Tree Hill Exclusive: Bethany Joy Galeotti Signs On for Season 9; Lafferty Back Part-Time?

TVLine has learned exclusively that Bethany Joy Galeotti has officially signed on for a ninth season of The CW’s One Tree Hill.

Although Tree Hill has yet to be renewed, the fact that Galeotti has reupped her contract for another season bodes well for the long-running drama’s future.

Meanwhile, the series’ leading man, James Lafferty, has yet to sign on for another year, but a source close to the situation tells TVLine that should Tree Hill get a pickup, he’d likely return part-time as Nathan.

One Tree Hill Exclusive: Chad Murray, Hilarie Burton Not Returning

Also on board for another (potential) cycle: Sophia Bush tweeted Monday night that she and costars Austin Nichols, Robert Buckley, Lisa Goldstein and Jana Kramer have each inked additional one-year deals in hopes of a Season 9, saying, “The writers have GREAT plans!”

Plans that perhaps will benefit from a much wanted encore…? Series alum Chad Michael Murray teased the Twitterverse on Monday with: “Return to OTH? I don’t know. Maybe next season for u guys. I Love that Lucas is missed. Give [series creator] Mark Schwann the credit. He built him.”

1. Justin Baham says:

Please, don’t bring the show back for a ninth season unless the characters of Lucas, Peyton, and/or Dan Scott along with action-packed episodes come along with it. This show used to be my all-time favorite show. And, I’ve liked a LOT of shows. The character of Lucas helped guide me through some very tough times in my life as well as guided me in my growth as a person. Without these characters, One Tree Hill has turned into a chick show. It seems like all the new characters are coming around, taking over, and turning it into a new Gilmore Girls series. Even the characters of Clay and Julian are beginning to act girly. I don’t want to watch a chick show. I want to watch a show that relates to the Old One Tree Hill. I loved the episode where Brooke almost drowned and Quinn was attacked for the second time. We need more episodes like that and not just in the final episodes of the season. We need another long-term antagonist that is developed throughout the show like Dan was. Though the car over the bridge thing had already been done, it was a breath of fresh air to see the old elements of fear and the terrifying unknown return to the show. There’s no reason the show can’t return to appealing to both guys and girls, alike. The music element is great, but it lacks and needs the punk/emo/gothic touch that the character of Peyton brought to the show. Please, consider mine and many others’ pleas, and save the show!

-Eternal One Tree Hill Fan

2. michelle says:

I have watched oth since the very first episode. I own all the seasons and I rewatch every episode over and over…I was a dawsons creek fan and watched it in its entirety and own all those dvds…I have loved loving the characters produced by the wb…aka now the cw. I do wish that chad and hilarie return for season 9 at least for the series finale. Or that mark schwan somehow develops their story more–or provides a more final explanation of where they are, what they are doing and up to, and how they are doing. I know ppl leave but Hayley would never just stop talking to Lucas. They barely acknowledge person or Lucas anymore…its disappointing. The love and time mark put into those characters and then when they leave the show he just doesn’t bother to explain anything?? Hello…ur avid watchers deserve better than that!! So fix it in season 9 just give the fans what they want…end it happy and please make me ball my eyes out!!

3. tian says:

I love OTH let’s keep a move on it. I want another season.

4. OneTorontoHill says:

BRING BACK CHRIS KELLER! Seriously, he was one of the best minor characters on the show and hilarious too.

• Nicole says:

Haha I agree.

And it’s already been done. Tyler Hilton (Chris Keller) has already agreed to come back to OTH

5. Riri says:

I soo want anor season 4 one tree hill…en i hope leyton wil b bak…

6. Jessy says:

If sson9 is d grand finale den Luke n Peyton shld feature…dere wuldnt be a greater end other dan dat

7. Sheila says:

I agree that season 8 shouldn’t have ended with the Brooke holding her babies. I think that they should def. have a season 9. Last time i checked there was gonna only be 13 episodes that they know of. Anyways Peyton and Lucas should come back with their baby and Nathan should re-new his contract his contract for full time. Im so bored without One Tree Hill. Even if i dont relate to it its still fun to watch.

8. SomeDude says:

Seriously James?! This season is basically part-time. Just come back for it all please. And actually, this season might get up to 18 episodes if the network decides to, just like season five, it aired in January and they got 18 eps, maybe the same will happen for season 9.

