Comic-Con

Scooby-Doo's Return Date: Mystery Solved!

Hi, it’s me, Matt Mitovich. It’s Take Your Kids To Work Day, so I’ve got one of my twin 8-year-old sons, Jacob, covering this bit of news about Cartoon Network’s freshman series Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated, which has been on an endless (to hear the rugrats tell it) hiatus. Mind you, Jacob and his brother have seen the next two episodes (lineage has its privileges!), so I’ll offer a minor “spoiler alert.”

Hello! My name is Jacob! And Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated is back May 3rd!

The first episode coming back is called “Mystery Solvers Club State Finals.” It’s very good. Scooby-Doo is sick, then he has a dream about him solving a mystery at the school with Speed Buggy and The Funky Phantom, who’s the main culprit of the episode. That episode premieres on Tuesday, May 3rd at 7:30 pm.

The next episode is called “The Wild Brood.” In it, Daphne and Velma become friends with monsters. They are really video-game designers disguised as monsters. But they are not the culprits.

The next episode is called “Where Walks Aphrodite.” It’s about an evil woman who wants to destroy Crystal Cove. And “Escape From Mystery Manor” is about the gang exploring a haunted mansion that once belonged to the founders of Crystal Cove.

There are more episodes coming soon, so stay tuned! The series airing after Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is new and called The Looney Tunes Show.

Bye-bye!

Comments (37)

• Super cute! I’ll have to pass along the news to my 8 year old nephew, Zach. Great job, Jacob!

Comment by keila – April 28, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the info Jacob! My daughter, Lorelai will be so excited to hear about Scooby Doo coming back! She likes the old Bugs Bunny, too, so we’ll probably be checking that out, as well!

Comment by Summer – April 28, 2011 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Teehee, so cute!

Thanks for the info Jacob! Awesome job! ^_^

Comment by Stephanie – April 28, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I’m gonna have to tune in!!!! Thanks, Jake. Can I call you Jake? Okay, I’ll just call you Jacob. Good stuff :D

Comment by Michael – April 28, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear this…I mean, my kids will be glad to hear this!! LOL
    I wish they’d drop the whole Velma/Shaggy love thing though..not cool.

Comment by Amy – April 28, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree regarding Velma/Shaggy. I liked the show so much better without the romantic overtones. My almost 5 yr old likes to watch and he definitely doesn’t need to learn about dating yet.

Comment by Kiki – April 28, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cutest.story.EVER I think the Mitovich work in journalism will be on for a long time

Comment by Gabriela – April 28, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait! Thanks for the information, Jacob! My kids will be so excited!

Comment by Jordy – April 28, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks, Jacob! My 5-year-old son, Michael, will be very happy to hear the show is back next week!

Comment by Oooolie – April 28, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the heads-up Jacob, I really love that show! :)

Comment by Szilvi – April 28, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok that’s just too cute!

Comment by Renee – April 28, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yoinks! That news made me crave Scooby snacks (which are actually quite yummy cinamon graham crackers shaped like dog bones).

Comment by Snsetblaze – April 28, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait! Great reporting Jacob!

Comment by Jessi – April 28, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ha I love this show and yeah @Amy I hate the whole Shaggy/Velma thing it was so great when Shaggy broke up with her Velma is such a control freak and if she really liked Shaggy she’d accept him the way he was.

Comment by Greg – April 28, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent sleuthing Jacob!

Matt- You win at Dad.

Comment by SnazzyO – April 28, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUTSTANDING. Best thing I’ll read on the Interwebs today I think.

Comment by Jennifer Arrow – April 28, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent job! I hope to read more from you in the future!

Comment by Bill Kelch – April 28, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :) Very good to hear. But I did feel old hearing the the loony toons, a show I grew up on, is a new show. That one hurt. But great reporting!

Comment by Gabriella – April 28, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha – well, it’s a new interpretation of the classic Looney Tunes.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – April 28, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looney Tunes have been in production since 1930. Growing up watching them on TV shouldn’t make you feel old.

Comment by KBC – May 17, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very well-written! Sounds like dad has some competition… thanks for the scoop! :)

Comment by Marc – April 28, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can you follow-up and find out when Iron Man: Armor Adventures is going to return on Nicktoons for season two?

Comment by Larry – April 28, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So cute! Thank you very much for the sleuthing Jacob and I hope to read more from you in the future.

Comment by Lacey – April 28, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this show still on? I used to watch it when I was young (say 10 years old or so and I’m 26 now).

Comment by Daisy – April 28, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent reporting, Jacob! When do you get to take Dad to school with you and make him do your homework? :)

Comment by Trish – April 28, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!!!! I hope to read more cartoon updates and spoilers from Jacob in the near future.

Comment by Kelly – April 28, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • young justice comes back in june
    avengers in may

Comment by a – April 28, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jacob is only 8?! WOW! Impressive writing for an 8 year old! Keep up the good work Jacob!

Comment by JJ – April 28, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scooby and the gang are great but excited to see 1970s characters like Speed Buggy and the Funky Phantom. Great job Jacob!

Comment by Trevor – April 28, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go Jacob! Great job!

Comment by Kim – April 28, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great job, Jacob!! Since this is a kid themed post, any idea when a new iCarly episode will be airing??

Comment by Susan – April 29, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new episode was horrible. I’m left wondering if the lenghty hiatus had something to do with re-tooling the show. Because the Myster Solver’s State Finals wasn’t close to prior episodes in quality. I loved the new Scooby-Doo. It was fun and clever. Seemed to straddle the line between being okay for kids but appealing to adults too. What I saw this week was “kid’s only,” in my opinion. I barely sat through it. Hoping it was a one-episode hiccup. But I’m worried that somebody forced a dumbing down to make it more kid friendly, but less good.

Comment by Lucas Corso – May 6, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The first 26 episodes were written together; animated series have about a year of turnaround time, so the six month hiatus “Scooby-Doo” was on wasn’t because of a need to retool anything; these episodes were already airing overseas.

Comment by KBC – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since you are giving out cartoon info now, any chance you know when the Avengers will return with new episodes??

Comment by tori – May 8, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thankyou so much i watched the last ep and thought it was over for good .i may be to old for scooby doo like yrs old but ive been watching scooby doo since was able to even understand words so thanku so much for the info

Comment by maha – July 26, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post