps and I am a major music snob. I think most of the Idol performances are average to good. Half the people on the show won’t be successful in music afterwards. Although this year, the final four are oretty good.

• Mike says:

Archie’s Imagine is my favorite Idol performance of all time! I like Taylor, but there’s no comparison.

• Metalocalypse says:

u r delusional if u think this. archie’s imagine wipes the floor with taylor’s drunk uncle version of Living for the city.

• BassSinger says:

I agree. It really surprised me. You take away the fact that Imagine is an amazing song and you realize that Taylor brought a lot to “Living in the City”.

Any version of Halleluia is discounted because the song is too beautiful and it very hard to screw it up if you sing in tune and softly.

• nohaters says:

So because the song is so beautiful in and of itself, no matter how well it’s sung, less credit is due the performer. That is just… mean to say…..but… can….(sigh). The stupidity/ignorance of that has left me comment-less.

• Ian says:

agreed :)

• Suzanne says:

Is this a joke post? Imagine was outstanding (innocent, thought-provoking, and a great vocal) and Living for the City was like a lounge act. Taylor was even wearing a velvet lounge-y jacket. I like Taylor; I own his album and play The Runaround on my active playlist. But between those two performances, it’s Imagine by a mile.

• aizjanika says:

I voted for Archie, because I felt his performance was better. I didn’t really like Taylor’s version of Living for the City–and to refresh my memory, I just watched/listened to both performances again just now. I thought Taylor’s performance was a bit hokey, while Archie took me along for the ride.

I didn’t love Archie’s version of Imagine either, but I liked it and felt he put more of himself into the song. He also made a beloved old song sound at least somewhat current. I’d still take the original of Imagine any day over Archie’s version, but I feel it was better than Taylor’s Living for the City.

• WHAT!?!? says:

What you’ve just typed is the one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent reponse were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this post is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points. May God have mercy on your soul.

Archuleta = 80%
      Taylor = 20%

“SO MUCH BETTER” = not so much

• Fan of Both! says:

I loved Taylor during Season 5, but Livin’ for the City was not my fave song he sang, though I loved almost every one! My fave of his was “Trouble.” Since Season 7, my fave Idol is Archie, and you could hardly beat “Imagine!” Same with him, I loved most every song he sang, and one America didn’t get to see, which he sang during auditions ~ “Crazy” ~ unbelievable!

• asmiralda says:

I don’t think so!!! Archie’s “imagine” is one of the best performance on AI. Archie will go on Asian Tour starting with Indonesia on July 16, 2011 and then Malaysia, Phillipine and who knows where else will he be. He is loved by his fans.

• ReMMeZ says:

Asmiralda, Get your ears fixed girl. Nothing David dever did is even slightly better than Taylor. Archie’s imagine was NOT good, it sucked. Only 15 y o girls loved it

• Chelzee says:

backatcha – Hicks is a JOKE, not in the same league as Archuleta or any of these other alums. The show doesn’t even half admit or acknowledge him as a winner, so what does that say? LOSER, even though he won, lol

• asmiralda says:

I don’t need my ears to be fixed!!!! My ears are just perfect. If Master Class Lady who knows music very, very well and is the expert praised David, then I know exactly that I am right David is amazing. K. McPhee is better than Hicks actually.

• flutiefan says:

oh honey, this 35 year old WOMAN loved David Archuleta and everything he sang. his performance of “Imagine” is my single favorite moment of American Idol, bar none.

• ReMMeZ says:

Talor Hicks is lightyears better than deuce David A. Get real people.

• Den says:

HAHAHAHAHHA – the voters have spoken. The Soul Patrol are all Glamberts now, so go somewhere else with your sorry butt and stan for this loser Hicks.

• Linda says:

Archie’s “Imagine” wasn’t HIS version of “Imagine” – it was Eva Cassidy’s version. It really bugs me when someone COPIES another artist’s arrangement and doesn’t give them the credit for it. I agree that Taylor’s performance of that particular song is far superior to Archie’s.

