Blind Item: A Sex-Rated Surprise Is Coming Up!

Get More: Blind Item, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Especially observant TVLine readers may have noticed that I quietly updated our May Sweeps Scorecard on Wednesday to expand the list of “Couples having sex for the first time” from two to three.

But what those same readers may not have noticed was the loud gasp I let out just moments before I updated the chart. Because unlike the other two entries, the two characters at the center of this top-secret, season-ending, cliffhangery hook-up have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.

Spoiler Alert: Who’s Dying on Glee?

In fact, if you were to ask me who the last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV were, I probably would’ve named these two. It’s that shocking.

Coupla hints: First off, we’re talking about a very popular series that has already been renewed. Second, the duo in question may or may not be be in a compromised mental state when said shenanigans transpire. Finally, setting up a doozy of a storyline for next season, the walk of shame that follows the one-night stand is witnessed by someone — in this duo’s eyes, the worst possible someone!

Finale Scoop on Fringe, House, Bones and More!

So which show is ending its season with an outta-nowhere sexscapade? Guess away in the comments!

Tags:

Comments (526)

• Can’t be will and sue because they had the whole episode of funk. Where they did this storyline, it isn’t anything related to glee.

Comment by naomi – April 21, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most unlikely ones I can think of would involve The Good Wife

–Alicia and Eli, or Alicia and Cary.

Why? Definitely a compromised mental state, at least on her part.

Comment by Leithen – April 21, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like this as an idea. It would definitely be surprising. I don’t know if I’d call TGW a ‘very popular’ show, though.

Comment by Miv – April 21, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know why, but I keep thinking of the Big Bang Theory. My guess is Penny and Raj witnessed by Sheldon! lol Probably won’t happen, but hey it’s a guess!

Comment by Jenny – April 21, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What if it is Bobby and Laurie and travis sees them?
    I hope not because I want Laurie and Travis to end up together!

Comment by Mandy – April 21, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree about Big Bang Theory. I’ve been speculating on Penny/Sheldon for a hot minute. I’m also going to throw in my guess on:

The Office: Andy/Kelly, witnessed by Erin

Comment by Jess – April 21, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris will see Owen and Teddy together in bed

Comment by sturla – April 21, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This does not fulfill the clue of no longing glances. Teddy has shown her fair share of longing glances at Owen.

Comment by Lucia – April 21, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • um… they’ve had a lot more than longing glances.

Comment by lb – April 21, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s why it is not them. The couple in the blind item has never shared longing glances or any romantic moments.

Comment by Cinders – April 21, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dunno why, but my first thought went to bones… (although im not sure whether its been renewed or not?)
    maybe like angela and booth and brennan sees? definately would not see that coming … its probably a long shot though lol

Comment by ellysha – April 21, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since the show has not been renewed and she’s very pregnant and giving birth in the final, seems so very unlikely.

Comment by booth_girl – April 21, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGarrett and Danno on Hawaii Five-0. Witnessed by Rachael. If this was Showtime or HBO and not CBS. (hey, a girl can dream)

Comment by Stephanie – April 21, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laurie and Travis on Cougar Town

Comment by O.O – April 21, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, they’ve flirted before. He says unexpected.

I’m thinking Laurie and Bobby in Hawaii after a few drinks and some penny-can. Those two would make such a cute couple.

Comment by Darcy – April 22, 2011 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Patrick and Grace witness by Teresa. Hey, a girl can dream lol.

Comment by Jess – April 21, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rachel and Quinn from Glee?

Comment by teddy – April 21, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Sheldon and Penny witnessed by Lenard? That would be a shocker!

Comment by Wksm – April 21, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liz lemon and Jack Donaghy witnessed by Frank Rossitano.

Comment by Danielle – April 21, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was also Chuck And Serena! Weird it was the first comment I saw…
    Seen by worst possible someone is GG or Vanessa. Or Georgina. I don’t know. Maybe not.

Comment by Lily – April 21, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam and Dean witnessed by Castiel. Or God. Or Bobby.

Comment by Jenny – April 21, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its gonna be Morgan and the new girl from Criminal Minds and Garcia will be the witness!!

Comment by rgm31 – April 21, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now I have to bleach my brain, thanks…

Comment by BT – April 22, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheldon and Amy from The Big Bang Theory. The only way they would do it is if they weren’t in their normal state!

Comment by John Crud – April 21, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leslie & Ron from Parks & Rec. with Andy or Tom as witness.

Comment by ms. guided – April 21, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm…If it’s Glee:- Will & Sue witnessed by Emma or Will & Beast witnessed by Sue OR Blaine & Karofsky witnessed by Kurt ?!?

If it’s TBBT:- Penny & Sheldon witnessed by Leonard is pretty damn unlikely

If it’s Fringe:- Olivia & Walternate witnessed by Peter! HAHAHA. Considering the world ending consequences of who Peter chooses…. that could be interesting!

