TVLine Items: True Blood Stud On Bones, ABC Soaps Boss' Bad Buzz, and More News to Know

Kevin Alejandro is taking a break from Bon Temps to go bowling for Bones.

The True Blood stud will appear in the sixth season finale of the Fox procedural as “a flashy, arrogant man obsessed with bowling,” says TV Guide Magazine. Yep, bowling is the name of the game when Booth and Bones go undercover to solve the brutal murder of a league member, and Alejandro’s character is a suspect.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• ABC Daytime boss Brian Frons may be in a bit of behind-the-scenes trouble after axing both All My Children and One Life to Live late last week, a source tells Page Six. A rep for ABC, though, tells the gossip column there has been no fallout over his serial sudser slashing, stating: “Frons is not leaving the network.”

Glee‘s Chris Colfer has sold to the Disney Channel a pilot based on the children’s book, The Little Leftover Witch, says Deadline.

• Speaking of Colfer: Time Magazine has released its annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world, and the Glee fave made the cut. Other TV types on the estimable list: Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler; Gossip Girl‘s Blake Lively (?!), Mad Men creator Matt Weiner, and author George R.R. Martin, whose Game of Thrones begot an instantly renewed HBO series.

• Sarah Shahi fans, rejoice! While it’s not officially official, AdWeek is reporting that USA’s Fairly Legal has been picked up for a second season. Expect confirmation on Monday, May 2 at the cabler’s upfront presentation.

• NBC has renewed Late Night with Jimmy Fallon for a third season, EW.com reports.

• A&E has set a premiere date for the second season of The Glades: Sunday, June 5 at 10/9c.

• Things are burning up in Mystic Falls, and TVGuide.com has that picture to prove it. Take a look at this sneak peek from The Vampire Diaries‘ season finale and tell us what you think is really going on with Damon and Elena.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. the girl says:

(tentative) Yay for Fairly Legal! I have such a girl crush on Sarah Shahi, and I loved how she held her own on that show this first season. And what a cute touch were all the Wizard of Oz references! Yay (tentatively)!

• KoleBigEars says:

Indeed. I really liked the show and I would love to see how she gets out of all the crap that dumped on her in the finale. (I have my own theories…which I will soon blog about.)

• Meredith44 says:

A (tentative) yay from me as well. I loved that the female characters on the show were actual three dimensional people. Even the supporting/one-time characters. That so rarely happens with shows these days.

2. mike says:

The fans of One Life to Live want that arrogant idiot Brian Frons gone.

• Tess says:

Same goes for the All My Children fans….but sadly, that won’t help us get to keep our shows on the air. Wish he would’ve been in trouble with the network before he had the chance to cancel them.

3. Mark Harding says:

Bless you for mentioning that Frons Page 6 item. If you go to http://www.welovesoaps.net/search/label/Flashback you’ll see a COLLECTION of articles on Frons’ daytime bungles at NBC, CBS, and ABC. (Yes, he’s destroyed soaps at all three networks). How did such a destructive force for soaps have such viability? ABC should strongly encourage him to retire to let some new visionaries pilot their daytime brand — with or without soaps.

4. Amber says:

Good news for Chris Colfer and Matt Weiner! I’m happy to see such talented people get so much respect in their fields. And I’m happy to see Brian Fons not getting respect.

5. Mick says:

Frons was Anne Sweeney’s whipping boy. He was probably promised something to take the bullet once ABC decided to take off soaps. Ironically Disney Jr is having problems launching so 2 soaps will be canceled while Soapnet is still on for a couple of months.

6. tazzy says:

Nothing would make me happier than to see both Anne Sweeney and Brian Frons gone from ABC — maybe retired on a deserted island somewhere without TV — so they can’t mess anything else up!

I understand Being Erica has been renewed for a fourth season. Any ideas how to see it in the states without SoapNet? Or do we know when SoapNet will disapear?

7. Katie says:

Same goes for the GH fans…. can’t stand what BF has done to abc soaps.

8. Suncatcher says:

Love THE GLADES and can’t wait for it to return. Matt Passmore is white hot! Yet another great gift from our mates in Australia!

9. Sherri says:

My heart did a little dance of joy for the news about Fairly Legal! I am hoping that it will do a full on boogie. . . Love the show.

10. Elizabeth says:

Sorry Chris Colfer, but it Disney picks up your idea, it won’t air in this house. No ABC/Disney here…not until Frons disappears and AMC/OLTL are resurrected.