Fringe Spoiler: Look Who Peter Sees in the F*t**e

WARNING: If you have yet to watch Friday’s Fringe, stop reading now. Everyone else, onward and downward…

In the final moments of Friday’s intense, breakneck-paced episode, Peter climbed into the Doomsday Device and was transported 15 years into the future.

Well, I can now confirm that, in next week’s season finale, among the folks Peter encounters in the year 2026 is the wide-eyed FBI agent played by — yep, you guessed it — Boardwalk Empire‘s Emily Meade.

But that’s not the twist. This is the twist: Turns out said FBI agent is… Olivia’s now grown-up niece, Ella!

What other surprises await Peter in the future? Could this be a clue about where the show is headed in season 4? Speculate in the comments! But first, check out the promo for Friday’s finale…

Loading video...

Comments (53)

• I’m not going to speculate because the show ends up surprising me but I will post how much I’m lovin’ this series and am so pleased that it’s been renewed.

BTW, can someone please remind me of the significance of the half-dollar? Thanks!

Comment by SAM – May 1, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The coin was Peters good luck charm. When he was a boy his dad gave him the same coin (in both universes) when he was terribly ill. This universe’ Peter died, but the Peter we are following now was cured, so for him the coin fufilled its purpose!

Comment by Gavin – May 1, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How lame that I forgot. Thanks!

Comment by SAM – May 1, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • to be vague and avoid spoilers, i believe he collected them as a child before he was taken from his home…

Comment by cassidy – May 1, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But didn’t Walter take the coin from Peter and fail to hand it back?

Comment by Handsome Smitty – May 1, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION at the moment!!!
    @Sam the silver half dollar is Peter’s lucky coin… it’s the coin he used to play with as a kid.

Comment by Anjali – May 1, 2011 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST. SPOILER. EVER

Comment by Lea – May 1, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Old news! for about 2 weeks now :(

Comment by Jay – May 1, 2011 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • maybe not for some of us. I follow lots of Fringe blogs, first i have seen. then again I have a day job and all, lol.

Comment by Esta – May 1, 2011 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it was Ella immediately I saw the press release about 2 weeks ago

Comment by Dessy – May 1, 2011 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, that one wasn’t very subtle of FOX, to put that spoiler right in the press release for the finale…

Comment by Lambsilencer – May 1, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So i guess Walternate is the one to kick the bucket?

Comment by z – May 1, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i knew it was ella as well but thats only because a couple weeks ago i googled whether or not ella would be in season 3

Comment by chris – May 1, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The flash foward is very intriguing. I am thinking about the end of the show now and I realize that I am not sure which universe it was. I had assumed it was the alternate but now I am not so sure.

Comment by Pam – May 1, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Given that Peter saw the 9/11 memorial in NYC it has to be our universe because in the alternate universe the Twin Towers were not attacked.

Comment by Amy – May 1, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the 2 universes are one in the future because Peter couldn’t choose when he was in the device.

Comment by Ann – May 1, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m wondering about that too, as Ella was never born in the ‘over there’ universe

Comment by bob – May 1, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But the White House was. So 9/11 happened there too.

Comment by SarahJ – May 2, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My roommate and I keep watching this promo over and over. It is all kinds of crazy! Crazy in a good way, though. I love that I have no idea where this show is going.

Comment by Colleen – May 1, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be our universe since Fauxolivia’s sister died in childbirth, so she has no niece over there.

Comment by Corrinne – May 1, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Correction, Fauxolivia’s sister died before childbirth over there and over there still had the twin towers in 2001. So is has to be over here’s future.

Comment by Corrinne – May 1, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the drawing at the end was that a drawing of Peter, Olivia, and a child?

Comment by Mary – May 1, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes but the child looks like a girl not a boy.

Comment by Kristina – May 1, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has Walter ever explained to his other self why he took Peter from him? If he did not take Peter, he would have died! Surely, that may make a difference to the other Walter. Hmmmm.

Comment by Art Bundrick – May 1, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Logically, rationally, maybe it would make sense. But emotionally? Not a chance.

Comment by Dreamrose – May 1, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The problem is that I suspect that even if he did explain it to Walternate, he still wouldn’t forgive him for not giving Peter back

Comment by Fringe Fan – May 1, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who cares the reasons, kidnapping is STILL kidnapping.

