The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

Coming to your screen this week: One hairy NCIS flashback, multiple ABC weddings, and a half-dozen season finales. As but a supplement to the awesome features and original reporting TVLine has coming your way, here are 31 shows to keep on your radar.

MONDAY, MAY 2
8/7c Chuck (NBC) | The big question this week: Who’s got the Agent X Factor? Some fans have speculated Bryce, but dude’s way busy wooing Peyton over on that other show.
8 pm House (Fox) | Cuddy’s ma (Candice Bergen) returns, rarin’ to sue for malpractice, while Donal Logue (Terriers) plays the POTW.
9 pm The Chicago Code (Fox) | Teresa and Jarek’s plan to sink Gibbons suffers a major setback.
10 pm Castle (ABC) | A case leads Beckett and Castle to Hollywood — and thus the set of Heat Wave, where they run into a pair of “familiar” detectives.
10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | If you ever wanted Jessie’s girl (or longed to play doctor with Noah Drake), be sure to tune in and catch Rick Springfield as a celeb photographer.

Major Castle Spoiler Alert: Season-Ending Crisis for Castle and Beckett

TUESDAY, MAY 3
8/7c NCIS (CBS) | A tragic blast from the past prompts Tony to reflect on his beginnings as an agent. Michael Weatherly grew his hair out for the flashbacks, so make it worth his while!
8 pm Glee (Fox) | May sweeps brings us April Rhodes (Kristin Chenoweth), who is back in Lima with a proposition for Will.
9 pm The Voice (NBC) | Some 20 million people checked out last week’s series premiere. What will Xtina, Cee Le et al do for an encore?
10 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Peter… just hide, man.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 4
8/7c The Middle (ABC) | The fam proves a little too good at granting Frankie’s Mother’s Day wish — to be childless.
9 pm Modern Family (ABC) | Mother’s Day means mayhem for Claire and Gloria (who are out with the kids) and Phil and Jay (who are at home prepping dinner).
9:30 pm Breaking In (Fox) | The show that is fast rivaling Chuck and Community for geek cred heads to the mothership: Comic-Con.
10 pm Justified (FX) | Season 2 finale — yes, dammit, already.
10 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | Full House was never like this: John Stamos guest-stars as a man who A) has a checkered past, B) is engaged, and C) is dating his baby’s nanny.

Community‘s Return to Paintball Warfare: Get the Details!

THURSDAY, MAY 5
8/7c Community (NBC) | Check it out, Freckles: Josh Holloway (Lost) returns to TV as a man with no name in Part 1 of the awesomely titled season finale, “A Fistful of Paintballs.”
8 pm The Vampire Diaries (The CW) | Will Elena vamp it up? Will Damon croak? And when will Katherine start acting deliciously naughty again?
9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | Thursday wedding No. 1: Callie and Arizona.
9 pm Bones (Fox) | Speaking of Mother’s Day: Angela is keeping secrets from Hodgins about the bun in her oven.
9 pm Nikita (The CW) | Our girl kidnaps a CIA codebreaker played by Mad Men‘s Rich Sommer.
9:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | At long last, we venture one town over to experience the oft-mentioned Eagleton – where (SPOILER ALERT!) the air smells of vanilla and the jail serves scones.
10 pm 30 Rock (NBC) | Season finale: Liz’s summer respite is ruined by new Hamptons neighbor Tracy.
10 pm Private Practice (ABC) | Thursday wedding No. 2: Charlotte and Cooper. (I knew the price of my tux would amortize soon enough.)

Fringe Spoiler: Who Does Peter See in the F*t**e?

FRIDAY, MAY 6
8/7c Flashpoint (CBS) | With CHAOS clipped, Sheriff Mars & Co. are here with a new season.
8 pm Smallville (The CW) | Lois meets Clark’s dad, Jor-El. (And Greg Focker thought he had it rough.)
9 pm Fringe (Fox) | Season finale: Seriously, what the frak is going on?!
9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | When Castiel tells the brothers about the war in Heaven, Bobby suspects the devil is in the details the angel is conveniently leaving out.

13 Hot Shots from Smallville‘s Series Finale

SATURDAY, MAY 7
9/8c Lady Gaga Presents The Monster Ball Tour (HBO) | Mother Monster’s concert special taped in February at the Garden; well-placed sources tell me Ausiello was in attendance. Here’s a sneak peek:

Loading video...

SUNDAY, MAY 8
8/7c The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business (CBS) | Two-hour finale — aka business finished?
10 pm The Killing (AMC) | The police discover more about Rosie’s activities the night of her murder.
10 pm Brothers & Sisters (ABC) | Season (series?) finale: A surprise visitor shows up at Sarah and Luc’s wedding. Is his name Nielsen and he’s carrying a scythe?
10 pm CSI: Miami (CBS) | The lives of two CSIs will be in jeopardy as Season 9 draws to a close.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the comments to politely share tune-in recommendations of your own!

1. peter says:

Thanks for the list. I cant wait to see concluding part of the Peter Fonda in CSI NY. last weeks was really good but second part looks like it is going to be one hell of an episode.

2. Hanna says:

I cannot wait for Castle tonight!!!

3. T says:

Really, no Doctor Who??? Sad.

• mdaily says:

I’m wondering if the list is limited to network TV because also missing are In Plain Sight (USA), Game of Thrones (HBO), Nurse Jackie (Showtime) and other cable favorites… except he did include AMC.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

DOCTOR WHO has made the TVLine-Up the past two weeks, GAME OF THRONE the past two weeks, and NURSE JACKIE just last week.

4. Ingmar says:

As usual :

Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, Gossip Girl, 90210, Brothers & Sisters, Bones, The Good Wife and Criminal Minds.

