Weeds Season 7 Spoiler Alert: Scoop on Nancy's New Life Behind Bars

Changes don’t come much bigger than being arrested and thrown behind bars, so it shouldn’t come as a shock that when Weeds begins its seventh season on June 27, it won’t exactly be the same old, same old. To wit:

As the exclusive sneak-peek clip below makes clear, Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) will be now more than ever aware of just how royally messed up her life has become. And anytime she forgets, she need look no further than to the bunk next to hers for a reminder: There, according to some new casting intel, she’ll find Roya, the scheming Russian-American hottie with whom she shares a cell. (Hey, at least Roya also has an easy-on-the-eyes brother — a Demetri, no less! — to visit once in awhile.)

Moreover, even once Nancy gets sprung, she’ll hardly be free and clear. On the contrary, the halfway house in which she’s detained comes with its own busybody Mrs. Garrett — albeit a male one. And her roommate there won’t be exactly a dream cohabitant, either.

So? Getting a contact high off of all this scoopage? Jonesing for a hit of the new season? Click below…

Tags: ,

Comments (57)

• Alright girl prison shower scenes please.

Comment by BrianR – April 21, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what bugs me and i am still just into season 6 about to complete it….what bugs me with all the episodes and seems never to be touched upon is……Nancy keeps getting blamed for messing up or being a f@#k up but what is never discussed is how every single time she gets going good with her business or when everything has been messed up and she is trying desperately to get everything up and running again, every single time and I mean every single time someone figures out what she sells and that it is a viable business for her and everytime they steal from her or ruin her in a big way. She then, every time has to then come up with yet another solution to the latest rip-off and then the hole gets deeper. Also, Nancy is someone in the pot biz who is extremely ethical. She called the DEA to report the tunnel run by Estaban because she discovered he was trafficking sex slaving girls! So for this good deed the hole gets deeper and she has to keep this evil mans baby and marry him to save her and her kids. The hole gets deeper. She is screwed over by EVERYONE over and over yet is told SHE is the problem. This is never discussed. She is always referred to as the one causing all the chaos yet is it really Nancy or the endless people who steal from her, cheat her, screw her over and so on? By the way, the endless parade of people who steal from her everytime, this is really actually what it is like for the diggity dank dealers. Nothing but an endless parade of self serving trash who will stop at nothing in ruining someone for their own gain. I want Nancy to win! I want Nancy to have her successful business and none of these awful people ruining her all the time. Nancy Nancy. Bring back the wonderful Agrestic days!

Comment by freedom e – June 4, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • calm down! this is a show not real life.

Comment by james – June 9, 2011 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think what Nancy is continually blamed for is both the effect her relationship to the criminal world has had on her family and friends and for the effect her moral compass has had on her criminal contacts. The conflict that has propelled the show for seven seasons is that Nancy is essentially caught between two worlds. She continually fails as both a mother and a drug dealer because she can’t reconcile the two roles and maintain any sense of self, her ego and self involvement continually being her downfall. Have you noticed that things always get messy just when she’s feeling like she can’t possibly lose? Of course, it’s a handy storytelling cliche but who hasn’t been there? The whole point of the show seems to be that you’re watching someone trying to live a double life and as Jekyll & Hyde (and any of those politicians and religious leaders who get busted for sex scandals) have shown us, you can’t hide from yourself. You can’t separate the dark from the light. There’s always that grey area you have to be conscious of. That’s where things like to lurk.

Comment by Luno – June 17, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • um that is the whole point of the show is it not!!!!???? and at the end of the day she is a “drug dealer” it is a lose lose business

Comment by niikkii – June 25, 2011 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nancy stopped being a likeable character after learning more about her past. Also, her character is extremely manipulative, and nearly downright despicable. She uses her sexuality to control men and her role as a mother to call the shots; however, they are all the wrong shots. Therefor to say that she always gets “screwed over” is quite ridiculous. Nancy wanted to live the life of crime so she’ll learn how to roll with the heavy hitters. What is easy to forget is that she is engaging in explicit behavior while trying to raise her sons. Her decisions are almost completely self centered with the exception of saving Shane from death and jail time.

I don’t watch much tv so for me to follow a series, especially in its entirety, is unheard of. Weeds is an excellently executed piece of work. It’s fantastical with a curve of reality, an edge to rope the viewer in. I hate Nancy’s character but I love the interaction among the rest of the cast. Brava, Jenji Kohan, brava!

Comment by liz – September 15, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clearly, a fellow self-serving, justify anything to get what you want (including twisted, readily modified efforts at morality…think direct responsibility for at least three murders and several other collateral deaths!) narcissistic, borderline sociopath.
        Don’t you see…this show is to teach people NOT to be anything like Nancy!