• asmiralda says:

Wow, wow, wow, Archie always mentions his source…..he never claimed that it was his “version”, please do your research. He was the one who praised the late Eva Cassidy highly and mentioned how he admired her and always does. David is such a sweet person, he never said something as his when in fact it is not his. We, his fans know David has a good heart and let’s say…. what you see is what you get. He is wonderful inside and outside. That’s why his fans are loyal, love, and will always support him.

2. Kinda surprised there isn’t more voter love for Taylor. ‘Imagine’ was good but it’s just been covered so many freakin times. I liked Archie better on ‘Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.’ Randy about had a heart attack afterward screaming “CRAZY VOCALS!” Of course we’ve found out recently how wrong Randy can be :)

3. Alli says:

Really Slezak!? You’re making us pick between Heartless and Hallelujah this early on!? ahhhh!

• Meyling says:

Seriously!!! I would have voted for both of those performances over any of these others ones!

.. and I voted for Hicks over Archie. I honestly hated Imagine.

• wicked says:

Beautiful performances by Kris and Jason – really hard to choose – two of my favorites.

• Jaded says:

No jive! Those were 2 of my favorite performances on the list along with Alex Lambert’s Everybody Knows!

• aislinn says:

Agreed! This has been one of the hardest match-ups for me so far. I really love everything about both of these performances. Makes it almost impossible to choose…

4. SharonM says:

I didn’t like either performance by Archie or Taylor, but I’ll go with Taylor. ugh, I can’t believe I just said that.

• ramydam says:

I didn’t watch either of their seasons, so I went based on my initial reaction to watching the vids linked and also ended up voting for Hicks: Archuleta’s vocal was great, but it didn’t feel like it went anywhere, whereas Hicks seemed to really be having fun, made the song interesting and sounded good doing it.

5. Sean D says:

I agree with Logistics; I think people by and large are voting “contestant” over “performance.” Daughtry > Michael Johns certainly, but honestly and truly, I think “It’s All Wrong But It’s All Right” has measurable greatness above “I Walk the Line.”

• mandy says:

Totally agree. Michael Johns performance is my favorite on idol.

• JJ says:

Yes! What you said.

• Anne says:

I’m sure people are voting contestant over performance. Loved “It’s All Wrong But It’s All Right”. Michael was never given a lot of credit for the creative arrangement of this song. He didn’t copy it from someone else’s version. Go look up the original by Dolly Parton. Michael took an country song and turned it into a sexy, bluesy, soulful song.

• Jennine says:

Totally agree. While the judges gave MJ high praise from IAWBIAR, no one acknowledged how different the original version is from MJ’s sexy blues version of the song. MJ was very underrated on IDOL. End of story.

• Diego says:

I completely agree. People, this is a poll for best Idol PERFORMANCE ever, not best Idol ever.

• sexiness says:

That Michael Johns performance was and still is the sexiest ever on Idol. It made me swoon, and I never swoon, LOL.

• ramydam says:

Since I only really started paying any attention to idol in season 8, I’ve been watching all of the linked vids. It’s been really cool to see so many great performances that I missed because I had written the show off sight-unseen.
      A lot of the pairings have been really hard to judge, though! Loved the Michael Johns performance, but Daughtry’s voice, the arc of the arrangement, and his stage presence tipped the balance for me. Now I will check out more from both of them!

6. Lori says:

Wow, I’m in the minority in all except for Kris Allen’s ‘Heartless.’

7. SteelersAllTheWay says:

I agree. Archie basically sucked. Just a goody two-shoes kid. Doesn’t have much of a career from what I see other than singing national anthem.

• Nina says:

Archuleta did much better than Hicks in many respects. He had a 2 million selling single, a gold cd, a christmas cd that kicks butt – all this fighting stupid misconceptions and short sighted judgements from people like you. what is wrong with being a young person of faith, and morals? he wasn’t and doesn’t try to force them on anyone, so the unjustified hate he gets is just ridiculous. He is all of 20 years old, has a lot of time to go in any direction he wants. Taylor is washed up for all purposes. Who really knows or cares about him now, and some of you have the nerve to throw shade at Archuleta? Get real.

