Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Chuck, The Office, Private Practice, House and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Any clue as to who (or even what) Agent X is on Chuck? —Chris
Ausiello:
It’s someone we know. How can I be sure? ‘Cause exec producer Chris Fedak told me so! Fedak also revealed that the Season 4 finale (airing May 16) is both “epic” and one of “the most expensive episodes.” The last scene also sets up a doozy of a fifth season. Now all we need is that pesky pickup from NBC!

Question: Any intel on Steve Carell’s final Office episode this week? —Jerry
Ausiello:
Just that there’s no need to worry about special guest star Will Ferrell stealing the spotlight, which some have suggested he’s been doing in the episodes leading up to Thursday’s swan song. According to director Paul Feig, Ferrell’s alter ego is “busy with his own stuff” in the episode, which “helped clear the path for Michael’s last day to be his own.” Feig adds that the final scene of the special hour is “the perfect sendoff” for Michael given “the style of the show and for the type of show [The Office] portends to be. It’s very satisfying.”

Question: Got any Addison-centric Private Practice scoop? —Jamie
Ausiello:
Eagle-eyed fans may’ve noticed that Addison and Sam are not sitting together at Cooper and Charlotte’s nuptials on May 5. Why exactly is that, Kate Walsh? “Let’s just put it this way: I don’t think it was because of the seating chart,” the actress hinted to TVLine’s Matt Mitovich, before outright acknowledging, “There’s some tension. Though the tension you might be feeling is just from the viewers having to endure so many repeats!” Preach it, sister friend. Preach it.

Question: As sad as I am about the TV season coming to an end, I can at least look forward to the return of HawthoRNe. Any scoop? —Kassy
Ausiello:
Yup. Nick (Marc Anthony) is about to be up to his badge in trouble. The show is casting a hard-nosed Internal Affairs investigator — male or female, they don’t care — who’s determined to find out who killed Christina’s attacker.

Question: Give me a scoop on Rizzoli & Isles, which, if I may say so, is the best show ever. —Gabby
Ausiello:
You may say so. And you may continue to say so when I tell you that soon the show may as well be called All in the Family. Not only are we about to meet Rizzoli and Frankie’s kid brother, a 30ish screwup who’s fresh out of prison (played by Melrose Place‘s Colin Egglesfield), but we’re about to be paid a visit by Isles’ mother, an art historian who’s so well put together she could make Helen Mirren seem inelegant by comparison.

Question: Any scoop on CSI‘s Nick Stokes? —Connie
Ausiello:
This could be about Nick: A pivotal character will die in the season finale.

Question: There’s buzz that the upcoming Glee death is Emma! Can you please deny or confirm this, because I will cry if it’s true! —Nicole
Ausiello:
Save your tears, Nic. Emma’s not croaking, although your question nearly scared the OCD-afflicted character’s alter ego to death. “I’d just like to know why anyone would think it’s Emma,” inquires a befuddled Jayma Mays. “Does she get into an antibacterial fit and over-antibacterialize herself?! [Laughs] You know, that can kill if you don’t have enough germs in your body — maybe that’s what they’re thinking?” Or maybe, just possibly, they weren’t thinking at all. Just putting that out there.

Question: What can you tell us about the upcoming Glee death? —Katie
Ausiello:
The dearly departed is female. And not named Emma.

Question: Was last week’s Glee John Stamos’ final episode as Carl? —Emily
Ausiello:
Sure seems that way. At the very least it’s the end of the road for Emma and Carl. “The way they left it last week, it does seem that it’s over,” says Mays. “I’m sure so much of it has to do with John Stamos’ schedule as well, but I would love to have more stuff with him in whatever capacity that would be.”

Question: What have you uncovered about House‘s “After Hours,” the episode before the finale, where “House deals with devastating information“? Can you give us a hint or two? —Catherine
Ausiello:
“Um… well… I can’t really answer that without giving it all away,” hedged co-executive producer Greg Yaitanes when confronted with your query. “The information starts in the [penultimate] episode and fuels a lot of what happens in the finale.”

Question: Will there be any meaty scenes between House and Cuddy in the House season finale? —Renata
Ausiello:
“Yes, but not in the way you might think,” replied Yaitanes. “But meaty is an understatement.”