Comment by Guccichild – April 21, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Laurie and Travis on Cougar Town?

Comment by Amc – April 21, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amelia and Sam on Private Practice — Definite game-changer.

Comment by David – April 21, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dereck and Mark-Greys Anatomy haha

Comment by fernando – April 21, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Santana and Quinn from Glee…we know Santana is in love with her bestie (whose currently unavailable) and Quinn’s the most repressed lesbian ever (why has no-one drawn the parallels between her treatment of Rachel and Karofsky’s of Kurt?)…what if they hook up and the walk of shame is witnessed by Rachel…who would undoubtedly want to throw them a Pride Parade immediately…

Comment by Skye – April 21, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • there is so much I love about this.

Comment by you – April 23, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheldon & Penny, TBBT. You don’t need to be a genius (or a nerd) to predict that.

Comment by And Who Disguised As – April 21, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christina and Derek on Grey’s… That would surely cause dramatic ramifications..

Comment by boidiva02 – April 21, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will and any of the students on Glee, witnessed by Sue.

Comment by Miv – April 21, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Penny and Raj. Somebody on the twop boards went to the taping and posted it over there.

Comment by Mike – April 21, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva and McGee…busted by Gibbs

Comment by Tracie – April 21, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I noticed some other people have mentioned a possible Big Bang Theory hook up. That was my first thought also, however I have a different pairing in mind – Amy and Leonard getting together, witnessed by either Sheldon or Penny.

Comment by Ren – April 21, 2011 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMGOSH! What about Leslie and Ron and Ben sees them? Would break my heart a little.

Comment by wooster182 – April 21, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva and Gibbs

Comment by je – April 21, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to ignore for a moment the fact that The Vampire Diaries hasn’t officially been renewed yet because, well, c’mon, it’s one of the net’s biggest hits, it’ll be back.
    Elena and Katherine would certainly be a surprise — not to mention audacious — coupling.

Comment by Rob J. – April 21, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shelden and Penny on BBT.

Comment by alec – April 21, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, well my vote is in for April and Jackson on Grey’s Anatomy. Just because she is a virgin and he is her best friend… I could absolutley see him pulling the “I’m your best friend and will respect you and make your first time special… blah blah blahhhh” but anyways thats my guess.

Comment by Kate – April 21, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok I’m going completely random here. Eli and Alicia. Peter sees them.

Comment by Amanda – April 21, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read on another site from someone who claimed to be at the show taping that Penny and Raj hookup on the finale of BBT and alcohol is involved. This could be it

Comment by Dw – April 21, 2011 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be Penny and Raj and witnessed by Sheldon who cannot keep a secret.

Comment by AJ – April 21, 2011 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even though I love fringe and Walter. The thought of pairing him with anyone kinda grosses me out. The only couple I want to see together on that show is Peter and Olivia (our Olivia, not Bolivia).

Comment by Lauren – April 21, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about two characters on Bones? Maybe Sweets and Cam? We haven’t seen Daisy in awhile, and Sweets might be getting lonely. Maybe after the group goes out for drinks to celebrate after solving a murder? Or it could be Cam and the intern that Angela slept with before?

Comment by Sarah – April 21, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone think about it. It’s going to be Penny and Raj from the Bing Bang scene by Lenoard. They will both be hammered drunk.

Comment by Brad – April 21, 2011 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bobby and Laurie on Cougar Town! Obviously, they have too much wine, flirt over penny-can and then Jules or Travis catches Laurie exiting Bobby’s Hawaiian hotel room! BOOM!

Comment by Darcy – April 22, 2011 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Fringe, with Walter and Astrid (hey, it has to be an unlikely pairing) and Peter catching them. Besides with all of Walters drugs in the laboratory, they have a valid excuse for a mishap.

Comment by cic – April 22, 2011 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quinn and Rachel.

Comment by JT – April 22, 2011 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gibbs & EJ on NCIS and Tony sees them?
    More clues please ?

Comment by sophie – April 22, 2011 01:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny and Sheldon on big bang?! Haha probably not but would be hilarious!

Comment by dani – April 22, 2011 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to go with Community, Abed and Annie, witnessed by Pierce!

Comment by Lee – April 22, 2011 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ^ It would make more sense if it were Gibbs and EJ, since they seem to hate one another. With Tony being the one to walk in on them.

Comment by mel – April 22, 2011 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ted and Nora on HIMYM, witnessed by Barney

Comment by yahoo – April 22, 2011 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thinking Sam and Rachel from Glee witnessed by either Santana or Finn…

Popular Show and never even talk to each other. Alcohol would play a factor b/c it is Prom night…

This gets my vote..

Comment by me1023 – April 22, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam and Rachel from Glee.
    Its a fairly popular show, the couple have barely talked in past episodes and I guess either Finn or Quinn witness the walk of shame?
    Plus I think I heard some rumor to do with a weird Sam coupling?

Comment by Flo – April 22, 2011 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post