In Plain Sight Scoop: Who's Mary's Baby Daddy?

Get More: News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

This Just In: In Plain Sight‘s Mary McCormack is pregnant — and so is Mary Shannon!

A USA Network rep has confirmed that the actress’ real-life pregnancy will be woven into her character’s storyline during the show’s upcoming fourth season.

“Over the course of Season 4, we’ll see how Mary’s pregnancy will affect her job, her complex relationships with her partner, her sister and ultimately, with the father of her child — which is the big reveal,” the cabler teased in a press release. “Stay tuned this summer for the twists and turns leading up to the big secret in Mary’s life.”

Given how season 3 ended, I’m going to go out on a limb and declare FBI Agent Farber (Steven Weber) the probable dad-to-be. Who’s with me?

This will be the third child for McCormack and her producer-hubby Michael Morris.

In Plain Sight‘s fourth season kicks off Sunday, May 1 at 10/9c.

Comments (52)

• i think you might be right about agent farber being the baby daddy. but i would love it if it were marshall’s baby (he is totally inlove with her )

Comment by jen – April 22, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i would love it were marshall’s baby! the partner relationship is so compelling. im rooting for them :D

Comment by Garnet_and_Gold47 – April 22, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well in one of the episodes she slept with her ex husband, so it would make sense that he would be the onscreen Daddy. I forget who played the ex though.

Comment by Rockki45 – June 19, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who the heck is Mary’s ex-husband?????? I can’t find a name anywhere. The most recent synopsis says that Mary is taken aback by the return of her ex-husband, but I didn’t see anything resembling that on the episode. HALP – MY BRAIN IS MELTING!

Comment by fiberlicious – August 1, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was showing symptoms before she slept with the Ex.

Comment by DacyK – August 7, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope to god that it’s not Faber. I have never been so irritated by a fictional character, and I found Mary’s relationship with him to be so completely out of character for her as to be laughable. Unless they make him into a deadbeat dad who’s never around, making him such a big factor in Mary’s life would pretty much turn me off the show for good.

Comment by kat – April 22, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree. That character Faber has irritated me from the moment he showed up and I don’t even think Mary likes him. She is acting like she has to have a man in her life to make her happy and it’s not like her at all. He aggravates her but she finds him attractive?

We respect her character because she’s strong and NOT the type of woman who NEEDS a man in her life. This relationship with Faber is turning her into THAT type of woman. It makes her seem weak. I hate the thought of Faber being around because of a pregnancy and it being HIS baby. That would be just flat out annoying and she would end up realizing how much of a mistake he was to even have in her life.

I don’t see them making it Marshall’s kid, just because that would throw off the dynamic of the UST between the two and how perfect they really are for one another. They would rather not point that out unless the show was ending, if even then. Since most shows try to avoid that type of obviousness because they would rather drag it out until they either HAVE to approach it or they ignore it completely no matter what happens.

The only other person I could see it being is Raph’s. Considering how in and out they always were, I could see him being the logical choice, unless they are deliberately trying to irritate the fans by making it Faber.

It’s too much of a joke when they make the fathers in shows a guessing game and makes the characters seem more shallow. This is just reminding me too much of “Who’s the father of Rachel’s baby” on Friends and that whole thing was almost laughable as well as flat out irritating.

Comment by Jamie – May 1, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Over the course of Season 4, we’ll see how Mary’s pregnancy will affect her job, her complex relationships with her partner, her sister and ultimately, with the father of her child — which is the big reveal,”

By the way they write it doesn’t sounds like its Marshall, since it affects the relationships with her partner (Marshall) and ultimately the father of her child.

Too bad, I would like to see Mary and Marshall :\

Comment by sno – April 22, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope to God it is not Faber-His character is so irritating, but unless they introduce somebody else,it.will be him. It is not going to be Marshall, and don’t think with her issues he needs that relationship.

Comment by Tom – April 22, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is Faber the guy she used to be married to? Him ? That very short,wimpy whiny guy ?( no offense to the actor) but really!! Couldn’t they @ least found someone dynamic or edgy? It’s has to be that this actor knows someone & asked for a favor- I can’t see any other reason they would pick someone who isnt even close to matching “Mary” in strength let alone height:)

Comment by Bk – June 27, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will probably be Faber, which is unfortunate, but obviously they could have chosen NOT to write it in so I’ve got to have some faith they have an idea of what they are doing. I love the idea of Mary and Marshall though, and I hope they still stand a chance.

Comment by Mikaylah – April 22, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • depending how far along prregancy she is will determine who it is imho. Agent farber would be my guess but if he is i hope they dont maker steven a series reg hope he isnt around at all as to me him/mary seemed so out of character for mary.

