Fringe Season Finale Trailer: O.M.G.W.T.F.?!

Fox’s promo wizards saved the best for last.

The network just released the out-of-this-world trailer for Friday’s End of Days-themed third-season finale of Fringe and, well, the above title pretty much says it all.

Scoop: John Noble Teases Future Walter

Soak in all 120 seconds and then hit the comments with your reactions and theories! Oh, and one more thing: MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!

Spoiler: Finale Casting Mystery Solved!

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Scoop, Spoilers, Video

1. Simona says:

Holy. moly.

I can’t actually compute all of this.

2. This just got real. //1000MANAGAR//

3. carolina says:

I just cry…thanks fox por renewal… (sorry for my english,brazilian girl)

• Jake Mongoose says:

Carolina, your English is just fine… and thanks to Fox for showing faith in this show. The best is yet to come.

4. Michelle says:

Looks incredible. But my brain hurts now. ;)

5. Lukas says:

Whoohoo!! This looks good.

6. Cesar Ferraz says:

Spetacular! No words to describe such a TV Fiction serie.
    Thanks for renew it FOX!

7. Shannika says:

Holy Crap. Can’t wait!

8. xav says:

Astrid with straight hair! Other than that, I can’t even compute.

9. OMG says:

HOLY JESUS!!!!
    D season finale is going to be EPIC!!!!!!!!

10. kate robinson says:

well damn!

11. Cheryl says:

How are they going to fit all that into just one hour?!

• Jess says:

I feel that way about this show every time I see an extended promo. I don’t think I’ve ever complained of too little happening in an episode of Fringe. They’re always jam packed with goodness.

12. AG says:

Such a great show… Wish more people knew about it.

13. Michael B. Perkins says:

J.J. Abrams has perfected the time jump plot device (which also happened in the 3rd season finale of Lost…coincidence?)! Where, oh where, is John Noble’s Emmy??? Also can’t wait for some Brad Dourif…LOTR reunion!

14. Mindy says:

Holy crap! That was incredible!! I think I need to watch it again. Wow!!

15. ScrubsGuy says:

Mind….blown.

Yeah, I don’t think they can show this stuff on any other night but Fridays now – we’re through the looking glass people!

And that trailer doesn’t even allude to the even more OMGWTF twist in the last 5 minutes. Probably.

16. Eric says:

And this is just a one hour season finale!? My brain hurts.

• D. Marie says:

Thank you! I keep wondering how in the world they’re going to put all this in one hour. It’s not enough time, even 15 years into the future.

17. Drewgo says:

WOW…. I think we’re going to need a bigger boat……

18. Torchwood68 says:

If you want your brain to hurt try watching Friday’s Fringe right after watching the Doctor Who two part season opener and then watching the Finale trailer. It’s worse than brain freeze!!

19. Roger says:

OMFG… When I think how this trailer made feel, I can just imagine how lost I will feel after watching this season finale and then wait until September for it to continue. But, at least – thank you FOX – there will be a September…

20. Ashley says:

Did anyone else hear something in the last couple of seconds? It sounded like something being played backwards. I’m at work so I have no way of reversing it to see what it says. Anyone?

• Lisa London says:

I’ve read elsewhere it’s Sam Weiss saying “you were right” but I cannot confirm first hand…

21. Michael says:

My guess is the major death is none other than Peter. My theory is strictly because only one universe can survive if the alternate dies so does Peter. If our world dies Olivia and all the other characters die. I could be totally wrong. Unless next season is going to be all about alternate universe and not ours, because everyone died in ours.

• Jason says:

I doubt that they would kill the only Peter. It would ruin the show.My money is on either Olivia or Fauxlivia, although Olivia would also arguably ruin the show even if Fauxlivia steps in to fill that gap on the show.

• allie says:

looked like Olivia was lying on the ground in one shot. I think she’ll die BUT I highly doubt the rest of the series is going to be set in the future – somehow Peter will need to get back to the machine a few minutes before the moment when he stepped into it in order to stop himself getting into the machine and starting all these events. My guess for the moment anyway, lol.

• Mindy says:

This sounds right to me. That it is Olivia dying, but it is 15 years into the future. And then, at some point, the show comes back to this time period, and we are working to try to prevent this future that Peter sees. Olivia did say she had a vision of a man who would kill her, after all.

• Willow says:

My thoughts exactly, they wouldn’t leave it in the future for one reason and it would set a plot for the forth season, to try to prevent the events of the future.

• Timm says:

It’s definitely this universe that survives…. September 11th didn’t happen on the other side, and it’s clearly memorialized when Peter woke up. Plus, Walternate explicitly says his universe was destroyed at the end of the trailer.

