Exclusive

Psych Exclusive: Molly Ringwald Inks (Brat) Pact to Play Nurse From Hell

Psych‘s Brat Pack obsession shows no sign of letting up.

The USA Network dramedy has tapped ’80s icon Molly Ringwald to guest star during the show’s sixth season, which launches this fall.

Ringwald — whose career got a nice jump-start three years ago thanks to ABC Family’s Secret Life of the American Teenager — will play a nurse at a mental hospital who Shawn suspects is abusing her powers, a la Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

Other B-Packers who have passed through Psych in recent years include Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. vjw says:

Now they just need to get them all together in one episode! :)

2. Valerie says:

Now if only they can get Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy and Emilio Estevez there I’d be even happier :)

3. Jenna V says:

this is AMAZING!!!! and i like to count Anthony Michael Hall b/c Shawn and Johnny did a crossover commercial in Psych’s 1st season. It will count until AMH gets on the show for real. Still waiting for that! until then, YAY FOR MOLLY!!!

4. t.t says:

Can we get jon cryer as one of the patients get a little reunion

5. Tiffany says:

I could see them getting Andrew McCarthy since he’s already been on Royal Pains and White Collar — he’s almost a regular at USA! Rob Lowe…I think with the right pitch, he would do it. Is Emilo Estevez still acting? Haven’t seen him in forever!

• bmospr04 says:

he was on 2.5 Men

• han says:

Emilio Estefez directed, produced and wrote the Golden Globe for Best Drama nominated movie, Bobby.. it’s a critical darling. The movie was big with the critics in 2007, Estefez also appeared in the movie.

He’s following me on Twitter :)

6. bmospr04 says:

I love Psych for this reasons, Reminiscing the 80’s and 90’s classics. We’re all 80-90’s babies…

7. Carrie says:

I love how the people at “Psych” seem to be obsessed with the 80’s. Everything I’m hearing about the new season sounds awesome.

8. M says:

I got so excited when I saw ‘Psych Exclusive’. I would click on the link even if it said Gus was growing a mullet, and Shawn was adopting a ferret with Lassie. (I’d watch that anyway. Just for the lols.)

Anyway, this news is making me even more anxious for the new season. I honestly cannot wait. And I’d love to see Rob Lowe or Andrew McCarthy on the show. I mean Andrew, like someone else mentioned, has been on other USA shows, and Rob Lowe is already on an NBC/Universal network… It could happen…

Keep up the Psych scoop, TVLine! I don’t need to know what the Glee kids are having for breakfast. Give us the good stuff! :)

9. Kat says:

I absolutely LOVE this show! The list of guest stars has been amazing but I would watch regardless of who is or isn’t a guest. The show just keeps getting better and better with time! I can’t wait for Shaun and Jules to walk down the isle…..someday!

10. KD says:

Is it true that Psych is not coming back in the summer this year? I really don’t want to wait until the fall for the next season

• sarah says:

yup. its not coming back the fall. But no specific date has been annonced yet. this makes me sad, but ill be worth the wait.

11. John Lodge says:

But Estevez has “appeared” (kinda) as Shawn’s alias, Emilio Estevez ESTEVETH! (the football eppy)