• billy bob says:

Totally agree> Archie’s Imagine is one of the best(if not the best) performances ever on Idol. I also like Taylor Hicks, but was disappointed in his cd. David is doing just fine with his career. I am sure he is ok with it.??

• Melanie says:

You dont think that David Archuleta has a career other than National Anthems? You obviously havent seem him trending in 7 countires today #davidarchulta! Headling with Brad Paisley in the largest fireworks in the USA Stadium of Fire for July 2nd in Utah! Huge concert in Indonesia announced today anothe big on in Asia to be announced. Also Headliner for the May fest in Myrtle Beach! Maybe you should check out Davids schedule before you judge his career! Double platium single with Crush!!!

8. girlfromPA says:

OMG watch Paula after Jason sings Hallelujah! Gawd I miss her!

9. I love Archie,Michael Johns and Chris D is good, Chris A is alright. the other two i’m not a fan of. sorry

10. Sunset says:

Archuleta’s ‘Imagine’ hands down best vocal performance on Idol ever. You haters just hate on him for the most ridiculous reasons – his youth, his religion, and who knows what else. None which have any foundation, just bitter people slinging baseless hate on someone not deserving it. You cannot assail his talent, or take away this brilliant vocal performance. A showstoppe then, and now.

• Sandi says:

Wow, calm down. It’s a reality show. Are you his mom?

The thing about opinions is that everyone is entitled to their own.

• NOT EVEN RELATED! says:

But why SHOULD she calm down! I’m sick & tired of seeing kids like Archie (and even Jacob now) dissed for their religion or good morals – and I know that’s what it is! Very SAD America, very SAD. Seems like all people want is sex, sex, and more sex! But the person who said Archie’s career is totally going downhill hasn’t been keeping track of him AT ALL! Have you checked his followers on Twitter lately? And, by the way, Taylor is doing just fine too! He’s a happy camper, and that’s all that matters. Looks like he’s pretty successful too! I saw him on Broadway, and they even asked him to give a mini concert after the Grease production! In both cases, everybody who meets both Archie and Taylor in person LOVES them! I’ve met both, so I know what I’m talking about!

• Sandi says:

You should calm down too. Who said anything about his morals or religion? I found him boring as a performer and overrated as a singer. As for Jacob, I found his vocals excruciating, now that you mention it. I have no idea what his religious beliefs are nor do I consider it my business. I just wish he wouldn’t sing anywhere where I might have to hear it.

Where on earth do you get from what I said that I want sex? LOL! You are too funny.

• Denil says:

I might be, so watch it.

11. connor says:

Michael Sleaze-hack is playing the same games here that he did on EW. HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN.

12. brandy says:

Man oh man. I can’t even choose between most of these.

13. Jessica says:

Heartless is winning over Hallelujah?? I hate how Kris gets all the credit for singing Heartless the way he did-he found it on you tube b/c it was already done by The Fray. Which they sang better.

• michele says:

Lol Even if Kris did see The Frays version on you tube Kris’ version does not sound like it. The Frays version is boring as hell and puts me to sleep. Kris’ version is more upbeat and was amazing

• Stephanie says:

The Fray’s version is different. And Kris did this very well. He is the third one to do this song. And the credit he gets is well deserved. The Fray and Kanye West both did this song previous.

• KrisMyIdol says:

Oh,, come on.. As Randy said.. Kris’s version was way better than The Fray’s or even the original Kanye’s Version.

Kris’s version makes people to actually feel and understand the great lyrics of the song.. You could even see the setting in the song if you really pay attention to his singing..

And, I do love The Frays but seriously, their version of Heartless is boring..

• lullers says:

…people are still saying this?

• FAN OF BOTH! says:

I just HATE this – pitting one against the other! These were 2 GREAT performances, BOTH of them! And yes, these are ALL COVERS ~ DUH! Even David Cook admittedly found his covers on the Internet, just like everybody else, and yet David Cook never gets ANY flack and can do no wrong! GEESH! The cocky get away with everything!

