Kate Walsh on Private Practice's Return, Finale ('So Much Happens!'), and the Arrival of a Bratt

This Thursday at 10/9c, ABC’s Private Practice resumes its fourth season and in doing so hopefully sheds light on where things stand between Addison and Sam, whose never too-steady romance is being tested by her desire to have a baby and his preference to stand pat as not just a dad but a granddad. TVLine got a hold of Kate Walsh as she toured Paris, partly for pleasure but also for business, as she continues to boast about her Boyfriend (as in the fragrance). Though the Private Practice beauty was cheeky about revealing some of what’s to come, she expertly teased the season finale ahead –- and how one Benjamin Bratt just might rock Addison’s world.

TVLINE | How was your Boyfriend meeting with Sephora’s Paris office?
How did you know…?! Are you watching me on Twitter? Watching my every move?

TVLINE | Mayyybe…. In general, how are things going as a purveyor of perfume?
As a “Fragrance Mogul in Training”? I’m enjoying it, I’m very excited about it. And the meeting went very well, thank you. This is the capital of fragrances, so….

TVLINE | Now you’ll be pitching to [Private Practice boss] Shonda Rhimes that Oceanside Wellness get transplanted to the Rive Gauche?
I don’t think that’s so big a stretch, do you?

TVLINE | Do you feel like sufficient drama has come Addison’s way this season?
Oh yeah – and there’s more to come, baby! There’s a lot that’s packed into these last four episodes. You’re going to want to tune into every minute, because if you turn away, you’re going to miss something pivotal.

TVLINE | I was just rewatching the scene where Naomi (played by Audra McDonald) blasts Addison, saying, “You suck at relationships!” It’s rare to get such honest moments between women.
The scene where she verbally bitch-slaps me? I was like, “Bring it!” And she was right! Oh, Audra…. I will miss her.

TVLINE | How has it been for you, bracing for her departure?
I don’t like it. I don’t think she’s gone for good – she’ll make visits – but it’s hard. It’s hard. It’s four years we’ve been together.

TVLINE | Will the story moving forward be about Addison realizing that Sam isn’t the one, or Sam coming around to her way of thinking?
How can I tell you that? You know about the contracts we sign and how they involve blood! I will be in fear of my life. There’ll be no more Twitter, no more Boyfriend, no more Private Practice…. [Laughs]

TVLINE | OK, let’s talk about Charlotte and Cooper’s wedding day. Does the nature of the occasion weigh on Addison or any of her friends?
The wedding is really awesome, and lots of things occur because of it – not only for Addison but also for other people. But yes, there might be a tiny violin playing for her!

Ask Ausiello: Why Isn’t Private Practice‘s Addison Sitting with Sam at the Wedding?

TVLINE | Do you like that Shonda keeps Addison flawed? A vainer actress might say, “Why can’t my character be more revered?”
“Why can’t I save the world?” I do like it. I came on [at Grey's Anatomy] as the “Wicked Witch of the West,” so I like that she’s constantly screwing up, and human, and struggling. By the way? Anybody who has that great a shoe collection deserves to be taken down a few notches.

TVLINE | I get a lot of mail asking about Addison and Sam maybe making a baby, Addison ever having any child…. But I wonder: Is Private Practice designed to be about Addison as a mother? Or is this more about a strong woman’s pursuit of all the things that she wants, but not always getting them?
I think it’s a bit of both. There’s not a real story being told out there for not getting everything you want – we’re constantly pitched, “You can have it all, all the time!” And while the reality is you can have a lot of it, it’s hard, and there is sacrifice. I love that Addison has a lot of advantages and privileges but she’s also deeply flawed and she doesn’t get to have everything. We’ve been talking about that one [viable] egg she’s got for four years now, but that’s a very real issue she struggles with, and it’s still an interesting story. What do you do when you want a child in your forties and you’re with somebody that you’re pretty happy with, but they don’t want to have a kid because they already have one and, in fact, have a grandkid? These are big-girl problems, and I love that Shonda and the writers take on these issues. That’s what’s made the show particularly strong this season.

TVLINE | Given the buzz that Grey’s Anatomy‘s Derek and Meredith might start a family soon, I hope one beat that Shonda plays is having that news makes its way to Santa Monica, and….
Right. Sure, why not? Put a little more salt in the wound! [Laughs]

Private Practice Wedding Scoop and Photos!

