Psych Exclusive: Molly Ringwald Inks (Brat) Pact to Play Nurse From Hell

Psych‘s Brat Pack obsession shows no sign of letting up.

The USA Network dramedy has tapped ’80s icon Molly Ringwald to guest star during the show’s sixth season, which launches this fall.

Ringwald — whose career got a nice jump-start three years ago thanks to ABC Family’s Secret Life of the American Teenager — will play a nurse at a mental hospital who Shawn suspects is abusing her powers, a la Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.

Other B-Packers who have passed through Psych in recent years include Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy.

Comments (17)

• Now they just need to get them all together in one episode! :)

Comment by vjw – May 5, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree, now that would totally rock.

Comment by jen – May 5, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if only they can get Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy and Emilio Estevez there I’d be even happier :)

Comment by Valerie – May 5, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d like to see Anthony Michael Hall too

Comment by Michelle – May 6, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is AMAZING!!!! and i like to count Anthony Michael Hall b/c Shawn and Johnny did a crossover commercial in Psych’s 1st season. It will count until AMH gets on the show for real. Still waiting for that! until then, YAY FOR MOLLY!!!

Comment by Jenna V – May 5, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we get jon cryer as one of the patients get a little reunion

Comment by t.t – May 5, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and andrew mccarthy of course <3 he's still cuter than ever :)

Comment by han – May 5, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could see them getting Andrew McCarthy since he’s already been on Royal Pains and White Collar — he’s almost a regular at USA! Rob Lowe…I think with the right pitch, he would do it. Is Emilo Estevez still acting? Haven’t seen him in forever!

Comment by Tiffany – May 5, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he was on 2.5 Men

Comment by bmospr04 – May 5, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emilio Estefez directed, produced and wrote the Golden Globe for Best Drama nominated movie, Bobby.. it’s a critical darling. The movie was big with the critics in 2007, Estefez also appeared in the movie.

He’s following me on Twitter :)

Comment by han – May 5, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Psych for this reasons, Reminiscing the 80′s and 90′s classics. We’re all 80-90′s babies…

Comment by bmospr04 – May 5, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how the people at “Psych” seem to be obsessed with the 80′s. Everything I’m hearing about the new season sounds awesome.

Comment by Carrie – May 5, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got so excited when I saw ‘Psych Exclusive’. I would click on the link even if it said Gus was growing a mullet, and Shawn was adopting a ferret with Lassie. (I’d watch that anyway. Just for the lols.)

Anyway, this news is making me even more anxious for the new season. I honestly cannot wait. And I’d love to see Rob Lowe or Andrew McCarthy on the show. I mean Andrew, like someone else mentioned, has been on other USA shows, and Rob Lowe is already on an NBC/Universal network… It could happen…

Keep up the Psych scoop, TVLine! I don’t need to know what the Glee kids are having for breakfast. Give us the good stuff! :)

Comment by M – May 5, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely LOVE this show! The list of guest stars has been amazing but I would watch regardless of who is or isn’t a guest. The show just keeps getting better and better with time! I can’t wait for Shaun and Jules to walk down the isle…..someday!

Comment by Kat – May 5, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it true that Psych is not coming back in the summer this year? I really don’t want to wait until the fall for the next season

Comment by KD – May 5, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yup. its not coming back the fall. But no specific date has been annonced yet. this makes me sad, but ill be worth the wait.

Comment by sarah – May 5, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But Estevez has “appeared” (kinda) as Shawn’s alias, Emilio Estevez ESTEVETH! (the football eppy)

Comment by John Lodge – May 23, 2011 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post