It's Official: The Killing's Mireille Enos to Play Brad Pitt's Wife in World War Z

Get More: Casting News, News, Scoop

The breakout star of The Killing has landed a role to die for.

Mireille Enos — who plays lead homicide detective Sarah Linden on AMC’s addictive murder mystery — has formally signed on to costar opposite Brad Pitt in World War Z, Paramount’s upcoming adaptation of Max Brooks’ post-apocalyptic tome.

Earlier this week, TVLine’s sister site Deadline broke the news that Enos was circling the role of Karin Lane, wife of Gerard Lane (Pitt), in the high profile project — and now the actress herself tells TVLine, “It’s official. We have closed the deal.”

Without question, Enos says she has The Killing to thank for her big-screen break. “Once I had become involved in auditioning for the movie, [the producers] requested seeing both the pilot and the [second] episode and thought really highly of it,” she says. “They weren’t familiar with [the show] before I went in to audition. But just the fact that I was part of the show definitely opened some doors.”

The Big Love alum admits she has not read Brooks’ source material, but that’s about to change. “My husband and I went and got the book yesterday,” she says with a laugh.

Now for the $1 million question: Has she met her leading man yet? “I have,” she confirms. “I got the chance to read with him. He’s a really lovely man.”

Comments (8)

• Hollywood has always given us leading men who are dating women WAY out of their league. Guess it had to happen eventually……

Comment by Dave – April 28, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is like, so yesterdays news..

Comment by Stehpo – April 28, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dream casting! Can’t wait.

Comment by Miss M – April 28, 2011 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never missed an episode of the killing, I was gripped, amazing acting by all who were in it, can’t wait for the next series

Comment by Fran – April 29, 2011 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Fran – you mean you “haven’t” missed an episode of The Killing, not “never” missed an episode of The Killing. You act like you’ve seen all 13 episodes. How can that be since only 4 have aired? But yes, I agree with you, the acting has been amazing.

Comment by mel – April 29, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For those who don’t know, her husband is Alan Ruck (Spin City, Speed, Ferris Buehler’s Day Off, Persons Unknown, etc). I saw him on stage in The Producers (the Gene Wilder/Matthew Broderick part), and he can really sing & dance. I love the guy!

Comment by Doris – April 29, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The killing is the only program on tv that I cant wit for each week And don’t want it to end.

Comment by Shirley – June 6, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been watching EVERY episode of the Killing from the beginning. I have become increasingly engrossed with the brilliant & honest acting of Mireille Enos. Honestly, I,ve never heard of her before, “The Killing”. But after viewing episode 11, & watching Detective “Linden,s” mini emotional breakdown, which brought me to tears as well, because her convincing acting made me ” feel her pain “. I may soon have to replace my personal best female actor, Jodie Foster with Mireille…. :)

Comment by Michael P – June 10, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post