It's Official: The Killing's Mireille Enos to Play Brad Pitt's Wife in World War Z

The breakout star of The Killing has landed a role to die for.

Mireille Enos — who plays lead homicide detective Sarah Linden on AMC’s addictive murder mystery — has formally signed on to costar opposite Brad Pitt in World War Z, Paramount’s upcoming adaptation of Max Brooks’ post-apocalyptic tome.

Earlier this week, TVLine’s sister site Deadline broke the news that Enos was circling the role of Karin Lane, wife of Gerard Lane (Pitt), in the high profile project — and now the actress herself tells TVLine, “It’s official. We have closed the deal.”

Without question, Enos says she has The Killing to thank for her big-screen break. “Once I had become involved in auditioning for the movie, [the producers] requested seeing both the pilot and the [second] episode and thought really highly of it,” she says. “They weren’t familiar with [the show] before I went in to audition. But just the fact that I was part of the show definitely opened some doors.”

The Big Love alum admits she has not read Brooks’ source material, but that’s about to change. “My husband and I went and got the book yesterday,” she says with a laugh.

Now for the $1 million question: Has she met her leading man yet? “I have,” she confirms. “I got the chance to read with him. He’s a really lovely man.”

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Scoop

1. Dave says:

Hollywood has always given us leading men who are dating women WAY out of their league. Guess it had to happen eventually……

2. Stehpo says:

This is like, so yesterdays news..

3. Miss M says:

Dream casting! Can’t wait.

4. Fran says:

I never missed an episode of the killing, I was gripped, amazing acting by all who were in it, can’t wait for the next series

• mel says:

@Fran – you mean you “haven’t” missed an episode of The Killing, not “never” missed an episode of The Killing. You act like you’ve seen all 13 episodes. How can that be since only 4 have aired? But yes, I agree with you, the acting has been amazing.

5. Doris says:

For those who don’t know, her husband is Alan Ruck (Spin City, Speed, Ferris Buehler’s Day Off, Persons Unknown, etc). I saw him on stage in The Producers (the Gene Wilder/Matthew Broderick part), and he can really sing & dance. I love the guy!

6. Shirley says:

The killing is the only program on tv that I cant wit for each week And don’t want it to end.

7. Michael P says:

Been watching EVERY episode of the Killing from the beginning. I have become increasingly engrossed with the brilliant & honest acting of Mireille Enos. Honestly, I,ve never heard of her before, “The Killing”. But after viewing episode 11, & watching Detective “Linden,s” mini emotional breakdown, which brought me to tears as well, because her convincing acting made me ” feel her pain “. I may soon have to replace my personal best female actor, Jodie Foster with Mireille…. :)