5. Federico says:

Sunday’s episode cannot be the Series Finale of Brothers & Sisters!!!

6. NickC says:

How great has Justified been this season!!!I thought last season was great but this one has been even better…can’t wait and hate to see it end.

7. Renee says:

I’m really looking forward to this and the next episodes of NCIS, but I’m REALLY nervous about those deaths.

8. Alicia says:

Can’t wait to see if NCIS can pull off a convincing flashback. Hair is just one aspect; Tony’s not as…svelte, as he used to be.

And so psyched for TGW–it’s gonna be crazy!

9. John Berggren says:

The Fringe finale is going to be off the wall. I don’t know what I’m going to do without my Fringe fix for the next 5 months.

10. gelli says:

I will be watching, Castle, NCIS, Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, Bones, Nikita, Breaking In, The Good Wife, The Killing, and Glee. I just cant wait for The Good Wife, nice words, i agree, Peter should just HIDE.. :))

11. BT says:

Vampire Diaries is the one that I am on pins and needles for this week

12. nitemar says:

Can’t wait for my 2 favorite shows tonight! House with Candice F*NG Bergen! and Castle-will they?

13. Ashley says:

Supernatural…nuff said :)

14. XK says:

Between Castle, Breaking In, and Community, my comedy itch should be well scratched this week.

Beyond that, looking forward to Justified (no question), NCIS (sort of), and Fringe (even if the latter half of this season has felt like a melodramatic mess of bad sci fi memes).

15. Angie says:

Can’t wait for Glee to find out what’s going on with Sam. Also looking forward to Supernatural and Vampire Diaries.

16. Sofia says:

FRINGE Season Finale. CANNOT wait.

17. jrs says:

Justified! Justified! Justified! Cannot wait to see how this ends…I just hope it doesn’t mean the end of Mags Bennett. I LOVE watching this character (not for the same reason I love watching Timothy Olyphant…hubba hubba).

18. Jayne says:

Chuck! But my other favorite is not listed–Peter Fonda returns for the second half of his stint on CSI: NY Friday @ 9. He did such an amazing job introducing his character in last week’s stint!!

• Max says:

same here, I can not wait to see fridays CSI NY. I am getting a great vibe from the promo pics I saw, kind of like “Snow Day”

• Juliab says:

CSI/NY looks to be intense and it does have a “Snow Day” vibe to it. Peter Fonda will be back for the second part of his arc and he was great in setting up his charater.

My other must see is Justified.

• Ethan says:

Having just seen the clip here on TV line for Megan Master article for this eipsode, all I can say is WHOA what a clip.

It sure is going to be one hell of an eipsode.

• Lian says:

I am with you guys. That sure is one heck of a clip. CSI NY looks great I can not wait to see it.

19. Ryan says:

-5 points for not ending that SVU blurb with “Have mercy!”

20. sladewilson says:

Peter – just hide, man. Add Kalinda to that mix because I have a feeling Alicia’s gonna go biblical on the both of them. And please, y’all gotta add some In Plain Sight, Breakout Kings, Treme… please?

I can’t wait for Fringe. No. Really. Can’t wait. Best show on TV and the season finale looks absolutely sick!!!!

21. Pam says:

Happy Castle Monday!!!

22. jean10brook says:

I’ll be watching House, Chicago Code, NCIS, Glee, The Voice, The Good Wife, Bones and my most favortie, CSI Miami. Can’t wait to see the finale of CSI Miami – It’s gonna be great!

23. Kayla says:

Can’t wait 4 Chuck Tonite!! Yay!! And omg all these season finales are gonna drive me nuts!! I cannot wait 4 them at least this week’s fringe is the finale now i just have to wait 4 1 more week aftr this week 4 chuck and vampire diaries finales!! Oh and they better not kill off damon cuz i swear to god i will not watch it if they kill him off in the finale he’s the best character and i absolutely love ian somerhalder, he’s right up there with my love 4 zach levi <3

24. Eline says:

Yay! Flashpoint Fridays are BACK!

25. Amy says:

Wow, I love the frenzy of May Sweeps! I literally can’t figure out which show I’m most excited about. Castle, Good Wife and Community come to mind first. I CANNOT wait to see Josh Holloway.

26. Nancy says:

There is NO way Bryce is Agent X. Matt Bomer was good, but juggling the guest role with White Collar seems a stretch. One of Chuck’s parents, perhaps? Whatever is in Ellie’s brain was after Chuck.

27. Maria says:

Thanks, will keep my eye out for some of these. But the one that can not miss is CSI NY on Friday, damn but that looks good.

28. Nichole says:

9pm Gossip Girl (The CW)

29. Amber says:

Justified! I am so scared to death of Mags Bennett right now. How sad that the season is ending. The first week of May just seems way too early for season finales. Whatever happened to May sweeps lasting throughout the month of May, not just the first week of May???

Fair thee well, Timothy Olyphant and your sexy cowboy hat. I’ll be missing you over the next 9 months until season 3 starts. Only reruns of Deadwood on DVD will be able to comfort me until your return.

30. sherimoonzombie says:

Breaking In! Great series start so far. Almost as many laughs as Raising Hope.

31. Ange says:

Castle and NCIS are the two Absolutely Must See! for mem along with these last episodes of Smallville.

Yay for Flashpoint being back.

I’m also looking forward to Chuck, Glee and The Good Wife.

32. Kay says:

[H]OUSE, CSI:N.Y., JUSTIFIED, JOSH HOLLOWAY in anything!
    I’d also like to see The Trickster back on SUPERNATURAL.
    I really miss Richard Speight Jr. a lot!

33. melita says:

omg bones,castle,community are a must watch
    i was waiting for paintball for months!!