Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 4)

Parting truly is such sweet sorrow, especially when the person leaving has been an integral part of your TV-lovin’ life. But the day of Michael Scott’s Office farewell is finally here, so instead of sulking around — I’m saving that for later tonight — let’s celebrate his seven seasons of hilarity with Michael’s Top 8 Greatest Moments.

Warning:This is gonna hurt like a motherf—er.” Thanks for that one, Michael.

Michael Moment #8: We’re all homos. Homo sapiens.
Episode: “Gay Witch Hunt,” Season 3
Here’s Why: After uncovering the secret of Oscar’s sexuality, Michael Scott takes it upon himself to “put an end to 100,000 years of being weirded out by gays.” The result is one of the most uncomfortable moments to ever grace our television screens. Also, it’s comedy gold.

Michael Moment #7: Who would you do?
Episode: “The Fire,” Season 2
Here’s Why: Holly Flax may be the love of Michael Scott’s life now, but Ryan Howard (not to be confused with the Philadelphia Phillies MVP) comes in a close second. From The Office‘s pilot episode, it was clear that there was something special about the temp, something that caught the Dunder Mifflin boss’ eye. Maybe it was simply his boyish good looks, or the fact that he was everything Michael always desired to be, but never was. Either way, his man-crush was never more apparent than when the building was evacuated for a fire drill, and during a meaningless game of “Who Would You Do?” Michael boasts, “I’d have sex with Ryan.” Not exactly the name of the game, but a priceless Michael moment none the less.

Michael Moment #6: Agent Michael Scarn lives!
Episode: “Threat Level Midnight,” Season 7
Here’s Why: Early in The Office‘s second season, Pam Beelsy happens upon a screenplay written by the big boss man titled, Threat Level Midnight, starring Agent Michael Scarn. It made for a fun episode to see the full ensemble together for a table read of the silly script, and Michael was none the wiser. Flash forward to Season 7 and Threat Level Midnight is a real feature film starring Dunder Mifflin’s finest. Having Michael’s movie-making dreams come to life served as both a tool for countless laughs and growth for the character, who achieved a moment of clarity about who he is and who he truly wants to be: A decent man with Holly by his side.

Michael Moment #5: “Toby Flenderson, convicted rapist.”
Episode: “Casino Night,” Season 2
Here’s Why: Choosing one perfectly hate-filled moment between Michael and Toby was close to impossible, but fortunately, there is one that sums up the regional manager’s unexplained disdain of his branch’s Human Resources rep. It’s goes a little something like this: “I hate… so much about the things that you choose to be.”

Loading video...

Michael Moment #4: The most epic “That’s what she said” of all
Episode: “Sexual Harassment,” Season 2
Here’s Why: Back in the day, Michael’s tagline was his identity. So, when Jan and Toby attempted to take “that’s what she said” away from him, his head came thisclose to exploding. Thankfully, Jim was on hand to keep the magic alive — which wasn’t hard at all. (That’s what she said?)

Loading video...

Michael Moment #3: A gem of an awards show is born
Episode: “The Dundies,” Season 2
Here’s Why: “The Dundies — how can I explain it?” I’d go with a nice office awards ceremony at the local Chili’s, Awesome Blossom (extra Awesome) front-and-center on the table, while your kooky boss does his best Bob Hope-hosting impression on a karaoke machine. Yep, that about sums it up.

Michael Moment #2: Holly and Michael get engaged
Episode: “The Proposal,” Season 7
Here’s Why: No moment in Office history has ever been so perfect. The episode as a whole showcased Michael Scott at his shameless, goofy best, but his actual proposal to Holly Flax was purely awww-inducing. And bravo to the writers for staying true to who these two really are — right down to their awkward Yoda voices.

Loading video...