Question: That mysterious eyeball on NCIS looks a lot like Tony Sr. Say it isn’t so… then give me a clue! —Joshua
Ausiello:
It isn’t so. Now here’s your clue: Just because this person’s eye is missing doesn’t mean he/she is dead.

Question: I just started watching The Good Wife. Yeah I know, I’m totally late. But now that’s I’m all caught up, I don’t think I’m going to last till May 3rd for a new episode. I need something tide me over till then! —Jessica
Ausiello:
Now that the you-know-what has hit the fan, I think it’s fair to say Alicia and Kalinda’s friendship will become strained. I think it’s also fair to say that’s what prompts Kalinda to consider leaving Lockhart Gardner to go to work for this woman.

Question: Why didn’t you list Kristina from Parenthood under “surprise pregnancies” in your May Sweeps Scorecard? —Anna
Ausiello:
Because, um, IT DIDN’T HAPPEN DURING MAY SWEEPS. May Sweeps starts this Thursday. Write it down, commit it to memory and then pass me my nerve pills before I hurt someone.

Question: I will be devastated if Parenthood doesn’t get renewed! They can’t end Friday Night Lights and Parenthood at the same time! —Amy
Ausiello:
They can’t and they won’t. On the heels of last week’s encouraging season finale ratings, P’hood has been upgraded to a “sure thing” on TVLine’s Bubble Show Scorecard. Speaking of the show’s inevitable third season, exec producer Jason Katims assures me that Sarah won’t be setting her sights on Hollywood — or even Broadway for that matter — in the wake of the warm reception her play received in the finale. “What I really like about the idea of her finding playwriting is that it gives her an outlet creatively and makes you feel like she’s doing something but it doesn’t totally change her circumstances in life,” he explains. “It takes a long time to turn a play into a big hit. And I’d like to keep Sarah in that place where she sort of has to tough it out financially. That to me seems to be one of the important qualities of that character. So I wouldn’t be in a rush to give her a huge financial success. Part of the charm of her is she’s such a fighter. I personally enjoy watching her struggle.”

Question: Might we see Steven Weber back on Parenthood next season? It sure seemed like they were planting seeds of a romance between him and Sarah. —Maria
Ausiello:
“We don’t have any plans yet,” says Katims. “We were lucky to get Steven to do that one episode. And we may pursue [having him do more]. It’ll probably be based on his availability.”

Question: Your recent blind item is driving me insane! So many delicious options. Can you narrow down the playing field a bit and confirm if it is a same-sex or opposite-sex couple? —Sam
Ausiello:
The couple is heterosexual. (FYI: only clueless beauty pageant finalists use the term “opposite sex.”) And here’s a bonus clue: The series in question is a comedy.

Question: Can you confirm if we will indeed learn the identity of the fatality victim in the season finale of Castle, or is that the cliffhanger and we have to wait all summer to see the results? —Cheryl
Ausiello:
Someone dies in the season finale of Castle. That’s all I’m willing to confirm at this point

Question: Help! With all options for Royal Wedding Watching, I need you to tell me, in your humble opinion, who you think will offer the best wedding coverage on Friday?! —Jeana
Ausiello:
All I can tell you is what I’ll be watching at the crack of dawn on Friday: A little show called The inside of My Eyelids on my new obsession The Sleep Network. I’m obsessed with their programming!

Question: Any Brothers & Sisters scoop? By the way, I’m your Polish fan. —Ilona
Ausiello:
Thank you for finally coming forward, Illona. I had a feeling there was at least one Aushole in Poland, but everyone kept telling me I was nuts. To reward your courage, I’m going to let you in on a little secret: One of the slots in our May Sweeps Scorecard is reserved for a Walker.

Question: Your cryptic Gossip Girl tease in last week’s Ask Ausiello is Freaking. Me. Out. What do you mean Chuck would never intentionally do harm to Blair. What happens?!  —Sam
Ausiello:
There’s really only one more thing to say on this subject: There will be blood.