14. Barbara says:

Actually, Alex Lambert was placed on another reality show/talent platform- ‘If I Can Dream” by the producers of Idol, shortly after he left Idol. He was not on AI long enough to develop a credible resume of performances, and had VASTLY less experience than any of these other guys. Its all about his potential and vocal tone. Believe it or not- Alex Lambert is the ONLY talent from this group that is currently signed to 19 Management Co…That speaks VOLUMES for Alex…

• Barbara says:

ETA- My sister-in- law just informed me that Daughtry AND Alex Lambert are the only artists managed by 19M on this list- MY BAD..

• Eric Seacrusty says:

Barbara, I also think Alex is very talented, but I wouldn’t say being managed by 19 is exactly evidence of talent haha:
        1. 19M picked up Sanjaya.
        2. Platinum selling/ Grammy winning idols have SUED TO GET OUT OF their 19 Management contracts (see Clay Aiken) or split as soon as their contract expired (see Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparx)

So, maybe none of other these guys are CURRENTLY managed by 19, but they all were at some point, before jumping ship for better management as soon as they legally could… like Alex hopefully will.
        Man are you sure he’s not signed to XIX? How many years will he be property of 19, do you know?

• Rachel says:

Not sure what this comment is a propos, but you’re right anyway Barbara… Alex Lambert’s “Everybody Knows” may not be as polished as Clay’s “Bridge…”, but what makes it greater IMO is the immense potential that comes across in his delivery, due to that lovely tone.

A shame we didn’t get to see more… as evidenced by Alex’s single “I Didn’t Know”, the potential we heard in his performance(as well as in Lily and Katelyn) could well have been realized on the Idol stage, and made for a great ninth season.

It still makes for a great Idol “moment”.

15. Carribean Kinglords says:

If you guys want to check it out, here’s the link:

16. Rachel says:

Chris’ “Heartless” versus Jason’s “Hallelujah”!! Too hard! Gonna have to go with Jason though. Still raises hairs…

17. CindyofAngels says:

Taylor Hicks outlasting Chris Daughtry was the biggest Idol travesty ever.

• billy bob says:

Yeah, Taylor outlasted Daughtry#4 who has millions of records and don’t forget Kelli Pickler#6 who has also sold millions of records (not nearly as much as Chris, tho). Plus On October 26, Pickler won the title of Country Weekly’s poll of most beautiful woman in country music for the second year in a row.

18. Barbara says:

WOW Taylor Hicks is really being taken to the woodshed on this poll by Archie..What happened to the Soul Patrol???

• asmiralda says:

Barbara, the Soul Patrol is patroling on Broadway and busy taking care of his silver head. Don’t hear much about him.

19. bean99 says:

I can’t believe that you put Chris Daughtry against Michael Johns. I love both of them. Why not Chris against Taylor? That’s a no brainer for me.

• thetruth says:

Chris Daughtry is the biggest tool in Idol history. He’s definitely yesterday’s news, people! Can’t stand him! Voted for Michael Johns who’s so much more appealing.

20. Blisskasden says:

Taylor Hicks is lucky that “Imagine” was chosen here, instead of David’s even more epic performances of “Love Me Tender” or “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.” “Imagine” was David’s most famous performance on the show, but, shockingly, he outdid even that fantastic performance. David was so far and away the best singer of AI7 that the entire season should have been renamed “The David Archuleta Show”. On a short list of AIs best singers, David Archuleta was and still is the show’s greatest discovery. He is also it’s finest citizen.

• Name That Tune says:

Never was an Archie fan. I’d pick Taylor Hicks over any Archie performance – and I never watched AI during Hicks season so I don’t even know whether he was awesoms or awful. Archie always left me cold. Nothing to decide here.

• Amy says:

Couldn’t have said it better, Bliss.
      Everyone is entitled to their own tastes, but the tired, old, inaccurate “Archie-hating” is just a bore.
      Archuleta will keep rollin’ on his merry way, no matter what’s said anyway, with plenty of die-hard fans in tow.

• Name That Tune says:

This is a bracket competition. I can easily see some of the other bracket winners defeating “Imagine”. Put Daughtry’s “Walk the Line” vs Archie’s “Imagine”. Or Kris’ “Heartless”. Or Adam’s “Mad World”. Or even Cookie’s “Always Be My Baby.” Any one of those performances will knock Archie out of the competition.