TVLINE | What can you say about the season finale (airing May 19)?
I love it. I don’t know how to describe it except to say it’s like a great closing chapter in Part 1 of a massive, three-part tome. It’s a big closing-up of certain things, and then a total unraveling of others and “Wait until you see Part 2!” So much happens.

TVLINE | Do you sometimes leaf through a script and remark to yourself, “I can’t believe Shonda went there“?
I’m always like that. Because they’ll say they’re thinking about one thing, and by the time she gets her hands on it it’s different — and even better — than the pitches.

TVLINE | But have you ever read something and immediately grabbed the phone to bellow at Shonda, or gave her a jab in the arm in the hall?
We’ve been in a “relationship” now for seven years, so…. We’ve debated before, I’m not going to lie. But it’s fantastic. When I call her or email her, it’s 99.9 percent, “Yahoo, you’re amazing! There’s a reason why you’re a goddess!” And then there are a couple times where I’m like, “Wait a second, hold on, what?”

TVLINE | Tell us about Benjamin Bratt joining the cast in the season finale.
Ohhhh…. He’s a really lovely person, he’s very kind, and he’s very handsome.

TVLINE | And he is playing….?
I can’t tell you that. He literally doesn’t even have a name! I don’t know who he is, what he’s doing. All I can tell you is he shows up. That’s literally all I can tell you.

TVLINE | OK, what about this: Facial hair or no facial hair?
[Laughs] You’ll have to tune in! Listen, there were discussions about that, and decisions were made. Decisions were made about facial hair.

TVLINE | We were talking at the office about Bratt coming on board, and we reckon he’s gotta be for you.
Well, it would be nice if something worked out for Addison personally!

Judging by the brand-new ABC photo seen here, we surmise things just might!

Comments (137)

• Thank you Matt so much. Aw Kate is so darn cute. Great interview. I can’t wait to see Addie’s storyline for the rest of the season.

Comment by Jamie – April 27, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, thank You, Addison Belongs with Sam. He is Hotter.

Comment by Lina – April 27, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.

Comment by maga – April 28, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Best PrP Addison pairing by far. Taye/Kate are a really good looking couple.

Comment by Marco – April 28, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Shonda just need to fix AddiSam and move the hell on, Addison Pregnancy please.

Comment by Cindy – April 28, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way…Her and Sam do not fit at all.

Comment by Spikenalabama – April 28, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN TO THAT!!! Sorry, but I hate them together…

Comment by Roma – April 28, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AddiSam still my Favorite addison pairing.

Comment by Miro – April 28, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ewww Addison and Sam have NO romantic or sexual chemistry. They’re icky together, and no, it’s not the race thing. Her and her dad would make a better couple.

Comment by lorna – April 28, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The “no chemistry” accusation against Addisam is like the “bith certificate” for Obama, a cover up with people’s discomfort with interracial couple!

Comment by teniba – April 28, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Here we go again, the race card…….

Comment by Nikos – April 28, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed!!!

Comment by Marco – April 28, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wouldn’t Bratt and Addison be an interracial couple too??? I think Bratt is of Latin descent.

Comment by I heart B Bratt – April 28, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Um jerkface teniba, I loved Gunn and Fred on ANGEL. Stop accusing others of bigotry. I just don’t think they have chemistry. That’s my own darn opinion. I have biracial cousins, so you can just STFU!

Comment by lorna – April 29, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • YOU STFU filthy witch…..

Comment by John – April 30, 2011 07:20 AM PDT
    • not

Comment by heather – April 28, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey John, take a happy pill. I was defending myself.

Comment by lorna – May 5, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I Love addison and Sam. they are really really hot. I expect some hotness if we are getting a triangle.

Comment by Gennie – April 28, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love AddiSam. they need to spice the relationship.

Comment by Marco – April 28, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For Now Addison and Sam get my vote. they belong together.

Comment by Echo – April 28, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AddiSam is my ship from now on. Bring it ON

Comment by Johany – April 30, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wahoo finally some Addison scoop! I love Kate!

Comment by Maddison – April 27, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank You Matt, Finally some focus on Addison. I hope we finally get some more addisam scenes even if we get a dumb triangle with the new guy. Sam is hot, sexy and 100 times more handsome.
    Looking forward to more interviews with Kate/Taye/Benjamin.