Comment by TskTsk – May 1, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • didn’t they actually try to get him back, but just couldn’t?

Comment by teniba – May 2, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Solomon. Split him in half.

Comment by April – May 2, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re joking, but that’s kind of what they did…

“You were right, they don’t remember Peter.” – “How could they ? He never existed.”

Comment by jackace – May 7, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When in the final two minutes do you see Ella since I haven’t seen her even though I’ve watched it like 50 times. And I agree that the future is a combo of both worlds since Peter couldn’t decide

Comment by roni – May 1, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As far as I can see, Ella is not in the final two minutes, or in the promo.

Comment by Irishgirl – May 1, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t think the 2 worlds could combine. Also, i think Peter can use the machine to reset the balance, not destroy worlds. The child in the picture could be Henry, if Walternate can accelerate his gestation, then why not his aging? I think the future is shown to Peter to help him make a difficult decision, Like ghost of christmas future. lol. The Watchers’ tested Walter, they could be helping Peter.

Comment by tpie – May 1, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It has to be Peter and Olivia’s daughter because Henry would be at least 15 years old if we are looking 15 years into the future and the child depicted couldn’t be more than 10 years old.

Comment by gymmommy – May 2, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Astrid is the one dies. Not Walternate.

Comment by Erick – May 1, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes and i will miss Jassika Nicole…

Comment by teniba – May 2, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. This has been a great season; I’m so glad it’s coming back!

Comment by jen – May 1, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw a part of a script spoiler that is our Olivia who dies, which is a major bummer.

Comment by joyce – May 1, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I assume you’re kidding
      If not, thanks for the spoiler, jerk.

Comment by Tommy – May 1, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It does say spoiler in the article name, dude.

Comment by TJ – May 1, 2011 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • our Olivia can’t die. the show would be over.

Comment by Anumber – May 2, 2011 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But, see, if this is all a vision of the future, then our Olivia could die. I mean, in the future scenes. Actually, I no longer care who dies if the show is going to be depicting a possible future.

Comment by Mindy – May 2, 2011 01:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see the interactions of a confused Peter to everyone around him, Olivia to grown up Ella, and what the character Moreau (Brad Dourif) will bring. Wondering if we’ll see future Nina because I didn’t see her in the promo and I hope she isn’t left out of the last episode again like last season.

Also, I’m not that afraid of the character death since it’s in the future, but I’m hoping this isn’t the final cliffhanger. It should be something unexpected that hasn’t been released yet.

Comment by RKron – May 1, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW… i just love Fringe. Enough said.

Comment by Anna – May 1, 2011 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe that Peter with the help of the machine destroyed the alternate universe since in the promo Walternate clearly states that. Also, I believe Walternate somehow managed to enter this universe and is creating a havoc.

Comment by Monster – May 1, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or, Peter subconsciously spared Walternate’s life when he reset the universal balance because the man is still his real father.

Comment by RKron – May 1, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @RKron: It may be possible but we don’t know yet if you can spare someone’s life with the machine or if it restores balance. Also, Walternate has technology to cross universe and as we saw in the latest episode that when Peter entered the machine something happened on the other side (or the machine on the other side). Therefore, it stand to more plausible that Peter unknowingly chose the fate of the alternate universe.

Comment by Monster – May 2, 2011 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what about his own child?

Comment by teniba – May 2, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Does he even know he has a child? I didn’t think anyone “over here” knew that bit of information.

Comment by Jason McD – May 2, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read that this role is potentially recurring, so a future Ella possibly reccuring into season 4? That could mean either a) Fringe will stay in the future (i find this one unlikely) b) Fringe will return to the future, maybe like they kept switching between universes this series (may need a different coloured opening titles) c) Ella returns to the present with them

Comment by james r – May 2, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its both universes merged into one. Of course Peter didn’t know Fauxlivia had a baby, so that explains the tears. Any character that didn’t have a double would survive immediately. The others, it would be unsure.

Comment by Barb – May 2, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved everything about Friday’s episode except the “finding” of Olivia’s picture on the old scroll. Sometimes I feel they are recycling old ALIAS scripts when they play on the whole “mythology”. Loved ALIAS until the Romboldi story line took over everything.

Comment by TV Junkie – May 3, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • These scrolls are from the “present” (or close future), they were sent back in time by Walter, just like the Machine.

Comment by jackace – May 7, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post