It's Official: Fox Renews Bones For Season 7

Get More: News, Renewals, Scoop

Make no Bones about it: Booth and Brennan will be back on the case next fall!

Fox has renewed the hit procedural for a seventh season after coming to terms on a new license fee agreement with producer 20th Century Fox TV.

Bones is creatively fresh, it’s a rock-solid player every time it airs and this season it has helped us win on Thursday nights for the first time in our history,” said Fox president Kevin Reilly. “Hart Hanson and the fantastic cast and crew, as well as the millions of loyal Bones fans, make this show really special, and I’m excited to have it on our air for another stellar season.”

The news comes at what could be a critical turning point in the show’s history. After six years of will-they-or-won’t-they anticipation, Booth and Brennan may be heading into next season as a full-fledged couple. Producers are also busy assessing what creative impact, if any, Emily Deschanel’s real-life pregnancy will have on the show.

TVLine’s handy Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect today’s good news!

Tags: ,

Comments (44)

• WOOT! Great news – they should have picked it up for 2 more seasons.

Come on renew Human Target – even thought you wont – its good.

Comment by Dave – May 2, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree on Human Target. Hopefully, Matt Miller’s Season 3 pitch to the network last Thursday went well and won them over.

Comment by Tucker – May 2, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EWWWW stupid show for stupid people

Comment by GOD – May 2, 2011 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stupid comment from a stupid person. Lord knows I don’t like Bones but what’s the point of just insulting the millions that do? Unless your bitter your show has yet to be picked up. I am too. :D

Comment by Michael – May 2, 2011 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you’re* bitter. Darn no editing comments.

Comment by Michael – May 2, 2011 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, clearly we are the stupid ones.

Comment by Not God – May 2, 2011 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What’s your problem?! For god you’re not very forgiving or nice or apparently bright! Perhaps you should change your name to more reflect who you really are-Nasty!

Comment by suzyku – May 3, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ am very happy about the good news’s. I think that this will our chance to se what wee have been waiting fore.

Comment by Caro1212 – May 3, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ahahahahahaaaa

Comment by Walawalawalawala – May 5, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No its not a stupid show, your the one who is stupid for coming up with the name GOD because you are not. The show is interesting, creative and opens one’s eye to different situations.

Comment by Micha – August 24, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And we’re the stupid ones…?
      god save us all

Comment by Lewi the fly – October 15, 2011 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you think your God? Or maybe you have the impression you speak for him/her. There are some very good facilities for mental health issues you should try them out. God gave us his word it’s in the book, The Bible.Maybe you’ve received the help already I pray that you have.

Comment by Kathy Whited/Rowland – March 22, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, you’re a hater!
    Good news for bones!!!! They need to get together already!

Comment by a-faye – May 2, 2011 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, very good news for Bones and for us! And YES, GET THEM TOGETHER NOW BEFORE WE’RE ALL TOO OLD TO CARE! STOP PLAYING GAMES HH.

Comment by suzyku – May 3, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait I’m confused. Why did FOX have to negotiate a deal with 20th Century Fox television? Aren’t they the same company?

Comment by Scott – May 2, 2011 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. Networks don’t produce TV shows; production companies do. Like CBS and Paramount, NBC and NBCU, etc.

Comment by Michael – May 2, 2011 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God Stupid!

Comment by PrincessBones! – May 2, 2011 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But what about House? I’m really worried having not heard anything about the negotiations yet still…

Comment by Anita – May 2, 2011 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is NOT official YET! Until someone from FOX says it (not an actor or a writer or a producer), I won’t believe it. But if that’s to happen, a season 7 of Bones, WOOHOO! I just hope to see Booth and Brennan together before the end of season 7, I mean season 6. It’s been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long!

Comment by CM – May 2, 2011 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, it was announced by the PRESIDENT of FOX. How is that not official?

Comment by Dawn – May 8, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um, I don’t know! Maybe because when I posted my comment, THE RENEWAL WASN’T OFFICIAL YET! It was only officialized in the day after! “Comment by CM – May 2, 2011 10:46 PM PDT” SEE?

Comment by CM – May 9, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So great to hear!!! Been waiting for this news!

Comment by Ingmar – May 2, 2011 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they have gotten to point where their will they won’t they is getting old its time to PUT THEM TOGETHER

Comment by justbeingrealme – May 3, 2011 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes!!! finally bones is renewed!!!!!!!!!! yeay!!:D ;)

Comment by emy26 – May 3, 2011 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I will feel better when this is announced by the network. Not that I don’t trust David Boreanaz, I just know that crazy things can happen at the wire. So, I shall breathe, but uneasily…

Comment by BethBooth – May 3, 2011 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Days! Now they just need to figure out about this whole pregnancy thing. I say, start writing now, and get a few episodes shot before Emily gets any bigger, filling in the holes in their couple story line, so she can be pregnant on the show too. Yay!