Comment by AddiSam – April 27, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Addison to finally get a baby!!!! Thank you for the scoop! Addie is the only reason I watch.

Comment by Dee – April 27, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At last some PP scoop to get me excited for the rest of the season. This season has been boring. I like Addisam but BB’s character is hot! They look good together! I just want Addie to get some happiness! Addie fans have waited long enough!

Comment by Sara – April 27, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You think Addison actually cares whether Meredith from GA is pregnant or not? 5 seasons ago called and they want to tell you Matt that storyline has long since ended. I really like AddiSam, but I have a feeling Shonda & Steve Blackman will end it in the finale. Shame. Benjamin Bratt is cute, but I’m disappointed to think PrP so cheaply might give up on their storyline. Love Kate. She’s always a great interview! :)

Comment by Julie – April 27, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Addison cares so much about Meredith being pregnant as much as it would hurt knowing you want a child so badly and your ex-husband is having one that would sting a bit. I’m sure it will make her think if she was still with Derek then they would be having a child and feeling sorry that she messed that up. If Addison didn’t want a child of her own I don’t think she would care.

Comment by Ashley – April 28, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watch both PrP and GA, but PrP is my fave show. But the whole point of the show is Addison “post McDreamy post McSteamy” Basically her moving on. I know that Shonda Rhimes & crew has to find ways to do crossovers, but to think that somehow Addison is going to even stress over Mer trying to get pregnant or adopt and so sadly facing her own fertility issues, but not react in one way over one of her best friend’s Callie now giving birth to a daughter seems strange. The leads of both GA/PrP have major fertility issues, which I’m not sure why Shonda Rhimes enjoys doing that to her leads, but none the less, I really love Addison best when she’s not brought back into GA from 5 seasons ago over & over, and the writers fully embrace her as the lead of Private Practice and her story there rather than the silliness of her worrying what he ex and his wife are up to literally years now after their marriage has ended.

Comment by Julie – April 28, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for Addison and Sam to get a baby, that’s the only thing I care about Addison pregnant I dont care about a triangle. Benjamin Bratt is a good actor that’s about it. Taye got all the looks sorry, He wins and by FAR. Addison Pregnant Please. Thanks Matt

Comment by Emma – April 27, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adore Kate Walsh. Thank you for the interview. I hope to see the show explore Addison’s fertility issues.

Comment by Laurie – April 27, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Ben to come on the show for Amelia, she does not have any guys in her life to fall for but I’m hoping, Ben will sweep her away and now that Nia will be gone I hope Amelia gets much more scence time.I want to explore her more, all four girls are my fav. on the show I love Violent and Charlotte the most follow by Amelia and Addison, I never really like Nia.

Comment by fernando – April 27, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addie and new guy look hot!

Comment by lindsey – April 27, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate seems to be lovely, thank you. Oh my The new character with amelia sounds good. Addison should remain with Sam solve their problems and start working on that baby. Sam does seem to make pretty cute babies.

Comment by Maribel – April 27, 2011 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the Interview, I dont like Benjamin at all for Addison and I’m on the fence if he is for Amelia, He should fight with Pete over Violet. , I’m just not feeling anything and that pic does nothing for me. Well hope his character brings something interesting for Private Practice.

Comment by Jordan – April 27, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where did that hot Dr Rodriguez go….?

(Cristián de la Fuente)

Comment by umbrella – April 27, 2011 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree at least he was Hot….

Comment by Marissa – April 27, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ack!! I’m not even an AddiSam but I take them IF Ben is her other option. If Addison is not pregnant I’m done with Private Practice.

Comment by Marissa – April 27, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL

Comment by Lily – April 27, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I understand you, I’m totally against Addisam until I saw that Ben was coming to private practice, at least Taye Diggs is Gorgeous and I love his smile I cant say the same about Ben those days of hotness are long time Gone for him. I’m totally praying that Addison ends up pregnant by the season Finale to save Addison from Benjamin Bratt.

Comment by Arleane – April 28, 2011 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Taye is just pure Hotness his recent pictures are swoon, his body is amazing and that sweet, loving smile. I just want to eat him when he is on my screen. such a sexy guy.

Comment by Vanessa – April 28, 2011 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love your comment. Ben is not handsome at all. I was like Kate please we all have eyes.

Comment by Yesik – April 28, 2011 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *what she said* AddiSam is sounding better and better.

