Blind Item: A Sex-Rated Surprise Is Coming Up!

Especially observant TVLine readers may have noticed that I quietly updated our May Sweeps Scorecard on Wednesday to expand the list of “Couples having sex for the first time” from two to three.

But what those same readers may not have noticed was the loud gasp I let out just moments before I updated the chart. Because unlike the other two entries, the two characters at the center of this top-secret, season-ending, cliffhangery hook-up have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.

Spoiler Alert: Who’s Dying on Glee?

In fact, if you were to ask me who the last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV were, I probably would’ve named these two. It’s that shocking.

Coupla hints: First off, we’re talking about a very popular series that has already been renewed. Second, the duo in question may or may not be be in a compromised mental state when said shenanigans transpire. Finally, setting up a doozy of a storyline for next season, the walk of shame that follows the one-night stand is witnessed by someone — in this duo’s eyes, the worst possible someone!

Finale Scoop on Fringe, House, Bones and More!

So which show is ending its season with an outta-nowhere sexscapade? Guess away in the comments!

1. charah16 says:

one of the three couples must be chuck and sarah .. look at this sypnosis for it’s 22nd ep on chuck tvedge.net

Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) put aside spy work to have a weekend of DEBAUCHERY, but Awesome’s (Ryan McPartlin) plans for Chuck’s big night don’t go quite as expected. Meanwhile, Ellie’s (Sarah Lancaster) investigation into her father’s computer leads to a life-changing discovery. Joshua Gomez, Sarah Lancaster, Adam Baldwin, Scott Krinsky and Vik Sahay also star.

so excited .. !!

• natasha says:

Very popular series (Chuck may be awesome, but not so much with the ratings), and it hasn’t been renewed yet.

2. kate says:

april/jackson on greys witnessed by Lexie

3. Nickster says:

Oh please not Sheldon… i’ll quit watching BBT. He is getting a new roommate though…

4. Dave says:

Abed and Shirley witnessed by Pierce would be awesome :)

5. Fernando says:

Wilson and Cuddy, witnessed by House?

6. Lily says:

Oh God…I think it’s Walter and Olivia, witnessed by Peter. :O

7. Mike says:

“if you were to ask me who the last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV were, I probably would’ve named these two. It’s that shocking.”

I have a feeling that this isn’t a heterosexual couple.

8. I ♥ Chuck says:

The worlds ruling Kabul has secretly renewed Chuck and the hook up will be John Casey and Morgan Grimes witnessed by Alex. Heh heh

9. Sara says:

Has Raj ever had a crush on Penny on “The Big Bang Theory.” If not, I think those two are the answer to the blind item.

10. justawildguess says:

Barney/Baby Bopp?

11. TJ says:

Bones and Sweets :)

That would be horrible…but that is a very unlikely couple..

I really think it would be Will and Sue from Glee though..because he said it would be the last couple he would ever expect..and I really think they would be the dead last couple anyone would expect.

12. Georgia says:

It isn’t anyone from Glee seeing as how Aussiello already said the Glee finale would not have any SHOCKING cliffhangers.

13. TJ says:

Is Hawaii Five-O “very” popular? Because I’ve been getting the feeling that maybe Danny & Kono are going to end up together. The walk of shame witness? Grace, I guess.

14. Brad says:

travis and laurie on cougartown FTW

15. Chris says:

My guess would be Blaine and Karofsky from Glee – with kurt witnessing.

16. Alex says:

If Elliot and Olivia from SVU get together, I think I’m going to kill myself.

17. Laura says:

Bailey and Alex on Grey’s would be hilarious, witnessed by Derek, Meredith or the chief.

18. Natalie says:

I would love a Kensi and G hookup from NCIS LA and seen by Deeks.

