Exclusive

Smallville Exclusive First Look: Lex. Is. Back!

“They say every man has a dark side…. I am not every man. I’m Lex Luthor!”

And… goosebumps! The CW’s Smallville will wrap up its 10-year run the only way it really could, with Michael Rosenbaum reprising his role of Clark Kent’s arch nemesis, Lex Luthor — and we’ve got exclusive video promoting the big showdown.

Michael Rosenbaum Talks About Regaining His Lex Appeal

Press PLAY below to check it out, then catch your breath… catch your breath again…. and read on for more about the very super reunion:

Loading video...

Having Rosenbaum back for the series’ grand finale “was absolutely fantastic,” raves Smallville star Tom Welling, “because it was like he never left. We jumped right back into it.”

Coordinating the encore, however, was a veritable job for you-know-who, seeing as the deal was made late in the season and schedules had to be synched. As Rosenbaum recalls, “I called them up on like a Friday, saying: ‘Look, I want to do this, but I’ve go to film this other thing [Fox's Breaking In] — so I’m coming up [to Vancouver] next Thursday.’ And they started writing!”

Or rewriting, as the case may be. “We had already started breaking the finale,” executive producer Kelly Souders tells TVLine. “But it was pretty easy and seamless to rev up that story faster.” After all, she notes: “It’s Lex!”

8 Reasons Why Smallville‘s ‘Booster’ Episode Is Golden

Though Clark does a bit of a double-take in the above clip, Souders says Lex’s second coming “is not going to be a complete shock” to those who knew and loathed him. In fact, injecting him into this final beat of Clark’s journey “will be very fun,” she promises.

Fun is precisely what Rosenbaum had as he slipped on a bald cap and returned to his very, very bad ways. “I really didn’t want the day to end,” the actor shares of his whirlwind, marathon shoot. “Once you’re there, you always want more. Like, ‘Oh c’mon, this is fun. Write something else!’”

The CW’s Smallville airs the first of its final four episodes this Friday at 8/7c.

1. Barbara says:

I have watched Smallville since it started. I like it very much.
    I have been a Superman fan since Christopher Reeve. I hate to see it leave.

2. WILL says:

Good..maybe now smallville will get off the love story crap, the baloney about clark finding himself, the goofy music that is continually underneath ever scene, and then maybe we’ll get some solid story telling and ACTION. Booster Gold wasn’t funny or necessary…it was a JOKE!

• laz says:

it’s the cw not espn you want superhero with out the love story of lois lane witch comes 2 to clark kent not lex luthor i watch this show for clark and lois not luthorville.

3. hyper says:

Superman’s legend requires Lex Luthor presence, no doubt about it. But now the guy REALLY needs to learn to fly and wear his suit. Chances are this will happen just on the last 5 seconds in the finale episode… too bad. I hope all this won’t end up in a light-speed “walk” in a leather jacket, as usual: I’d be so deceived…

4. Tony says:

SV’s Clark Kent isn’t a hero. He’s a violent loser and dumber than a box of rocks. I hope Lex kills him.

• Joanne says:

Why bother watching the show?? You do not sound like a fan of “SUPERMAN” you sound like a person of hate. This was a show of hope and peace.Sounds like you are from N.Y.(city)-you must have fell in the Hudson. I from NY the part where we try and think good thoughst.I HOPE your cable goes out on 5/13

5. cHyLdE says:

Ever since like the Third season… I have had the idea that this will all lead to the very best show on television based on Dc Heroes. Perhaps Titled Justice Society of America – Justice League -etc.
    Perhaps even a movie like Crisis on Infinite Earth.
    Stay Tuned to the Finale which may not be a Finale at all but the beginning of Something Awesome!!

6. Robert says:

wow, these last 6-7 Smallville Superman teaser trailers for the series finale have been so incredible and this season has been so awesome, infact the past 3–4 seasons have been the best ever.
    Tom Welling is and will forever be Superman!!!

7. Ray says:

Question. Why wasn’t Chloe able to save Jimmy with the teardrop
    power thing. She saved Lois. Remember?
    Statement. The ONLY complaint that I have is the dumb Doomsday
    suit. In the final battle….I was afraid Doomsday was going to
    burst loss into a Power Ranger dance move.
    Up until then, when they only show sneak peeks of the creature..
    it was Wonderful.
    Darkseid is much better illustrated.
    Thanks to the incredible cast…ever those that eventually bored
    us to death. This has been so incredible.
    MOVIE PLEASE WITH SAME CAST & BETTER VISUAL EFFECTS.
    PS Special thanks to the stunt doubles. LOL
    So unbelievable falls,crashed,deaths, resurrection from death.Could have happen in the Real World.
    How many times did Chloe die??? LOL Ray

8. robert says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. . . . . . . . . . . These smallville superman finale teaser trailers are fantastic, amazing and so incredible!!!

9. Toy says:

FINALLY!!! This has been a long time coming. We all knew they could not go out without Lex.

10. Joanne says:

This show is soooooooooooooooooo going to be missed.It had it all !!!! Special efex music story lines and of course GREAT GREAT cast.NEVER missed an episode. They should do a movie with the same cast at least it will be REAL!!!I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD that it is over.

11. Kev says:

It’s very fitting with the final episode coming next week with Lex returning and the chance to see Clark achieve his destiny and break out the suit. I really hope all the hero’s join together against the Darkseid crew. Too bad, it’s the last, they should turn this into a re-make movie.

12. Christian says:

First of all Smallville = Greateness and secondly the show just got better every season for me anyway , despite losing Michael Rosenbaum at the end of 7 , 8 and 9 were awesome …..taking this show into the ‘comic book’ type of world was extremely cool. Thank you Michael Rosenbaum for your reprisal you are the best and now the greatest show will end in an epic fashion hahaha