It's Official: Fox Renews Bones For Season 7

Make no Bones about it: Booth and Brennan will be back on the case next fall!

Fox has renewed the hit procedural for a seventh season after coming to terms on a new license fee agreement with producer 20th Century Fox TV.

Bones is creatively fresh, it’s a rock-solid player every time it airs and this season it has helped us win on Thursday nights for the first time in our history,” said Fox president Kevin Reilly. “Hart Hanson and the fantastic cast and crew, as well as the millions of loyal Bones fans, make this show really special, and I’m excited to have it on our air for another stellar season.”

The news comes at what could be a critical turning point in the show’s history. After six years of will-they-or-won’t-they anticipation, Booth and Brennan may be heading into next season as a full-fledged couple. Producers are also busy assessing what creative impact, if any, Emily Deschanel’s real-life pregnancy will have on the show.

TVLine’s handy Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect today’s good news!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals, Scoop

1. Dave says:

WOOT! Great news – they should have picked it up for 2 more seasons.

Come on renew Human Target – even thought you wont – its good.

• Tucker says:

Agree on Human Target. Hopefully, Matt Miller’s Season 3 pitch to the network last Thursday went well and won them over.

2. GOD says:

EWWWW stupid show for stupid people

• Michael says:

Stupid comment from a stupid person. Lord knows I don’t like Bones but what’s the point of just insulting the millions that do? Unless your bitter your show has yet to be picked up. I am too. :D

• Not God says:

Yes, clearly we are the stupid ones.

• suzyku says:

What’s your problem?! For god you’re not very forgiving or nice or apparently bright! Perhaps you should change your name to more reflect who you really are-Nasty!

• Micha says:

No its not a stupid show, your the one who is stupid for coming up with the name GOD because you are not. The show is interesting, creative and opens one’s eye to different situations.

• Lewi the fly says:

And we’re the stupid ones…?
      god save us all

• Kathy Whited/Rowland says:

So you think your God? Or maybe you have the impression you speak for him/her. There are some very good facilities for mental health issues you should try them out. God gave us his word it’s in the book, The Bible.Maybe you’ve received the help already I pray that you have.

3. a-faye says:

God, you’re a hater!
    Good news for bones!!!! They need to get together already!

• suzyku says:

Yes, very good news for Bones and for us! And YES, GET THEM TOGETHER NOW BEFORE WE’RE ALL TOO OLD TO CARE! STOP PLAYING GAMES HH.

4. Scott says:

Wait I’m confused. Why did FOX have to negotiate a deal with 20th Century Fox television? Aren’t they the same company?

• Michael says:

No. Networks don’t produce TV shows; production companies do. Like CBS and Paramount, NBC and NBCU, etc.

5. PrincessBones! says:

God Stupid!

6. Anita says:

But what about House? I’m really worried having not heard anything about the negotiations yet still…

7. CM says:

This is NOT official YET! Until someone from FOX says it (not an actor or a writer or a producer), I won’t believe it. But if that’s to happen, a season 7 of Bones, WOOHOO! I just hope to see Booth and Brennan together before the end of season 7, I mean season 6. It’s been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long!

• Dawn says:

Um, it was announced by the PRESIDENT of FOX. How is that not official?

• CM says:

Um, I don’t know! Maybe because when I posted my comment, THE RENEWAL WASN’T OFFICIAL YET! It was only officialized in the day after! “Comment by CM – May 2, 2011 10:46 PM PDT” SEE?

8. Ingmar says:

So great to hear!!! Been waiting for this news!

9. justbeingrealme says:

they have gotten to point where their will they won’t they is getting old its time to PUT THEM TOGETHER

10. emy26 says:

yes!!! finally bones is renewed!!!!!!!!!! yeay!!:D ;)

11. BethBooth says:

I think I will feel better when this is announced by the network. Not that I don’t trust David Boreanaz, I just know that crazy things can happen at the wire. So, I shall breathe, but uneasily…

12. Liz says:

Happy Days! Now they just need to figure out about this whole pregnancy thing. I say, start writing now, and get a few episodes shot before Emily gets any bigger, filling in the holes in their couple story line, so she can be pregnant on the show too. Yay!

13. Hanna says:

YAAAY!!! Finally!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

14. tahina says:

Great news for Bones fans!..am a House fan myself though and still awaiting word of renewal,hopefully by next week..???.