Facial Hair is repulsive

Greys is full of hotties what the hell is wrong with private practice casting department? bring hot guys

Comment by Vanessa – April 28, 2011 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What are we suppose to call Addie/BB pairing AddiForehead, that’s all I see in that pic.

Comment by Cowboy – April 28, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahahaha addiforehead

Comment by Miro – April 28, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LMAO!

Comment by Mary – April 28, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh God! so true LOL

Comment by DelenaFan – April 28, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rolling on the floor laughing. that’s funny

Comment by Gisela – April 28, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL

Comment by Gennie – April 28, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jajajaja Now I see why some fans are outraged.

Comment by Marco – April 28, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ha!

Comment by Cindy – April 28, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s so wrong but funny.

Comment by Jordania – April 28, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dude! you rock!

Comment by Johany – April 30, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Preach It!

Comment by Eddie – April 30, 2011 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel you. Ben is not what I want to see in bed with addson. what a disgusting idea

Comment by Echo – April 28, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still rooting for Sam/Addison to make it. Love them together

Comment by Laria – April 27, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Ben Character is for Amelia but he just meets Addison first then moves on quick. Addison is in a relationship with a good guy, they need to communicate better and deal with the baby issues. Kate Walsh definitely looks better with Taye Diggs, they are both beautiful people.

Comment by Lily – April 27, 2011 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope we get Addison pregnant for S5, Amelia said AddiSam dont use protection. Its time for addison to be a mother.

Comment by Eysa – April 27, 2011 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Interview, Kate is so sweet. AddiSam/Baby is the only news/scoop I want to read about.

Comment by Brown – April 27, 2011 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addie and Sam? Really? That’s great news! She deserves to be with someone who cares about her and who he is there for her, Sam hasn’t been that guy at all this season. He treated her like crap, was barely there for her when she lost her mother, kissed his ex-wife while she was still in Connesticut and let her mourn her mother alone when she came back. They don’t even want the same things, Addie is commited to him, he’s not. Bring on BB’s character, we can see the chemistry between him and Kate in one picture! They’re both hot! Thank you for the spoilers Matt, they were long overdue!

Comment by céline – April 27, 2011 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with every single word you wrote!!!

Comment by Ilaria26 – April 28, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The reason Sam is being betrayed as the “bad guy” in the AddiSam relationship now is a way for the writers to find an easy out for the AddiSam SL. I supported and liked AddiSam. The only drawback to it for me is that Sam is not only her best friend Naomi’s ex, but her ex husbands Derek’s very good friend as well. I know Derek has LONG since moved on, but sheesh, how many of his friends is she going to sleep with and expect that NOT to be awkward for both Naomi and Derek at some point despite the fact that both have moved on. The fact that my all time favorite character Addison, can just look past this fact is bothersome to me. But other than that, I really enjoyed AddiSam. LOVE Kate and Taye’s wonderful friendship outside of the show, and feel badly that the writers could not figure out somehow to either let this storyline continue or end it properly without making Sam who is such a lovely character, seem like the “bad guy” in this scenario because that came out of left field and is not at all the Sam Bennet that we’ve watched sine the PrP began. It makes the writers seem a little lazy in how they choose to resolve or end this SL frankly.

Comment by Julie – April 28, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, she sleeps with her exes friends, but what if he had slept with Naomi? Sh#t would hit the fan. Sam is cool as a friend, but not as a bf. Ick.

Comment by lorna – April 28, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • True..I guess the answer to your question is simple; Sam hasn’t sleep with Naomi since his divorce. And I don’t want to put this all on Addison. Like I said, she’s my fave. Sam too chose to sleep with his “ex” best friend and his college best friends “ex” so he’s not spotless either. Guess it just bums me out that the writers chose to go there in the first place with AddiSam, then (speculating here) may try to go for an easy and kind of lazy end to the storyline for whatever reasons they have now. Why even bother or let us invest in the SL, and why turn the Sam character upside down in the process? Bad move all around for the writers of this show. They didn’t have to both make Addison look like a really bad friend for her choices, and now Sam look like a bad guy for not wanting to be the man that Addison needs him to be. They must have seen certain aspects to this particular SL would not sit well in the “basics” of a good love story. Addison sleeping with 2 of her “ex”‘s dearest friends and Sam not caring what his ex thinks and now acting totally out of character ti Addison is beyond disappointing out of a show I make time to watch every week.

