Exclusive

Exclusive: And Connie Britton's American Horror Story Hubby Is... Dylan McDermott!

After an extensive search and lengthy negotiations, Dylan McDermott has been cast as the male lead in FX’s drama pilot American Horror Story, from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.

The Practice alum will play the husband of Connie Britton’s character.

As previously reported, Jessica Lange also stars as the couple’s nosy neighbor, a role that has been beefed up after her casting.

For more details on this story, visit our sister site Deadline.com.

1. Steven says:

Love Dylan. i was a huge fan of The Practice. However, I really don’t trust the Glee creators. The fact that they beefed up a supporting role because someone famous got cast is a bad sign. I’ll try it but they destroy good shows quickly.

• Dd says:

the way i see, it got beefed up because someone capable was cast, who bring more dimension to the role. many shows give their supporting characters more depth when they find the right actors. why judge before you see the finished product?

2. Heather says:

The Ryan Murphy Experience had me at ‘Popular'; burned me with ‘Nip/Tuck'; burned me, again, with ‘Glee'; not going to give them the chance to burn me again with this – even if the concept and casting is very, very tempting.

3. Jenny says:

Yay! Interesting pairing. Gonna check out the show for sure. Is it just me or does Dylan have some resemblence to Coach Taylor? Just a tad maybe?

4. Sam says:

Right cast, wrong creator. Don’t eff this up, Murphy. You’ve got the best talent you’ve ever assembled. Now is the time to write with consistency and maybe (crosses fingers) some subtlety.

5. kat says:

Guess Dark Blue is done? lol, I missed the memo. That 2nd season reboot was pretty bad, but I really liked the first….

6. Laurie Raphaël says:

Huumm.. Hardy ;-) But I’m there =)