Comment by steve – April 22, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, what a nightmare. Mary Shannon, you were my idol! Now you’re PREGNANT? Betraying your identity or what.

Comment by xav – April 22, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mary Shannon is a fictional character. The real Mary has every right to have a kid if she wants to.

Comment by DotDotDot – April 22, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jesus Christ! It’s not like being pregnant makes you a big loser… she can still be a strong woman and a mother, they are not mutually exclusive, lol.

Comment by stelablue22 – July 8, 2011 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The logical choice seems to be Mike Faber – it is Faber btw – not Farber. I suppose it’s possible that it’s someone they will inroduce at the beginning of the season, or it could be her ex Raphael.

I’m most interesed in seeing how Marshal Marshall Mann will cope with it all.

Comment by znachki – April 22, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh, I hope it’s not Rafe’s baby! He was such a dull character…

Comment by Ashley – April 22, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d rather it be Rafael’s baby than Faber’s, but obviously I’d be much, MUCH happier if the baby were the product of a previously unmentioned fling with Marshall. I don’t want the baby to be another roadblock keeping those two apart. They have enough obstacles already.

Comment by Ace – April 22, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would love for Rafe to be the baby’s daddy, because he’s a hunk! However, if not him someone besides Faber & Marshall (love you Marshall) he will be devoted to Mary and the child.

Comment by susja adair – May 19, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Correction: I would love it if they choose someone not dopey-looking or acting that will be devoted to Mary and the baby.

Comment by Susja Adair – May 19, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that Marshall and Mary’s relationship is interesting – but it hopefully will NOT turn romantic, because even though he is the only person she really trusts, she does’t seem to have any loving feelings toward him.
      And if the dad will turn out to be Faber, I hope he’ll be around. Mary’s fictional dad wasn’t around and it would be sad for her to repeat that with her fictional child

Comment by amit – April 22, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the fact that it would be marshall doesn’t means that there will be a relationship… people forget that sometimes people have akid but do not get into a relationship!

Comment by teniba – April 22, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also hope it’s not Farber’s baby. He was just too creepy for me.

Comment by Jena – April 22, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let it be either Marshall or Rafe, not Faber.

Comment by maggie – April 22, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s someone who has been mentioned on the show, but not seen before. He’ll be seen in one of the first episodes.

Comment by yoyo – April 22, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Steven Weber and while Faber has an annoying personality, duh…anyone seen Mary’s personality lately. I think it would make for some seriously heavy & funny episodes. They clash but there is a chemistry there too. I think it’s definitely Faber who’s the daddy. Can’t be Marshall no matter how much we’d like it. They are just too different for anything to work there. As for Rafe, don’t think it would make for as much “must see TV” as they say. Just my .02!

Comment by Burgess – April 22, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I want it to be Faber and I want Steven Weber to recur this season or even become a regular. They had great chemistry, especially in his last episode. When he gave her that quick kiss at the door, it was just right. She seemed amused and maybe interested at the same time. But there was certainly chemistry. I really hope he comes back.

Comment by Beth – April 25, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Farber??? Noooooooooooooo!!!

Comment by Patty Fox – April 22, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone is guessing Faber but how will that be a “big reveal”? They were on vacation together at the end of the season. What if it’s her sister’s on-again/ off-again boyfriend. I’ve always liked him from the west wing and his and Mary mccormack’s character were together on the west wing! That’s my guess! Though I hope it’s somehow Marshal! :)

Comment by Trish – April 22, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since the article also said her role with her sister will be tested, I really think it is her sister’s boyfriend!

Comment by Trish – April 22, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah-
      Faber seems too obvious for a big reveal.
      other Options: Marshall (although everyone’s fave… seems brotherly to me), Raph, someone new that we don’t know, sister’s boyfriend (really don’t see that happening… but you never know), or some other character that we know but wouldn’t expect… like the cop (the detective?) or her boss… :D (ok maybe not)

Comment by Rae – April 22, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like they ruined the show with this storyline.

Comment by Judy – April 22, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it is too early to judge… they may work it out.

Comment by Rae – April 22, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that it is Christian De La Fuente’s character, I liked him and he is the reason I started watching the show.

Comment by octoberbaby – April 22, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awhile ago, a few people asked Mary McCormack on Twitter if Steven Weber would be back on this season and her response was no. Doesn’t mean the baby couldn’t be Faber’s, but I hope that’s a good sign. He definitely wasn’t my favorite character.

Comment by Mary – April 22, 2011 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Mary the best with her new child. But I hope she has better medical advice & care with it than the butcher who messed up a beautiful woman’s face. What a rotten world that drives these women to succumb to so called cosmetic surgeons to keep working. Those “doctors” got their degrees from the Mengele School of Medicine & should be tried, convicted & executed for their crimes against women.