Question: Any Hellcats scoop? —Lauri
Ausiello:
The academic cheating scandal that’s threatening to bring down the Louis — and quite possibly the university’s athletic program — will stay front and center during this season’s remaining episodes before getting resolved in the finale, per showrunner Kevin Murphy. Look for the arc to unite Alice and Marti like never before. “Alice and Marti have both realized that they’re going to fight — literally, sometimes — for what they want,” says Alice’s portrayer Heather Hemmens. “I think it’s actually really beautiful when they fight for a cause together. Alice feels responsible for the situation, and, of course Marti having her law experience, wants to get in there and get dirty.”

Question: Game of Thrones is my new crack. Can’t get enough of it. Please feed my addiction. —Craig
Ausiello:
The first significant human death will come in Episode 5. And what a death it is.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Megan Masters)

1. Sydney says:

“Yes, but not in the way you might think,” replied Yaitanes. “But meaty is an understatement.”

What does that mean? I think I need a Greg Yataines to English dictionary.

• Ange says:

Knowing how much Greg Yaitanes loves to do close-ups of Lisa Edelstein’s body especially shots down the front of her barely-there shirts, I’m guessing ‘meaty’ refers to close-ups of Cuddy’s ass again.

2. Aiden says:

CHUCK. Pickup. Season 5.
    All I need! Especially after hearing Fedak’s mini-description of the finale. I trust him on that.

• chuck fan says:

Yes Chuck!! And do you think if the finale is “epic” and “one of the most expensive episodes” that NBC might break down and do a little advertising? You know, just to get some viewers? Come on NBC!!

3. un-holy says:

Oh, enough with all the Huddy questions, please!

4. Thomas Theo says:

I think the Brothers & Sisters sweep is either one:

A) a romantic reunion: Rebecca coming back for Justin (we don’t see anything of Justin’s romantic life lately).
    B) onscreen resignation: Nora quits her job (to be with Brody?).
    C) breakup: Kevin & Scotty (unlikely, but they just got into a serious fight).
    D) breakup: Kitty & Seth (very expected and they don’t get enough airtime anyway).
    E) any possible fatality (during the wedding?).

What do you think?

• andrew says:

I like the way you think… but Rebecca is not coming for season finale
      … I hope there will be season 6 because B&S in marked as likely to be canceled… and I love this show very much… I would love if ABC give B&S final season at least for 13 episodes :)

5. Dawn says:

I think the death on Glee is ging to be Sue’s sweet assistant with Down’s Syndrome. That would explain why all the kids and Sue are at the funeral and it would be so sad for the viewers.

6. KRV1973 says:

As far as Glee’s death(s), I agree it could be Sue’s sister, or Terri. But it’s termed as a beloved. I have a bad feeling it’s Beast. I noticed she’s not been in several episodes, and the football team is in off season, so she would still be around. I hope it’s not Becky. She’s such a great addition to be Sue’s mini-me. Gives Sue a little more life, since the writing for her character has been less than stellar. Just My Opinion. :)

7. angel says:

I am so sick of GG writers constantly throwing Chuck under the bus but nomatter what happens always finding a way to protect Dan!ENOUGH!

8. JD says:

i’m hoping the blind item is Parks & Rec related (I don’t watch Big Bang Theory, which seems to be a popular opinion, so i don’t know about that). I’m going to say Ann and Ron. Ann’s already dating around and spiraling out of control, who knows what she could do. or maybe Donna and Tom, or Donna and anyone…she’s hilarious, and always on the prowl.

9. andrew says:

A pivotal character will die in the season finale of CSI – I think it would be Det.Lou Vartann (Alex Carter) Catherine Willows love interest. Just to make sense why Catherine would not be regular next season…

• Frimi says:

Yeah, that would make sense. But I read that the anoying Sofia Curtis will be in the season finale, so… DIE, CURTIS, DIE
      I hope she dies, but I think you alredy know that :D

10. Jon88 says:

What is less satisfying is that ostensibly professional writers don’t know what “portend” means. Sigh.

11. Maybe Abed and Annie kiss to make Jeff jealous? It’s been implied this season that both Abed and Chang know about Jeff’s feelings for Annie.

12. Cara says:

Wow, the “House” honchos have really taken all of the wind out of that show’s sails since the break-up of House and Cuddy, haven’t they? Does anyone even care anymore what happens to any of the characters? Ratings are slipping steadily since “Bombshells” and fan interest has plummetted to zero now. Such a shame and such a tragic come-down for a once great show.

