TVLine Items: Holloway Heats Up Community, Bloods Bosses Exit, and More TV News to Know

Ready to see Josh Holloway burnin’ up NBC’s Community in some studly Wild West gear?

TV Guide Magazine has published a first look photo of the Lost alum donning his best paintball war regalia as Black Rider, a mysterious outsider who somehow becomes involved in yet another wacky Greendale battle. Holloway appears in the Community two-part season finale, airing May 5 and 12.

Ready for the rest of today’s TV dish? Well…

• This can’t be good: CBS has let go Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green, the creators of freshman cop-drama, Blue Bloods, per Deadline. The network and studio reportedly want to make Bloods “more procedural,” which is ironic because the series’ first showrunner Ken Sanzel exited nearly nine months ago amid reports that star Tom Selleck felt that scripts were becoming too procedural.

• After nearly a month of exit rumors, Katie Couric is expected to finally confirm her CBS Evening News departure following her coverage of this week’s royal wedding, says The New York Times. Current 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley will reportedly succeed her.

• Showtime has replaced all but one of the original Real L Word ladies for its second season, EW.com reports. The docu-series (launching Sunday, June 5) welcomes back Hollywood special effects badgirl Whitney, who will be joined by six new Los Angeles-based lesbians.

Survivor fan fave Robert “Boston Rob” Mariano is set to co-host Around the World in 80 Ways, a 10-part reality series on the History Channel, confirms EW.com.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Let us know in the comments!

1. DL says:

How do they make Blue Bloods MORE procedural? It’s already basically a procedural. In fact, it’s only the non-procedural, family-based aspects of the show that give it its charm.
    Now, this is not to say that I’m into the Blue Templar meta-plot at all; I’m not. But I hope they continue to give focus to the Reagan family dynamics and relationships, because they form the heart of the show.

2. Rebecca says:

I’m about half through Blue Bloods, and the non-procedural family aspects are what keep me watching the show, so if they pull away from showing the family and become more of a cop show, I’m pretty sure I’ll stop watching.

• Christine S. says:

Ditto what Rebecca said. The family stuff is what makes the show work. This move makes me really nervous.

• Christine says:

My thoughts exactly! If they stop focusing on the family dynamic then they’re left with a replica of every other show on CBS. I think the balance of the show right now is great, and I really hope they don’t mess with that. Why do these networks constantly fix things that aren’t broken?

• lace says:

I am not a big fan of crime dramas but I like Blue Bloods b/c of the family aspect. Their family dinners and their close relationship make me jealous.

3. zack says:

I really don’t get the appeal for this show, it sucks, except for donnie wahlberg.

4. Mindy says:

Woo Hoo! Josh Holloway back on television! That is exciting. Can’t wait for the paintball war.

5. Maryann Craven says:

I respect Scott Pelley but when is CBS going to give Harry Smith his due. He should have been given the anchor chair before Katie Couric to begin with. I think Harry is the best.

6. Becca says:

Woohoo! Less then 2 weeks until some Josh Holloway goodness on Community!!!

7. Andrea says:

My first thought upon hearing that CBS wants Blue Bloods to be more procedural is that the network plans to cancel CSI:NY and use a tweaked Blue Bloods to fill the void.

8. ava says:

Josh Holloway on Community, yay! If I wasn’t already watching this great show I would tune in just to see Sawyer. :D

9. Tracy says:

How can this much pretty not have his own show???

10. Jules says:

Bad move on the part of CBS. The Reagan family dynamic is what sets this show apart from every other procedural on CBS. I love the relationships between the characters – it’s what keeps me coming back.

11. Sharon says:

Blue Bloods has been the best show we have watched in years. There is so much garbage on TV anymore that this show has been a god send. The story line is great; the characters relate very well; the Reagan family dynamics are very loving & wholesome. We have recorded every episode & we can watch them over & over again. PLEASE KEEP THE SAME FORMAT!