Michael Moment #1: “You cooked your foot on a Foreman grill…?!”
Episode: “The Injury,” Season 2
Here’s Why: My favorite Office episode. My favorite Office moment. Michael Scott burns his foot on a Foreman grill (duh!), rendering him a (self-proclaimed) handicapped person. Crazy, yes. But his explanation for the odd limb incineration is the stuff of legend: “I like waking up to the smell of bacon — sue me. And since I don’t have a butler, I have to do it myself. So most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it’s good for me…Today I got up, I stepped on the grill and it clamped down on my foot — I don’t see what is so hard to believe about that.”

Loading video...

Did your favorite Michael Scott moment make the cut? Weigh in below!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Commentary, Lists, Video

1. Offish says:

Great episode!!! I miss him already!! :( I also love when he visits the gravesite of the chair model with Dwight and they start singing “American Pie”

2. KathyD says:

Oh, I cannot believe no one has mentioned the episode where Stanley has the heart attack.
    It was one of the first ones I ever saw. I was slack jawed, gasping at the TV as Michael shoved a wallet into Stanley’s mouth, screaming, “Don’t die! Obama is President!”

Oh course, that happens a lot with me and The Office.

3. Jenna says:

One of my favorite Michael Scott moments is when he finds out his old boss Ed Truck was decapitated and announces to everyone that “his capa was detated from his head.” I also love on another episode when he said “I don’t want to be an escape goat!”

4. Casi says:

My fave will always be “boobs” and “get outta my offive” as MS has his computer speak to Pam and Jim.

5. Mark in Colorado says:

After hearing of a past co-worker’s death, Michael really gets into his grief and says, “You know, there is such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown.”

6. Charlie Bernard says:

I can’t believe no one has mentioned:
    “I’ll see your situation and raise you a situation.”
    Hands down the greatest moment of Michael Scott, which is saying something since there are so many.

7. Amanda says:

I love him in Stess Relief, and the Fun Run when he hit Meridith with his car and then thinks people should feel bad for him! Also the Coy Pond and the beach olympics! Ah I will really miss Michael Scott The Office will never be the same!

8. Seth says:

Hahahah Michael Scott will be missed!!! :( Much love Steve Carell, u will be missed!! And idk htf they gonna do this w/o him??!?….. Makes no sense like Charlie Sheen as Charlie when they tried taking him off of Two and a Half Men, u need ‘em!!! :/ Bring him back l8er on in the show!!!! ^_^

9. Seth says:

George Foreman and the gay scene are some of the best!!! Have yet to see the 1 w/ Jim holding the gun which is wtf lollll ‘That’s what she said’ will not be so much the same :(

10. JoshS says:

(cant remember episode name, jan sues dunder miflin)(lines arent perfect but close)

Lawyer: Mr Scott, Ms Levinston was above you the whole time?
    Michael:Thats what she said
    Lawyer:She told you she was above you?
    Michael:What?, Come again, thats what she said

11. beau little says:

My favorite Michael moment has got to be when michael brings two women back to the office for a party and he can’t remember which 1 he was hitting on. So he marks the one with a marker because he can’t tell them apart… freakin awesome!!!

12. Kat says:

Casino Night

Michael to Toby:

“Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.

LOL. Gets me every time.

13. SH says:

I love the one when he asks people to write down the name and number of a hot friend and Kevin writes down Wendy-hot and juicy red head and Micheal calls the Wendy’s restaurant.

14. Scott says:

couldn’t just show the commercial one time huh?

15. Trevor says:

The basketball game is his best moment, we all know someone who acts like that on the court

16. Danielle says:

I always loved “Hey, hey, hey it’s faaaaat Halpert!” lolol

17. karen says:

Your #1 ep has it all: George Foreman reference, Michael’s narcissism, Dwight throwing up, workers making fun of Michael, Michael’s obsession with Ryan, the bubble wrap. Genius!

18. somedude says:

I think honorable mention should go to the entire Michael Scott Paper Company arc, from his miserable floor-crawling episode during “Two Weeks” all the way to the MSPC/Dunder-Mifflin merger.

19. Jason says:

The Michael Scott Paper Co. episodes were the best!

20. Amanda Leigh says:

WHERE ARE THE TUUUUUUUUURRRTLLEESSS!?!?! WHERE ARE THEY!??!?