19. Kat says:

Gibbs and Abby, witnessed by any of the others. Okay, so that’d never happen but it’d make my day, especially since it was this time last year she asked if he loved her like a daughter and he couldn’t answer…

20. Aimee says:

Okay i swear some of you people are just stupid. sorry but Walter and Astrid… never going to happen! seriously what kind of show do you think Fringe is. and Bolivia and Olivia? WTF do you even watch tv. anyways my guess if …

APRIL AND JACKSON WITNESSED BY LEXIE!

• cocochanel says:

seriously what are you smoking??? It has already been stated that April will remain a virgin, so not happening. I thought it would be funny if Astrid/Broyles hooked up too funny, maybe Walter/Nina Sharp Broyles/Nina Sharp. Catch a clue Aimee, he said shocking, already renewed show, last 2 people you would think, duh so of course we guessed fringe idiot.

21. vee says:

Lynette and Carlos, witnessed by… Paul (although I get the feeling he might not be around for much longer…).

22. OrangeCrush13 says:

Alex, why on earth would Elliot and Olivia getting together piss you off that much? And besides if you read the full article, you would know that it said the two people that hookup “…have never shared a longing glance or romantic moment.” So that rules them out, at least for now. My money’s on Penny and Raj from TBBT. That would make for a pretty hilarious finale IMO

• Alex says:

E/O have never shared anything close to a romantic or longing look, so actually, they do qualify. There is about as much chemistry between Elliot and Olivia as there is between my great-grandmother and Justin Bieber.

I despise E/O. If it happens I am going to fly into an Elliot-esque rage.

23. Pearl says:

I have to say.
    When he said “the most umprobable couple” in a serie already renew, o thought in just one: PENNY AND SHELDON. I dont even have to justify.

24. TouchHistory says:

I say Sheldon and Amy on Big Bang Theory. Or Raj will get his wish to be with Bernadette and Howard will see. There’s so many shows are you going to tell us when it happens?

25. Juan says:

Blaine and Karofsky?

26. Chris says:

What about Kalinda and Will hooking up and Alicia finding out on The Good Wife? Wouldn’t that be one of the worst things? Kalinda has already cheated with her husband, and now Will too? In Kalinda and Will’s eyes, she would be the last one they want knowing about it. We’ll see….

27. amanda says:

Cuddy and Wilson

28. Lisa says:

I think Ben and Ann on Parks and Rec. Spotted by Leslie.

29. Sara says:

I definitely think it’s Community. Abed/Annie, probably – witnessed by Jeff.

30. HiredTeenageAssassin says:

Penny and Raj
    based on your most recent spoilers

31. Jem says:

I’m thinking it’s most probably Community… They have a large ensemble and many possible variations. Also it’s not like there are any clear “ships” on that show so the writers are at liberty to pair whoever they want to together. Eg Shirley and Chang (with Troy witnessing them) during Halloween. The writers seem likely to do the same sort of thing again.

Ausiello already said it’s a comedy in the latest AA, and here is what we have for renewed comedies: Modern Family, P&R, BBT, HIMYM, The Office, 30 Rock, Cougar Town, Glee.

I don’t watch BBT, Office, 30 Rock or Glee regularly so I really have no idea.

It would be wrong to do so on MF since they’re all related.
    HIMYM the main characters have been there done that (excluding Lily and Marshall who are married and insanely in love). The past guests have all been love interests or family members, so I’m ruling them out.
    Cougar Town… Who? Laurie and Bobby? Possible but not probable I think.
    Prex is also another possibility, Ann and Tom?! But he has flirted with her before so I guess that rules it out.

Ah well. The only catch with Community is that it’s not a very popular show. My mind is reeling from all the speculation!!!

32. Jason says:

Community. Troy and Britta.

33. Kallie says:

Elliot and Olivia. Witnessed by Cragen. Seriously.
    It fits the hints!
    -SVU Is the most popular of the LO franchise, easily getting like 12 mill views each season.
    -It’s already been renewed for Season 13, just recently.
    -Yes, they’ve shared what us shippers classify as romantic, but in reality they’ve only hugged a couple times, and anyway best friends, which they are, do that all the time. They haven’t actually shared like a kiss or anything.
    -Cragen would be the worst possible witness because he’s their boss, and relations between partners are forbidden.
    -IT’S BEEN TWELVE YEARS, PLEASE LET IT BE THEM!

