House is ailing a bit.
The yet-to-be-renewed Fox medical drama this Monday drew 8.5 million total viewers — on par with its last outing — but dropped 9 percent in the demos to a new season-low rating of 2.9, TVByTheNumbers confirms. Physician, heal thy Nielsens?
While much Monday fare experienced similar slips, a few shows chalked up Ws. Bubble boy Chuck, for example, gained 8 percent in the demo (1.4) while drawing 4.1 million viewers. Both of CBS’ 8 o’clock hour comedies, How I Met Your Mother (6.7 mil/2.7) and Mad Love (5.8 mil/2.2), were up (8 and 10 percent, respectively). And NBC’s Law & Order: LA (4.8 mil/1.4) enjoyed a second straight week of growth in the demos.
More ratings nuggets:
* Dancing With the Stars this Monday drew 20.9 million viewers and a 4.4 rating, down a few points week-to-week.
* Both The CW’s 90210 (1.5 mil/0.7) and Gossip Girl (1.28 mil/0.7) were down double digits.
* Of the 9 pm bubble shows, NBC’s The Event (4 mil/1.3) held steady while Fox’s The Chicago Code (5.54 mil/1.6) dipped 10 percent. Tragic.
* Mike & Molly shed 12 percent in the demos to hit a series low 2.3. This is where that Two and a Half Men repeat lead-in really starts to sting.
* Castle dominated Monday’s 10 o’clock hour with 12.2 million viewers and a 2.9 rating, while Hawaii Five-0 (9.4 mil/2.4) dropped to a series-low demo rating.
* Episode 3 of HBO’s Game of Thrones on Sunday night drew a series-high 2.4 million viewers with its first airing, and a total of 3.1 mil for the night.