Dancing With The Stars: Did The Right Couple Go Home This Week?

Given all the dramatic story lines on last week’s Dancing With The Stars results show — Pia Toscano mania! Boy band madness! Royal Wedding fever! — it was a welcome relief to see the spotlight back on the question that is most vital to this particular telecast: Who’s going home?

We all knew diva rapper Nicki Minaj’s performances would be eye-popping, potentially naughty (would Len get a lap dance?) and maybe even erupt into controversy (would arch enemy Lil’ Kim throw another Twitter tantrum during her performance?). But c’mon, didn’t we have enough intrigue discovering the fate of potted plant-hurling, tear-stained Kirstie Alley, who made a heartbreaking return to the bottom of the leaderboard on Monday? Throw in Romeo’s shocking fall from grace, Ralph’s stirring comeback, and Kendra’s slow, steady climb to—dare I say it?—respectability, and we had a DWTS week with more plot twists than an episode of Upstairs, Downstairs.

That said, I was totally digging the joyous Macy’s Stars of Dance/Wayne Brady tribute to James Brown, and barely grumbled at all while James Blunt performed his new single “I’ll Be Your Man.” A gorgeous performance by ballet phenom Patricia Zhou to Priscilla Ahn’s “Dream” also soothed my senses, but in the windmills of my Kirstie-obsessed mind, a part of me spent the hour preparing myself for the fact I may have heard the funny lady’s last, delightfully bewildered “where am I?” directed at the permanently malfunctioning Robo Brooke Burke.

But enough about my DWTS hopes and fears! It’s time to reveal which sparkly couple got the lowest combined total of viewer votes and judges’ scores and heard Tom Bergeron’s ultimate words of sadness. Here are tonight’s results:

NOT IMMEDIATELY SENT TO SAFETY OR OTHERWISE KNOWN AS “IN JEOPARDY”
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas
Kendra Wilkinson and Louis Van Amstel

FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY” (THOUGH NOT NECESSARILY THE BOTTOM TWO)
Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas
Kendra Wilkinson and Louis Van Amstel

ELIMINATED
Kendra Wilkinson and Louis Van Amstel

“I’ve lasted seven weeks — I mean seven weeks longer than I ever thought I would last,” said a surprisingly composed Kendra, who joins Mike Catherwood, Wendy Williams, Sugar Ray Leonard, Petra Nemcova and Chris Jericho on the DWTS Season 12 sidelines. “I want to thank Louis for sticking with me,” added Kendra, before sending a sweet shout out to her two Hanks (hubby and baby son) and declaring proudly, “I am not the best dancer but I am the best mom. I’m back to being a mom.”

“It’s been an awesome journey finishing on a high. I love you. You’ve come so far. I’m so proud of you,” added a choked-up Louis, before the two embarked on a final, bootylicious dance. And with that, it’s your turn. Were you ready to see Kendra’s exit? Did Louis seem more choked up than his celebrity partner? Should Romeo have totally avoided jeopardy this week? How well did Wayne Brady channel the Godfather of Soul? Sound off in the comments, and let us know in our poll if the right couple went home! –-Mitch Rustad

1. GG says:

If I didn’t know better, I would have thought it was Maks dancing during James Blunt’s performance. Val moves just like his brother! Maybe he will sign up to be one of our pros next season…although I don’t know if my heart can take 2 Chmerkovskiys! Can you imagine a ballroom with 2 “sex on a stick”s?

• Sam2 says:

Yes, I can…and it’s a delightful vision. Bring on the palpitations.

• KristenV says:

Newbie here: Why are the stars and pros wearing the same clothes on the result show that they wore for their performances?

• Thea says:

Actually he has MORE moves! He’s a Scary World version of Maks! Maks times three! I didn’t know a man’s body could throw itself around a dance floor like that, before you can blink. Wow.

• Amber says:

My thoughts exactly! I came in late to that particular dance performance and missed who was doing the dancing. I kept waiting to see a close-up of his face to make sure if it was Maks or not. For a minute there I really was convinced it was Maks.

