Exclusive

Burn Notice Exclusive: Ex-Grey's Anatomy Pot-Stirrer Lauren Stamile Snags Major Role

I spy flying sparks between Michael Westen and McDreamy’s ex!

Burn Notice has tapped Lauren Stamile — a.k.a. Derek’s psycho ex-girlfriend Rose on Grey’s Anatomy — to play a major recurring role in the show’s forthcoming fifth season.

Stamile’s character, Kim Pearce, is described as a brilliant, unpredictable and formidable operative sent by the CIA to investigate the murder of one of their own. She leans on Michael (Jeffrey Donovan) to help her find the killer, only to learn that Michael himself may be involved.

Stamile’s TV resume also includes a recurring role as Jeff-crushing statistics professor Michelle Slater on Community.

Burn Notice‘s fifth season is slated to premiere on June 23.

1. NK says:

Rose was psycho?

• Kathryn says:

I seem to recall her not taking the breakup too well

• Lori says:

Which is understandable and doesn’t make her a psycho. A bit of an exaggeration Michael.

• Emma says:

…she stabbed Derek in the hand with a scalpel. I’d say that’s psycho.

• Kris says:

I’d say that’s an angry girlfriend but she was never psycho. She was pretty normal until he dumped her for Meredith and then she didn’t take it well but she wasn’t psycho. Psycho implies that she had something mentally wrong with her which she didn’t.

• Reality says:

Yes Kris…it’s perfectly normal to slice and dice a loved one. Psycho is only if you eat what you sliced off. With Grey Poupon. Gotta do it with style.

• Joe Young says:

Umm.

I never watched Grey’s Anatomy, but anyone who does not define stabbing someone who dumped you as psycho, should identify themselves fully so I know never to engage you in any level of interaction.

• M says:

In rebudle to the above that can not under stand the use of the word crazy when it comes to the character rose… She sliced mcdreamy with a scalpel… This has to qualify you as borderline crazy if not needs to be medicaided atleast I mean cmon!

2. Kathryn says:

My gut instincts are to hate any possible usurper to the Michael/Fiona ship, but I will wait to see her in the role first…Why Matt Nix?? We don’t need any other Fiona-like chracters we have the original!!

3. Becca says:

Well that explains the ticker on Community saying Professor Slater is still missing.

• Anne says:

YES! 100x THIS!

P.S. I’m glad she’s missing. I didn’t find her character endearing. She was simply a wrench in the Jeff/Britta storyline.

4. jason says:

Ok, she was not psycho on Greys at all… Get your facts straight Ausiello!

5. R says:

I seriously doubt there will be any kind of romantic side to this character. Why can’t a woman just be an agent there to do a job? Why does it always have to spell romantic entanglements? Michael and Fiona basically declared their undying love for each other at the end of last season and Nix has even described it as their version of getting married. Why would this have anything to do with romance?

Anyway, I really like this actress. I think I was the only Community fan who actually wanted her and Jeff to stay together.

• Snsetblaze says:

Agree with your comments re romantic entanglements. When Tricia Helfer was on the show, there was no romantic entanglement.

6. Kristen says:

Her character wasn’t crazy on Grey’s but I seem to remember her being a bit….unhinged about the break up with Derek. Didn’t mind her character in Community.

7. Brian says:

Theres no mention of romance in this post, just “sparks will fly” could mean a potential adversary for micheal, also am slightly worried at what people deem to be pyschotic behaviour these days, stabbing someone with a scalpel aint right!!!!

8. hn says:

i actually thought moon bloodgood and michael had pretty good good chemistry. but fiona is my fave.

9. Dusty Cress says:

Could it be that their after Sam for some reason? If he has to I inagine Michael will run interferance. Rest Gently Please.

10. Katie says:

I’ve invested too much tv time for ANYONE to interfere in the love between Fi and Michael. If there are any sparks that fly between Kim and Michael I am so out of here!!! If Jesse didn’t come between them why should anyone else. These two are meant to be..no question!

• Pamela Singleton says:

My girl thinks she is going to move in on Michael & Fiona, I DONT THINK SO!, IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. LOL LOL

11. Skott says:

I thought the whole premise of Burn notice was a burned SPY. Now that Michael is back in the CIA how can he have a burn notice and be on his own…(well baring Fiona and Sam). Don’t get me wrong I love this show. (Really loved the fall of Sam axe, would love more on Sam’s history) But if Michael is no longer burned … there is no need for Sam… and Fee or his mom to cause him grief and get in him in trouble.
    They had better have a good plan for this.

12. Just a thought says:

@Skott – I imagine they do have a good plan for this. Like they want him to do really ugly things and he has to break rank and accomplish them differently(a source of continuing hot water). Or they could bring him back as a desk clerk to give him time to prove some kind of loyalty or whatever. Now he has a snooping agency to juggle along with the usual shenanigans. The possibilities are endless.

13. Kim says:

Maybe he needs this new chick to realize how irreplaceable and awesome Fiona is. They must be together, they simply must!

14. topher says:

THREE WAY. that makes them all happy.

15. DaiQuan says:

I hope they get rid of Jesse this season…. :|

16. Lynn says:

I hope this new character doesn’t interfere with Michael and Fiona!!

17. Tom says:

I highly doubt that Kim and Michael will be romantic at all. By the way it was phrased in the article, and watching the trailers for next season I’m guessing that they end up in a fire fight with each other.

P.S. Notice everybody that commented she wasn’t psycho on Grey’s Anatomy is female. This is just an observation.

18. I would love for Lauren Stamile to reprise her role as Professor Slater on Community, perhaps explaining her absence this past season by having her teach at City College after being embarrassed at the Tranny-Dance.

19. Debbie says:

Oh come on michael and fiona are the royal couple. Don’t go messing with us. Get michael and fi together for good. Michael has to give in fiona is my queen and michael my king!!!!!!

• Roseone says:

Here! Here! I totally agree. There are only so many triangles a person can take. The “triangle” with Jesse is over and confirmed, now we have to suffer another one? She might get ideas about Michael (who wouldn’t) but Michael knows Fiona is the only woman for him. Besides, Fiona would probably injure Michael if he disagreed!

20. Sandra Conti says:

I love Burn Notice, it’s the best show on t.v. Love the fact that it’s filmed in Miami, and love the characters and the story line all falling into place together. Love Jeffrey Donovan, great actor, wish he would do a movie filmed here in Miami, love this guy! I never miss an eposide and no one else should either!

21. Jeanette Lancaster says:

I love Burn Notice, I hope they’re not going to do anything to mess up Mike and Fiona. Whoever this new woman comming in is, I hope she knows the only relationship with Michael will be a working relationship. Now that Jesse knows he will never get Fi, I suppose I can put up with him. THIS HAS BEEN MY #1 SHOW SINCE MONK. Please don’t mess up my collection. Got all 8 seasons (Monk)got 3 seasons of BURN NOTICE, season 4 will be here tomorrow. LOVE LOVE LOVE BURN NOTICE.