I have NO idea what to say. This looks downright fantastic.

• ScrubsGuy says:

Sept 11 did happen over there too – it’s just that it was the Pentagon and the White House was attacked. In the season 1 finale in Bell’s office, there’s a paper which says the Obamas are moving into the new White House.

• teniba says:

But the problem is that the place where there is the 9/11 thing has a huge building in front of it, doesn’t that looks like a new world trade center?

• Mindy says:

Most likely the Freedom Tower that is supposed to get built there.

• Lisa says:

That’s because Peter jumps time in OUR universe and he jumps it from Liberty Island so he’s in OUR New York seeing OUR 9/11 memorial in the future. Their NY was spared. What I want to know is if the alt-universe is destroyed, how is Walternate over here?? Or does he mean by destroyed, not literally destroyed, but in a state of turmoil?

• scuta says:

The clip is implying that somehow Walternate found a way to time travel to 2026 where he met Peter. At the same time Peter could have by now developed the capability to travel to ‘over there’ since he also saw Dr.Bishop!!! Fantastic ending to this season, though I would have hoped that we do not wait up to September to have this privelege to watch Season 4!

My theory is that the alternate Universe was destroyed, but somehow ours has deteriorated to such an extent that a civil war started in an alterate version that Peter can erase if he GOES BACK to our timeline… but who knows? We’ll have to get a glimpse of this next Friday…

22. Stef says:

This is too much! CANNOT wait!

23. Jason says:

That is an incredible trailer. I had to come back 30 minutes later and watch again. Too profound to only watch once.

24. MelindaB says:

My mind, she is blown. I can’t believe that I almost gave up on this show during the first season (came back just in time for that year’s finale, and was pulled right back in, jaw on the floor.) We’re going to be gone Friday night and won’t get back until later on Saturday, so I’ll have to go into “entertainment site” blackout until after we watch the episode. Then I’m going to have to find some way to get through the summer without wishing the months away. Thanks, FOX, for bringing Fringe back for another season.

25. abby says:

holy wow. this is totally the best show on TV right now. Part of why I’m loving Fringe so much is because it’s delivering where LOST didn’t. This show actually has it’s mythology figured out. They have a plan – they’re not just making it up as they go. It’s such a joy to watch. thank you fox for renewing!!!

26. Reno says:

OMG! Yes. I totally did just that. Too much time travel and death and WTF!

27. Lubasha says:

Я в шоке!! супер сериал!! я тащусь! good!!!

28. Lubasha says:

About my god! I in shock! What ending!

29. Rachel says:

If they kill Olivia I will give up this show. As hard as it will be, I will do it. And Astrid with straight hair looked just like Cam from Bones, although that may have been because we only saw her for a split-second…

30. Raven_Moon says:

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to watch this. I’m so happy “Fringe” is coming back next season.

31. thisiswhyilovefringe says:

hot damn!

32. Lore says:

ok, WTF with the white eye that Broyles and Walter have, and OMG

33. Slappy san says:

So serious Astrid = straight hair? Was that a wig or did they pull out the flat irons? I hope Astrid isn’t the death! Can I just fast forward to Friday….err Saturday? #Fringe #Hulu

34. Lorie says:

I watch alot of TV, but this is the season finale I’m most anxious to see. CAN’T WAIT!!

35. onno says:

Holy mother of Jesus this looks good can it be friday please the only bad thing is that you have to wait 5 months till it returns ahh well gladly i’ve got the doctor to keep me company for scifi greatness

36. R says:

I love what it says on the green screen as the trailer starts.

37. DotDotDot says:

Fringe awesomeness!! On the one hand, I CANNOT WAIT until Friday! On the other, I don’t want the season to be over. Fridays will be sad now :-(

38. brynna says:

Oh my word.

i really have nothing left to say.

Friday can’t come soon enough.

39. jsh says:

Maybe the two universes blend to become one? If Peter is talking to both Walters, after all..

40. Mindy says:

This trailer is so cool, FOX needs to be running this during House, Glee and American Idol. They might actually get some people to check the show out.

41. Sharon says:

Oh Lordy…..*watches it back*….erm, er…what the??? HELP!! I think my brain is fried from Fringe overload!! lol…Can’t wait! :)

42. Grey says:

Seems pretty obvious that either

A) Peter destroyed the other universe, but that Walternate knew something was up and was able to cross over before it was destroyed (bringing Fauxlivia and baby along with him)

or

B) The universes were blended together (hence the Fringe Division officiers from over there + the Freedom Tower) and there are two versions of everyone running around out there.

I personally hope its B