• ArchAngel22 says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH – He has kicked all their asses in one way or another on tougher polls than this – betting against Archuleta on any poll is stupid, but keep talking. Just makes the ass kicking much sweeter.

21. becca says:

most comments hate imagine here but Imagine is wooping ass. I guess the voters who vote for Imagine don’t care to comment. so funny. David is very popular, he has been trending all day. same people who been trending have been voting, not just this one but David is in 4 polls right now and winning them all. Archie’s fanbase is strong!!

• Blair says:

..what this also might reflect, becca, is that a large majority of voters/bloggers (or perhaps just viewers) of this site have grown tired of the back and forth ping-ponging of the same trite arguments, just said or colored in a different way, and would rather let just their votes do the talking for them? jmt…

• Amy says:

22. Eric Seacrusty says:

Barbara, I also think Alex is very talented, but I wouldn’t say being managed by 19 is exactly evidence of talent haha.
    1. 19M picked up Sanjaya.

23. Terry says:

I Love both Chris D. and Michael Johns..But, got to give it to Michael Johns..OUTSTANDING “It’s all Wrong But, It’s all right” performance!

24. Brecken P says:

Most of these were pretty easy. Archuleta over Hicks–I wasn’t a fan of Hicks’ “Living For The City” at all, really, and “Imagine” was one of the greatest performances of the 7th season. Aiken over Lambert–while “Bridge Over Troubled Water” is probably my least favorite of Aiken’s great performance, I’ll take any of Aiken’s great performances over this particular performance by Lambert, which was well-done but far from flawless or breathtaking. Allen over Castro–“Heartless” was a game changer, and “Hallelujah” is a song that’s difficult not to sing well (see Urban, Tim and DeWyze, Lee).

The toughest choice was Johns vs. Daughtry, but ultimately I had to pick Daughtry, although it’s hard to believe Johns was eliminated a week after that performance. Daughtry’s just hard to beat at his best.

• Kevin says:

Speaking of Dewyze -how pitiful is it that he couldn’t get out of the first round last week in Michael’s tourney?..That “winner” didn’t get as far as Alex Lambert, or Crystal,or even Casey all from that year.. that season was sooo weird!!!

• Kevin says:

BTW..I think that will hold in all their careers as well. I mean let’s get real folks- Alex, Crystal, and Casey are much more marketable than Lee in the REAL world..just keepin’ it real…

25. Rose says:

Jason’s version of Hallelujah and LaToya London’s All By Myself will ALWAYS be my two favorite performances ever on AI

26. Rick says:

Interesting how people can act civil when there are no glambert fans arguing about their idol’s world domination in music. Wish all idols could stay friendly and all fan wars could be eliminated. It would really help ALL idols if the fans would quit arguing and support each other. Those artists outside the Idol bubble do just that–Gaga, Katie, Justin B, etc etc. Their fans don’t argue about who’s best, they just support their chosen one. And guess what–the chosen ones outside idol are way more accepted than idols.

Note that polls usually pit only idols against idols. Polls perpetuate the fan wars. Why not stick Justin B, or Miley C, or Bruno Mars in these polls along with the idols? I refuse to participate in idol wars. It only hurts the idols overall. The sooner the fans realize that the sooner it will be that all idols are accepted.

27. Rick says:

These brackets suck, should have ranked and seeded the performances better. How does Pia’s “Stand by me” loose in the first round? Best vocal of S10 for sure!

28. Magda says:

Love both Jason and Kris and both performances were brilliant but this is an easy choice. Heartless wins HANDS DOWN. It was a game changer in the show and mainly the reason Kris went on win the crown that season. No brainer.

• Ann says:

I agree, Magda. Heartless was very instrumental in giving Kris the win. It was definitely a game changer.

I agree with the rest of the polls current results too

29. cobby says:

I agree with Rick. If you are an idol fan, don’t you realize all of these kids are going to have to fight the prejudice towards idol contestants from those outside the idol bubble? There is no need to try to hurt any of these kids. Fan wars are ridiculous and hurt all of the idols, including your favorite. My favorite gave me the chills when he sang and I have since learned what a remarkable and giving human being he is. I will always be his fan but I wish them all well. It is not an easy industry to try to succeed in.

