Burn Notice Exclusive: Ex-Grey's Anatomy Pot-Stirrer Lauren Stamile Snags Major Role

I spy flying sparks between Michael Westen and McDreamy’s ex!

Burn Notice has tapped Lauren Stamile — a.k.a. Derek’s psycho ex-girlfriend Rose on Grey’s Anatomy — to play a major recurring role in the show’s forthcoming fifth season.

Stamile’s character, Kim Pearce, is described as a brilliant, unpredictable and formidable operative sent by the CIA to investigate the murder of one of their own. She leans on Michael (Jeffrey Donovan) to help her find the killer, only to learn that Michael himself may be involved.

Stamile’s TV resume also includes a recurring role as Jeff-crushing statistics professor Michelle Slater on Community.

Burn Notice‘s fifth season is slated to premiere on June 23.

Comments (37)

• Rose was psycho?

Comment by NK – April 26, 2011 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I seem to recall her not taking the breakup too well

Comment by Kathryn – April 26, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which is understandable and doesn’t make her a psycho. A bit of an exaggeration Michael.

Comment by Lori – April 26, 2011 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • …she stabbed Derek in the hand with a scalpel. I’d say that’s psycho.

Comment by Emma – April 26, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’d say that’s an angry girlfriend but she was never psycho. She was pretty normal until he dumped her for Meredith and then she didn’t take it well but she wasn’t psycho. Psycho implies that she had something mentally wrong with her which she didn’t.

Comment by Kris – April 27, 2011 10:05 AM PDT
          • Yes Kris…it’s perfectly normal to slice and dice a loved one. Psycho is only if you eat what you sliced off. With Grey Poupon. Gotta do it with style.

Comment by Reality – April 27, 2011 10:11 AM PDT
        • Umm.

I never watched Grey’s Anatomy, but anyone who does not define stabbing someone who dumped you as psycho, should identify themselves fully so I know never to engage you in any level of interaction.

Comment by Joe Young – May 3, 2011 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In rebudle to the above that can not under stand the use of the word crazy when it comes to the character rose… She sliced mcdreamy with a scalpel… This has to qualify you as borderline crazy if not needs to be medicaided atleast I mean cmon!

Comment by M – April 26, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My gut instincts are to hate any possible usurper to the Michael/Fiona ship, but I will wait to see her in the role first…Why Matt Nix?? We don’t need any other Fiona-like chracters we have the original!!

Comment by Kathryn – April 26, 2011 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to instant dislikes to potential threats. But I suppose everyone deserves a fair chance.

Comment by Desiree – April 26, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree to the dislike! I’m usually up for giving things a chance but why mess with Fiona?

Comment by Elizabeth – April 26, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • amen, could not have said it better !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Darrell Sturgill – April 26, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been waiting for this! Now that things are working out fairly well for Mike & Fi,it’s time to stir the pot! Remember Fi’s boyfriend, Campbell.

Comment by PENNY – April 28, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that explains the ticker on Community saying Professor Slater is still missing.

Comment by Becca – April 26, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! 100x THIS!

P.S. I’m glad she’s missing. I didn’t find her character endearing. She was simply a wrench in the Jeff/Britta storyline.

Comment by Anne – April 26, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, she was not psycho on Greys at all… Get your facts straight Ausiello!

Comment by jason – April 26, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seriously doubt there will be any kind of romantic side to this character. Why can’t a woman just be an agent there to do a job? Why does it always have to spell romantic entanglements? Michael and Fiona basically declared their undying love for each other at the end of last season and Nix has even described it as their version of getting married. Why would this have anything to do with romance?

Anyway, I really like this actress. I think I was the only Community fan who actually wanted her and Jeff to stay together.

Comment by R – April 26, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with your comments re romantic entanglements. When Tricia Helfer was on the show, there was no romantic entanglement.

Comment by Snsetblaze – April 26, 2011 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her character wasn’t crazy on Grey’s but I seem to remember her being a bit….unhinged about the break up with Derek. Didn’t mind her character in Community.