Comment by Juke Early – April 23, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How come nobody is guessing Stan?

Comment by Ward – April 23, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do the best characters ALWAYS get ruined…It was too good to be true with Mary I guess… I swear if Faber’s the dad I’ll probably puke..I hate his character so much, he pisses me off in every possible way.

Comment by Emily – April 23, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do love this show, but man, if she does not stop messing with her lips I don’t think I’ll be able to watch anymore. They are very distracting!

Comment by Nerdista – April 23, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can confirm that it is not Faber. The poster of above me was right. It is someone who was mentioned on the show before but never shown. The dad will be introduced in the first few episodes.

Comment by Jason – April 25, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope those who are saying it is not Faber’s kid are correct cause that would suck badly…. unless Faber dies. I’d prefer it be Raph’s or Marshall’s (but we know the latter will not happen – at least not until the final season – its rare that the leads are put together before the finale season).

Comment by Jem – April 27, 2011 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i wish it was marshell

Comment by quina – May 23, 2011 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JESUS, WHY CAN’T MARY AND MARSHALL JUST GET TOGETHER? THIS WAY, ALL 70% OF US IPS FANS WHO WANT THEM TO GET TOGETHER CAN STOP WASTING OUR TIME LOOKING FOR SPOILER ALERTS AND STUFF IN HOPES THAT THEY WILL GET TOGETHER! I MEAN G D IT GET TOGETHER MARY AND MARSHALL! COME ON, WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR EVER! IF MARSHALL’S NOT THE DAD…. OR IF IT DOESN’T LEAD TO MARSHALL, I’M DONE WATCHING.

Comment by Grace – May 24, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll effing puke my guts out if its faber…..

Comment by Grace – May 24, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, I think it’s just some random guy she found in a bar or something. I can’t see how it could be Marshall’s. With all that obvious sexual tension the writers are putting between these two (okay, maybe it’s just Marshall making puppy-dog eyes at Mary, but whatever) I can’t imagine why they would write in a random fling between the two. The writers would milk that for all it’s worth. But I’m totally with everyone else: if it’s Faber’s, I will disown this show. That guy was an awful character, and not in the way that he was supposed to be.
    Anyway, yeah. My bet’s on some random dude from a drunken one-night stand.

Comment by Alex – May 31, 2011 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe that’s why the ex-husband is back. He could be the baby daddy!

Comment by A Mary Fan – June 6, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its Faber too, but I think he’ll die or leave and Marshall will step up and FINALLY tell her he loves her and maybe she’ll realize he loves her?? :D

Comment by Anna – June 10, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s Faber I’m never watching USA again, not even for White Collar… I bet it’s Mark, the ex hubby, that’s probably why Brandi kept hinting about him… or maybe not cuz that would be too obvious. I wish it’s Marshall!!!!!!!!!!! Sorta like Booth and Brennan on Bones, bRENNAN is having Booth’s baby (woot woot!). But Bones has been going on forever, they had to do SOMETHING with all that chemistry, and IPS only has four seasons. I just wish the impossible could happen and it was Marshall. Or it’s that idiot Robert Eps, like someone said depends on how far along she is…

Comment by Roscoe – June 13, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So i really hope it is Marshall but chances are it won’t be just so they can drag the chemistry between them. I despise Faber and if it is his baby i don’t think i will be able to watch the show much longer unless he croaks or something. I wish Marshall would tell Mary he loves her but i can see how he would be scared because Mary would clearly push him away because she is scared of losing the one person who gets her and she knows she has a tendency to self destruct when it comes to romantic relationships. And all this talk about it being just Marshall with the feelings is bull because i saw Marys face at her engagement party and its like she was waiting for Marshall to say something. I wouldn’t mind Ralf as long as they don’t get back together, they were ill matched from the start.

Comment by okee – August 9, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the idea of marshall and mary getting together too! I can’t wait until they find a way to straighten everything out and get those 2 together!

Comment by Kirste – December 21, 2011 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Importance of Checking Credit entry Reports On a regular basis.
    The fact is that although sentence is probably to ease
    you from around of your Reference Issues on your Paper Sir Thomas More oftentimes than not, you
    are in all likelihood to be discomfited for unmatchable simple, unavoidable fact;
    many of your Cite Issues leave belike loiter on intimately beyond the Cite Reportage sentence limits the bureaus are suppositious to cleave
    to but in many cases do non bear by. And I certain wasn’t departure to charge Bankruptcy,
    so an attorney wasn’t on my tilt.

Comment by Lavina – April 16, 2014 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post