15. Elle says:

They will probably have a final shortened season 7 when he gets B & B together. HH has said many times that he cannot write them together for very long. IMO he has run out of ideas for the show and this season really was bad. Poor storytelling, as well as missing chemistry has really damaged the season. Even though I would have rather seen them with other people, I cannot believe how he portrayed the main characters this season. I really did not like Booth and Brennan just became more “clueless” and often difficult to watch.

I am happy for the renewal so they can end things. Hopefully, they can restore the characters I once enjoyed watching and give the show back some balance between cases and cast. This season has either been angsty episodes, or episodes that focused too much on comedy.
    Bring back the show as it was Seasons 1-4.

• Ays says:

But the show is “creatively fresh”! How can they be out of ideas?

Seriously, they’ve dug such a huge hole in Season 6 to the point where I’d rather watch reruns of the earlier seasons than go anywhere near the current one and anything with Hannah in it? That’s what fast-forward is for, right?? The characters are so far from who they were that not even “evolution” can explain it.

• Christy says:

Well said. And I totally agree. I feel absolutely no chemistry and therefore no tension between bones and booth. I also feel little compulsion to watch new epis from the TiVo though I may over the summer. At this point i would kind of rather NOT see them together if the writers could restore their original characters, including cam.

16. Joe says:

Why does it have to be a competition between Bones and Human Target? I actually enjoy both shows. I say scrap plans for the stupid Spielberg Dinosaur show and renew Human Target so I can enjoy Target AND Bones next fall :)

17. angelina anzu says:

omg i love your show u guys r awsome

18. Nancy Foroughi says:

If they become a full-fledged couple they can be like Hart-to-Hart
    (Get it…Hart Hanson?)

19. AngelMoonGirl says:

WOOT WOOT yes! Thank God! I love Bones!

20. Justine says:

happy! happy! happy! happy!
    House now is like a crap (Shore destroy a great show 4 years ago)
    so I’m totally Bones addict nowwwwww!!!

bones forever!

21. kat says:

Although the novelty of Bones has long since worn off for me I am glad to see it picked up. Brennan is even more robotic and annoying now than she was in season 1 and I am long past caring about a B/B pairing they drug it out so long.

22. Emily says:

I am in LOVE with this show! It can’t get any better after finding out exactly how Emily’s real life pregnancy affected the show, and for those of you who dont know not only is she pregnant but so is Bones! I cant wait for the next season. I cant wait to see what they do with this fresh new couple who will soon be parents! I know Hart Hanson will keep us on our toes! :)

23. elliot says:

i love bones and whilst i would have prefered them to have secured a decent relationship earlier than they have i must admit that the writers would do well to have a season with them together…. if they folllow the path of house or stargate sg-1 and so many other half decent programs and drag out a romance too far they will destroy the principle. they have a reason to be togather now and they could spur a new following in the viewer group…. alternatively they could really drag it out and i have missed an episode yet but even i will be turning my tv off for another series of angst, poor second rate character romance and a tenuous link between main characters story lines

24. tropicalbeachgirl says:

I am afraid the bell is tolling for this series, and it makes me very sad. I do hope HH gets them together, IN A LASTING MANNER. Please–no get together, break up, become friends cr@p. I want them to become a lasting, loving, eternal couple in my mind. If that happens, and the series goes bye-bye, at least I will remember them this way. Is that too much to ask after 7 years of devoted viewership?? And yes, I do have a life. Just love this show!!!

25. lia says:

WooHoo!! BONES!! :D
    Can’t wait for next season!!
    booth and bones and a BABY! :]

26. Caroline says:

YAY!!! I LOVE BONES!!! When will the 6th season be on Netflix? I missed a bunch of episodes from that season. :) ^^

I cant wait!!! :) :) (: *_*

27. R Wayne says:

It’s about time Bones and Booth got together. It reminded me of Niles and Daphne on Frazier. Once they got together it opened a whole new direction and vitalization to the show. At least now we can see them together instead of running around with every sleaze bag on that comes on the show. The worst were Hanna for Booth and Sully for Bones. I just hope they don’t soften Bones anymore than they have. Her hard uncompromising scientific views is what made her interesting and Booth to be a good partner for her. they compliment each other.