2. Nicie says:

Thanks jeebus Kirstie is coming back, i must have more Kirstie, but what the hail was Chelsea doing in the last round? insane!

3. V says:

Thank god she’s gone, it should have happened weeks ago.

4. Nathalie says:

I thought Kendra held up welk throughout the compitition, but did not improve enough to advance to the finals. What was Chelsea doing in the bottom 2? She’s so good!

5. Lana Lane says:

I JUST LOVED WAYNE BRADY DOING THERIBUTE TO JAMES BROWN! YES HE HAS GOT IT! THEY SHOULD GIVE HIM HIS OWN VARIETY SHOW FOR THIS SUMMER AS A REPLACEMENET SHOW EVEN THOUGH I KNOW HE IS ALREADY AS BUSY AS HECK. USED TO BE A FAN OF THE WAYNE RADY SHOW WHENEVER I WAS OFF FROM WORK SINCE I NEVER TAPED PROGRAMS. AND I AM SAD TO SAY THAT I NEVER SENT THAT LETTER TO MR. BARDY TELLING HIM WHAT A GREAT HOST I THOUGHT HE WAS . WHEN I WAS A CHILD I USED TO WATCH THE MERV GRIFFIN VARIETY SHOW AND I REALLY WANTED TO BE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY ( THOUGH I HAVE NO TALENT) JUST TO BE ABLE TO GO ON HIS SHOW BECAUSE MR. GRIFFIN WAS SUCH A LOVELY GRACIOUS HOST EVEN IF HE WAS SINGING SONGS A KID WOULD NOT LISTEN TO …HE SANG THEM WITH SUCH PERSONALITY AND HE WAS SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH. AND WHEN I WATCHED THE WAYNE BRADY SHOW THERE I WAS AGAIN AT 50 SOMETHING WISHING I WAS IN THE ENTERTAINMEMT INDSUTRY SO I COULD BE ON HIS SHOW AND HAVE A FUN DAY WITH HIM. HE IS SO SWEET AND GRACIOUS JUST THE WAY MERV GRIFFIN WAS. LOVE YA WAYNE!

6. Erinn says:

I like Chelsea and think she is a great dancer. However, Mark (whom I used to love) is becoming really annoying. Stop whining. ‘I don’t know how to make Len happy.’ Yes you do! Do a traditional dance and stop pouting.

I’ve stopped voting for them and it has everything to do with Mark.

7. Reality says:

This is like the Seinfeld episode where everything is backwards…Bizarro world…Chelsea should win this whole thing and is made to look at least, as if she is almost eliminated, and Kirsty, who is horrible and cannot dance, gets all of this love. People, this is a Dance Competition!!! And Kirsty cannot Dance! I don’t who that drunken Irishman was who gave her a 9 when she laughed her way through the whole dance?? Lay off the Jameson and teeth whitener.

8. Stevi says:

All I know is Ralph all the way. Ralph, Chelsea and Romeo are tops, as they consistently get better and learn from their mistakes. Now, all of the celebrities aren’t professional dancers, but the three (Ralph, Chelsea and Romero), are given difficult dances and try really hard. My votes go to Ralph!

9. Amber says:

I was kind of happy to see Kendra leave, and I sort of hope it’s Romeo that has to go next week. From there, I’m not sure who to vote for.

• Callie says:

Yes, Romeo needs to go next. I would not have been sad to see him go this week, but it was Kendra’s turn. Bye Romeo!

10. Gitte says:

Kendra should have gone home weeks ago, and I was glad to see her go. But she wasn’t the worst last week – Romeo was.
    I really hope Ralph stays this week. He did amazing despite the injurie.
    I loved the James Brown tribute – especially since it was done by one of the greatest impressionists ever: Wayne Brady. He is amazing at pretty much everything he does; impressions, improv, singing, dancing, tv-presenting ect.
    What about making him a contestant on DWTS next season? It might be a little unfair to the other contestants though, seeing as he’s already a great dancer. I don’t think he knows how to dance “properly” though. And with that I mean he doesn’t know how to do for instance a foxtrot or paso double.
    Don’t think it will happen, but one can always hope. :)