Ratings: Housewives Hot, But CBS Tops Night

With all three of its shows demonstrating demo growth, ABC this week won Sunday when it comes to the 18-49 crowd, while CBS claimed the top spot in overall viewership.

ABC’s night started off with Extreme Makeover: HE (7.8 million total viewers/2.2 rating) notching a 10 percent gain in the demo. Desperate Housewives (9.9 mil/3.0) in turn saw its rating rise 7 percent — topping all Sunday comers — while Brothers & Sisters (6.6 mil/1.9) was up 12 percent.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Desperate Housewives and More

CBS’ well-watched line-up featured The Amazing Race (9.3 mil/2.5) followed by the Hallmark movie Beyond the Blackboard (8.5 mil/1.3).

The Amazing Race: Do Alliances Ruin all the Fun?

Elsewhere: NBC’s Next Great Restaurant held steady at 3.6 million viewers/1.2…. Celebrity Apprentice (8 mil/2.9) was up 12 percent in the demo.

Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Who Needs Winners?

What did you watch on Easter Sunday night?

1. DL says:

I watched Game of Thrones and The Killing. How did they do in the ratings?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Cable ratings do not come in until almost a good 24 hours after the broadcast networks.

• JohnDoe says:

Game of Thrones has excellent production value and writing. But I fear they will lose most of their non-reader audience simply due to the fact that it’s pretty confusing, and a bit slow up to a point.

2. Kristen says:

I watched America’s Next Greatest Restaurant and Breakout Kings … The Killing got DVR’d.

3. Gerald says:

I’m glad that DH is up…. Look I’m going to be realistic, after all those breaks, people have gotten invested in other shows etc, so it will take awhile for them to regain a bit more. I’m just glad they didn’t drop more. Yes by DH standards its still low, but since they are not having any more breaks hopefully it will rise in viewers.

• Robert says:

I agree. I have stuck with the show even through the breaks, but I know a lot of viewers were not aware of the conflicting schedules. I’m sure it will rise in the coming weeks. It’s still a hit and it’s getting really good heading towards the finale!!!

4. Alice says:

I watched Game of Thrones. I could watch that annoying little prince get slapped by a dwarf, hit by a girl, and chewed by a baby direwolf all night long. I really hope they get to produce the third book. Karma is coming.

5. Christina says:

I watched Extreme Makeover:Home Edition and the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie. Very good movie. They even showed a couple of classic Hallmark commercials.

6. Peter says:

Nice to see The Amazing Race still kicking butt.

7. Tahoe Mike says:

TREME season 2 premier on HBO. It is the best writing around.

8. Ali K says:

I watched The Amazing Race, but skipped the Hallmark movie. Yay, Amazing Race!