Blind Item: A Sex-Rated Surprise Is Coming Up!

Especially observant TVLine readers may have noticed that I quietly updated our May Sweeps Scorecard on Wednesday to expand the list of “Couples having sex for the first time” from two to three.

But what those same readers may not have noticed was the loud gasp I let out just moments before I updated the chart. Because unlike the other two entries, the two characters at the center of this top-secret, season-ending, cliffhangery hook-up have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.

Spoiler Alert: Who’s Dying on Glee?

In fact, if you were to ask me who the last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV were, I probably would’ve named these two. It’s that shocking.

Coupla hints: First off, we’re talking about a very popular series that has already been renewed. Second, the duo in question may or may not be be in a compromised mental state when said shenanigans transpire. Finally, setting up a doozy of a storyline for next season, the walk of shame that follows the one-night stand is witnessed by someone — in this duo’s eyes, the worst possible someone!

Finale Scoop on Fringe, House, Bones and More!

So which show is ending its season with an outta-nowhere sexscapade? Guess away in the comments!

1. Ashley says:

Alex, go right ahead! Obviously your blind and deaf if you think there have never been any looks or romantic moments between them! And besides SVU doesn’t need a useless, brain damaged viewer like you around anyway!

2. calicopatty says:

I think it’s sheldon and amy farah fowler on The Big Bang Theory, and Leonard sees them.

3. MarthaF says:

I think it’s Sheldon and Amy Farrah Fowler. TBBT

4. Michael says:

Penny and Raj witnessed by Leonard.

5. SK says:

Laurie and Bobby on Cougar Town?

6. Ems says:

I think it’s def Big Bang Theory! Probably Penny and Raj or Bernadette and Leonard, wither witnessed by Sheldon/Amy.
    It’s obvious!

7. YxY says:

OK… did anybody see the Big Bang Theory episode that just aired? I know this is May Sweeps and it isn’t May yet… but halfway through the episode I totally thought (after reading this) that Amy Farrah Fowler and Sheldon were going to hook up! The scenario was really similar to this and nobody would expect them to do it…

8. Benj says:

I’m guessing, since it’s a hetero couple in a comedy series, that it’s Kenneth and Jenna from 30 ROCK since they talked last week about having a baby.

9. Nanner says:

Since it’s a comedy – an already renewed comedy per MA, I’m going with Laurie and Travis from Cougar Town. Either Ellie or Jules witnessing the walk of shame would be bad.

10. Natalia says:

I’d go for Annie and Abed or Annie and Troy, watched by Pierce. (Community)

11. Sofia says:

Either Troy and Britta, witnessed by Troy or Annie/Jeff witnessed by Britta.

12. Sarah says:

I think it’s Sheldon and Penny from Big Bang Theory.

I don’t think anyone besides Pierce and another major cast member would be particularly surprising on Community, considering how much they shake things up on the show anyway. Even Abed probably wouldn’t get to be one of the last two people Ausiello would expect to have sex on TV.

I just don’t think you could have that label without it somehow including Sheldon. Unlike Abed, he’s a lot more vocal about his not being in relationships, and especially about not having sex.

But I don’t think it’s Sheldon and Amy, because technically they have shared what could be considered a romantic moment. And it’s probably not Sheldon and Bernadette, because that would be so out of nowhere that it wouldn’t be believable (Same with Pierce + anyone on Community).

13. Mich says:

Going with Ann and Ron on Parks and Rec, witnessed by Tom! That would be pretty hilarious.

14. Chocolatema19 says:

The only coupling this could be is Addison and Sam from Private practice, they are the only couple that have recently broken up, and they live right next to each other, so if Addison sleeps with someone “Conor” hint, hint, Sam could easily see since he lives next door, and Addison is going to be the blind item pregnancy so yea… that would make for GREAT drama! WOW!

15. Chara says:

Pete and Amelia from Private Practice. Either Addie finds them doing it in her house or Violet in her and Pete’s bedroom. Amelia has an addiction history and she can’t drink alcohol…She relapses, Pete notices they talk and it happens. It’s not Sam and Amelia. It wouldn’t be unexpected for Amelia to make a move on Sam, she always said he’s hot etc…With Pete though, not only there wasn’t a hint they’d get together, but they actually fought each other for quite some time…

• Sarah says:

It can’t be Private Practice because Ausiello said it is a comedy (See the April 26 Ask Ausiello). I agree with the comments that it involves Sheldon on TBBT.

16. eveateden says:

Sam & Amelia on Private Practice – Addison catches Amelia’s walk of shame since she lives right next door to Sam and is always spying on him.

17. E says:

It has to be Ben and Ann from Parks and Rec. We know the “encounter” is alcohol fueled and the debut of Tom’s Snakebite Juice (or whatever its called) this week could be the cause. We also know that Ann and Leslie have a falling out this week. I bet that’s why.

18. Lacey says:

Penny and Raj on TBBT!

19. Katie says:

It was Penny and Raj!!!! Hilarious!!

20. Jenny says:

Penny and Raj!!!! I so called it!!!! I love it! I actually kinda like them together! They are better than Penny and Leonard! OMG, I’m so excited that I was right and for next season! Should be GREAT!!!

21. Wendy says:

It’s Penny and Raj from The Big Bang Theory! :)

22. chee says:

Penny and Raj. Big Bang Theory.

23. ABC123 says:

That’s the situation I wanted for Penny and Sheldon!

24. Marie says:

Last night on bones it came out that brennan and booth had sex on last weeks episode and not only that booth knocked brennan up in the process of it. Best bones finale ever I was waiting for along time for this.

• Jayme says:

Yes they did ( and I’m still squeeing about it) , but the blind item says that the couple in question have never shared a longing glance or romantic moment, which means it’s not about B/B as they are the reigning king and queen of UST.

it’s Penny and Raj on The Big Bang Theory, it came out of nowhere and was horrible. If they were gonna throw Penny at someone drunkenly it should have been Sheldon

25. Brad says:

I just want everyone to know that I called this blind item, but I think it totally ruined the whole show and I will never watch it again.

26. Babygate says:

This sounds a lot like Chase and 13 on House. There has never been a hint of any attraction between them and they are both under compromised states of mind right now, especially 13.

27. JESSEDZIEDZIC says:

Thank goodness some bloggers can still write. My thanks for this piece..

28. What an all around good blog post!!