30. Sandi says:

Sorry, I couldn’t stand David Archuletta and found his “Imagine” to be overrated. But that could be based on my overall dislike for him and my distaste for the way they pimped him out. I vote Hicks.

The only one I’m truly on the fence about is Kris Allen’s Heartless v. Jason Castro’s Hallelujah. I prefered the latter but I have to say that it’s pretty easy for someone to sing Hallelujah and be incredibly moving. It’s just one of those perfect songs.

• Srsly? says:

How can you make that assumption about a 16/17 year old kid then, and hate him for the show’s manipulative pimpimg? I don’t get it, because I’m assuming you’re a grown up – it just seems like a shortcut to using your own brain to let someone create such a false impression of someone – someone you don’t even know. I see now how easy prejudices and other illogical assumptions are formed in some folks. Your reasoning for disliking him is ridiculous, with all respect.

• Sandi says:

Let me make this clearer for you. Perhaps “hate” was a strong word but I strongly disliked his vocal performances. When I said I disliked him, that is all that I was refering to. I have no feeling whatsoever about him as a person. I’m sure he was/is a great guy and deserves respect. As far as the “pimping” goes, it tends to make me dislike a contestant more (as a contestant, not as a person) when Idol them down my throat.

I can’t for the life of me understand why you would say that my reasoning for disliking him is ridiculous considering that I didn’t actually state my reasoning before this. You obviously completely misunderstood me.

31. JVC says:

To piggy back on what Kevin said, it is weird Lee Dewyze couldn’t make it pass the first round. I mean all the other winners made it passed the first round. I think it shows how overrated Lee was and since he won, I don’t think he can live up to the hype. But i wish lee the best of luck in his career. As for this round, i had to give more support to Taylor cause I knew that people would vote more for archie. Clay over Alex. KRIS over castro hands down. HEARTLESS FOR THE WIN! Bummed chikezie didn’t make it pass the first round that performance was EPIC. With that said, Daughtry over michael johns.

32. Kevin says:

I don’t mean to be too harsh-Lee seems like a nice guy, but does not have the star quality of a Crystal, Casey, or Alex..

33. edieallen says:

Came here to vote for Kris. Found out something I never knew: Taylor Hicks has fans. Clearly they are delerious if they think Taylor is better than David Archuleta. I love Kris but even I think Archie’s performance of Imagine is stellar. Glad the kid is winning.

Ok, I was intrigued so before I hit send I looked up Hicks on Twitter. He has just about 10,000 followers. Archie has over 635,000! This pretty much says it all.
    btw, I won’t be back to check on the Taylor fans hate I’m sure I’ll be getting. jsyk

34. Anas says:

HAHAHAHAH – Taylor’s fans have deserted him for Lambert and Cook – the ones left are grannies and just a few hardcore Soul Patrollers from back in his day. That is why they’re so crabby – they haven’t taken their Metamucil.

35. justme says:

I bet for every Archie hater out there, there are double the amount of fans who love him. Including me. Everyone is entitled to their own tastes and may like someone’s performance over someone else’s. But, that doesn’t mean you can trash the other performers. If you don’t like it, you don’t like it. But, all the performers competing in this bracket have fans who love them for many different reasons. I have been moved my many of the performances that are listed above, but it was Archie’s Imagine that had the most effect on me. I never liked that song until I heard him sing it. For me, Archie is one of the most gifted people to come out of Idol and his soul is just as beautiful as his voice. Archie has become well known in other countries and has fans worldwide who love him. After three years, those of us who have been following him can tell you his career is still going strong.

36. Brandon says:

Actually you can understand why Simon Fuller placed Alex Lambert on “If I Can Dream” after he left Idol..Alex was SO inexperienced he would have cracked under the pressure had he continued on Idol, and I now can really understand why Fuller wanted him to develop at a slower pace.He’s very talented and hopefully can fulfill his potential at some point…