9. ronnie says:

Just a bunch of mambojambo. Just bring back peyton and lucas and dan. first of all the two boys need to have a reunion with daddy dan to end the beef, then karen needs to come back and re open karen’s cafe, then nathan has to get back to ball somehow with lucas’s help, then brooke needs to finally be happy and deb needs to remarry dan and end the beef. i mean i could go on and on the show has to eand the way it started but with a satisfactory theme for all the characters and the story.

10. Jasmyn says:

I Hope That Chad Michael Murray And Hilarie Burton Return Back To One Tree Hill Cause They Made One Tree Hill The Best Show Including James Lafferty And Bethany Galeotti. One Tree Hill Has Change Me Alot Since I Been Watching It In 2003 When I First Watch The Show I Thought It Was Like Any Other Show But It Wasnt It Was Like In Real Life. I Understand Everything That Happened In The Episodes Sometimes It Was Parts That Was Very Emotional But It Made It Seem So Real Thats What I Love About One Tree Hill It Can Really Change Somebody One Tree Hill Is The Best Show IN The World To Me I Never Been So Happy To Watch A Show Before Until I Began To Watch One Tree Hill It Has So Much Drama That People Like If There Wasnt One Tree Hill I Would Never Be The Person I Am Now !

11. It is ridiculous that the CW Network made it really clear to the Vice President Dawn Ostroff to only have 13 episodes on One Tree Hill but the CW Network also made an announcement saying it’s only 13 episodes when Mark Schwahn and the One Tree Hill cast and Crew really want a full Season 9 On One Tree Hill One Tree Hill Cast and Crew including Mark Schwahn wanted 2000 episodes on One Tree Hill when all of the One Tree Hill fans so excited that the One Tree Hill got a renewal for OTH Season 9 Now all of the One Tree Hill fans are very upset right now becuase One Tree Hill should have a full season 9 on the CW Network no way to 13 episodes

12. Hale says:

I love this show I even got my boy friend in to watching it with me, they kinda ended it with that last show,but then again when Luke and Peyton driving away thought that was it. I love Brooke and Julian and would have loved to see her 9 months but they killed that one. Watching these girl take on a cafe may be nice and for a parent come back like always Brooke father we never did meet him. Maybe he`ll want in her life and there`s a lot he missed in her life

13. Nicole says:

I hope Peyton comes back with Sawyer. And I hope Karen and Lily come back just to see Haley and Brooke open up The New Karen’s Bakery. But at the same time,I kind of want them to do another flash forward sometime this last season just so we can see Jamie as a teen.

14. vanessa says:

I’ve been watching the show from day one and I think it should of ended w luke n Peyton and baby sawyer on their way out of town. Every one was happy but they had to drag it on. I stopped half way through the season cuz of all the new characters, it was irritating. So if they decide to end it at S9 please please bring the original characters and give the fans a proper ending w brook, Peyton, Luke, Nate, skills and mouth.

15. abbey haruna says:

i love lucas and payton i want them back

16. Scott says:

OOMGEEEEE Naley is the only reason I watch this show! Why is Nathan only going to be there Part timme?

17. Maxwellhouse says:

I would watch OTH for 10more years but they deff can’t make Nathan only part time I actually love how they focused more on Nathan and hailey and others rather then Lucas and Payton all the time! But I agree if u are sick of it don’t watch it but I guess the rest of us r true fans at heart lol I have been watching in since I was 16years old and now Im married with 2kids still watching it lol

18. I will lov to see the complete season. U are all doing Great’ the OTH crew’

19. Morgan says:

OTH is an incredible show (im actually in the process of watching it all again) … I really really hope it goes for a 9th season …. i wouldn’t be heaps angry if it ended after it’s 9th season considering it had a really good run, but i would still be really disappointed. Though I would still enjoy it and watch it and support it if it was to continue.

But Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton HAVE TO COME BACK ! even if it were for only 1 ep …. the show and WE do really deserve a whole-hearted ending with the original cast together to end it completely.
    :) <3

20. Chituru says:

Pls stop saying dat.i dnt wnt it to end.d characters hav grown to bcome part of me.so if it goes on foreva,no biggie

21. sharon says:

They at least need to make one more season cause this season didn’t end to well it needs to end better