Blind Item: A Sex-Rated Surprise Is Coming Up!

Get More: Blind Item, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Especially observant TVLine readers may have noticed that I quietly updated our May Sweeps Scorecard on Wednesday to expand the list of “Couples having sex for the first time” from two to three.

But what those same readers may not have noticed was the loud gasp I let out just moments before I updated the chart. Because unlike the other two entries, the two characters at the center of this top-secret, season-ending, cliffhangery hook-up have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.

Spoiler Alert: Who’s Dying on Glee?

In fact, if you were to ask me who the last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV were, I probably would’ve named these two. It’s that shocking.

Coupla hints: First off, we’re talking about a very popular series that has already been renewed. Second, the duo in question may or may not be be in a compromised mental state when said shenanigans transpire. Finally, setting up a doozy of a storyline for next season, the walk of shame that follows the one-night stand is witnessed by someone — in this duo’s eyes, the worst possible someone!

Finale Scoop on Fringe, House, Bones and More!

So which show is ending its season with an outta-nowhere sexscapade? Guess away in the comments!

Tags:

Comments (526)

• Alex, go right ahead! Obviously your blind and deaf if you think there have never been any looks or romantic moments between them! And besides SVU doesn’t need a useless, brain damaged viewer like you around anyway!

Comment by Ashley – April 27, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s sheldon and amy farah fowler on The Big Bang Theory, and Leonard sees them.

Comment by calicopatty – April 27, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Sheldon and Amy Farrah Fowler. TBBT

Comment by MarthaF – April 27, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny and Raj witnessed by Leonard.

Comment by Michael – April 28, 2011 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laurie and Bobby on Cougar Town?

Comment by SK – April 28, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s def Big Bang Theory! Probably Penny and Raj or Bernadette and Leonard, wither witnessed by Sheldon/Amy.
    It’s obvious!

Comment by Ems – April 28, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK… did anybody see the Big Bang Theory episode that just aired? I know this is May Sweeps and it isn’t May yet… but halfway through the episode I totally thought (after reading this) that Amy Farrah Fowler and Sheldon were going to hook up! The scenario was really similar to this and nobody would expect them to do it…

Comment by YxY – April 28, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing, since it’s a hetero couple in a comedy series, that it’s Kenneth and Jenna from 30 ROCK since they talked last week about having a baby.

Comment by Benj – April 29, 2011 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since it’s a comedy – an already renewed comedy per MA, I’m going with Laurie and Travis from Cougar Town. Either Ellie or Jules witnessing the walk of shame would be bad.

Comment by Nanner – April 30, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d go for Annie and Abed or Annie and Troy, watched by Pierce. (Community)

Comment by Natalia – May 1, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Either Troy and Britta, witnessed by Troy or Annie/Jeff witnessed by Britta.

Comment by Sofia – May 2, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Sheldon and Penny from Big Bang Theory.

I don’t think anyone besides Pierce and another major cast member would be particularly surprising on Community, considering how much they shake things up on the show anyway. Even Abed probably wouldn’t get to be one of the last two people Ausiello would expect to have sex on TV.

I just don’t think you could have that label without it somehow including Sheldon. Unlike Abed, he’s a lot more vocal about his not being in relationships, and especially about not having sex.

But I don’t think it’s Sheldon and Amy, because technically they have shared what could be considered a romantic moment. And it’s probably not Sheldon and Bernadette, because that would be so out of nowhere that it wouldn’t be believable (Same with Pierce + anyone on Community).

Comment by Sarah – May 2, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going with Ann and Ron on Parks and Rec, witnessed by Tom! That would be pretty hilarious.

Comment by Mich – May 2, 2011 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only coupling this could be is Addison and Sam from Private practice, they are the only couple that have recently broken up, and they live right next to each other, so if Addison sleeps with someone “Conor” hint, hint, Sam could easily see since he lives next door, and Addison is going to be the blind item pregnancy so yea… that would make for GREAT drama! WOW!

Comment by Chocolatema19 – May 4, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pete and Amelia from Private Practice. Either Addie finds them doing it in her house or Violet in her and Pete’s bedroom. Amelia has an addiction history and she can’t drink alcohol…She relapses, Pete notices they talk and it happens. It’s not Sam and Amelia. It wouldn’t be unexpected for Amelia to make a move on Sam, she always said he’s hot etc…With Pete though, not only there wasn’t a hint they’d get together, but they actually fought each other for quite some time…

Comment by Chara – May 6, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It can’t be Private Practice because Ausiello said it is a comedy (See the April 26 Ask Ausiello). I agree with the comments that it involves Sheldon on TBBT.

Comment by Sarah – May 8, 2011 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam & Amelia on Private Practice – Addison catches Amelia’s walk of shame since she lives right next door to Sam and is always spying on him.

Comment by eveateden – May 9, 2011 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be Ben and Ann from Parks and Rec. We know the “encounter” is alcohol fueled and the debut of Tom’s Snakebite Juice (or whatever its called) this week could be the cause. We also know that Ann and Leslie have a falling out this week. I bet that’s why.

Comment by E – May 10, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny and Raj on TBBT!

Comment by Lacey – May 19, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was Penny and Raj!!!! Hilarious!!

Comment by Katie – May 19, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny and Raj!!!! I so called it!!!! I love it! I actually kinda like them together! They are better than Penny and Leonard! OMG, I’m so excited that I was right and for next season! Should be GREAT!!!

Comment by Jenny – May 19, 2011 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Penny and Raj from The Big Bang Theory! :)

Comment by Wendy – May 20, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny and Raj. Big Bang Theory.

Comment by chee – May 20, 2011 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s the situation I wanted for Penny and Sheldon!

Comment by ABC123 – May 20, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last night on bones it came out that brennan and booth had sex on last weeks episode and not only that booth knocked brennan up in the process of it. Best bones finale ever I was waiting for along time for this.

Comment by Marie – May 20, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes they did ( and I’m still squeeing about it) , but the blind item says that the couple in question have never shared a longing glance or romantic moment, which means it’s not about B/B as they are the reigning king and queen of UST.

it’s Penny and Raj on The Big Bang Theory, it came out of nowhere and was horrible. If they were gonna throw Penny at someone drunkenly it should have been Sheldon

Comment by Jayme – May 20, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want everyone to know that I called this blind item, but I think it totally ruined the whole show and I will never watch it again.

Comment by Brad – May 20, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds a lot like Chase and 13 on House. There has never been a hint of any attraction between them and they are both under compromised states of mind right now, especially 13.

Comment by Babygate – May 20, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness some bloggers can still write. My thanks for this piece..

Comment by JESSEDZIEDZIC – October 20, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What an all around good blog post!!

Comment by agen pokerking – December 17, 2011 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post