Comment by Liz – May 3, 2011 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAAAY!!! Finally!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comment by Hanna – May 3, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news for Bones fans!..am a House fan myself though and still awaiting word of renewal,hopefully by next week..???.

Comment by tahina – May 3, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They will probably have a final shortened season 7 when he gets B & B together. HH has said many times that he cannot write them together for very long. IMO he has run out of ideas for the show and this season really was bad. Poor storytelling, as well as missing chemistry has really damaged the season. Even though I would have rather seen them with other people, I cannot believe how he portrayed the main characters this season. I really did not like Booth and Brennan just became more “clueless” and often difficult to watch.

I am happy for the renewal so they can end things. Hopefully, they can restore the characters I once enjoyed watching and give the show back some balance between cases and cast. This season has either been angsty episodes, or episodes that focused too much on comedy.
    Bring back the show as it was Seasons 1-4.

Comment by Elle – May 3, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But the show is “creatively fresh”! How can they be out of ideas?

Seriously, they’ve dug such a huge hole in Season 6 to the point where I’d rather watch reruns of the earlier seasons than go anywhere near the current one and anything with Hannah in it? That’s what fast-forward is for, right?? The characters are so far from who they were that not even “evolution” can explain it.

Comment by Ays – May 3, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said. And I totally agree. I feel absolutely no chemistry and therefore no tension between bones and booth. I also feel little compulsion to watch new epis from the TiVo though I may over the summer. At this point i would kind of rather NOT see them together if the writers could restore their original characters, including cam.

Comment by Christy – May 3, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does it have to be a competition between Bones and Human Target? I actually enjoy both shows. I say scrap plans for the stupid Spielberg Dinosaur show and renew Human Target so I can enjoy Target AND Bones next fall :)

Comment by Joe – May 3, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg i love your show u guys r awsome

Comment by angelina anzu – May 3, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they become a full-fledged couple they can be like Hart-to-Hart
    (Get it…Hart Hanson?)

Comment by Nancy Foroughi – May 3, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOOT WOOT yes! Thank God! I love Bones!

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – May 3, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • happy! happy! happy! happy!
    House now is like a crap (Shore destroy a great show 4 years ago)
    so I’m totally Bones addict nowwwwww!!!

bones forever!

Comment by Justine – May 3, 2011 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although the novelty of Bones has long since worn off for me I am glad to see it picked up. Brennan is even more robotic and annoying now than she was in season 1 and I am long past caring about a B/B pairing they drug it out so long.

Comment by kat – May 4, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am in LOVE with this show! It can’t get any better after finding out exactly how Emily’s real life pregnancy affected the show, and for those of you who dont know not only is she pregnant but so is Bones! I cant wait for the next season. I cant wait to see what they do with this fresh new couple who will soon be parents! I know Hart Hanson will keep us on our toes! :)

Comment by Emily – May 22, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love bones and whilst i would have prefered them to have secured a decent relationship earlier than they have i must admit that the writers would do well to have a season with them together…. if they folllow the path of house or stargate sg-1 and so many other half decent programs and drag out a romance too far they will destroy the principle. they have a reason to be togather now and they could spur a new following in the viewer group…. alternatively they could really drag it out and i have missed an episode yet but even i will be turning my tv off for another series of angst, poor second rate character romance and a tenuous link between main characters story lines

Comment by elliot – May 26, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am afraid the bell is tolling for this series, and it makes me very sad. I do hope HH gets them together, IN A LASTING MANNER. Please–no get together, break up, become friends cr@p. I want them to become a lasting, loving, eternal couple in my mind. If that happens, and the series goes bye-bye, at least I will remember them this way. Is that too much to ask after 7 years of devoted viewership?? And yes, I do have a life. Just love this show!!!

Comment by tropicalbeachgirl – June 16, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WooHoo!! BONES!! :D
    Can’t wait for next season!!
    booth and bones and a BABY! :]

Comment by lia – June 24, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! I LOVE BONES!!! When will the 6th season be on Netflix? I missed a bunch of episodes from that season. :) ^^

I cant wait!!! :) :) (: *_*

Comment by Caroline – June 28, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All the episodes are on TNT you just hve to wait for them to cycle through.

Comment by R Wayne – August 26, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time Bones and Booth got together. It reminded me of Niles and Daphne on Frazier. Once they got together it opened a whole new direction and vitalization to the show. At least now we can see them together instead of running around with every sleaze bag on that comes on the show. The worst were Hanna for Booth and Sully for Bones. I just hope they don’t soften Bones anymore than they have. Her hard uncompromising scientific views is what made her interesting and Booth to be a good partner for her. they compliment each other.

Comment by R Wayne – August 26, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post