Comment by Julie – April 28, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope this means Addison and Sam is finally over. They shouldn’t have gone there in the first place and this season made it clearer than ever that their “relationship” is a sad, ridiculous mess. It’s time for Addison to move on from it. If they want me to keep caring about Addison they need to let her move on. Sam has never been and will never be the right guy for her. I’m looking forward to Benjamin Bratt’s introduction. He’s an experienced actor and could add a new layer to the show. And B. Bratt and Kate Walsh look super hot together in the pic of them almost kissing. If their chemistry is as vital on screen I’m all for giving them a juicy story and see where they take it. It might just be what this show needs.

Comment by Jenny – April 28, 2011 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Ben’s character likes pregnant women because I believe Addison will find out she’s knocked up in the finale. Shonda is messy like that.

Comment by reese – April 28, 2011 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the nice interview, Matt. Too bad it doesn’t really give anything new away.

I don’t like what they’ve done with Addison and Sam. They could have been amazing, but they really wasted their potential this season. I believe they are done.

BB’s character is obviously there as a love interest for Addison and I don’t like it. We’ve seen that storyline countless times before. It’s like they can’t write anything else for her. Just let her stay single.

Even so, I’m looking forward to seeing his character on the show and finding out who he is.

Comment by Nora – April 28, 2011 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So once again, Addison won’t be able to hold on to her current man, and just go straight to the next one. Will there ever be a season where she’ll meet a guy, date the day, and maybe be with this guy for more than one season? Honestly, it’s getting old.

Comment by Dominique – April 28, 2011 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for the interview and the spoilers, Matt. Kate Walsh is such a sweet and naturally funny person. I am glad the business meetings in Paris went well. It is time for her Boyfriend to take over Europe. People in Paris, London, Berlin, Madrid and all around the continent will love it!
    Audra McDonald’s departure makes me sad. She added loads of talent and personality to PP and her friendship with Kate is the cutest thing on twitter.
    PP’s season finale needs to rock my socks. My interest is wavering and I might turn into a casual viewer next season. The writing for Addison is shallow and I barely recognized her this season. They never explored her fertility issues or had her consider adoption for a real. Nothing ever came out of her involvement in Charlotte’s rape story. And when they killed two of Addison’s longest lasting friendships for her incestuous relationship with Sam they essentially killed part of what drew me to PP. I hope the finale renews my interest. But fans called Addison’s miracle pregnancy months ago. It will hardly come as a surprise. They better have a real ace up their sleeves with BB’s character.

Comment by Hannah – April 28, 2011 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m totally not interested in a new character whatever. I still think addison and Sam can make it work and get it together, have a kid a be happy. Honestly I’m done with the new love interest. Is Addison really Pregnant with Sam’s Baby? AWESOME…… If that so cant wait for Mark and Derek reaction.

Comment by Alec – April 28, 2011 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, yes, yes, please. Walsh and Bratt would be like the best lead couple ever. Can’t wait for them to melt my screen with their combined hotness and chemistry. Bring it, ABC!

Comment by Kim – April 28, 2011 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt, Crossing My fingers for An AddiSam Pregnancy, please dont break them up. Look at what Shonda have done to me, make me root for the couple I once despised.

Comment by arlene – April 28, 2011 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to reveal the name of Benjamin’s character. One pic of him with K.W. is enough to make me ship Addison and his character and I want to give my new ship a name. :)

Comment by Lenn – April 28, 2011 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison doesn’t have to get it all, I gave up on that happening a long time ago. She is a relationship fail. So can she at least get the one thing she came to LA for? So far it’s been one failed relationship after another. I’m over Addison and men. Why should we think this time will be any different? This character is floundering. If Addison doesn’t take some sort of step towards motherhood in the finale, then I’Il see Kate when her next project comes around. I’m tired of being jerked around by Shonda and her staff.

Comment by Traci – April 28, 2011 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly, the only thing I want to see is Addison pregnant. that’s the way the season should end. Sam/ BB can fight for PREGNANT Addison all they want but Please make Sam win, Benjamin Bratt is scary looking now.

Comment by ileana – April 28, 2011 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison and Sam should remain together. ugh! the triangle with addison is getting old already, and she is no prize for 2 guys to fight over.