Comment by Mary Smith – April 2, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the show watched all six season in a week. Really looking forward to Season 7 but I do miss the Agrestic days the most. And I really would like to see her take Andy more seriously. He is almost better than a husband. He picks up where she leaves off they r perfect together. I guess that would kind of ruin the storyline for them to “settle down” or their version of it. I really love that Nancy doesnt really do drugs and has some morals…again her version of them but still. Did not like the Mexican cartel guy as her husband at all. But the show is still lively with her being one step ahead most of the time and squirming her way out of impossible situations. Hope it stays on the air forever!

Comment by Kimberly Walton – June 15, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man! I’m so stoked!! It’s so close, and yet so far! More scoops to come yes? :]

Comment by Rae – April 21, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU for SOMETHING on WEEDS! It seems like no one does spoilers for this show, which I don’t get, because when I saw this show, it literally changed my life. Done six seasons in a couple months… Such a good show. Can’t wait for it to be back. I hope we get more Nancy and Shane scheming!

Comment by BRETT – April 21, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow i finished the 6 season today took me about 3 weeks to finish it all

Comment by ben – May 22, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do they keep renewing this show. What was once a funny show has turned into a mess of a show. I don’t like anyone anymore.

Comment by Mikey M – April 21, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then don’t watch!! You have a right to not like it, but for those of us that do, why bother telling us! We don’t care that you don’t like it! IMHO

Comment by IMHO – April 21, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree….has gotten really stupid the last couple seasons

Comment by tw – April 22, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this isn’t the last season.

Comment by Brendan – April 21, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still miss the Agrestic seasons. it was best when she was a closet drug dealer/homemaker. It’s gotten kind of silly – but I’m hopeful that this season is better!!

Comment by Jamie – April 21, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are the vidoes almost everytime exclusive to the states and/or canada? I mean im from Norway, and i have been following this site since day one. There`s people from outside of America also.

Comment by Stehpo – April 21, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it makes you feel any better, I’m in Vancovuer Canada and I couldn’t open the clip either :-(

Comment by Drewgo – April 21, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh exclusive to the USA sad cant watch why do tv networks do this makes things exclusive to USA.

Comment by steve – April 21, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s usually your own country’s network people blocking US content, I read all about Canadians blocking US content when I got tired of wondering why I couldn’t watch Hulu. I guess it’s about them wanting to air US tv exclusively on their own channels but I never understood why we get blocked from previews, clips, etc.

Comment by Lisa – April 21, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another year, another season that completely dismisses Celia (Elizabeth Perkins), I suppose? Look, I’m glad Weeds had the balls to completely reinvent itself after Agrestic, but wow at how things have completely fallen by the wayside.

Comment by cami – April 21, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Beth Perkins as well(she honestly seemed the most enthusiastic about the show in interviews/DVD commentaries), but when her contract expired, she didn’t renew it. I wouldn’t blame the show for the actor’s decision, whatever reason that may be.

Comment by Doakes – April 22, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The last 2 seasons have been the best by far. I can’t wait for more!

Comment by TimW (No, not that one) – April 21, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone still watch this show?

Comment by AS – April 21, 2011 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do people still comment on articles they don’t care about?

Comment by mel – April 24, 2011 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Loved your comment. Why people spend their time searching for places to post comments and then taking the time to do it – for something they say they don’t care about. Makes you wonder. Thanks for the insight.

Comment by Joan – June 28, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this show just keeps getting better

Comment by fernando – April 21, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL I literally squee’d when I saw this… I love Weeds!!! I hate how long Showtime makes us wait for new seasons!

Comment by Steph – April 21, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I am so excited that they chose to go the “prison” route. I can’t wait to see how season 7 unfolds. I love Weeds!

Comment by Jared – April 21, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Weeds in July! Where are Andy and the kids?

Comment by sash fan – April 21, 2011 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DITTO. I’m way more interested in whether they will have a Euro-Adventure or head back to the States to try and rescue Nancy or whatever.

Comment by mawhi – April 22, 2011 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yea, i wanna see at least a little bit of Euro adventure, but i doubt it’ll happen.

Comment by Delon – April 22, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Billy Crudup is a fu**ing idiot!!!

Comment by luke – April 22, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I KNOW right? And Claire Danes dumped him after all that. JERK!

Comment by yomama – May 7, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where is the sneak peak with nancy in prison?? it only shows the 40sek ad

Comment by the german – April 22, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE VIDEO IS UNAVAILABLE!!!

Comment by Julsiana – April 22, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!!!

Comment by beth – April 24, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Celia !!