• Kath says:

The ratings were slipping long before Bombshells. They’ve been slipping since season 4 because of bad showrunning decisions. Huddy was just the final nail in the coffin.

13. Dave says:

Unfortunately, I think the death on glee will be Becky…Too much going on for her…they cast her mother, a boy with down syndrome and a minister…I would be sorry, though, I think she’s really nice,and it’s cool to see a character with down syndrome portrayed in such a nice way, being sue’s follower and try to be evil like her is very funny…

14. Tiia says:

Blind Item: Penny & Howard?

15. spencer says:

It’s Coach Beiste that dies. She would shake up the school when she dies, because Auss’s clue said the death would shake the school up. Also, she’s not toooo important, but important enough to shake Will and New Directions up.

16. Madmac says:

The key to the eyeball is that they have access to MTAC. That eyeball belongs to M. Allison Hart.

• Ellen says:

We’ve been blessed with no M. Allison Hart sightings this season. If they want to kill her off, that’s fine with me, but I’d just as soon never hear her name mentioned again on the show. I don’t know whether it was the character or the actress (or both), but she was just too darn smug for my taste.

17. Michael says:

Please let Agent X be Jeff!! He is the only one old enough for Volkoff to be worried for the past twenty years, and it would be awesome to see how that would play out

18. Heather says:

Game of Thrones death is not really a shocker, if you’ve read the book!!!!

19. Meghan says:

My guess is Shirley and Pierce on Community. That would be SO random but SO funny.

20. kk says:

i heard it was burt (kurt dad) to die !! i was hoping it would have been somone like principal figgins or dave karofsky (bully/5 football player) !!

21. Amy says:

My guesses:

The Glee death: Finn’s mother. It will create stronger bonding between Finn, Burt and Kurt, and probably be something that shakes him up enough to bring him back to Rachel. Runner up guess: Becky, which I would hate but would be very humanizing for Sue.

The shocking comedy couple tryst at season’s end: It’s either going to be Penny and Sheldon on TBBT or Liz and Jack on “30 Rock.” Argument for the former — it would be a way for the show to play to the big Penny/Sheldon fanbase without actually hooking them up longterm, plus create complications that would eventually bring Leonard and Penny back together. Argument for the latter — they always said they would never go there, but Tina Fey’s pregnancy could have changed that. Having it be Jack’s baby would definitely be the most surprising and funny way for the show to go.

Can’t wait to see if I’m right! And I hope hope hope the Glee death isn’t Beiste.

22. Temii says:

I really hope they do renew Parenthood. It has sooo many greta views and the rates are like crazy !
    I don’t know what I will watch if Parenthood goes off.
    I have a good feeling that it will get renewed.

23. Michelle says:

I truly hope they break up Addison and Sam on PP. I can’t stand them together. There is no getting past her wanting a baby and him not. Please…end this farce now.

24. Zac says:

hate to say it but i think it will be Quin, she will probably commit suicide after loosing for prom queen..the title means a lot to her plus they have been showing her to be really emotionally vulnerable…shame though casue i really like her!

25. Sarah says:

The blind item is Penny and Raj. A show with a live audience can’t be too top secret. :) Unless of course they filmed a surprise ending different from the one everyone saw at the taping.

26. Kieran says:

I think its Matthew Morrison who dies in glee as he is quitting at the end of this season :S

27. Joanne says:

I’d go for the Glee death being Sue’s down-syndrome sister. There was a big hoohar about a death before & it turned out to be Pavarotti the bird so I don’t think it’s gonna be anyone important.

• Elise says:

I was crying when that happened, as were my friends… but that may have been because of the whole ‘Klaine-fireworks-of-love-thing’. And the pretty music. I think the death is Becky- all the signs point to her.

28. Eshna says:

About the ‘hook up’ blind item – if it is def a show from that list and its surprising because this couple have ‘never shared a longing look’ and their connection hasn’t really been hinted at then my money is on SHELDON and AMY FOWLER from big bang theory (as i believe a couple people also guessed) – especially if the hook up equals sex, i can see possible kisses for most of the characters on the other shows but not full out sex. It would be hilarious to see awkward sheldon and amy try to go about clinical intercourse. LOL!