34. Lilbitty says:

I don’t know why, but the first thing that came to my mind was Penny and Sheldon on Big Bang Theory…

35. Natalie says:

I’m thinking Donna and Tom, WoS witnessed by Leslie on Parks and Rec.

36. Anna says:

Penny and Sheldon from Big Bang Theory!!! That would be a big surprise.

37. J says:

I was thinking Penny and Raj also. It would be the most shocking to me and the altered state could be that experimental drug Raj takes and/or alcohol.

Or maybe Ron w someone on PRex like Ann or Donna? (I love it but is PRex considered popular?) But my money is on Penny & Raj…

38. Tommy says:

It’s Sheldon and Amy on The Big Bang Theory, and Penny see’s the walk of shame.

39. ruba says:

this is wishful thinking but i really hope the couple to have sex fro the first time are annie and jeff i mean they made it ckear that annie is in love with jeff and that he does NOT feel the same way but maye though it’s a long shot a really long one

40. Pan says:

I’m going with Lily and Barney on HIMYM, only it will be a convuluted partering. Lily is distressed because Marshall can’t make babies…Barney is, well, Barney, but acting at Marshall’s behest.

And Ted will be the one to notice, unaware that this was all pre-planned and approved by all involved.

41. Melissa says:

Penny and Sheldon on BBT. Viewed by Leonard! its been renewed and its a comedy!

42. Jen says:

Don’t know if anyone has said this one yet… but what about Penny and Sheldon on Big Bang Theory?

43. just me says:

The last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV???

Rajesh and Penny (The Big Bang Theory).
    I know, much too weird so another guess.

Sheldon and Amy (The Big Bang Theory)

IMO in both cases “never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment”

44. larry says:

Rajesh and Amy as witnessed by Sheldon.

Rajesh is a ladies man when alcohol is involved.

45. Anyse says:

I think it’s Travis and Laurie on Cougartown and Ellie sees them!

46. Whoa Now... says:

I say Britta & Troy from Community & they’re witnessed by either Shirley or Abed.

47. janie says:

I think its going to be cougar town.. the girl is definitely going to be laurie.. but i havent figured out if its going to be travis or Bobby.. if its travis, then it will be witnessed by Jules.. if its bobby, my guess is that it would be witnessed by travis.. the altered metnal state is goign to be that they are drunk.. I dont think that jules would forgive laurie if she just slept with travis.. (if they started dating slowly it might be ok) so i bet it will be laurie and bobby.

• janie says:

in response to myself.. i just had another thought.. i think that it will be laurie and bobby (drunk of course) witnessed by jules so then later if laurie and travis start to develop feelings for each other.. jules will be against it because of what laurie and bobby did…

48. A says:

Definitely…Sheldon and Penny

49. linklatersmith says:

Since Ausiello updated this in this week’s AA to say that it’s a comedy and a heterosexual couple, I’d say it’s either Glee or Community. Yes, Ausiello did say nothing shocking would happen, but a beloved female character IS dying in the next few episodes and that sounds pretty shocking to me, so why not? If it’s Glee I’d go with Will/Sue just because of the “last couple” thing, but everyone’s Rachel/Sam guesses sound pretty good and if it’s Community maybe Abed and someone? Just because he’s the least sexual out of all of them so any pairing with him is a surprise and there have been a lot of mentions that Community’s season finale will be big and have surprises.

50. Deb says:

It has to be on Cougar Town & I’ll bet it is Laurie & Travis. She just talked about her “walk of shame” and how she loves it. Who sees it? Either Jules or maybe her best friend/neighbor…who then has to decide if she is going to tell Jules. Betcha!!!