Comment by joshua – April 24, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let me start by saying…. I like the show. I liked it better in agrestic.
    Things are getting a bit far fetched now and hopefully season 7 will be the last. They need to go out on top like Friends did. IMHO.

Comment by ryan – April 29, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. I watched all six seasons in less than a month. I also wish it would go back to the Agrestic times, it was the best the first 3 seasons! Hopefully this isn’t the last season.

Comment by Datrese – May 2, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m upset that they never went to Pittsburgh, but very excited for the new season

Comment by Dana412 – May 5, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, for one, LOVE this show. It has changed drastically from where it started, but that’s the great thing about it IMO. It’s showing how Nancy’s choices have taken her on that journey to where she is now. If they would’ve stayed in Agrestic/Majestic, how far could the show have went?
    BTW, the creator has confirmed this WILL be the last season.
    Take care all! Can’t wait for the premiere! (On my b-day too!! YAY!)

Comment by Jenny G – May 5, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that the last 2 seasons were the best. The humor was so dysfunctional. I hope that the coming season is as funny

Comment by dan fuchs – May 6, 2011 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my goodness…. I cannot wait any longer. It has been too long since I have had a dose of my favorite show. I completed six seasons in one week while I was on vacation (couldn’t get enough). More please!

Comment by Krist10 – May 7, 2011 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sucked after season 5.

Comment by Kmv – May 14, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t have Showtime as a channel so I watch online or on Netflix. Catching up with the old episodes, it was nice when she was back in the subburbs but the show wouldn’t have gone far if they didn’t move on. I agree it has changed alot and has become different but change is good. I always lowkey wonder what is going on with Conrad and his aunt. I can’t wait to finish up season 5 move on to season 6 and wait for season 7 to start

Comment by Amayah – May 16, 2011 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh yeah and I’m not really happy it’s the last season but I can already feel the story line coming to an end during season 5

Comment by Amayah – May 16, 2011 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why anyone who dislikes this show feels the need to comment. …Why you are wasting your time reading this article and commenting negatively is beyond me. I have watched weeds since season one and in my personal opinion, the show wouldn’t have gone as far and wouldn’t be interesting at all had they stayed in agrestic for 6 seasons. I do miss the song at the beginning though…. Little boxes on the hillside:) Love weeds, cant wait for June 27th!!!!

Comment by Aj08 – May 17, 2011 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg this is a good show….if you dont like it…then dont comment.
    Go back to your desperate housewives and bones and other things that make no sense but for some reason are still on tv.

Comment by Dani – May 21, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry the spoilers in this article are not true. this text is directly from the showtime website, check and see for yourself: Pot-selling single mom turned Mexican mafia princess turned escape artist Nancy Botwin turned herself in to the FBI rather than face certain death at the hands of her vengeful ex Esteban and his goon squad. It’s now three years later and Nancy is sprung from the joint and making a fresh start in New York City. Will Nancy be able to successfully reunite her far-flung family and keep her hands clean? Don’t miss a minute of Season 7 of the hit Showtime Original Series WEEDS.

Comment by tdog – May 23, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nancy Price Botwin Rayas it has come to once you get arrested and into trouble for once although, its technically not your fault its Shanes aka (Shawn. But when while Jenji Kohan and her other producers introduce us too the new season 7 with her being at jail for three years in New Yprk. What a interesting beginning to her arrest. Jenji if you get this please tell me why “you picked this beginning for season 7. Its quite interesting why you’ve made it already three years. Great last years season 6 what a twist and laughter all at once you know how to make it BIG! Kuttos to Everyone:)

Comment by Kadla.Baker aka KB – May 25, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. season 7 is the last season–Jenji Kohan stated that she doesn’t feel that she can take the characters any further, and wants to work on other projects.
    2. Andy, Doug, and the kids made it to Coppenhagen, no word on what Shane is up to yet but Silas is a male model of some sort.
    3. as prev stated, it DOES start 3 years later.

that’s all my fiance and i were able to turn up, but i am stoked it starts in 11 days!

Comment by anj – June 16, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched all 6 seasons in like 3 weeks that is horrible!!! But I love this show…Can’t wait until season 6, going to purchase the showtime package on sunday lol….yes it’s that addicting.

Comment by marie – June 23, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched all 6 seasons in like 3 weeks that is horrible!!! But I love this show…Can’t wait until season 7, going to purchase the showtime package on sunday lol….yes it’s that addicting.

Comment by marie – June 23, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • where can I get season 7 on dvd or blue ray

Comment by E.T. – August 21, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch Weeds Season 7, Episode 12 Qualitative Spatial Reasoning Online Free Here —>> http://tinyurl.com/4xfegaw

Comment by mikel – September 19, 2011 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post