Comment by ileana – April 28, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOLOL Oh No Ben, I’m 100% behind AddiSam. Taye looks Better shirtless and he is an Adonis.

Comment by Yesik – April 28, 2011 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KW is amazing lover her and Her boyfriend, such an incredible woman. Private Practice: I’m not into Benjamin Bratt period. Where is Doctor Rodriguez? he looked Hot Hot Hot. My vote goes for keeping AddiSam if Bejamin is the third party, recent pictures of him are NOT good. Ben Casting just proves that Shonda wants Taye to remain PP only sexy/hot/gorgeous male.

Give addison a BABY

Comment by Mel – April 28, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison pregnant and Taye Diggs beautiful self are the only reasons to watch the show. I dont care about anyone else

Comment by Vanessa – April 28, 2011 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Back Hot Amazing Season 3 AddiSam.

Comment by maga – April 28, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for Addisam solving their problems and moving on. Ben is fugly

Comment by vielk – April 28, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt you Rock, thanks for the interview. I like Benjamin Bratt just not for Addison, Kate has more chemistry with Taye. addison and sam are pretty together, their hotness factor wins. All in all I hope Ben gets paired with Amelia or start giving CharChoop problems. Addison/Sam should be dealing with an unexpected pregnancy. I hope rumors are accurate and we are headed in that direction.

Comment by Cjaen – April 28, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never been in the train of Addisam, but I really like the arch about Addison’s family and with Dr Rodriguez… About Ben Bratt is a really hot man and even in these few pics I can fell the chemistry with him and Kate, give me hopes, pleeeeeeeease!!!!

Comment by Ilaria26 – April 28, 2011 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read somewhere that Betsy will be back and in a coma at the hand of someone close to her, I think Addison should adopt her!!!

Comment by tvaddict70 – April 28, 2011 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Benjamin Bratt good look, he is all Forehead now.

Comment by Cowboy – April 28, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I want AddiSam, Taye is better looking by far.

Comment by Miro – April 28, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betsy is coming back, poor kid. I hope they dont kill her off. Addison and Sam should adopt her and then get a bio baby. Violet and Benjamin Bratt would look good.

Comment by Jim – April 28, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Call me when Sam finally get his head out of his butt and gets addison pregnant other than that PrP jumped the shark and not even Mr Bratt can save it.

OMFG!!! @ AddiForehead bwahahahaha that’s so funny. Benjamin needs to do something there. he is weird looking.

Comment by Lu – April 28, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the addison and Sam pic. they look so cute together. that was the catwoman scene right?

Comment by Mary – April 28, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate rocks! You should interview her all the time!!! Sam has been a real jerk to Addie! I hope new guy is nice!

Comment by Addie Kate Lover – April 28, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want AddiSam to be the endgame but BB can be their angst. I cant wait for an AddiSam baby. AddiSam and Delena are a Fan Fav.

Don’t get me started Benjamin Bratt, yuck.

Comment by DelenaFan – April 28, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m laughing so hard at Mr Forehead bratt! I love it. thank for the interview Matt. Kate is so darn cute.

Comment by Alvin – April 28, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m ROTFL about the Forehead thing. Some fans are just too much.

Comment by Gisela – April 28, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the interview, LOVE IT!

I’m an Addisam shipper but even I admit that I can so get on board with Bratt’s nameless character and Addison’s ship train. In that pic, the chemistry is already undeniable. I’m 99% sure that his character was brought in for Addison, you only bring in the Bratt if it’s for the leading lady. =) So excited for the rest of this season. =)

Comment by Liz – April 28, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love AddiSam but Sam needs some competition, AddiSam still my total endgame ship no matter what. Taye/Kate are HOT.

Comment by Gisela – April 28, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but can the “Addisam” shippers who have nothing better to do than trash Ben Bratt for his looks just move on already? That’s kindergarden level and I find it extremely cringeworthy. I don’t want to feel the need to be embarrassed for being a fan of this show.

Comment by Amanda – April 28, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Found on a graphic circulating the net: Being in Fandom is like being in 2nd grade forever. ;)
      But you’re right. Seriously people, calling the newest addition to PPP’s cast names and taking cheap shots at him because he might be threat to your favourite ship? Not cool. Think about it; it reveals a lot more about yourself and about this fandom than about the guy you are trying to trash.

Comment by Neil – April 28, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post