Exclusive: And Connie Britton's American Horror Story Hubby Is… Dylan McDermott!

After an extensive search and lengthy negotiations, Dylan McDermott has been cast as the male lead in FX’s drama pilot American Horror Story, from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.

The Practice alum will play the husband of Connie Britton’s character.

As previously reported, Jessica Lange also stars as the couple’s nosy neighbor, a role that has been beefed up after her casting.

For more details on this story, visit our sister site Deadline.com.

Comments (8)

• Love Dylan. i was a huge fan of The Practice. However, I really don’t trust the Glee creators. The fact that they beefed up a supporting role because someone famous got cast is a bad sign. I’ll try it but they destroy good shows quickly.

Comment by Steven – April 29, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the way i see, it got beefed up because someone capable was cast, who bring more dimension to the role. many shows give their supporting characters more depth when they find the right actors. why judge before you see the finished product?

Comment by Dd – April 29, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Ryan Murphy Experience had me at ‘Popular’; burned me with ‘Nip/Tuck’; burned me, again, with ‘Glee’; not going to give them the chance to burn me again with this – even if the concept and casting is very, very tempting.

Comment by Heather – April 29, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! Popular was amazing, but it got cancelled before Ryan could drive it into the ground.

Comment by Susan – April 29, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Interesting pairing. Gonna check out the show for sure. Is it just me or does Dylan have some resemblence to Coach Taylor? Just a tad maybe?

Comment by Jenny – April 29, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right cast, wrong creator. Don’t eff this up, Murphy. You’ve got the best talent you’ve ever assembled. Now is the time to write with consistency and maybe (crosses fingers) some subtlety.

Comment by Sam – April 29, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess Dark Blue is done? lol, I missed the memo. That 2nd season reboot was pretty bad, but I really liked the first….

Comment by kat – April 29, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huumm.. Hardy ;-) But I’m there =)

Comment by Laurie Raphaël – April 30, 2011 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post