Comment by Kristen – April 26, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Theres no mention of romance in this post, just “sparks will fly” could mean a potential adversary for micheal, also am slightly worried at what people deem to be pyschotic behaviour these days, stabbing someone with a scalpel aint right!!!!

Comment by Brian – April 26, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i actually thought moon bloodgood and michael had pretty good good chemistry. but fiona is my fave.

Comment by hn – April 26, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could it be that their after Sam for some reason? If he has to I inagine Michael will run interferance. Rest Gently Please.

Comment by Dusty Cress – April 26, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve invested too much tv time for ANYONE to interfere in the love between Fi and Michael. If there are any sparks that fly between Kim and Michael I am so out of here!!! If Jesse didn’t come between them why should anyone else. These two are meant to be..no question!

Comment by Katie – April 26, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My girl thinks she is going to move in on Michael & Fiona, I DONT THINK SO!, IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. LOL LOL

Comment by Pamela Singleton – April 26, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the whole premise of Burn notice was a burned SPY. Now that Michael is back in the CIA how can he have a burn notice and be on his own…(well baring Fiona and Sam). Don’t get me wrong I love this show. (Really loved the fall of Sam axe, would love more on Sam’s history) But if Michael is no longer burned … there is no need for Sam… and Fee or his mom to cause him grief and get in him in trouble.
    They had better have a good plan for this.

Comment by Skott – April 26, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Skott – I imagine they do have a good plan for this. Like they want him to do really ugly things and he has to break rank and accomplish them differently(a source of continuing hot water). Or they could bring him back as a desk clerk to give him time to prove some kind of loyalty or whatever. Now he has a snooping agency to juggle along with the usual shenanigans. The possibilities are endless.

Comment by Just a thought – April 26, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well I am sure they can make a really good show about this but it wouldn’t be called Burn Notice anymore.

Comment by Skott – April 26, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe he needs this new chick to realize how irreplaceable and awesome Fiona is. They must be together, they simply must!

Comment by Kim – April 26, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THREE WAY. that makes them all happy.

Comment by topher – April 26, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they get rid of Jesse this season…. :|

Comment by DaiQuan – April 26, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this new character doesn’t interfere with Michael and Fiona!!

Comment by Lynn – April 26, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I highly doubt that Kim and Michael will be romantic at all. By the way it was phrased in the article, and watching the trailers for next season I’m guessing that they end up in a fire fight with each other.

P.S. Notice everybody that commented she wasn’t psycho on Grey’s Anatomy is female. This is just an observation.

Comment by Tom – April 26, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love for Lauren Stamile to reprise her role as Professor Slater on Community, perhaps explaining her absence this past season by having her teach at City College after being embarrassed at the Tranny-Dance.

Comment by Chris_Griff_3 – April 27, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh come on michael and fiona are the royal couple. Don’t go messing with us. Get michael and fi together for good. Michael has to give in fiona is my queen and michael my king!!!!!!

Comment by Debbie – May 11, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here! Here! I totally agree. There are only so many triangles a person can take. The “triangle” with Jesse is over and confirmed, now we have to suffer another one? She might get ideas about Michael (who wouldn’t) but Michael knows Fiona is the only woman for him. Besides, Fiona would probably injure Michael if he disagreed!

Comment by Roseone – May 24, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Burn Notice, it’s the best show on t.v. Love the fact that it’s filmed in Miami, and love the characters and the story line all falling into place together. Love Jeffrey Donovan, great actor, wish he would do a movie filmed here in Miami, love this guy! I never miss an eposide and no one else should either!

Comment by Sandra Conti – May 17, 2011 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Burn Notice, I hope they’re not going to do anything to mess up Mike and Fiona. Whoever this new woman comming in is, I hope she knows the only relationship with Michael will be a working relationship. Now that Jesse knows he will never get Fi, I suppose I can put up with him. THIS HAS BEEN MY #1 SHOW SINCE MONK. Please don’t mess up my collection. Got all 8 seasons (Monk)got 3 seasons of BURN NOTICE, season 4 will be here tomorrow. LOVE LOVE LOVE BURN NOTICE.

Comment by Jeanette Lancaster – June 19, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post