Season-Ending Cougar Town Scoop: Hawaiian Heartbreak, Baby Blues and Crazy In-Laws!

Slap out of it! The second season of ABC’s Cougar Town is coming to a close, but there’s still much fun to be had with the Cul-de-sac Crew during these final four installments. So, come cleanse your palette with some C-Town scoop before tuning in tonight at 9:30/8:30c.

Kiddo Kerfuffle | Grayson wants a baby. Jules does not. And this is officially an issue. “The biggest problem these two are going to have at the end of the season and throughout the next is that Jules is done having kids,” Josh Hopkins told TVLine at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Cougar Town event. But for Grayson, “Kids are a high priority, so they’re going to work through that.” Courteney Cox isn’t sure how the maybe-baby drama will play out, but did say that Jules will come to “realize just how much she loves Grayson.” So… maybe we’ll see a baby bump next season?

Kissing Cousins In-Laws | Ian Gomez‘ real-life wife, Nia Vardalos, appears in Cougar Town‘s May 11 installment as Andy’s touchy-feely sister-in-law, and she definitely delivers the funny. “Nia plays my brother’s wife and we have an unresolved history — on her end, at least,” Gomez spilled. “The writers came up with these bizarre yoga poses for couples, so we tried a few of those.” The yoga business between the in-laws apparently bends Ellie out of shape to the point that she turns to Laurie (Busy Philipps) for help. “Laurie and Ellie have a nice moment because Laurie thinks Nia’s character is insane, too” Christa Miller shares with a laugh. “But make no mistake: It’s not going to last.”

Travis’ Hawaiian Hideaway | SPOILER ALERT! If you’re wondering why Travis runs so far, far away — from Florida to Hawaii — after his split with Kirsten (played by Colette Wolfe), blame Laurie. No, really. “She gives him terrible advice,” Philipps told us. “She tells Travis that she wishes she had just dropped everything and gone on some adventure.” Dan Byrd calls Travis’ trip to paradise “part of his healing process” after he “makes a big life decision that blows up in his face. He just spirals from there.” But don’t worry too much about young Trav, because, Philipps assured us, “It all works out for the best.” Imaginary hat-tip to that!

Comments (14)

• Maybe adoption for jules and grayson, i wonder would that work for Grayson? excited for the hawaii episodes…Where’s my man kevin at? hope he goes to hawaii :)

Comment by bmospr04 – May 4, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t think the issue was having a baby, but raising another child.

Comment by Carm – May 4, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show already has one baby (Stan). I don’t want another. If Jules and Grayson break up because of it, that’s fine. There’s a comedy goldmine to be had from their break up!

Comment by AlistairCrane – May 4, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jules not being able to drink wine for 9 months?! I don’t know. I kinda hope they adopt or have a surrogate. But then again, we saw how she was with Stan that night. I don’t know. I totally see Grayson’s side of it, but I see her’s too. I mean, she’s tired and just wants to enjoy life, and not go back to raising a child. But I think she’d make the compromise for Grayson, because, well, come on, how could she not?

Comment by ken – May 4, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Imaginary boxing gloves…

I don’t get what we’re doing.

Comment by Jason Olsan – May 4, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Imaginary comment of the year award goes to….

Comment by Michael – May 4, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would rather them break up than Jules have a baby. She clearly doesn’t want one.

Comment by BRETT – May 4, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody really watch this ridiculous show? And does anyone other than the show’s die-hards really believe that a character played by dried up old Courtney Cox could have any eggs left?

A dumb show that appeals to Sarah Palin fans.

Comment by Miffy – May 5, 2011 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What a random, trolly thing to say…

Comment by Jessie – May 5, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clang, clang clang went the trolly…..

Comment by Tego Livi – May 5, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This is my favorite comment today, from anywhere. LOL And now I will be singing Judy Garland songs all day. :-)

Comment by MelindaB – May 5, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you finished complaining and insulting others? Just because you don’t like the show doesn’t mean that everyone else does.

I like the entire cast and the way they’re portraying the characters.

Comment by Moni – May 5, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One the one hand, this is exactly the kind of thing that breaks up couples, both in real life and in entertainment. But Grayson is 40 (or so), and has to know that the likelihood of his finding another life partner (should he and Jules break up) isn’t all that good, at least not anytime soon. So while I can see him wanting a baby, I would think the lack of one wouldn’t be worth breaking up over. So to sum up: I vote no baby.

Comment by Tego Livi – May 5, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t see a new baby coming into the scene, but who knows?
    I totally understand both Grayson’s and Jules’s points of view though. Anyway, I don’t see them breaking up either: they really love eachother, it was a big step for Grayson to commit to this relationship and I really don’t think he should dump her for this.

Comment by Irene – May 8, 2011 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post